Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Grog posted:

Oh, okay. That's good to know, then. Thanks. I just thought a bunch of them are "tactical" only and required an actual group to complete. At least, that's kind of how it seemed for the one tactical flashpoint I tried entering recently.

It is surprisingly easy to queue up for whichever non-storymode flashpoints you need to do (they don't all have solo/story modes) and complete them with a group of randoms. Sure, sometimes it will be a mess that can't get past the first set of enemies, but it's definitely better than fifty-fifty that you'll get the flashpoint done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh, yeah. Some of the FPs actually do require a group as they don't have solo mode, but you just use the groupfinder queue as prefect said and just filter it for the ones you do need with you being bolstered accordingly (i.e. gear/level don't matter). The list of what's solo and what isn't is here.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Grog posted:

Oh, okay. That's good to know, then. Thanks. I just thought a bunch of them are "tactical" only and required an actual group to complete. At least, that's kind of how it seemed for the one tactical flashpoint I tried entering recently.

This is true - about half of them do not have solo mode options so you must complete them with a group. Easiest way is to just select the ones you need and join group finder.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

It looks like two of the flashpoints you have to do are for the opposite faction too, so even if you just want the gear and not the companion you will still need a DvL char on both sides.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bagrada posted:

It looks like two of the flashpoints you have to do are for the opposite faction too, so even if you just want the gear and not the companion you will still need a DvL char on both sides.

This is true; I filed a help ticket asking about it and they said "yes you gotta do that one too".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Berke Negri posted:

I don't think the kids are too on the up and up about what dad was up to. If I remember right much like the Dark Council, Valk's family doesn't know why he goes silent for long stretches of time, and I'm pretty sure don't know how he became immortal either. Arcann just wants to rule the whole galaxy as emperor, as Valk says in some fashion he has "jealousy, not ambition". Dad hosed him up and he killed his own brother, who he also blames on dad. I don't think Arcann or Vailyn or any of Zakuul really know about Vitiate planning on just sucking up the whole galaxy once he's bored.

Eternal Throne datamining goes into more detail about Valk's motivations. He seems to just be a body-thief now. Valkorion's body was finally giving out, so now Vitiate has set his sights on you as his next host body. Not a word is mentioned about him eating planets or wanting to become a god, he just wants immortality.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

This is true; I filed a help ticket asking about it and they said "yes you gotta do that one too".

Yeah, at least they have solo modes available for the opposite faction ones so you just need to get to like level 30 to access them.

And let's be honest, if you're going for Champion you might as well just spend the few extra hours to get an opposite faction toon to 65 for Eternal.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Since war accommodations are going away, what will take their place for PvP currency? Will there even be new PvP gear at level 70?

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Since war accommodations are going away, what will take their place for PvP currency? Will there even be new PvP gear at level 70?

It appears pvp gear, much like the multiplayer aspect of this game, is going away completely and not coming back.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Grog posted:

For the tacticals I needed, my fiance and I just two-manned them. Other than the occasional tough spot it was doable.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

PvP gear and PvE gear is being merged. Expertise is removed.

All endgame gear (with set bonus) comes from Galactic Command boxes that you earn beginning at 70. You gain Galactic Command experience by doing a range of activities, PvP, operations, Heroics, dailies, etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

All endgame gear (with set bonus) comes from Galactic Command boxes that you earn beginning at 70. You gain Galactic Command experience by doing a range of activities, PvP, operations, Heroics, dailies, etc.

Will there still be bolstering in PVP?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

No boxes for playing dress-up though, only rewards from that are for entering the Halloween costume contest that ends on Sunday!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

Will there still be bolstering in PVP?

I haven't seen anything official, but my assumption is that 1-69 PvP will get bolstered since different levels participate against each other. 70 PvP will have no need for bolster since expertise is gone and will be an interesting cluster gently caress with fully geared people going against poo poo geared people.

Though overall I think it's fine because lovely PvP people will continue to be lovely, they've just removed the anger trigger i get when I look and see someone in full 216 comm gear with 800 expertise on my team.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

No boxes for playing dress-up though, only rewards from that are for entering the Halloween costume contest that ends on Sunday!

Also, to add to this, I spent some time organizing the vaults yesterday now that they are much emptier thanks to someone taking everything they could with three different toons (oooh and he robbed the pub side guild bank as well). There are enough items in the Oedzi Memorial tab that we have prizes for pretty much anyone that participates. We'll do first place gets first choice of item (likely Senya pike) and second second choice, and so on and so forth. :) So everyone, put at least a half rear end costume together and post it!

Edit - Well Hulk Smash!, I'm still getting a fair amount for dumping my crystals into companion gifts.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 3, 2016

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Also, to add to this, I spent some time organizing the vaults yesterday now that they are much emptier thanks to someone taking everything they could with three different toons (oooh and he robbed the pub side guild bank as well). There are enough items in the Oedzi Memorial tab that we have prizes for pretty much anyone that participates. We'll do first place gets first choice of item (likely Senya pike) and second second choice, and so on and so forth. :) So everyone, put at least a half rear end costume together and post it!

Edit - Well Hulk Smash!, I'm still getting a fair amount for dumping my crystals into companion gifts.

I saw that dude on a lot, was he an SA guy? How did he get through our foolproof background check and who added him?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

The only thing I ever check in the guild bank is conquest encryptions when I'm turning those in - did we actually have anything of value in any of the public tabs or was it just trash like most goon banks fill with?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aleth posted:

The only thing I ever check in the guild bank is conquest encryptions when I'm turning those in - did we actually have anything of value in any of the public tabs or was it just trash like most goon banks fill with?

Sometimes it's trash arranged into letters or symbols.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It was mostly trash, a few gold cartel sets but mostly sub 500k items. It was just a ton of stuff.

As far as vetting, we've pretty much always run with "Don't be a dick" for guild bank rules and unlike most MMORPG goon guilds, we've had pretty good luck. It's actually generally been the opposite where people put too much into the guild bank and no one ever uses the XP boosts that we have hundreds of. :).

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

EricMusco posted:

...we are looking at adding a new stream to our schedule with some special guests (so you can see some new faces beyond Charles, Ben, and I).
Nonentity, will you be one of them showing off the cool stuff you've made?

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Hmm. I wish I had a few 500K items to sell then. Friggin broke just buying a few Legacy perks last night to Level 3.

I fail at MMO money making.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cythereal posted:

Eternal Throne datamining goes into more detail about Valk's motivations. He seems to just be a body-thief now. Valkorion's body was finally giving out, so now Vitiate has set his sights on you as his next host body. Not a word is mentioned about him eating planets or wanting to become a god, he just wants immortality.

Sometimes Usually I feel like they have no idea what they're doing with the Emperor's character and just have him bounce from villainous archetype to villainous archetype as the whim suits them.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've definitely aired my grievances about games before, but I'll typically make one or two posts... and then stop playing the drat thing and move on to a game I do like. I can't really relate to spending months on end narrating blow-by-blow why I don't like a game that I'm actively playing. Like dude, just do something else. Play another game, watch a movie, listen to a funny podcast, go for a walk, I dunno. It's your leisure time, do something you enjoy.
Have you ever read the Mass Effect 3 thread? I have. God help me, I have.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

EdEddnEddy posted:

Hmm. I wish I had a few 500K items to sell then. Friggin broke just buying a few Legacy perks last night to Level 3.

I fail at MMO money making.

Credits are Disney Dollars, no one of worth takes them. It's okay to be poor!

Don't ever go to the GTN to continue this huge lie.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

It was mostly trash, a few gold cartel sets but mostly sub 500k items. It was just a ton of stuff.

As far as vetting, we've pretty much always run with "Don't be a dick" for guild bank rules and unlike most MMORPG goon guilds, we've had pretty good luck. It's actually generally been the opposite where people put too much into the guild bank and no one ever uses the XP boosts that we have hundreds of. :).

Maybe someone was just trying to raise money for a crate-o-matic

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah, I was going to do that as well but, well, I'm really lazy. I've been dumping crafting mats though, while the prices are still high.

I'm at the point of having most of what I want though, so more credits has become like a clicker phone game. Just make the numbers go up with no real reason in sight.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sombrerotron posted:

Have you ever read the Mass Effect 3 thread? I have. God help me, I have.

Congratulations. That thread is amazing, especially the parts where an unsuspecting new player narrates their journey through the game and gets to the end.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

CeeCee posted:

Nonentity, will you be one of them showing off the cool stuff you've made?

shrug

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Sometimes Usually I feel like they have no idea what they're doing with the Emperor's character and just have him bounce from villainous archetype to villainous archetype as the whim suits them.

This is why I have never liked the Emperor as a villain from Shadow of Revan onwards.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm gone 5 minutes and Senya not only gets captured but also tells a clearly-evil android all about my super weapon project. "Luckily" it wants to "help".

Now on my way to meet a man who tried to kill me the last time we met. Alone. Because he asked (not even nicely).

T7 you're the only one I can trust.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That 'android' would be SCORPIO, one of the original Agent companions.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cythereal posted:

This is why I have never liked the Emperor as a villain from Shadow of Revan onwards.

He's more of a plot device than a villain, let alone a character. He does whatever the plot needs him to do to move the plot in whatever direction the current writers feels like, says whatever the plot needs him to say in order to coincide with whatever themes the story is currently using.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just resubbed, have a referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/Ms34PX

Aleth posted:

That 'android' would be SCORPIO, one of the original Agent companions.

SCORPIO, M1-4X, T7, HK-51, why are so many of the best companions droids?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blizz isn't a droid, and neither is Gus so I don't know where you are getting your intelligence

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

McSpanky posted:

I just resubbed, have a referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/Ms34PX

SCORPIO, M1-4X, T7, HK-51, why are so many of the best companions droids?

You forgot Z0-0M :colbert:

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

You do a good job!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You forgot Z0-0M :colbert:

It wasn't a comprehensive list :shobon:

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Heeeeeeyyyy, if we're posting referral links, here's mine: http://www.swtor.com/r/tsF5Nr. oh god what am I doing I've never used this before what's going to happen to me

I think I don't actually care about any of those listed referral rewards, though. The extra coins from new/renewing subscribers is probably nice, but I don't really use any of the pets I already have. The speeder looks okay.

edit: To actually make this post meaningful in some way, are both of the guilds on Jedi Covenant? What's the status of the guilds? Are they basically just being used to get guild bonuses at this point? I have an old username and password for the "That's No Goon" Enjin site, but I think that's from before the server mergers started happening.

some dillweed fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 4, 2016

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Decided to take a screenshot of a low :effort: costume of a single shade of Reading Rainbow with a bit of Republic Justice Prime assistance.

It is by pure chance I got matching green boots and cloak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Does anyone have tips for power tech tanking? I've a stupid newbie who would like to give it a go. It seems like packs are so spread out though! I have a hard time deciding if I just run around rocket punching or flame spinning everything.

• Locked thread