Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rolo posted:

I bought a tv a year ago when I got a PlayStation.

Just found out 5 minutes ago it's been in 'Fullscreen' since I got it.

drat dude, that's the saddest thing I've seen in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

mds2 posted:

Least surprising thing I have seen today.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/11/02/suspect-allegedly-puts-razor-blades-trump-pence-sign-outside-plano-polling-location

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

That's why you're supposed to carefully check all your kids' political signs they bring home before you let them eat them

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

That's not how you Fosbury Flop at all.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/TUpUTsA.gifv

We get it, you vape.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Jew it to it! posted:

Fun Fosbury story that is vaguely related to the thread: my mom went to the same elementary school that he had attended, right as he premiered that move and went to the Olympics. The school was very proud of that connection and asked him to come give a small talk to all the kids, including my mother, who was eight or nine at the time. Apparently all the kids were insanely excited to see him, and basically the instant he showed up they all started screaming and rushed him. I guess instinct took over, on both sides. Cue this poor 20-year-old kid sprinting away from a group of screeching fourth graders, never to return.

The whole family still teases my mom for being a part of that.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Samfucius posted:

Fun Fosbury story that is vaguely related to the thread: my mom went to the same elementary school that he had attended, right as he premiered that move and went to the Olympics. The school was very proud of that connection and asked him to come give a small talk to all the kids, including my mother, who was eight or nine at the time. Apparently all the kids were insanely excited to see him, and basically the instant he showed up they all started screaming and rushed him. I guess instinct took over, on both sides. Cue this poor 20-year-old kid sprinting away from a group of screeching fourth graders, never to return.

The whole family still teases my mom for being a part of that.

I hope he was as good at the 50 yard dash as he was in the high jump! Little kids can be drat quick when they want to be.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jew it to it! posted:

I think she's trying to scissor kick over it. Maybe.

It's the look of someone trying something for the first time, but they've seen other people doing it and figure it can't be that hard.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Galaxy note 7?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vape battery

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I saw a guy grabbing his bullet wound, but he forgot he had poo poo on his hand and he was getting it into the wound by accident

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

flosofl posted:

Vape battery

I was filling up my car about six months ago when a guy tried to vape at the pump near me and got seriously yelled at over the (incredibly loud) speaker system from the bloke working there. I believe it started with "What the hell do you think you're doing you bloody drongo!" and only got better from there.

The petrol station was attached to a mall parking lot, so there were literally hundreds of people around looking at the guy and how stupid he was.

When I went inside to pay, the vaping idiot was trying to argue with him that he should be allowed to vape while filling because the vape isn't "electronic" and can't cause sparks or anything.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was filling up my car about six months ago when a guy tried to vape at the pump near me and got seriously yelled at over the (incredibly loud) speaker system from the bloke working there. I believe it started with "What the hell do you think you're doing you bloody drongo!" and only got better from there.

The petrol station was attached to a mall parking lot, so there were literally hundreds of people around looking at the guy and how stupid he was.

When I went inside to pay, the vaping idiot was trying to argue with him that he should be allowed to vape while filling because the vape isn't "electronic" and can't cause sparks or anything.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drongo is a made up word.

you're making that up.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
They're illusions, Michael.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

drongo is a made up word.

you're making that up.

Australian English best English
Ya flamin' galah

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
https://twitter.com/Valli_Swag7/status/794040386763313152?s=09

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Moreau posted:

Australian English best English
Ya flamin' galah

My only exposure to Australian English is from watching "Neighbours" in the late 90s, do people actually say "rack off!" (I'm assuming not) :confused:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Gorilla Salad posted:

i mean, his reasoning is wrong and dumb, but it's no more dangerous than a mobile phone (the battery voltages are literally the same)

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

gibb3h posted:

My only exposure to Australian English is from watching "Neighbours" in the late 90s, do people actually say "rack off!" (I'm assuming not) :confused:

Yeah but nah, I hear that pretty regularly. Moreso than drongo, but location could change that. Older folk (i.e.60+) and rural folk have some frankly wonderful lingo.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Noctone posted:

i mean, his reasoning is wrong and dumb, but it's no more dangerous than a mobile phone (the battery voltages are literally the same)

And the exploding had nothing to do with vaping. The guy kept a loose unprotected industrial strength battery in his pocket with stuff that could short it.

Not that cheap chinese hardware doesn't explode, but this is more osha than anything.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Australians are a weird people. The Australian sun has warped the speech part of their brains and now its all naru instead of no, "We gatta go down ta Woolies", and "I live in Perth"

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Hihohe posted:

"I live in Perth"

What is this loving gibberish?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

mcbexx posted:

"Oh man, if I pull this off, I will feast like a king!"

Idiot doesn't realize "A Modest Proposal" is satire.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Hihohe posted:

Australians are a weird people. The Australian sun has warped the speech part of their brains and now its all naru instead of no, "We gatta go down ta Woolies", and "I live in Perth"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YRZgo3W28

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Did anyone post this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDv_u-Ooec

I don't understand why these drunks feel the urge to do acrobatics when they're smashed. I must've been to some boring-rear end parties.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

I've posted this once before but I think its great enough to deserve a re-post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8JRD4eaFHU

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Foxhound posted:

I don't understand why these drunks feel the urge to do acrobatics when they're smashed.

hey guys, just chiming in with my contribution to this, the schadenfreude thread

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
I wish there was a bit more of the lead up, but fantastic little KO. Looks straight out of a cartoon.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cross-posting from the glorious Game 7 thread:

Bigass Moth posted:

My friend is a tattoo artist...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMVSjSnBq1e/

Also losing that game in that way was only the stuff of nightmares until last night. The curse of chief wahoo lives on.

Also, the Cleveland Indians blew a 3-1 series lead.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

sandoz posted:

hey guys, just chiming in with my contribution to this, the schadenfreude thread

:ironicat:

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Hihohe posted:

You're not wrong.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

This kills me because it sounds like Danny from Grease trying to do an "Australian Accent".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9SXH3DfT8

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm pretty sure the boyfriend was Lebanese, they have a very distinct accent.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

NeurosisHead posted:

We had two police shootings in Des Moines last night. Generally upper middle class suburb, mostly caucasian. Someone ambushed two offices sitting in their squad cars, and shot them. The local news posts about it all immediately turned into gently caress BLACK LIVES MATTER BLUE LIVES MATTER THOSE BLACKS ARE BARBARIANS.

He's a confederate flag waving white guy.

This won't be widely known because The Drudge Report won't mention it, and all U.S. "news" media uses The Drudge Report as the primary source of information for the day's consumption.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NFyFgdi_Iw

Uh, :nws: for language I guess, but it's :australia: so that should already be apparent

And one more for some sweet schadenfreude:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6SMGrIaals

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A schad tradition: Jimmy Kimmel makes parents pretend they ate their kids' candy for the 6th year running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOwEwJD_p2w

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZa2sli4ccE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

We should be thankful none of these guys will be able to have children.