Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's so close to this.

and this

also
bad seafood

please make sure the next mod bans all people who call the final arc "the invincible crazy diamond" instead of "crazy diamond is unbreakable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke and Kira gently caress each other up good, that fight is raw as hell.

also saying The Invincible Crazy Diamond isn't wrong, he is quite invincible

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It is incredibly wrong to call the last arc "the invincible crazy diamond". Exceptionally wrong.

I mean, the final arc is called Kureji Diamondo wa Kudakenai and not Muteki no Kureji Diamondo or however you'd phrase that so it is literally wrong as well as morally wrong.

He is however an invincible unbeatable and beautiful stand who is the greatest of all stands in JoJo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

crazy diamond is unbreakable is such a good loving title god drat it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only way it could be cooler is if Josuke actually said it before DORARARARARARARARARA'ing Killer Queen.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The only way it could be cooler is if Josuke actually said it before DORARARARARARARARARA'ing Killer Queen.

Isn't there that one translation that makes sure to namedrop each part as a zinger during the final arc?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

It's so close to this.

and this

also
bad seafood

please make sure the next mod bans all people who call the final arc "the invincible crazy diamond" instead of "crazy diamond is unbreakable"

you posting this has made me re-read it again... thank you

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

next episode has to be enigma boy and maybe a bit of cheap trick right? koichi has to be free to help rohan with cheap trick

also i wonder how they are gonna handle hayato's death? it was always a bit unclear what happened after the arrow stab scene, hopefully they'll make it clearer how kira jumped back an hour (i think that's what he can do with bites the dust)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The preview released earlier shows some Cheap Trick and Yuya sniffing out Terunosuke, so they're going to finish up Superfly and probably have the start of Enigma and Cheap Trick play out concurrently.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

no they will not posted:

you posting this has made me re-read it again... thank you
Hell yeah I reccomend everyone re-read the finale of Part 4 starting at My Dad Is Not My Dad

I've said it a million times but I did it while stoned once and was loving gripped. Kira killing Hayato, Josuke and Kira finally fighting, Kira priming Okuyasu as a bomb. It's so so good.

Not sure if Part 7 tops it honestly, all I've re read of it is Break My Heart, Break Your Heart

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Moltrey posted:

Not sure if Part 7 tops it honestly, all I've re read of it is Break My Heart, Break Your Heart

I marathoned all of part 7 a couple weeks back and I can say that part 7's final arcs easily top part 4's. Part's 4's final bits are drat amazing, but the last few parts of Steel Ball Run are the most gripping, emotional things in the entire series.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dexie posted:

I marathoned all of part 7 a couple weeks back and I can say that part 7's final arcs easily top part 4's. Part's 4's final bits are drat amazing, but the last few parts of Steel Ball Run are the most gripping, emotional things in the entire series.
The struggle with Johnny of whether to trust Valentine, Lesson 5: Pay Your Respects and Alternate Diego certainly top Part 4, but I really don't remember enough of Diego and Hot Pants on the train and Love Train enough to judge it all as a fight.

Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable feels so loving tight and intense especially coming off Bites The Dust which is also A++

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

D4C is a really good fight but it does suffer from fight fatigue a bit. It's super, super long. Diego's World is not in the same league as CDIU. It's still good and cool, but you could remove it and SBR wouldn't really suffer for it as a narrative whole.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't like diego's world much and it's kind of weird to have the whole d4c encounter and then switch to some ref to earlier parts to cap things off when i was perfectly fine with not referencing dio again.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurora posted:

6 episodes seems like a lot for 19 chapters when Dio's World was over like 4 and a tenth or something.

Bites the Dust / CD Is Unbreakable has a LOT of twists and turns in how the fight evolves, and in reality it'll probably be 5 and a bit then epilogue, so I think it'll fit just fine.

D4C is a really good fight but it does suffer from fight fatigue a bit. It's super, super long. Diego's World is not in the same league as CDIU. It's still good and cool, but you could remove it and SBR wouldn't really suffer for it as a narrative whole.

OTOH, Tusk Act 4 moving inside the frozen time is the hypest poo poo.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't like diego's world much and it's kind of weird to have the whole d4c encounter and then switch to some ref to earlier parts to cap things off when i was perfectly fine with not referencing dio again.

It's not as good as D4C, but the alt-Diego fight is still really fun. And then the way he's taken out at the end is beyond perfect. After the exhausting confrontation with the somewhat morally ambiguous Valentine, having mustache twirling alt-Diego come out and get completely owned is a nice bit of catharsis.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i really like alt diego's fight because he defeats johnny's undefeatable invincible technique. imagine if part 5's coda did that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like diego was developed a lot better as a character while still using a vaguely similar background and theme, but the final encounter takes like 5 steps back from that and just makes him outright a shithead while giving him the same power as dio from 4 parts ago, which was disappointing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

also
bad seafood

Shine on you Shining Diamond.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Moltrey posted:

It's 19 as well as like three ending chapters with Kira in Ghost World and Josuke stealing Joseph's wallet so like 22 chapters.

It'll definitely be paced slower than DIO'S World but that's okay I want to stay in Morioh as long as possible

Nobody has suggested this so I'm going to call it: Each of the three days of Bites the Dust will be its own episode a la Endless Eight but better.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i feel like diego was developed a lot better as a character while still using a vaguely similar background and theme, but the final encounter takes like 5 steps back from that and just makes him outright a shithead while giving him the same power as dio from 4 parts ago, which was disappointing.

I feel like alt-diego was meant to drive home how diego was different, and not an inherently evil character. We're shown what diego could have been, and in that world his stand manifested into the world because of it.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

It's so close to this.

if nobody edits in the Kill Bill sirens during this bit I'll be quite disappointed, I want that video out the second this episode airs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Devil Ed posted:

I feel like alt-diego was meant to drive home how diego was different, and not an inherently evil character. We're shown what diego could have been, and in that world his stand manifested into the world because of it.

Did Dr. Ferdinand have The World in that reality?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i get what the diego's world bit was going for, that in another universe he could have turned out pretty different, but i mostly just wish that it was handled in a way that wasn't just 'diego now has dio's stand because why not'

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

what if DIO had Scary Monsters instead? "What is the secret of DIO's stand," Kakyoin wonders, and then a velociraptor takes a chomp out of his torso

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did Dr. Ferdinand have The World in that reality?

Well there wouldn't have been the corpse parts to give Diego the stand so who knows how he got it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Devil Ed posted:

Well there wouldn't have been the corpse parts to give Diego the stand so who knows how he got it.

Arrows steeped in the blood of the son

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Devil Ed posted:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Devil Ed posted:

Maybe the "diamonds" were actually stand arrow shards!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Condiv posted:

Check out this cool pic I found of koichi and koichi jr. posing together

This is the real way Koichi should have gotten Yukako off of his back, "this is what our kid will look like."

It is incredibly wrong to call the last arc "the invincible crazy diamond". Exceptionally wrong.

I mean, the final arc is called Kureji Diamondo wa Kudakenai and not Muteki no Kureji Diamondo or however you'd phrase that so it is literally wrong as well as morally wrong.

He is however an invincible unbeatable and beautiful stand who is the greatest of all stands in JoJo.

Muteki no Kureji Diamondo is my favorite early 80's robot cartoon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What's worse: Shining Diamond is Unbreakable or The Invincible Shining Diamond?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

standard owl posted:

if nobody edits in the Kill Bill sirens during this bit I'll be quite disappointed, I want that video out the second this episode airs

I want this to be edited on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The latter because it's double wrong instead of single wrong.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Shining Diamond is Crazy

And now, a good name. Unbreakable: Crazy Diamond.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Deadly Queen Hits The Bricks

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Waffleman_ posted:

Deadly Queen Shits Bricks

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Deadly Queen Eat My Dust

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Deadly Queen? No Dignity!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I would have liked Diego's world a lot better if instead of a stand battle it was just a straight up horse race for 1st place. Johnny's basically done by the time it takes place, he's already learnt to walk by this point. And that feels like the point of SBR, y'know? Where do you go once Johnny's got his legs back. The fight is good but outside of the part with Johnny's Dad it's not really about Johnny anymore. Which is a little strange because basically every fight in SBR is a big part of Gyro and Johnny's development, and is way more important to them as characters than just a bump on the road to the next stage. Also, I think it would have been neat if SBR started with just a stand-less horse race, and ended with just a horse race as well. Even if Johnny still loses.

Lucy killing Alt Diego is cool though and a good end to the part.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Diego's World just really reads like Araki needed to extend SBR a little, for whatever reason, so he added it onto the end. He knew, rightly, that people would freak out if Diego used the World and that would probably carry a lot on its own. Some of it drawn kinda poorly and SBR World looks kind of terrible for a lot of its appearances. Part of that is why I think that if you cut it entirely, SBR doesn't get affected majorly at all. He can write another way for the corpse to find its home in the bunker and for Johnny to not finish the race and what not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Diego's World just really reads like Araki needed to extend SBR a little, for whatever reason, so he added it onto the end. He knew, rightly, that people would freak out if Diego used the World and that would probably carry a lot on its own. Some of it drawn kinda poorly and SBR World looks kind of terrible for a lot of its appearances. Part of that is why I think that if you cut it entirely, SBR doesn't get affected majorly at all. He can write another way for the corpse to find its home in the bunker and for Johnny to not finish the race and what not.

pretty sure araki's thought process was just "wouldn't it be fuckin' sweet if alt diego came back and could also stop time"

answer: yes it was