Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Still haven't had anyone beat this: https://youtu.be/8mJAcnbQ9mU

Everything bad about Year 1 in 8 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

How annoyed were/are you that the one death was right before the end of the match?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

serious post tho: comparing this to more recent videos is night and day. you play really badly in this comparatively speaking.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Everything bad about Year 1 in 8 minutes

Hit registration. so OP

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

40k/d and under 700 views? You gotta step up your LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE game bro.

Also that year one titan melee. :allears:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Hit registration. so OP

fair.

TLW actually working while hipfiring.
TLW crit bonus damage while ADS'ed
OHK FR Spear body shot
Multiple heavy drops
Insane HMG ammo counts
Special spawn like every 1:30 lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Today on it came from reddit, a cool oryx thing in the rift:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheOtterVII/video/23127147

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

http://i.imgur.com/NeapJjs.gifv

sooooo the guy in my scope is not the one I killed.

:psyduck:

http://i.imgur.com/k9WxGNc.gifv

Snipers feel hosed up atm.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

There are two enemies there, one of them is running left->right and one is behind the rock going right->left (you can see him for a split-second at the beginning). You sniped the guy running out from behind the rock, not the guy you were originally aiming at.

e: sucks to be the guy you sniped unintentionally lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/VFLjU9B.gifv

One match my well within range bodyshots with Juju were registering 5 each. 15 damage per burst. That was rad.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can sword block a tether?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Awesome! posted:

you can sword block a tether?

Maybe if that guy had Memory of Radegast?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
You can sword block a tether and you might even be able to keep some ammo if it's off-element. I'm not sure what sword that guy has tho.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
IB next week. Control, dropping pulse/HMG/chest/legs.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

haveblue posted:

Well...gently caress yes.

Best PvP mode, dropping the best two IB weapons and the hardest two armor pieces to get at 400 LL.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

haveblue posted:

:rip: the meta. Those weapons are going to be mandatory and super nasty. I bet the vendor rolls will be garbage too.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So what's the pulse optimal roll i should go for so I know what to trash all week

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

FishBulb posted:

So what's the pulse optimal roll i should go for so I know what to trash all week

BF, CB, HCR.

Mine has Smallbore, CB, HCR and I land crits all day with minimal effort. Can't even imagine what even more stability will be like.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Welp. I hope you enjoy being mapped by Dragon because that's all primary use is going to be from here on out. People mag dumping travel lanes until you're in shotty range.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Best part about the pulse being in the loot table is the dudes with adept blind perdition can finally shut the gently caress up about it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Best part about the pulse being in the loot table is the dudes with adept blind perdition can finally shut the gently caress up about it

but

* Rasheed noises *

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

qbert posted:

BF, CB, HCR.

Mine has Smallbore, CB, HCR and I land crits all day with minimal effort. Can't even imagine what even more stability will be like.

dont need extra range on it like a pdx?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Awesome! posted:

dont need extra range on it like a pdx?

If you're mag dumping it like that archetype encourages who cares about range.

*Smallbore

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
How good is the perfect balance, field scout, counter balance IB machine gun I got last time from a bounty. I basically get two full mags of on a heavy pick up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

texaholic posted:

How good is the perfect balance, field scout, counter balance IB machine gun I got last time from a bounty. I basically get two full mags of on a heavy pick up.

Mine has perfect balance and rangefinder and I love it. It's become my default PvP heavy.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pretty good but you are probably don't need that much stability. Best overall lmg perk is rifled barrel imo

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

texaholic posted:

Pretty drat good. I would say CB and Field Scout are both amazing perks to have on it (not sure if Extended Mag gives more bullets or not in PvP), with the 3rd perk ideally being a range boosting one, though PB is perfectly good.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Maker Of Shoes posted:

serious post tho: comparing this to more recent videos is night and day. you play really badly in this comparatively speaking.

Yeah. I was pretty bad back then in comparison. I pretty much played like a slow lumbering tank with a Last Word. I used increased hight back then, i just didn't know.

Yet it's a mission to try and get a 5kd game these days. Let alone a 40.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

Also that year one titan melee. :allears:

I noticed that too on review. It was so loving bad.

It isn't perfect now but at least it works.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PEW PEW

http://i.imgur.com/2HHSHWC.gifv

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Mikey-San posted:

There are two enemies there, one of them is running left->right and one is behind the rock going right->left (you can see him for a split-second at the beginning). You sniped the guy running out from behind the rock, not the guy you were originally aiming at.

e: sucks to be the guy you sniped unintentionally lol

Dude ain't even close to my dot when I pull the trigger, I should have hit nothing but air.

Thankfully, destiny is retarded.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

SpaceGoku posted:

Dude ain't even close to my dot when I pull the trigger, I should have hit nothing but air.

Thankfully, destiny is retarded.

Which dude are you talking about, though? The Titan you're originally aiming at got away, but the Warlock who is running out from behind the rock dies to the shot you meant for the Titan. You can see the Warlock's head moving right->left when the clip starts.

e: That Warlock probably was moving out from behind the rock at *just* the right frame for AA and movement interpolation (read: latency compensation) to make him take that bullet.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 4, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nitpicking pixel perfect shots in internet games is futile. If all parties had the absolute most perfect connections in the world they'd still be dealing with a 30ms round trip time for any information, which is plenty to produce "impossible" shots at the speed we play FPS games.

It doesn't matter if it's dedicated servers, p2p, or tin cans and twine.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

SpaceGoku posted:

Snipers feel hosed up atm.

Every special feels weird.

http://i.imgur.com/LFqVPkI.gifv

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Welp. I hope you enjoy being mapped by Dragon because that's all primary use is going to be from here on out. People mag dumping travel lanes until you're in shotty range.

Unpopular opinion: A 77/4 archetype pulse has no business being able to roll both HCR and Braced Frame together.

e: clarity

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 4, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

Unpopular opinion: A 77/4 archetype pulse has no business having HCR in the perk pool.

32/68 shotguns shouldn't exist either and yet they do.

Same goes for final round on snipers, field scout on heavies, and HCR on mida. And all that stuff existed too.

Bungie just kind of throwing poo poo at the wall until it sticks. :iiam:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Maybe if that guy had Memory of Radegast?

Lightning Knight posted:

You can sword block a tether and you might even be able to keep some ammo if it's off-element. I'm not sure what sword that guy has tho.
No artifact as the tether ultimately exploded where he was when I """"hit"""" him and the sword is Dreadfang, void, so the elements match.

It's DESTINY. Slightest bit of lag in a match, assblasted. Stayed positive but for two games which isn't bad when the tits fall off like so.

Mikey-San posted:

Unpopular opinion: A 77/4 archetype pulse has no business being able to roll both HCR and Braced Frame together.
This. But also, I'm gonna get one and unapologetically use it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i hope its the vendor roll

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CheeseFactory posted:

Wow, people actually using primaries.

haveblue posted:

Cool, only IB stuff I'm interested in.

quote:

Bungie just kind of throwing poo poo at the wall until it sticks.

More like Bungie has no idea what the gently caress its doing and Destiny was a happy little mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Alteisen posted:

More like Bungie has no idea what the gently caress its doing and Destiny was a happy little mistake.

I definitely trust you on this, you've spent enough money to make this judgment call

• Locked thread