Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A schad tradition: Jimmy Kimmel makes parents pretend they ate their kids' candy for the 6th year running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOwEwJD_p2w

You'd think those kids would have caught on by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Data Graham posted:

You'd think those kids would have caught on by now
One did.

I love it when the kids just collapse onto the floor. It's probably scarring their poor young brains and I feel bad for that, but Halloween just isn't complete without a small child lying on the floor motionless in total despair.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

trickybiscuits posted:

One did.

I love it when the kids just collapse onto the floor. It's probably scarring their poor young brains and I feel bad for that, but Halloween just isn't complete without a small child lying on the floor motionless in total despair.

I've found that a lot of people get really offended by these and the fake present pranks.

Me, I think it's a little mean spirited but a good way to teach kids not to get too entitled and feel grateful that people are generous enough to hand out candy for free. Some kids take it pretty well, surprisingly.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Those lovely pathetic treadmill 'stunts' at the school gym surrounded by all the school kids reminds me so hard of Hot Rod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAztYUCEhzk

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Si-9gNnF7k

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Panfilo posted:

I've found that a lot of people get really offended by these and the fake present pranks.

Me, I think it's a little mean spirited but a good way to teach kids not to get too entitled and feel grateful that people are generous enough to hand out candy for free. Some kids take it pretty well, surprisingly.

There are a handful of kids who get outright violent.
Need to weed that poo poo out early or they'll just end up in prison one day.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

FuhrerHat posted:

There are a handful of kids who get outright violent.
Need to weed that poo poo out early or they'll just end up in prison one day.

Good point, if you tell your kid you ate their candy and they instantly begin to wail on you with their fists, maybe its time to look into a therapist.

Basebf555 has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Nov 3, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Panfilo posted:

It's a mix. I think it's a little much when the kid is very good about it, and then they keep trying to set them off by saying how good the candy was.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Human brain can be very bad at handling disappointments.

Few years ago there was a story about some crazy woman who went to a supermarket and promised to pay everyone's purchases. When it turned out that she didn't have money, some people were so pissed that they just stole all that "free" stuff.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 20:20 on Nov 3, 2016

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

It's mostly just a great way to betray your child's trust for your own narcissism.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Crazy broom fighting man, gets beaten down by other crazy broom fighting man.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e39_1478120924 :nws: due to liveleak.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Fumaofthelake posted:

It's mostly just a great way to betray your child's trust for your own narcissism.
Seriously, this kinda true. Now of course, these kids are entitled little shits, but making your kid cry just for kicks is kinda hosed.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

betterinsodapop posted:

Seriously, this kinda true. Now of course, these kids are entitled little shits, but making your kid cry just for kicks is kinda hosed.

Not to mention Mocking them on TV about it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Yeah, those kids want to eat candy from halloween? Those little fuckers oughta be working the coal mines, then they'd know the true value of a kit kat.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Buncha oversensitive dipwads in here. Kids don't remember this poo poo, but they'll remember the lesson, and it's good for them to appreciate what they have.

Unless you're still pissed off at your uncle for stealing your nose that time.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Somfin posted:

Buncha oversensitive dipwads in here. Kids don't remember this poo poo, but they'll remember the lesson, and it's good for them to appreciate what they have.

I think they're more pissed about the idea of someone denying them junk food for even a moment

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Here's a hot take: The kids aren't going to be affected positively or negatively by this

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Somfin posted:

They sure will, they may never forget that people they love and trust will not hesitate to lie to you and try to upset you for their own selfish reasons. A good lesson.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Somfin posted:

I feel bad for your kids.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did i walk into a Movie Theater Employees Convention or something

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

just a reminder that this video is as fake as the hawk picking up the baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhPRtCW5sRk&t=258s

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Somfin posted:

It's literally bad for kids for a parent specifically to do something like that to them, it's not some toughen-up matter of opinion. If you can't think of a better way to teach a lesson you're loving dim.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
My parents used to do that thing where they'd pretend they didn't get me the birthday present I'd been asking for, and then pull it out of some hiding place at the very last moment. Is that bad?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Basebf555 posted:

My parents used to do that thing where they'd pretend they didn't get me the birthday present I'd been asking for, and then pull it out of some hiding place at the very last moment. Is that bad?

Congratulations, you are dead

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Looking back on it, the lesson learned was not really "my parents are assholes", it was more "even if it looks like my parents aren't going to come through for me, have faith in them, because they probably will."

That idea that they maybe got some satisfaction out of watching me squirm never occurred to me as a kid and it certainly doesn't bother me now.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

prahanormal posted:

I feel bad for your kids.

"My parents were too terrified of causing 'harm' or of me growing up 'wrong' to teach me the difference between safe pranks and actual cruelty, your honour."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I've shot up over 18 postal outlets over my life because Halloween candy has remained super important to me all my life, and being denied it 35 years ago sent me into a spiral I've never come out of.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'm going to guess that the kids who immediately respond with insults and violence have observed their parents do the same at the smallest of triggers.
Parents who have their kids respond like little dirtbags? They probably deserve each other.

Pranking your kids is funny and cool. How far is too far depends on the kid, their age, whatever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

okay my first post was too veiled, you are all projecting insanely hard right now and should all stop

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
*trigger finger getting itchy*

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Fumaofthelake posted:

It's literally bad for kids for a parent specifically to do something like that to them, it's not some toughen-up matter of opinion. If you can't think of a better way to teach a lesson you're loving dim.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

That derail was way better than this one.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Kids aren't that loving sensitive, Jesus. When therapists talk about kids learning to mistrust their parents it's a pattern of abuse, not a loving one off joke the day after Halloween.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Now I don't know what to think about that ad where the mom writes like "GOTCHA LAST <3" on the yogurt tube she puts in her kid's lunch

Punching down :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Is it ok to punch autist parents who prank their kids?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

what is that man doing to his anus?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

Is there any thread you won't meltdown in

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Good point, if you tell your kid you ate their candy and they instantly begin to wail on you with their fists, maybe its time to look into a therapist.

ah yes, my weak rear end idiot toddler with an undeveloped sense of morality punched my leg when I was mean to them, surely they are a psychopath and I must seek treatment for them immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

Is there any thread you won't meltdown in

Nice meltdown meltdown