Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I bet he's happy with the chance of rain percentage :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

He's probably good for another week after his bath in Lucas Fluids.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In town to get coffee. Im contacting B of A for a replacement card to get me access at the very least to the money mom and dad sent me to eat out. Valentine is nice. Slept in the Heep without issue aside from rear end padding, had to roll over a lot. Sleep ate all my cookies :(

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Sleep ate all my cookies :(

That bastard

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

14 BAR RIFF posted:

In town to get coffee. Im contacting B of A for a replacement card to get me access at the very least to the money mom and dad sent me to eat out. Valentine is nice. Slept in the Heep without issue aside from rear end padding, had to roll over a lot. Sleep ate all my cookies :(

What do your folks think of your road trip? From what you've said about your dad, he probably approves.

Edit: and will go up to your house while you're out and glue all your furniture to the walls or something.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

beep-beep car is go posted:

What do your folks think of your road trip? From what you've said about your dad, he probably approves.

Edit: and will go up to your house while you're out and glue all your furniture to the walls or something.

I'll come with. Drove past the Causmaro on Monday and shed a tear.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

beep-beep car is go posted:

Mom was aprehensive, dad approved. Theyre better about it now I made it to Nebraska. Work on the truck begins.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Edit add:

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 3, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah, see, you don't need to fix the rear brakes. Just, while driving, step down into that hole and apply the heel of your boot to the spinning drum thing.

(You can tell I am an AI pro car guy because I know the correct technical terminology for these vehicle pieces)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That looks a lot more solid than I thought it would. (The truck, not 14)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

14" is going to end up with a stylized V8 tattooed on his chest before this whole adventure is over. :perfect:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Ah, see, you don't need to fix the rear brakes. Just, while driving, step down into that hole and apply the heel of your boot to the spinning drum thing.

(You can tell I am an AI pro car guy because I know the correct technical terminology for these vehicle pieces)

its a parking brake. :eng101:

14", buddy you gotta kick it up a notch. don't tease us like that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Liquid Communism posted:

14" is going to end up with a stylized V8 tattooed on his chest before this whole adventure is over. :perfect:

If going for accuracy it needs scarring into his chest. And I don't doubt he'd go for it.

Also does the PNW not get sunshine ever or something? I live in England and I'm not that white. Or is 14" the actual real life inspiration for the film 'Powder' ??

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Just been catching up on the thread. Meeting 14 in person is probably everything you would imagine it is. I'm planning on throwing crackers and beer across the field at him to keep him sum what lucid but I'm hesitant about traveling nearer I'm..... I'm scared.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If going for accuracy it needs scarring into his chest. And I don't doubt he'd go for it.

Also does the PNW not get sunshine ever or something? I live in England and I'm not that white. Or is 14" the actual real life inspiration for the film 'Powder' ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBUxZdWJ_zE

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

djdanno13 posted:

Just been catching up on the thread. Meeting 14 in person is probably everything you would imagine it is. I'm planning on throwing crackers and beer across the field at him to keep him sum what lucid but I'm hesitant about traveling nearer I'm..... I'm scared.

You own a Volkswagen fastback in a field. I do not believe you are any different from him, deep down.

Perhaps this is what truly scares you.

Look in the mirror now and see the beast that laid within this whole time.

You can let go.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You own a Volkswagen fastback in a field. I do not believe you are any different from him, deep down.

Perhaps this is what truly scares you.

Look in the mirror now and see the beast that laid within this whole time.

You can let go.

Too real. Don't break him until the job is done.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

You should see the rest of his collection. :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 INCH posted:

loving lol just booty bumped a sparrow with jeep windshield at speed but just soft enough impact it didnt even lose flight and took off gaining altitude

14 INCH posted:

working now official verdict no firewall clearancing needed once trans in place

please ask trukk thread about bellhousing to frame mount angle on new looks to not line up w crossmember

I've asked for a picture, will post when I get it. I thought Sims said the engine mounts and crosmember were good, so not sure?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

The engine mount will be good. Trans crossmember not so much and might have to be removed or altered. Also yes 14 does remind me of myself and exploding Sims didn't get to see the other 3 cars I have stashed at a different place lol

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

angryrobots posted:

I've asked for a picture, will post when I get it. I thought Sims said the engine mounts and crosmember were good, so not sure?

Ah, memories. :allears:

My first car was a '71 Squareback.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

14: your care package has shipped

Djdanno: JFC man does it always take a week to get stuff from amazon to your house?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm from The South, and can't fathom being 2.5 hrs from a Wal-Mart anywhere in America.

Well, ain’t this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Yes? I live in the middle of nowhere.

Actually amazon is pretty good and everything usually gets here within a week or less. 2 day is crazy expensive and overnight is literally impossible. Like, it is not an available option from any shipping company.

Edit : and it's only 2 hours from any Walmart.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

angryrobots posted:

I'm from The South, and can't fathom being 2.5 hrs from a Wal-Mart anywhere in America.

Nebraska's the edge of where the West really starts getting loving empty. Driving across western Nebraska at night in the winter is a hell of an experience.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

the PNW is basically a temperate rainforest. 4 months of sunshine during summer, the rest of the year is overcast and rain. similar to scotland?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Based on the ride to the bus/gas station, can confirm that Nebraska is a very empty state

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Quadrapellegiance posted:

the PNW is basically a temperate rainforest. 4 months weeks(maybe) of sunshine during summer, the rest of the year is overcast and rain. similar to scotland?

fixed that for you.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

angryrobots posted:

Echoing that this thread is a crazy ride. I can't wait to see how this turns out. :f5:

Is that a Volvo 262c I spy in the background?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

djdanno13 posted:

Yes? I live in the middle of nowhere.
It's funny to me cause that's something I hear all the time from visitors living here in rural SC, but my location does not remotely compare to that.

Also check yo PM's

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Black88GTA posted:

Is that a Volvo 262c I spy in the background?

No

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Population of Nebraska: 1,882,000. 77,421 mi2

Population of Santa Clara County, CA: 1,862,000. 1,304 mi2

e. haha, the list of ten least populous counties in America includes five Nebraska counties, numbering 460 to 632 people.

Jesus. Entire counties with less than five hundred people. I'd guess like at least 10% of the population must work in county government.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 4, 2016

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

ah. welp. :doh: I was looking at the rear window profile, but looking closer at it in the original pic the bottom part is hiding behind the toolbox in the truck bed so it appears more square.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

Population of Nebraska: 1,882,000. 77,421 mi2

Population of Santa Clara County, CA: 1,862,000. 1,304 mi2

And yet they get two senators and five EVs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jealous Cow posted:

And yet they get two senators and five EVs.

Yup. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._50_states.html

Nebraska: 273,424 people per EV
California: 508,344 people per EV.

Nebraskans' votes for president are worth almost double those of Californians' votes. New York and Florida are slightly worse. But no voter has more power than the Wyoming voter. 142,171 people per EV.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 4, 2016

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Is that a Pontiac Grand Prix? Does it have a tach?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

There are more cows here than people and my county is bigger in land mass than the state of Rhode island. Yet is not in the top 5 largest counties in the USA. Robot sent you a pm back.

Worse, an Oldsmobile w body. And I have no idea, guessing no because Olds and auto.

Double edit, I guess I don't know which car you're talking about. I have a 90s Olds sitting out here but in the pic is a type 3, 71 Newport, and a 78 Olds delta with bucket seats and a console shift. It's actually pretty drat sweet.

djdanno13 fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 4, 2016

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

angryrobots posted:

I don't want Fop, I'm a Dapper Dan man!

14 is the definition of "a tight spot".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

Please tell me one of the cars missing from our photos is either a K Car, GNX, or BiTurbo. I could see 14" devote the last of his blood into one of those (for at least a week).

• Locked thread