Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I hate Clyde Drexler, he is probably the worst announcer.

I need to watch more games though, the lakers announcers sounded okay. I really don't like the lakeshow or their fans.

Gotta think of it this way, it's part of an announcer's job to make a lovely team appetizing for fans to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

One sad thing is that Clyde played in a time before lots of National games. I barley saw him play.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
The toughest part of the year is when Clyde Drexler tries to contribute by saying announcery things before going back to sounding like he's been pregaming in the parking lot

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ratzinc posted:

27 on 27 shots is my guess.

Legit

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Oladipo's gonna be trying way too hard tonight and i'm gonna scream at him

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PurpleJesus posted:

Austin Carr is the goddamn best and I won't hear a negative word against him. Also, now that I'm caught up on the thread, I will try to lurk less.

That post came from DEEP IN THE Q

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Spite posted:

Portland's are better, but they are really trying to give Aminu the nickname Chief for some reason.

Couple of pages back, but I think that's because his name translates to "The Chief has arrived". This has been your random NBA player fact for the day.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010
Both undefeated teams are playing tonight (not against each other.) How many undefeated teams will there be tomorrow?

Russ is going to shove Durant into the proverbial locker of his own shame.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jaylen Brown is getting his first start tonight because of Crowder's anklefoot. He'll be guarding Lebron. Welcome to the NBA

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I want tonight to be great but I know it's going to be one of those underwhelming games where Russ is trying way too hard and our opponent starts clicking and we just get run out the door.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Russ is on fire. He could just pull it off himself.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Announcer talk run down from my pov.
Worst Homers:
Houston, San Antonio, Boston, Cleveland, Pacers. (Blazers would have been top but they are actually watchable this year.)

Best crew:
Twolves, Knicks, Dalls, Brooklyn.

Worst individual announcers:
Jon Barry, Chris Webber, Reggie, Clyde, Sean Elliot, Quin Buckner, Austin Carr, Stacey King. Tommy would be in this list, but he gets a weird pass.

Best individual announcers:
Bones, Walt, Jim Petersen.

I legitimately can't watch a Spurs/Houston game with the sound on unless it is nationally broadcast.

Smellyhead fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 4, 2016

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

PurpleJesus posted:

Austin Carr is the goddamn best and I won't hear a negative word against him. Also, now that I'm caught up on the thread, I will try to lurk less.

It's okay to acknowledge terrible work even when it's associated with our own team or players we once idolized. For example, speaking as someone who was going to Blazers' playoff games in the early 90s and whose own dog is named Clyde, I can still recognize that Clyde Drexler is a horrendously bad announcer, almost on par with how bad Austin Carr is.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Smellyhead posted:

Worst individual announcers:
Jon Barry, Chris Webber, Reggie, Clyde, Sean Elliot, Quin Buckner, Austin Carr. Tommy would be in this list, but he gets a weird pass.

Michael Cage

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I kind of like Clyde's lilting, laconic cadence

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

The Nuggets were gonna trade him regardless. And whoever they traded him to would give him the max and he probably would have taken it.

He only wanted to play in New York.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

The Process is spreading

This one seems much more trustworthy

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

KG is sitting in an armchair with a big red box that says cuss button on it next to him.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
For National games Doris Burke is the best color commentator. I wish they'd use her there more instead of having her work the floor.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Hubie is the best I think

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

KG is sitting in an armchair with a big red box that says cuss button on it next to him.

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/794331987334959104

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Pete Pranica and Brevin Knight are the best announcers in the NBA. I'm a homer for them because they love memphis but are not homers

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/grizzliespr/status/794317944947937280

Bloodsport is BACK

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Pete Pranica and Brevin Knight are the best announcers in the NBA. I'm a homer for them because they love memphis but are not homers

Said someone who's never watched a Knicks feed.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/spencerhawes00/status/46072222594510848

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ESPN ranked embiid as the 58 th best player lol.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

But really, does anyone expect a truly objective home announcer anywhere?

The broadcast team is year round one the best and sometimes only good thing about the Knicks.

A lot of the credit for the Linsanity phenomenon should go to Mike Breen because he can make regular season games feel like the dang playffs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPs3LejANx4
He's mostly neutral and just goes with the excitement of the game because he's used to calling national events.

And he's always pointing out ex-Knicks when he's doing national broadcasts :)

the best Knicks were when Melo was out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6YDX1YwuQI

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/794334674927554562

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The NBA is the best league

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Papercut posted:

It's okay to acknowledge terrible work even when it's associated with our own team or players we once idolized. For example, speaking as someone who was going to Blazers' playoff games in the early 90s and whose own dog is named Clyde, I can still recognize that Clyde Drexler is a horrendously bad announcer, almost on par with how bad Austin Carr is.

hrrrm what are your thoughts on the heat announcers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cleveland is insanely good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Stacey King is a teen intern with an internet soundboard and a leftover Krumps costume.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can't tell Jon Barry and Brent Barry apart by just their voice anymore so sometimes I am fooled into thinking Jon said something smart but then I go back and look and it's Brent.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

Cleveland is insanely good

Yeah they're 100% locked in.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i feel like lebron is coasting tbh. kyrie and klove are doing a lot tho, and shump is hitting shots which is weird cause he was useless as a player last year

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Ghost Dog posted:

i feel like lebron is coasting tbh. kyrie and klove are doing a lot tho, and shump is hitting shots which is weird cause he was useless as a player last year

Seems like the right strategy, it's nice he is on a team where he can coast

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Why is #kgarea21 using the walking dead theme song?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I like how a coasting LeBron is still playing 35+ minutes per game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebrons block on iguodala is still the most amazing sports moment ever .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Please Eat A Vegetable
Jun 26, 2002
Lord of Primate Booty
Stacy King is so bad he loops back around to almost good. "Hot Sawce!"

Reggie Miller is hands down the worst announcer. He manages to say dumb poo poo in a way that annoys the hell out of me.

• Locked thread