Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
To one up your garbage person-ness, I purchased Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 and I'm STILL gonna get Infinite Warfare.

Battlefield 1 is great but I don't really have people to play with on a regular basis and that game is very much enriched by having a group of people to consistently play with instead of randos. And like I said Titanfall 2 is fun but I don't want to dump a ton of hours in it to find no one playing it in three months.

drat you Activision you've got me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
All DLC maps and modes for TF2 are going to be free so maybe that will help stabilize some sort of player base past 3 months, and I have the feeling it's going to have some sort of Black Friday deal to get a boost in holiday players/Christmas tree pubs. :shrug:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

trash person posted:

To one up your garbage person-ness, I purchased Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 and I'm STILL gonna get Infinite Warfare.

Battlefield 1 is great but I don't really have people to play with on a regular basis and that game is very much enriched by having a group of people to consistently play with instead of randos. And like I said Titanfall 2 is fun but I don't want to dump a ton of hours in it to find no one playing it in three months.

drat you Activision you've got me.

I bought BF1, TF2, will buy IW and I started playing the Division again due to the 1.4 patch.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I own 3 copies of Titanfall 2.

On the Xbox one.

E: anyone have any additional tips they can add from that noose tying video from the last page? tia

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 3, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
*reposts Extinction guide*

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

I bought BF1, TF2, will buy IW and I started playing the Division again due to the 1.4 patch.

I wasn't very interested in the Division until that patch. Looks like a decent game now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Happy Noodle Boy said he unbookmarked this thread in the new thread.

Let's all talk poo poo about him now! :v:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

CheeseFactory posted:

Ghosts was good.

AW was a garbage fire.

You got those reversed. I was worried that Ghosts 2 would be this year's release, so I was relieved when IW was announced.

Ghosts was bland, unimaginative, boring, and clearly lacked any enthusiasm from Infinity Ward.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Ghosts was bland, unimaginative, boring, and clearly lacked any enthusiasm from Infinity Ward.

And then spent three years hitting the photocopy button on BLOPS 3, making sure to cross off Treyarch's name everywhere.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

And then spent three years hitting the photocopy button on BLOPS 3, making sure to cross off Treyarch's name everywhere.

And it's still a better game than Ghosts. IW4EVA :love:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The Division was worth a co-op play through. Probably could have been something good but it's too far gone now

And yeah TF2 not splitting the player base with map packs is dope

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

And it's still a better game than Ghosts. IW4EVA :love:

Not really. The netcode actually works in Ghosts. And it has Extinction, which was fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mister Macys posted:

Not really. The netcode actually works in Ghosts. And it has Extinction, which was fun.

Yeah the connections in Ghost were good.

AW was "shooting at someone for 2 seconds and then dieing instantly and you didn't fire your weapon in the kill cam, The Game". poo poo was annoying.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah the connections in Ghost were good.

AW was "shooting at someone for 2 seconds and then dieing instantly and you didn't fire your weapon in the kill cam, The Game". poo poo was annoying.

Didn't someone run tests to see how the netcode handled corners (especially with the movement system) and they noticed the lag was absolutely horrendous?

I still think ghost was in itself a good game, it just had really lovely maps. Gameplay itself was fine and extinction was/is fantastic

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I know they definitely did it and had those results for Blops 3.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I tried to refund Titanfall 2 through Origin and it just sat at "refund request received" until I had owned the game too long to be eligible for a refund. :saddowns:

Anyways blops 3 was fun but I probably won't get IW because the PC playerbase for cod is just too anemic

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Wazzit posted:

Hi, I'm a garbage human being that has TF2 on all 3 systems, player count from what I saw was:

Xbox: 40K
PS4: 25K
PC: 5K

Yeah numbers aren't great especially compared to a COD release weekend, but game is 20 times more fun than IW or the last few CODs.

Releasing between the two biggest shooters was not the greatest idea.

It's good to see the Xbox player base stayed with that game, I haven't grabbed it yet because I wanted to see if it was different from the beta, maybe I'll go grab it this weekend at that Target sale.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

I don't know what it was about Ghosts but the netcode hated my face. I'm reasonable at all the CoD games but with Ghosts I died relentlessly.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

AW was just hosed up enough that I was only willing to play Hardcore, where half the guns still took three hits to kill. :wtc:

I didn't hate it all that much, but the skill-based matchmaking killed it for me. I don't need that aggravation. I just want to blow off steam after work and pick on kids over the internet.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's weird that everyone hated AW because I had a solid time to with it and never knew.

Ghosts on the other hand was, yeah, a garbage fire. I'm glad IW didn't go back but I'm still worried.

At least there's Blops3 to fall back on.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Zodack posted:

It's weird that everyone hated AW because I had a solid time to with it and never knew.

Ghosts on the other hand was, yeah, a garbage fire. I'm glad IW didn't go back but I'm still worried.

At least there's Blops3 to fall back on.

I dug it a lot too. Coming back from Destiny I always have to readjust to how paper thin it feels though.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

nvm. We in there.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

^burtle posted:

I dug it a lot too. Coming back from Destiny I always have to readjust to how paper thin it feels though.

I loathe Destiny's PvP but play it out of necessity sometimes and have fun.

Except I always try to use RB to melee when I go back to CoD.

So what is up with this game, anyways? Is it out? Is it not? Drift0r was streaming MWR and I see streams of IW up on Twitch but they're all foreign. Just early copy nonsense, yeah?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I thought AW was alright TBH. Then again I'm also the minority that liked MW3 a lot.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Hated AW but that's because after a 100 hours I got jack poo poo in good gun variants. That and it took them 8 months to balance the ASM1, a smg which had a better 3 hit kill than most assault rifles AND had a 1000 rpm in the first few shots, stack that with a range increase mod and you won all encounters

Got eventually nerfed but by then people had either the Bal Inferno or that HBAR variant that made it the best goddamn gun in the entire game.

Did quite like the SP though, I'll give it that.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Yeah the gun variants thing was really bad. I know some could be unlocked through challenges, but some of the later guns and variants they added were only in supply drops. Not to crazy about variants coming back. I've more or less made my peace with scratchers in games, but it always kinda sucked to get a duplicate or a bad variant of a gun, if you even got a gun at all. I liked the side jukes you could do with the jumping, but the double jumping and ground slams were a bit janky to control.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
At least we get scrap in case we don't get it in supply drops, which accumulate until we can now "craft it" when we have enough of it. This fixes part of the problem both AW and Blops 3 had in which RNG could completely gently caress you over even after a hundred hours into the game.

The side juke was fine by me, it's just the sudden verticality double jumping brought that was incredibly annoying. Before, you could expect people to move in a certain way on a certain area, now with those movement mechanics people can be way up there and ambush you. Some people like it, I personally do not, but I find the the slower movement speed in IW is great.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

BobbyBaudoin posted:

At least we get scrap in case we don't get it in supply drops, which accumulate until we can now "craft it" when we have enough of it. This fixes part of the problem both AW and Blops 3 had in which RNG could completely gently caress you over even after a hundred hours into the game.

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/794162255143256064

Can't craft it all. They'll probably put even better Epics in the supply drops!

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

BobbyBaudoin posted:

E: beaten.

My biggest gripe with boxes in CoD is that you still have to pay for DLC maps. I could live with non-cosmetic items in boxes if I got DLC for free, but this is Activision we're talking about so that's not happening.

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 3, 2016

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
loving
WELP

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Pay to Win. Goodshit.

Think I'll stick to MWR. About to jump on and play it once my wife wakes up

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
After resisting all the way in I just cracked and bought the digital version. I am weak, and full of shame.

Please don't be terrible :-(

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

RossCo posted:

After resisting all the way in I just cracked and bought the digital version. I am weak, and full of shame.

Please don't be terrible :-(

Did you get the Legacy Edition? MWR is what everyone will be playing ITT, I'm personally waiting for it to get a €60 or lower PSN sale. Black Ops 3 went on sale quickly (December already) so I'm holding hope.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I'm not buying this game this year and am devoting my time and energy into more worthwhile pursuits, such as my new found love for Scientology, PM me for pamphlets

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

eleven extra elephants posted:

I'm not buying this game this year and am devoting my time and energy into more worthwhile pursuits, such as my new found love for Scientology, PM me for pamphlets

You don't have private messages, mate.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

eleven extra elephants posted:

Tell me more about spacefaring DC-3s.

Heh; AW was all about John Galt, BLOPS 3 was all about FYGM, and IW is all Gingrich moon bases and corporate army bots.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Pay to Win. Goodshit.

Think I'll stick to MWR. About to jump on and play it once my wife wakes up

Lemme know how you go dude. Got one game in before bed last night.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Decided to cancel my IW preorder at the last minute. Been on the fence for awhile, I really don't like that they are forcing MWR as an extra pack in. I'm breaking off the tradition of buying whatever Activision throws at me after buying every single Call of Duty game at launch since COD4. :rip:

I'll probably pick up IW/MWR at later date, depending on impressions in the thread about MWR. Maybe sooner than later because I'm an idiot with no self control!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

I really don't like that they are forcing MWR as an extra pack in. I'm breaking off the tradition of buying whatever Activision throws at me after buying every single Call of Duty game at launch since COD4. :rip:

:hfive: And so it begins.

"Tune in next week for chapter fifty of Man in The Iron Mask... The Death of a Titan."
- Sideshow Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

MWR is really really good. It's got all the old obnoxious bullshit, the guns feel great though. And I'm playing it on a 18" tv at work cause my internet is d e a d since 2pm.

• Locked thread