Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Look at this reverse sexis

god drat. :swoon:

:rolleyes: This is why we can't have a female president. How is a woman going to look at this

And not completely lose her mind to lust and sign away our country to him. No female can resist the sight of a man like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

i also liked Hemsworth - "which is better, playing saxophone, or listening to saxophone?"

That joke cracked me up.:smith:

My friends who REALLY liked it were also ones who really saw themselves in the main characters and were exceedingly pleased about that, and I think that is part of where the gender divide exists if there is one. not "I hate movies with women" but "this is speaking to an experience I don't have." YMMV but that's what I've encountered at least.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Feral Integral posted:

Was it just that one phrase, or like more of it like with the other plagiarization? It's kind of weak sauce if it was just the phrase 'if you can dream it, you can become it'

I think it was r kelly who said if you can dream it then you do it, if you just believe it, then you can be it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Why is she freefalling in all these polls if it didn't have any effect?

You're a lovely person.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'd like to preface this with the unrelated observation that Tiny Brontosaurus is one of the best posters in this thread and a god-damned saint for dealing with the amount of poo poo that gets casually thrown into the pit that is USPol.

Now, let's all learn about how Hillary Clinton kidnaps children, brought to you by Wikileaks, who read it on r/the_donald.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/794247777756860417

I can't believe I ever, at any point in my life, had a positive opinion of Wikileaks. How embarrassing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dexo posted:

:rolleyes: This is why we can't have a female president. How is a woman going to look at this

And not completely lose her mind to lust and sign away our country to him. No female can resist the sight of a man like that.

Look at his stomach flab and old man tits. To die for.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

Either way, Kate McKinnon was really good in it and I look forward to eight years of her playing the President of the United States in comedy routines.

I really really want to chill with Kate McKinnon

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did a poll really come out with Hillary and Trump tied in Colorado? Was it just including people who haven't voted yet?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

tbf only three of the leads were lily-white enough for "shrill" to be the biggest problem MRAs had

would have been p great if any of her 3 co-stars would have actually stood up for her tbh

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HEY MIGF, I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS
https://twitter.com/AlbinoHorse/status/794064163559587840
:unsmigghh:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did a poll really come out with Hillary and Trump tied in Colorado? Was it just including people who haven't voted yet?

Yes and no. Also it was a crap poll because the split in Colorado is not going to be 39-39.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dexo posted:

Solution: only lesbians are allowed to be President

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

no joke I think there's a real case for McKinnon being the most talented cast member SNL has ever had

I'm actually having trouble thinking of someone else on her level, she's real good

amy poehler

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
New Ghostbusters was pretty bad IMO, but I dislike that Sony threw its actors under the bus when they were getting attacked on Twitter and other social media by sociopaths who think that the actors and not Paul Feig thinking improv was a good idea were at fault for the bad movie.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Munkeymon posted:

My GF basically said the same thing about her mom this morning :smith:

:smith::hf::smith:

Grandma taught me about bringing a decoy ball to Wrigley :unsmith:

And she was the first person I ever heard say the word "cocksucker" (at a Cards fan)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I would actually like to ask mcmagic to NOT volunteer for the Dems this election

Last thing we need is him at a phone bank going "I would like to ask you to vote for Hillary Clinton who sucks and never should have won the primary"

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

You're a lovely person.

I believe the preferred nomenclature is "nasty woman".

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I guess today is Extremely Belated rear end-Covering Day:

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/794266011092525057

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/794267432676421632

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A poll from Denver University that's at odds with every other poll and had pretty big MOE.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

you only agree with the MRAs if you think the movie has destroyed your childhood and the original forever

Ninja Turtles 3 destroyed my childhood forever. I was 9. After that, life somehow went on, and I learned a valuable lesson. Never trust anyone trying to make cash on stuff you liked when you were a kid. If it turns out good, pleasant surprise, ends up poorly, well, what do you expect?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mio's unfavorables: can't play drums, had a panic attack in downton london, doesn't know how electricity works

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

44C-37T in already-voted 4-way poll; 45-38 in already-voted 2-way poll. 39-39 and 42C-41T in the "haven't voted yet" version of each, respectively

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

He's gone once the election is over, right?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nessus posted:

Oh in that case we're cool. I mean...

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Nessus posted:

Gays in every elected office.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Pack it in, boys. Trump won. America is great again now that all the educated whites, women, and all minorities have fled to Canada. Coincidentally, America has fallen and Canada is now a world superpower.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nessus posted:

Can we just appoint Ellen now?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

New Ghostbusters was pretty bad IMO, but I dislike that Sony threw its actors under the bus when they were getting attacked on Twitter and other social media by sociopaths who think that the actors and not Paul Feig thinking improv was a good idea were at fault for the bad movie.

I have so many things I could say about this and the corporate culture at studios in general, but let me just leave it at this: Sony's PR department is so antiquated I personally watched them with my own eyes hire an outside consultant at the rate of ten thousand dollars to "build a hashtag."

A few months later one of them raised the question to legal if they could sue on IP grounds because people on twitter "stole our hashtag."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes.

Hillary is +6 among those who already voted though.

The poll also didn't push any "leaners" to make a choice, so it has a slightly higher undecided number.

So, it's not good for Hillary, but not as terrible as it looks.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RVProfootballer posted:

It is a joke

(I haven't checked the Twitter but it must be a joke lol)

I checked the guy's twitter and he seemed real dumb, so I followed my heart

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Didn't he send out a letter that said "FYI, I know this will be a big deal?"

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

He's gone once the election is over, right?

Obama had a really strong lack of confidence statement of him the other day so probably.

Expect him to be gone late December or early January when the election dies down.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I have so many things I could say about this and the corporate culture at studios in general, but let me just leave it at this: Sony's PR department is so antiquated I personally watched them with my own eyes hire an outside consultant at the rate of ten thousand dollars to "build a hashtag."

A few months later one of them raised the question to legal if they could sue on IP grounds because people on twitter "stole our hashtag."
what was the hashtag

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

remusclaw posted:

Ghostbuster 3 was no worse than Ghostbusters 2.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement though

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

DaveWoo posted:

I guess today is Extremely Belated rear end-Covering Day:

For further reference there's this thing called a "press conference" where reporters can ask "questions" and you get to speak and "elaborate" on "facts." Next time do that instead.

Aerox posted:

I'd like to preface this with the unrelated observation that Tiny Brontosaurus is one of the best posters in this thread and a god-damned saint for dealing with the amount of poo poo that gets casually thrown into the pit that is USPol.

Not empty-quoting.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Didn't they also pay their only female executives significantly less than lower ranked males?

Also, can you point them in my direction next time they need help building a hash tag? I'll split the cash with you.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

emdash posted:

44C-37T in already-voted 4-way poll; 45-38 in already-voted 2-way poll. 39-39 and 42C-41T in the "haven't voted yet" version of each, respectively

Oh wow, hadn't seen the voted/not voted splits for those polls. Why is the 39-39 the only thing that's gotten any play?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Sony's PR department is so antiquated I personally watched them with my own eyes hire an outside consultant at the rate of ten thousand dollars to "build a hashtag."

holy poo poo, lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

emdash posted:

So Clinton should run away with it. Great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

No Butt Stuff posted:

Can we just appoint Ellen Maddow now?

FTFY.

• Locked thread