Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

TMMadman posted:

If you pick out an avatar, I'll give you a gift certificate when I get home later tonight.

I'm thinking about Rizzo and Ross 'I'm an emotional wreck'
Y/n also gif or static picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I might have beat you to it

although really everyone should have that moment so

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I still can't wrap my head around that rain delay. The rain wasn't very strong, and when they resumed the game it was still going! Total momentum killer for Cleveland. Not saying it cost the game but it solved no problems whatsoever so wtf.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

He's a great writer and it's routinely painful for me that he's a Giants fan.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Bigass Moth posted:

I still can't wrap my head around that rain delay. The rain wasn't very strong, and when they resumed the game it was still going! Total momentum killer for Cleveland. Not saying it cost the game but it solved no problems whatsoever so wtf.

I think it certainly played to the Cubs advantage. I think what they thought they couldn't have happen was a suspended game since that would be a logistical nightmare so the tarp prevented a worst case scenario.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Umps just wanted to make sure they didn't embarrass themselves by destroying the field in game 7 of the World Series

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

The Curse of the Billy Goat is dead

Long live the Curse of Ricky Vaughn

I wouldn't go so far to call AIDS a curse.........

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Will the Cubs give Bartman a ring? Will it be one of the fancy one?

Also, congrats Cubs fans! Now let's all root for another unbearable WS drought to end. Did you know the New York Yankees have gone without a title for SEVEN years?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

wyoak posted:

I might have beat you to it

although really everyone should have that moment so

I still want it with the caption 'I'm an emotional wreck' because it describes my hockey posting

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I need to find someone that can edit Bugs Bunny from Baseball Bugs so he has a Cubs uniform on. That'd be a sweet avatar.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

How does SB Nation have such disparity in quality among their blogs?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Man, I just thought of something. The Indians didn't win a game after I ordered my new block C hat. Clearly, I should cancel the order and keep rockin the racist Chief Wahoo hat instead.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Jim McMahon wore his Bears jersey to the White House when the Packers won in 1996. The Bears never got to go to the White House after the 1985 season because the Challenger blew up like 3 days after the Super Bowl, and McMahon was Favre's backup so he pretty much took zero snaps all season as a Packer.

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I mentioned that. I love Chicago sports. There's always someone close to give you the business about your team. Even our newspapers give it to each other.

https://twitter.com/JimmyColton/status/794206636500025344

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
So our CEO sent out a tweet last night saying we could come in at Noon today. Naturally, almost no one saw it in time. Joke's on him, I'm not doing anything today but listening to the score and reposting twitter gems!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh my god this is so adorable

https://giant.gfycat.com/DistortedHospitableAmericanwirehair.webm

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Niwrad posted:

How does SB Nation have such disparity in quality among their blogs?

I think it's because they originated as individual blogs and then they were consolidated under a unified banner. They don't bother trying to enforce any real level of quality. Hell, even the rules of conduct on different blogs vary greatly.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The Cards picked up Jaime Garcia's option, which is sadly the best thing they've done today.

(It's a very sound move, considering he's a good trade chip in a year where the FA pitching crop is non-existent)

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Just watching a replay of the game right now and Joe Maddon reading a takeout menu after the Davis home run will never get old

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I need a gif of Zobrist skipping in from the outfield.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

You can see the moment after he lets go off the ball where his brain just jacks him on endorphins

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

OK someone make an avatar for me out of this

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

I was looking around earlier for a chief wahoo Jordan crying without luck, any help?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Black Sabas posted:

I was looking around earlier for a chief wahoo Jordan crying without luck, any help?

Godammit I am 99% sure I saw one within the last 2 days but I can't for the life of me remember where.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
In the lowest effort possible on my part, there are some here: http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/3/13508150/indians-blow-3-1-lead-cubs-warriors-cavs-2016-bill-murray

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Inspector_666 posted:

Godammit I am 99% sure I saw one within the last 2 days but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Dexo posted:

Man if the Cubs blow this am I going to deserve all the poo poo I end up talking.

They didn't blow it :smug:

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thanks for this.

I don't care how long it takes, as long as I get it. It's not for reading, it's for saving.

e: the website is so swamped, I can't get past the checkout page :smith:

Dont do it Kev I bought 10!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dexo posted:

They didn't blow it :smug:

Hey I remember were I saw it!

Dexo posted it!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SharkTattoos posted:

I might buy one from you then as I seemingly can't get the store to work(and I'm down in Springfield).

Also looking over from my posts from last night made me realize just how dark of a place I got jesus christ.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SharkTattoos posted:

I didn't because the website wouldn't let me. My mom got a copy for me at her workplace in the suburbs. I posted on Facebook asking anyone if they could get an extra copy for me and my high school prom date of all people got me another one.

Inspector_666 posted:

I need a gif of Zobrist skipping in from the outfield.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://www.google.com/amp/www.thewrap.com/ken-burns-will-update-baseball-doc-if-cubs-win-world-series/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yay, thanks!

EDIT: RC Cola I think this may actually be a more avatarable gif than the Bryant one.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 3, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Someone needs to make a gif of Rizzo on third base in the 10th with his hands on his head and clearly saying "Oh my God!"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/BernieKosarQB/status/794268854423846922

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

The Red Sox picked up their 2017 options on both Clay Buchholz and David Ortiz

They said in the release they picked up the option on Ortiz as a formality, and he still fully intends to retire

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
Budweiser spliced the last out with Harry Caray's voice over. Sorry if this has been posted before but this one got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nApTGkLd2hs

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

TMMadman posted:

Someone needs to make a gif of Rizzo on third base in the 10th with his hands on his head and clearly saying "Oh my God!"

This one? I don't see the "oh my god" part, but it was in the 10th at 3rd base.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Awesome. To finish that story...I went to my local grocery store to buy a newspaper this morning around 8:30 and as soon as I walked through the first door I knew it wasn't happening. My favorite check-out lady friend was just shaking her head "Sorry Benny we're all out of paypahs but our boys sure brought it last night didn't they?". Her family is season ticket holders for 30-some years, 100% local Chicago thick accent the works. We chatted a bit about the game and I left. I get a block down the street and I hear behind me "Haaaaaay Benny! I gotcha paypahs! I gotcha paypahs! The truck came in" and she was running me down full tilt on the sidewalk with a whole bundle of tribunes - so yeah I got some paypahs and ah pack ah polishes for dinnah.

Edit:

Scrode posted:

Budweiser spliced the last out with Harry Caray's voice over. Sorry if this has been posted before but this one got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nApTGkLd2hs

I'm not much for Budweiser ads but this is pretty darn well done and did test-fire the eye sprinkler system a bit.

A large farva fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 3, 2016

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Baseball is over so:

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This one? I don't see the "oh my god" part, but it was in the 10th at 3rd base.

It definitely happened at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Well that was certainly bittersweet. I'm a born and raised Clevelander, but also lived in Chicago for a bit before moving down here to Memphis. I never in a million years thought the Indians and the Cubs would be in the World Series together. I'll always root for the Cubs, unless they're playing Cleveland. What an amazing World Series that was!

One thing that really shocked me was the fact that even though the game was in Cleveland, it felt like a Cubs home game. That was crazy.

Tribe picked up Carlos Santana's $12M option for 2017.

• Locked thread