Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

And now, a good name. Unbreakable: Crazy Diamond.

Higashikata Josuke's What Ifs? Unbreakable Crazy Diamond: Fates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Diego's World just really reads like Araki needed to extend SBR a little, for whatever reason, so he added it onto the end. He knew, rightly, that people would freak out if Diego used the World and that would probably carry a lot on its own. Some of it drawn kinda poorly and SBR World looks kind of terrible for a lot of its appearances. Part of that is why I think that if you cut it entirely, SBR doesn't get affected majorly at all. He can write another way for the corpse to find its home in the bunker and for Johnny to not finish the race and what not.

Diego's World actually added a lot to SBR, since it's both an illustration of what Valentine's plan would've ended up being (insane god-king rules USA) and where Johnny's Dark Determination would've led him if not for his friends.

It's a perfect way to end SBR.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DIEGO's World is great because it's Dio getting one over on Jonathan one last time.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Crazy Diamond is not Crash

Heavy Sigh posted:

Diego's World actually added a lot to SBR, since it's both an illustration of what Valentine's plan would've ended up being (insane god-king rules USA) and where Johnny's Dark Determination would've led him if not for his friends.

Also consider how Valentine offered to bring back Gyro. Diego from another world shows what would have happened had Johnny accepted.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 3, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Crazy Diamond SaGa

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Schwarzwald posted:

Crazy Diamond is not Crash

Also consider how Valentine offered to bring back Gyro. Diego from another world shows what would have happened had Johnny accepted.
I mean, if Johnny accepted, Valentine would have shot him. With his gun.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Crazy Diamond SaGa

Thanks for reminding me that Barkley Gaiden 2 is never coming out. :argh:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Dexie posted:

Thanks for reminding me that Barkley Gaiden 2 is never coming out. :argh:

Nice try, mister Corporate Attitude

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Schwarzwald posted:

Gyro with Time Stop powers would actually be awesome.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Szmitten posted:

Nobody has suggested this so I'm going to call it: Each of the three days of Bites the Dust will be its own episode a la Endless Eight but better.

Endless Eight is bound to be better produced and animated, unfortunately

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Funky Valentine posted:

Gyro with Time Stop powers would actually be awesome.

Alt Diego actually comes from a universe where literally everyone has The World.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They skipped Toyohiro bleeding on Josuke and making him fall off the tower entirely, so no Josuke using CD to punch himself back into the tower.

It means a pretty iconic set of Josuke/CD panels is gone.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hahah augh

I've kept mum because I'm a minority opinion but I've privately been kinda annoyed that they combined three arcs here.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're adding parts elsewhere though.

Josuke's gone to go fix up Yuya in exchange for help.
Unless that happened anyway and I forgot?

e:
Yeah, I checked, I just forgot it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh poo poo daylight savings

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

David Pro adds nothing and only takes things away.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

They skipped Toyohiro bleeding on Josuke and making him fall off the tower entirely, so no Josuke using CD to punch himself back into the tower.

It means a pretty iconic set of Josuke/CD panels is gone.

I had forgotten that scene and "iconic" isn't really the word i'd have used

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

They're adding parts elsewhere though.

Josuke's gone to go fix up Yuya in exchange for help.
Unless that happened anyway and I forgot?

e:
Yeah, I checked, I just forgot it.

That part has a super cute CD expression, right? Josuke says crazy diamond already fixed him and CD is like "i did, go me"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ends just as Josuke is opening the gun paper. Enigma getting Josuke's mom is legit as gently caress animation too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Yeah, I think I misplaced what I was thinking of again. My memory is getting atrocious.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

Maybe not iconic but the blood/tower thing was definitely something I was looking forward to.

That and miki talking to his watch. RIP

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's July 15 Part 3 next, incase it wasn't obvious. I can see it going 4 overall.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

teru's voice owns

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's not an Iconic Scene, but Josuke being the only JoJo character iirc to intentionally use his Stand to punch himself in the gut is amazing

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

That part has a super cute CD expression, right? Josuke says crazy diamond already fixed him and CD is like "i did, go me"
crazy diamond's slight smile at how cool he is is very good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ends just as Josuke is opening the gun paper.
are you saying that today's To Be Continued screen is Josuke flipping over a blank sheet of paper to see a loaded gun staring him in the face? cause that loving rules

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crazy D is the best boy.

Moltrey posted:

are you saying that today's To Be Continued screen is Josuke flipping over a blank sheet of paper to see a loaded gun staring him in the face? cause that loving rules

Nah, it's just as he's about the reveal the gun. So it's a "What's in the paper" cliffhanger. It's loving great.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

horriblePencilist posted:

Alt Diego actually comes from a universe where literally everyone has The World.

everyone sounds like koyasu

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nah, it's just as he's about the reveal the gun. So it's a "What's in the paper" cliffhanger. It's loving great.
Awww booooooo!

Josuke flipping the blank paper around only to see a gun pointed at him, firing and Josuke collapsing to the sidewalk as Yuya just looks on across the street is prob my favorite out of context JoJo, it's so so stupid and so so good.

I mean he catches the bullet it's fine, but Who Shot Josuke

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 4, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Moltrey posted:

It's not an Iconic Scene, but Josuke being the only JoJo character iirc to intentionally use his Stand to punch himself in the gut is amazing

crazy diamond's slight smile at how cool he is is very good

They probably avoided that part cause of the weird mask thing, dunno how they would've animated that with last week's model.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Awww booooooo!

Josuke flipping the blank paper around only to see a gun pointed at him, firing and Josuke collapsing to the sidewalk as Yuya just looks on across the street is prob my favorite out of context JoJo, it's so so stupid and so so good.

I mean he catches the bullet it's fine, but Who Shot Josuke

It's better this way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Tower Man's mask face looks awful so I'm fine if they just dropped that plot, but Josuke going "gently caress man this is gonna hurt huh?" and then punching himself to safety is Beautiful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You still see him without the mask.

e: You don't actually. I give up today, I am bad. He does have the mask though

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 4, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Moltrey posted:

Tower Man's mask face looks awful so I'm fine if they just dropped that plot, but Josuke going "gently caress man this is gonna hurt huh?" and then punching himself to safety is Beautiful

ok yeah i was wrong they added the mask face this episode and it's still weird. he's got a ring on his neck that wasn't there before

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

The Enigma fight was definitly the one I was most looking forward to, just because I wanted to see how they would do the tessellation effect. And god drat they did it well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bit disappointed with Superfly, specially how fast they went through it this ep, but Enigma's looking much better and that blueballing cliffhanger owned.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i don't like how the superfly fight ends because it's another "josuke punched the lasers back to the enemy"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Superfly is generally pretty weak as a whole. The Okuyasu and Josuke deciding to wreck it is cool and it has neat bits like basically all JoJo things ever, but it's not the best thing in DiU by a long shot.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Superfly is a fun fight but it's definitely one of the weaker fights in Part 4, especially compared to Cheap Trick and Enigma. I can't wait for Rohan to send a stand to hell

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
smart move of Araki to remind the audience of the ghost hands the fight before Kira gets dragged to hell by them

also I was really not feeling Cheap Trick in the manga, especially coming right before Bites The Dust, but I'm very into Rohan's "well now I HAVE to see his back". Enigma always owned

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Moltrey posted:

smart move of Araki to remind the audience of the ghost hands the fight before Kira gets dragged to hell by the

also I was really not feeling Cheap Trick in the manga, especially coming right before Bites The Dust, but I'm very into Rohan's "well now I HAVE to see his back". Enigma always owned

Burn this post!
Do it!
Burn it!