Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

mcmagic posted:

Is it not true that she locked up the primary in 2014 and that no other viable candidates ran against her? That isn't a fact?

That's weird, I remember Democrats voting for her and some other people earlier this year for... some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
It's gonna be loving 2024 and we're gonna be riding around on hover boards talking about how the corpse of Bernie Sanders would be doing better than Cory Booker against David Duke because Booker is "corrupt" and gosh darn it those white people just have all this anxiety about the economy and poo poo, we should've maintained there was no war but the class war.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Does RealClear have a pollster rating on 538?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Too Shy Guy posted:

That's weird, I remember Democrats voting for her and some other people earlier this year for... some reason.

The last season of American Idol got really weird.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Seriously, mcmagic, actually answer me: What are you going to do when the next Dem nominee also isn't a white man?

Tangent to this, who are you more excited for in 2024, Harris or Duckworth?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This is actually funny and more creative than this sexist bullshit.

Permaban yourself

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'm calling you a sexist because you constantly, like literally every single day, every time you can wedge it into conversation, do the classically sexist thing of demeaning a woman's accomplishments and comparing her unfavorably to a less-qualified man. That is textbook sexism and it's revolting.

The standard we're talking about is electability. And by that standard she's NOT more qualified or accomplished and is dropping hourly.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CascadeBeta posted:

they don't poll, they just aggregate polls

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

538 isn't a pollster so without looking, I'm going to guess no

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lightning Knight posted:

It's gonna be loving 2024 and we're gonna be riding around on hover boards talking about how the corpse of Bernie Sanders would be doing better than Cory Booker against David Duke because Booker is "corrupt" and gosh darn it those white people just have all this anxiety about the economy and poo poo, we should've maintained there was no war but the class war.

Oh please god not Cory Booker.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
There were actually 3 polls of Utah today.

The +6 Trump was mentioned earlier. Rasmussen and Emerson both did one as well.

Trump +11 and Trump +12. The McMuffin difference in them is 8 points. So a lot of soft supporters of Trump / Hillary / McMuffin.

Senator and Governor are going to be R landslides (SHOCK)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
White men killed their own unions because they didn't want to let black people in and now they have no choice but to "become" racist. Because of the economy you see.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Oh boy we got a live one. What did you think of the new Ghostbusters movie?

Today's shithead didn't show up till 3pm.

They're slipping.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CascadeBeta posted:

They just aggregate polls. They post every major poll from a News Outlet, Professional Polling Firm, and University in one spot.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The standard we're talking about is electability. And by that she's NOT more qualified or accomplished and is dropping hourly.

Bernie had the chance to prove himself to be more electable in the primary. He failed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The standard we're talking about is electability. And by that standard she's NOT more qualified or accomplished and is dropping hourly.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mcmagic posted:

Lying makes you look like a loving idiot, and you are only telling these lies because you are sexist. What's your line going to be next week you hysterical douchebag?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Is it not true that she locked up the primary in 2014 and that no other viable candidates ran against her? That isn't a fact?

Biden may have had a chance an repeatedly turned down any chance to run. Warren while a new Senaor also had her chance and turned down.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

A Winner is Jew posted:

Tangent to this, who are you more excited for in 2024, Harris or Duckworth?
Lol it will be Gavin Newsom :suicide:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

emdash posted:

they don't poll, they just aggregate polls

:doh:

Thanks, I'm stupid.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

White men killed their own unions because they didn't want to let black people in and now they have no choice but to "become" racist. Because of the economy you see.

Is this really the story behind the dismantling of unions?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

If you need words like those, stick to romance literature.

Strange is still one of the best words.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bless you and your gimmick.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

GalacticAcid posted:

Oh please god not Cory Booker.

Serious question: what can the right throw at Booker and stick that they can't stick to Clinton?

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

mcmagic posted:

You have no argument other than to beat the sexism drum. It's frankly embarrassing.

mcmagic posted:

Of course it's true. You don't like what I'm saying so your refuge is to call me a sexist.

Or, and bear with me here on this, it's because you're a loving sexist.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

mcmagic posted:

She is not dropping hourly, and your incessant delusions are offensive and annoying.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

lmao

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

mcmagic posted:

... and yet, she'll be elected president by an indisputable majority. Have you considered that you may, in fact, be wrong?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

The standard we're talking about is electability. And by that she's NOT more qualified or accomplished and is dropping hourly.

Okay duder.

Let's take you at face value (you're wrong, but whatever.) What do you want us to do about it? Build a time machine so we can go back and tell Hillary not to run? Like you're just squawking endless here like some dude on Rivals.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bless you and your gimmick.

It's not really a gimmick, mcmagic is just dumb as gently caress and I like posting these Simpson jpgs at them

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lightning Knight posted:

My concern about whether or not we're actually going to win is increasing.

But frankly gently caress this country if enough of us are too dumb to realize that Trump is objectively worse.

http://www.oldnorthstatepolitics.com/2016/11/nc-absentee-ballots-continue-pace-ahead.html

quote:

What is notable is that with three days to go for in-person absentee balloting, registered Democrats have just about caught up to their cumulative 2012 numbers, down only 0.8 percent. Registered Republicans are well ahead of their 2012 numbers, up 11.1 percent, but the truly remarkable line on the above chart is from registered unaffiliated voters: up 42 percent from the same day totals in 2012. That's your wildcard for the 2016 election so far.

Among the racial composition of all absentee ballots, white registered voters continue to be 72 percent of the ballots, with black voters at 22 percent. However, black voters have been a higher daily percentage of the ballots, trending between 27 and 28 percent of the ballots. All other races are now at 7 percent of the total.

White voters are 18 percent ahead of their same-day cumulative totals from 2012, while black voters continue to make up their deficit so far in comparison to four years ago, down now 11 percent (it was 17 percent down last Friday). All other races combined are up 48 percent from the 2012 same day totals.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I hate to be that guy, but what the gently caress happened in the last 24 hours? It sounds like the FBI has gone crazy and Clinton is dropping severely in polls?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Browbeating mcmagic on sexism isn't productive, and actually it isn't necessarily correct. Could be, but not necessarily.

Stop.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/794257817960071173

apparently Melania gave a speech on civility in the US just now? and people's heads didn't literally explode or melt from the cognitive friction?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Feral Integral posted:

Is this really the story behind the dismantling of unions?

One of them, they obviously got a lot of help from pro-business conservatives who wanted the unions dead for financial reasons. Basically the money guys came in and did a one-two punch of "do you really want THOSE PEOPLE getting the same rights as you?" and enormously highlighting the cases of actual union corruption in the mobbed-up parts of the country. It's actually really easy to kill off any progressive thing that way in America. Racist fearmongering to get the right wing on your side, perfect-is-the-enemy-of-good to get the left wing on your side.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Lying makes you look like a loving idiot, and you are only telling these lies because you are sexist. What's your line going to be next week you hysterical douchebag?

"Didn't win bigly enough, failed us majorly. Going to lose bigly in 2018 and even more bigly in 2020. Bernie should primary her!"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Crowsbeak posted:

Biden may have had a chance an repeatedly turned down any chance to run. Warren while a new Senaor also had her chance and turned down.

And if the current Republican nominee proves anything, it's obviously that having a lot of people competing to be the nominee can't possibly backfire in any way!

Also, mcmagic, I'm pretty sure you're a sexist. There's a slight chance that you're simply insane and not a sexist, but I feel pretty confident that you are in fact a sexist.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Potato Salad posted:

Browbeating mcmagic on sexism isn't productive, and actually it isn't necessarily correct. Could be, but not necessarily.

Stop.

Can I browbeat them for just being dumb and annoying

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Crowsbeak posted:

And they didn't run because Clinton already had the support of the vast majority of the party behind her and they didn't see a path to victory.

You are the loving idiot for spewing nonsense about me being sexist because I have the nerve to criticize one woman who you like. You're doing a disservice to the actual sexism that exists in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Oh boy we got a live one. What did you think of the new Ghostbusters movie?

Saw it, Thought it sucked. Which is a shame because I loved the first Ghostbusters and I'm a fan of Melissa Mccarthy's comedy.

• Locked thread