Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I really miss the flavor of Titanfall 1's Militia vs IMC. I liked being the space guys especially when we destroyed the enemies' drop poo poo, and vice versa. I would have enjoyed seeing the flavor of how the different pilot classes look for both factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I can't really make the Alternator work for me, but I do really enjoy the CAR.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

do you get anything for MP by completing the campaign? trying to figure out which to drop into first

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Voliun posted:

More codes for more XP.
BAY7ZHC7AZ

Took this one, thanks. :)

EDIT: Aww sweet! It gave me the pilot execution too!

AAB posted:

do you get anything for MP by completing the campaign? trying to figure out which to drop into first

Nope, nothing, sadly. What you DO get is a great single-player experience!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

AAB posted:

do the campaign first its fun

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Voliun posted:

More codes for more XP.

BAY7ZHC7AZ
N7C6KYA7FC
LK6TPXKZ7M
NXFC7YMTAX

Took second. Thanks a bunch

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah it kinda blows that the helmets are just collectibles and don't unlock anything at all. At least throw me a skin or a banner or something drat.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Took second. Thanks a bunch

I mean nope, too late

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
If anyone is still actively playing on the PC and would like another goonbro to play with hit me up! (Origin: etripsology)

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Elliotw2 posted:

I can't really make the Alternator work for me, but I do really enjoy the CAR.

Yeah, the Alternator's recoil is a little too unpredictable. I've mainly had luck with it close range preferably hip firing and moving.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Av027 posted:

I love this loving game.

https://gfycat.com/FarPassionateArmyworm

Exhibit no restraint is loving right.

How did your rodeo at the end there kill the titan and pilot? It had like three pips :confused:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Ciaphas posted:

How did your rodeo at the end there kill the titan and pilot? It had like three pips :confused:

He called in his titan on it.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Hulk Krogan posted:

It's kind of funny. You get phase shift, a grenade launcher, and that laser beam anti-titan gun, so you both end up bunny hopping around trying to land a shot like it's Quake or some poo poo.

It's pretty goofy, and grenade Cooking is super useful:
http://i.imgur.com/joeR9Aq.gifv

It's best 3 out of 5. I've only run it twice now and lost 2 to 3 both times because consistency is not my strong point.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
To those trying the run n gun smg build give the volt a chance, its easily the best one out there. even better than the car. Laser accurate from the hip, almost no recoil, quick fire rate and decent damage. If you can aim its the best one of the bunch.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I've played 3 coliseum games and lost one because I was alt tabbed out while it was searching and the game doesn't flash the taskbar or whatever if you get matched into a game.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone found a use for the fire grenade thing (besides lettin folks know there's a pilot around)? I haven't messed with the grav grenade much, but seems like the arc does kind of the same thing but more. Like TF1 I've settled on pretty much using the arc the whole time.

Found the true use for the shield boost!

360 degree shield and pretend you're a tank with a machine gun and archer, be invincible with this unbeatable strat! Naw it's pretty garbage but funny as poo poo to just plop down in the middle of some crap, shield both sides, and sometimes kill everyone around before they can get you. Think someone from here was in a game I was doing that (badly) in.
I am for real getting some use out of the shield ability (not boost) though; along with a machine gun you can use it to charge in especially the beginning of BH where it's a team on each side with mobs in the middle and 1) Set up in the open 2) Slaughter mobs 3) Pick off pilots with your big sightline from not having to hug cover 4) Distract so your teammates can flank. With how some of the movement and positioning play out you can use the shield to be in the opposite spots you normally are, aka out in the open, and have lots of vision to pick folks off if you have a medium/long range gun.

It's really annoying that the low % cost boosts that suck are only one use per titan bar.

Finished up the campaign and gotten a good bit of MP matches in, game is fun yo. Seems things are more balanced this time around; while there's some junk overall I think a lot more weapons/abilities/etc. are usable.

Game does look beyond the "players in your region" number for matching. I know cause I stared at searching for CTF for a bit with 4/10 players and 0 in region. One day TF5 will release and it won't be smushed between a Battlefield and CoD. Think it's better than last time, but I wish they'd just knock it down to BH, Attrition, Hardpoint, and CTF, and do a playlist that let you hit the whole pool. This is the best game for CTF I've seen for a long time so fuckin :rip: on no one playing that, boooo. Thought it sounded the dumbest but I'm really diggin bounty hunt for how the pacing works out, my fave mode. (On PC)

Game is way fun yo

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah, I keep my web browser not quite fullscreen so I see the game transition if I'm queuing into coliseum

Also use the charge laser, it's done in that mode. It's the instant shot type so you need two hits to kill, but people get real mad

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I finally decided to play through the campaign because of how fun everyone said it was. Yeah it was pretty drat fun. Short as hell, but fun. Not as brotracular (THANK GOD) as people were making it seem. After I finished the initial "pilot meets titan" tutorial levels, I was totally lost on the story. Maybe because I was playing in little spurts while watching the CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!! but I thought the time travel mechanic was both completely out of left field and pretty drat awesome.

They could easily squeeze another $15-25 per expansion out of me if they keep developing single player content while handing out free pvp stuff like they promised.

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Etrips posted:

He called in his titan on it.

This. I called another Ronin at about the apex of the ejection, when I realized that nuke bagged me another call-in. Worked out pretty much perfectly. Slightly longer clip of that respawn with sound (on my brother's channel):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkFVema5Jus

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
So what are the chances they bring back frontier defense at some point? I really enjoyed having that mode in the first one.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Kingtheninja posted:

So what are the chances they bring back frontier defense at some point? I really enjoyed having that mode in the first one.

It got indirectly confirmed when one of the devs mentioned it wouldn't be on launch when asked about it, lemme find it...

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/789666713486790656

user posted:

will frontier defense be in titanfall 2?

Vince Zampella posted:

it won't launch with it

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Lemon-Lime posted:

Extra Ammo counts:

Alternator: 20/25
Mastiff: 4/6
P2016: 12/16
RE-45: 20/25
Kraber: 4/7
Double Take: 12/16
MGL reserve is 24/32

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://my.mixtape.moe/ggjqnz.webm

They should probably nerf Tone

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Sab669 posted:

I initially thought it was stupid your Faction didn't change your appearance, but I assume this was done so you know what perk your opponent is running.

Fat guy? Cloak. Robot? Stim.

From a game design perspective it actually makes a lot of sense.
This is exactly what Respawn said why they did this when asked, and it makes sense on paper but I personally disagree with it making sense in context of playing Titanfall 2. The game moves so fast and the pilot ability only one of many tools in a pilot's toolkit that "countering" pilot abilities is inherently reactionary anyway. Honestly, if anything, it'd make more sense to base the model on which weapon type the enemy is using, since approaching someone with a sniper is much different than approaching someone with a shotgun, and while I've been in plenty of fights where someone hasn't used their ability on me, I can't remember the last time I got into a fight and the other person didn't shoot their gun at me.

Really though, I wish I could choose to be a robot at all times, :rip: Spectre camo

Lemon-Lime posted:

Spitfire: 80/?
80/96

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I actually find it pretty easy to recognize a player. If I see a cloak dude while I'm in my titan and then I notice he is missing I try and act squirelly/punch in the air and sometimes I get a kill.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

teh_Broseph posted:

Anyone found a use for the fire grenade thing (besides lettin folks know there's a pilot around)? I haven't messed with the grav grenade much, but seems like the arc does kind of the same thing but more. Like TF1 I've settled on pretty much using the arc the whole time.

Throw the Firestar on a Titans face, you'll do decent damage over time while obscuring their vision. Can also be used for area denial (though the electric smoke grenade would do it better.)

Arc grenade may slow and distract an enemy pilot, but Gravity Star also pulls them and any nearby grunts into a "fish in a barrel" situation. Also if you wanna be REALLY fancy with it you can bend your shots over the tops of roofs and stuff.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Knifegrab posted:

I actually find it pretty easy to recognize a player. If I see a cloak dude while I'm in my titan and then I notice he is missing I try and act squirelly/punch in the air and sometimes I get a kill.
Yeah sorry I was mainly speaking from a pilot vs pilot perspective, but yeah titan vs cloak pilot is the only time I can think of that knowing what ability their running right away is useful. Everything else is like "oh, well that happened" then you shoot them in a face anyway.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Dev 1: "Hey, am I reading this right? Only one voice line per faction, and it plays every time you start a multiplayer match?"
Dev 2: "Writing is hard."
Dev 1: "But there's multiple lines for, like, killing sprees, and you aren't guaranteed to get those every single game..."
Dev 2: "The frontier is worth every effort!"
Dev 1: "That doesn't even make any loving sense."

WEAPONS
R-201: Good. Boring. Fine.
Hemlok: Pretty decent. Makes you feel like a real badass when you snap a bunch of guys with controlled bursts.
G2: hahahahahahahaha no
Flatline: (haven't unlocked yet)

CAR: Fine, but why would you pick it when you could just take the
ALTERNATOR: The God of killing
Volt: "Man i wish i had a long-range SMG. Maybe we could call it something different to make it clear that it's long range, like... I dunno, an assault... rifle? Good thing there aren't any of those already in the game that are way better at doing this gun's job!"
R-97: For when you want to have a gun that's only good at shotgun range, but are scared by the loud noises shotguns make

L-STAR: Ideal weapon for when you want to tell someone they're dead via telegram
Spitfire: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Devotion: Fun as gently caress, sounds like thunder

Double Take: Snappy, ridiculously good at headshots.
Kraber: Feels clunky, like you're swimming in soup
Longbow-DMR: (Haven't unlocked)

EVA-8: MURDER EVERYTHING
Mastiff: Like a slower, shitter EVA-8 that sometimes kills at ridiculous range and sometimes won't kill when it's literally touching someone's stupid face

Grenadiers: Don't bother. The EPG, I guess, is the best. But don't.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BinaryDoubts posted:

If you rep the Devo surely you can understand the appeal of jamming 16 micro-missiles up an enemy pilot's rear end.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

BinaryDoubts posted:

Dev 1: "Hey, am I reading this right? Only one voice line per faction, and it plays every time you start a multiplayer match?"
Dev 1: "But there's multiple lines for, like, killing sprees, and you aren't guaranteed to get those every single game..."
Dev 2: "The frontier is worth every effort!"
Dev 1: "That doesn't even make any loving sense."

WEAPONS
R-201: Good. Boring. Fine.
Hemlok: Pretty decent. Makes you feel like a real badass when you snap a bunch of guys with controlled bursts.
G2: hahahahahahahaha no
Flatline: (haven't unlocked yet)

CAR: Fine, but why would you pick it when you could just take the
ALTERNATOR: The God of killing
Volt: "Man i wish i had a long-range SMG. Maybe we could call it something different to make it clear that it's long range, like... I dunno, an assault... rifle? Good thing there aren't any of those already in the game that are way better at doing this gun's job!"
R-97: For when you want to have a gun that's only good at shotgun range, but are scared by the loud noises shotguns make

L-STAR: Ideal weapon for when you want to tell someone they're dead via telegram
Spitfire: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Devotion: Fun as gently caress, sounds like thunder

Double Take: Snappy, ridiculously good at headshots.
Kraber: Feels clunky, like you're swimming in soup
Longbow-DMR: (Haven't unlocked)

EVA-8: MURDER EVERYTHING
Mastiff: Like a slower, shitter EVA-8 that sometimes kills at ridiculous range and sometimes won't kill when it's literally touching someone's stupid face

Never have I read a post so wrong.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the fight, it's what you're born for

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I agree about the Volt, anyway. It seems worse than the CAR and alternator for up close hipfire stuff because of the ROF and the assault rifles are all feel better to me at longer ranges. Feels like one of those guns that's intended to be a jack of all trades but just ends up being kinda sub-par at everything.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
my opinions are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT and I will brook no argument

but seriously, what guns do you like?

edit: also I love the sidewinder in theory but in practice the game moves too fast to wait for your fuckin' 2-damage missiles to waddle their way towards the enemy pilot. At least a direct hit with the grenade launcher is a one-shot kill, even though it has travel time.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

BinaryDoubts posted:

"FIRST WE FIGHT, THEN WE DRINK" *takes a swig*

I mean, it's not all bad.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

you guys I think Barker might have a drinking problem. I'm not, like, 100% sure, but they might be implying it here and there. Pretty subtle if you ask me.

(Blisk > Barker > Ash > Everyone else)

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Writing is hard.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
when you were born, it was to fight

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Knifegrab posted:

Never have I read a post so wrong.

I mean he's right about the EVA-8

I've literally used no other gun after the first couple matches

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I don't know why they force you to start with the marauder corps since it's not like each network does anything different. Let me pick the announcer for my first 300 matches instead of giving me the worst one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I wish sniping was actually worthwhile in this game, but the DMR is hilarious when you amp it, since it turns into a one-shot kill no matter where you hit.