Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Doredrin posted:

The Dow has been sliding for the past few days and VIX is increasing to Brexit levels. If the stock market tanks before election day I'm going to laugh so hard.

So... gun companies are a sure bet, right? Either Trump wins and the white supremacists start tooling up for Rahowa, or Trump loses and the usual suspects flock to gun stores to buy their 197th rifle before Clinton takes them all away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mcmagic posted:

This Comey poo poo is only working because people already have notions about her and don't like or trust her.

lol

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Mc Do Well posted:

I wrote in Richard Doty

The true pro-UFO candidate is HRC, friend.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Crow Jane posted:

Even if this were true (it isn't), why do you seem so gleeful about it?

I'm loving despondent about it and I very much hope that she wins.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crowsbeak posted:

Or maybe its open to interpretation based on ones reaction to the humor of Paul Feige.

If you can't tell the difference between normal sane critique of a comedy film and RUINED MY CHILDHOOD WITH ICKY GIRLS you might be a Trump voter. Oh wait...

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

He's literally unable to perceive the fire behind and under all the smoke blowing around right-wing media and nazi-wing mefia for what it blatantly is.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

look guys, just ignore mcmagic

no matter how much Hillary wins he will just shout "Bernie would have won by more!" because he doesn't understand the realities of an election

I was making fun of people for replying to mcmagic then 100 pages later I replied to mcmagic :(

it's like a flytrap, you're suckered in and stuck before you even know what's happening

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

QuarkJets posted:

Post your map

This is the RCP Polls Average Map with "No Tossups" settings on. It assigns every state to whoever has the current polling lead, even if the lead is .1%

I switched NH from Clinton to Trump.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

This Comey poo poo is only working because people already have notions about her and don't like or trust her.

Actually post polling on it shows people don't give a gently caress, but like you're so high on your own goddamn supply that it's not even funny, it's just sad.

Like, what do you think any of this dumb posting accomplishes. Do you just say this poo poo, alone in your room with the lights off, because you have no one else to talk to? Like take this poo poo to a blog you write that no one reads.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This is the RCP Polls Average Map with "No Tossups" settings on. It assigns every state to whoever has the current polling lead, even if the lead is .1%

He's not winning NV. I will :toxx: for it.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mcmagic posted:

Lol the incorrigible sexist wants us to believe he wants a woman in the white house

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It's totally fine, great if you like improv which I kinda don't. There's one joke that had me dying though

The set up that dum-dum secretary Hemsworth gets his eyes and his ears mixed up. Later a loud noise happens, and he covers his eyes. :v:

One of the cut jokes was apparently him walking in for his interview, seeing the "Max occupancy: 27" sign, slowly counting the four of them in the room and then nodding like "Okay, we're good," which I really wish had ended up in the final cut.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Soothing Vapors posted:

it's like a flytrap, you're suckered in and stuck before you even know what's happening

-sv's wife

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

exploding mummy posted:

Politifact looked and came up with like 2 from Democrats, which was Hillary attacking him on guns, and a Martin O'Malley ad.

Man can we all pause from laughing at McMagic dismissing everything Hillary has had to overcome to appreciate and rejoice that Martin O'Malley completely loving cratered and nobody likes him. I feel that's something we all can agree on

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

One of the cut jokes was apparently him walking in for his interview, seeing the "Max occupancy: 27" sign, slowly counting the four of them in the room and then nodding like "Okay, we're good," which I really wish had ended up in the final cut.

I want a spin-off of just him. It's the only time I've seen an SNL-style one-note joke character work so well. He has a very simple "game" in every scene, and it kills every time.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cool.

Now fix the states Clinton already won.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I hope to god Nevada goes blue because it looks like Hillary is getting savaged in New Hampshire. Lot of polls showing Trump winning or tied.

Arzying is hitting maximum.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

If you're so despondent, stop posting like a moron and go find a Dem HQ and make calls in PA. Spare us all your bullshit.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

Man can we all pause from laughing at McMagic dismissing everything Hillary has had to overcome to appreciate and rejoice that Martin O'Malley completely loving cratered and nobody likes him. I feel that's something we all can agree on

What was so bad about him? His abs seemed fine. :v:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

freckle posted:

So, should i check out this new Ghostbusters movie or not?

it's a decent enough movie, and i'd say the extended cut makes the plot work better though, since it fleshes out the characters and their motivations a lot more. i'd say it's worth watching once to see what all the fuss is about.

if you like kate mckinnon from snl though, definitely watch it because she does a really good job in it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

not really no

and then, proving my point, you did it yourself like 4 posts later

u mothefucker

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

gently caress you come back to TFF

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Actually post polling on it shows people don't give a gently caress, but like you're so high on your own goddamn supply that it's not even funny, it's just sad.

Like, what do you think any of this dumb posting accomplishes. Do you just say this poo poo, alone in your room with the lights off, because you have no one else to talk to? Like take this poo poo to a blog you write that no one reads.

He's not winning NV. I will :toxx: for it.

Why is she freefalling in all these polls if it didn't have any effect?

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Lol the incorrigible sexist wants us to believe he wants a woman in the white house

You're a lovely person.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Remove just Rasmussen and suddenly, she's winning again!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I am about this float to adding mcmagic to my ignore list because I am tired of unending primary chat.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dexo posted:

It was a MOM ad where he chastised Bernie and Clinton for being on SNL

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

i was expecting to like it but i really didn't and I hope the reason isn't internalized misogyny

I'm pretty sure it's because mcKinnon's talent was completely wasted, though
I think it's okay to just dislike a movie, even one with a lot of feminist leanings, without it necessarily being misogyny. There's a lot of legitimate flaws in the film. If your reasons are like 'a lot of the jokes didn't land' 'some of the actors were completely wasted' etc then yeah whatever, those are not misogynist reasons.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

:vince:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

This is really interesting, thanks for posting. Any more interesting info about breaking down supporters by primary candidate there (and if so can I get a link)?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mcmagic posted:

You're a lovely person.

Find me a woman you don't think that about.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

stone cold posted:

The true pro-UFO candidate is HRC, friend.

Didn't she at one point promise to release the UFO files?

She's such a nerd I love it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

i was expecting to like it but i really didn't and I hope the reason isn't internalized misogyny

I'm pretty sure it's because mcKinnon's talent was completely wasted, though

I thought it over-explained some jokes but it's by no means the worst comedy ever!!! and honestly about on par with Ghostbusters 2. (Which is itself not the Worst Sequel Ever.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mcmagic posted:

good news, she's going to.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kate McKinnon has also really been killing as Hillary Clinton, I think.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
double post sorry

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sky Shadowing posted:

I hope to god Nevada goes blue because it looks like Hillary is getting savaged in New Hampshire. Lot of polls showing Trump winning or tied.

Arzying is hitting maximum.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports

Follow this guy and you will never arzy again. Nevada is a near lock at this point.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Why is she freefalling in all these polls if it didn't have any effect?

You're a lovely person.

What is your proposed fix? Time travel?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah I am about this float to adding mcmagic to my ignore list because I am tired of unending primary chat.

I've never put anyone on ignore but man this thread makes me wonder sometimes

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Dexo posted:

I saw his band play at an street fair once. While I disagree with him on just about everything, he has very nice arms, and it would be kind of interesting to have a president who knows every Pogues song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hahaahajhahahaha

gently caress man I mean seriously

• Locked thread