Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
You know, as I loved ICO and SotC I immediately preordered Last Guardian, CE too. The more I see though the less convinced I am and as someone said I kinda feel obligated to buy it? To be fair I think I need to just overcome my dumb side this time and cancel the CE and just wait to get the game in a sale later on.

Are people excited? The previews and general impression I get of the game are very tepid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wish the cubs had won last year. It would have made BTTFII even more prescient.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blackfyre posted:

Are people excited? The previews and general impression I get of the game are very tepid.

To be honest I have looked at none of the previews or videos because I want to see them in game. I'm excited, but mostly because of my experiences with the other games.

Stupidly enough I think Pewdiepie is the one with the most video of the game right now. The marketing of the game in general has been a bit muted and weird but I think that's only natural for as long as it's basically been vaporware.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Blackfyre posted:

You know, as I loved ICO and SotC I immediately preordered Last Guardian, CE too. The more I see though the less convinced I am and as someone said I kinda feel obligated to buy it? To be fair I think I need to just overcome my dumb side this time and cancel the CE and just wait to get the game in a sale later on.

I mean I kinda am, but I'm also expecting something that looks and plays like it was from 2008.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blackfyre posted:

No one has played past the first 30 mins where it teaches movement and interaction with the beast.

The movement is typical over animated loose team ico movement from the mid 2000s so people got turned off and the interactions at first are very simple environmental puzzles so people got bored.

It could go amazing places but right now all we know is it has a fairly standard tutorial and looks and feels like a ps3 remaster.

Im gonna get it for xmas but i wont rush out for it if i still am playing something else.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYpUYJStD0

Set a new record in Max Payne 3, I am now 10 minutes ahead of my own record, more than 11 minutes ahead of the 2nd place one! :woop:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Last Guardian has been delayed so much I've literally stopped caring about it. I hope it's good though, I recently replayed ICO on PS3 and forgot how fantastic the puzzle design was. I'm one of the guys who think ICO is better than SotC so I'm liking that tLG looks more like the former.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I don't know what's happening in this.

Also I don't know what's happening in your new av.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hey... corn... who ya voting for gwahahaha. get well soon buddy

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pissing off GBS enough for them to self-own themselves by buying a terrible avatar with just a few sentences is a badge of honor IMO

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bicyclops posted:

Pissing off GBS enough for them to self-own themselves by buying a terrible avatar with just a few sentences is a badge of honor IMO

Wow at that text.

Besides didn't Corn already toxx for Gary Johnson????

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is GBS not dead though?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mods tell us who bought that av

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CJacobs posted:

They usually confess to it on their own. All 9 of the people who have bought Angrytars for me have eventually had to let me know

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Golden Goat posted:

i'm about to light some fools on fire, what's to know

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI3xvjh412c

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

what the gently caress even are video games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

he should have built a wall

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That was very cute

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Sadly the current system has no way to know who bought avatars.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This is a criminal injustice. But thank you for trying anyway.

edit: vvv I hope so, I only found out who bought mine through a third party because the guy who bought it is a good poster but it's not out of the question

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 3, 2016

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CJacobs posted:

This is a criminal injustice. But thank you for trying anyway.

they're definitely going to say that they did it at some point

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Sadly the current system has no way to know who bought avatars.

hmm. sounds like something someone who changed someone's av would say to cover their tracks

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYpUYJStD0

Set a new record in Max Payne 3, I am now 10 minutes ahead of my own record, more than 11 minutes ahead of the 2nd place one! :woop:

Every time I see someone's playthrough of Max Payne 3 I immediately skip to the Airport shoot-out. :madmax:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GUI posted:

Every time I see someone's playthrough of Max Payne 3 I immediately skip to the Airport shoot-out. :madmax:

My inspirational talk about not letting a belief in fate and destiny belittle your accomplishments coincided very well this time around!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Golden Goat posted:

Crashcat leveled up and learned Molotov Cocktail

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

hmm. sounds like something someone who changed someone's av would say to cover their tracks

I change people's avatars all the time. Mod perks :getin:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

criminals can't resist bragging about their crimes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One time I bought forums poster Nutmeg a Sonic the Hedgehog avatar just because he said he hated Sonic the Hedgehog and I thought it was funny. I think that's the only one I ever bought. People's avatars have usually been too good to change for a $10 joke.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Crashcat leveled up and learned Molotov Cocktail

CrashCat posted:

i'm about to light some fools on fire, what's to know

I understand now, Crashcat is good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey, set dungeons in Diablo III suuuuck, I have never been this frustrated with a game before!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Blackfyre posted:

I'm expecting basically ICO 2, no more, no less.

So not as good as SotC but still probably interesting. Yeah, I would probably cancel the CE if I was you and just get the regular release or even wait for a sale.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GUI posted:

What's the timestamp for that so I don't have to scan through two hours?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lobok posted:

What's the timestamp for that so I don't have to scan through two hours?

1:50:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYpUYJStD0&t=6640s

Technical nerdery: I actually screwed it up by going just a bit too fast, the game ended up spawning some guys behind me because I was too far ahead. When the gate opens halfway through, a bunch more guys spawn around you. It has to plop them down somewhere that's not in your field of view, but you can see the whole lounge from there. The game assumes you're not all the way at the far end yet, but if you are, it's like "uhhh over here I guess??" That coupled with me accidentally leaving a guy alive (you can see him shooting at me when I go up the escalator) slowed me down quite a bit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm going to restart my XCOM 2 Goon Squad game. I took the time to redo some of the soldiers, too. Note that there's plenty of room on my squad, if there are any more volunteers. (We need more women characters)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'd be happy to be used as a soldier, although I am a duder.

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
Finally I can get in on one of these and I'm a lady!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I will be an xcom person. I am a guy.

• Locked thread