Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Northstar, the little titan that could :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Ciaphas posted:

I mean he's right about the EVA-8

I've literally used no other gun after the first couple matches

That's true. The EVA owns but the mastiff is better if you can lead your targets.

Also the Volt owns, I dunno what you guys are smoking, its laser accurate at immense ranges from the hip. Granted the alternator has the best ironsights of any gun.

The G2 (and the DMR since they're the same gun) are actually absolute beasts. (but still boring to play with)

Devotion rules he is right about that.

Double take is a hot garbo projectile gun.

Grenadiers loving own. THEY OWN! EPG 4 life.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I find sniping isn't all that great unless the enemy team likes to camp on roofs. Then I just sit on an opposite roof cloaked and pick them all off. Otherwise everyone moves around way too much to score reliable hits. Popping people with a Kraber feels so drat good though.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I got the Kraber to level 20 so I could get the smiley face patch. The bullet speed is too slow for a fast paced game like this. Also the quick-scope perk is pretty much mandatory.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Nalin posted:

I got the Kraber to level 20 so I could get the smiley face patch. The bullet speed is too slow for a fast paced game like this. Also the quick-scope perk is pretty much mandatory.

I've only played SP so far but it seems like the Kraber doesn't no-scope accurately, is that your experience?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Afraid of Audio posted:

the fight, it's what you're born for

Bettah.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Polish Avenger posted:

I've only played SP so far but it seems like the Kraber doesn't no-scope accurately, is that your experience?

The kraber is meant to be a fun MLG360quikscope weapon and nothing else. It was my favorite thing in TF1 and it's even better now. Put the Mozambique in your secondary and you're ready to troll the poo poo outta all the scrubs that don't know how to parkour.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Elliotw2 posted:

I don't know why they force you to start with the marauder corps since it's not like each network does anything different. Let me pick the announcer for my first 300 matches instead of giving me the worst one.
People complained about there not being enough unlocks in TF1 so they added all the unlocks, ALL OF THEM

For real though if I wasn't saving 300 credits for the Grand Theft Semi-Auto execution I'd buy Apex just so I could always have Blisk as my announcer. Probably Barker's faction as tell

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What purpose does the Mozambique serve anyway? We've already got shotguns that don't replace your anti-Titan weapon :confused:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

What purpose does the Mozambique serve anyway? We've already got shotguns that don't replace your anti-Titan weapon :confused:

It's a shotgun with decent range.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I've only used pistols in pilot vs pilot, its like a lesser Mastiff and I like it.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Threw a grapple somewhere and accidentally hit someone who was invis, swung in and got the kill; shiiit I might have to turn Shadowplay back on.

New thing I love to do: arc grenade a titan, grapple to it, steal battery, hop off and arc it again mid-air and grapple back. Last game the battery steal got me to 100% so during the second arc+grapple I got to DROP A TITAN ON IT :black101:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I want to try the grapple especially as a devoted shotgunner but every time I try not using cloak + the gun perk that recharges pilot abilities on kills my game suffers hard on most maps (and especially more open ones)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I got the Target Camo and it's actually pretty cool, and unlike the Mountain Dew Camo or BF1 camo, you can apply it to every pilot, weapon or Titan.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've played enough of the single player to know that I want to play the mp more. Are there any sweet tips?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

verdigris murder posted:

I've played enough of the single player to know that I want to play the mp more. Are there any sweet tips?

The Floor Is Lava

That might seem like jest but I guaran-fuckin-tee that if you aren't wallrunning and jumping and sliding all the time you are going to do badly

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Do people post in LLJK for groups or is there a discord? I haven't idled in the channel much but it's always been quiet when I have.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

The Floor Is Lava

That might seem like jest but I guaran-fuckin-tee that if you aren't wallrunning and jumping and sliding all the time you are going to do badly
Cheers dude.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah it kinda blows that the helmets are just collectibles and don't unlock anything at all. At least throw me a skin or a banner or something drat.

I really like what Doom did. You just get 3D models of all the baddies in the game as you find each Collectible.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

verdigris murder posted:

OK if you want to try hard:

EVA/Mastiff are the best weapons in the game if used with stims/phase.

Perk order from best to worst: Phase - Stim - Cloak - Grapple - Radar - AWall - Holo

Titan order from best to worst: Tone - Legion - Ion - Northstar - Scorch - Ronin
(Though any titan can do well in the right hands)

Problematic titans? Best pilot loadout: Cloak, Silent rodeo, faster talent recharge, any gun (though a grenadier can also damage titans), archer (thunder bolt and charge rifle also good btu MGL does not mesh well with cloak). (Take amped weapons or anti-titan sentry boost).

Always move and run and wall run and bunny hop. Sliding also helps maintain momentum.

Elysiume posted:

Do people post in LLJK for groups or is there a discord? I haven't idled in the channel much but it's always been quiet when I have.

There is a discord in the OP that has a pretty healthy population.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

s.i.r.e. posted:

I got the Target Camo and it's actually pretty cool, and unlike the Mountain Dew Camo or BF1 camo, you can apply it to every pilot, weapon or Titan.
For real I was salty af when I found out I couldn't use the Red Baron camo on Legion

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Knifegrab posted:

OK if you want to try hard:

EVA/Mastiff are the best weapons in the game if used with stims/phase.

Perk order from best to worst: Phase - Stim - Cloak - Grapple - Radar - AWall - Holo

Titan order from best to worst: Tone - Legion - Ion - Northstar - Scorch - Ronin
(Though any titan can do well in the right hands)

Problematic titans? Best pilot loadout: Cloak, Silent rodeo, faster talent recharge, any gun (though a grenadier can also damage titans), archer (thunder bolt and charge rifle also good btu MGL does not mesh well with cloak). (Take amped weapons or anti-titan sentry boost).

Always move and run and wall run and bunny hop. Sliding also helps maintain momentum.

There is a discord in the OP that has a pretty healthy population.
Thanks man.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Just to be clear, you can really do well with pretty much everything in this game if you treat every area like a wasteland climbers/runners and cloakers will slink out of. Keep your head on a swivel, and typically keep moving.

In a straight head to head a titan will almost always have an advantage over a pilot. Engage it at a distance using cover or try and rodeo it up close when its distracted.

Stealing an enemy battery and giving it to a friendly will almost completely refill your build meter.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Remind me to grab one of these

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like when nobody kills your turret for some reason and you get like 10 kills for doing nothing

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Radintov & co, that was a fun match earlier! Also you made my team go apeshit. Good on you!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
When you go up against 5x sonar knife, maphack, tone spammers. You're not gonna have a good time!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks!

Extra Ammo counts:

ARs
R-201: 24/30
Hemlok: 24/30
G2: 14/18
Flatline: 30/?

SMGs
CAR: 30/?
Alternator: 20/25
Volt: 33/40
R-97: 40/?

LMGs
Spitfire: 80/96
L-Star: 35/? (sequential shots before overheat)
Devotion: 55/66

Shotguns
EVA-8: 6/10
Mastiff: 4/6

Snipers
Kraber: 4/7
Double Take: 12/16 (effectively 6/8)
DMR: 6/?

Launchers
Sidewinder: 20/25
EPG: 5/8
Softball: 6/?
Cold War: 12/?

Pistols
Hammond: 12/16
Mozambique: 4/7
RE-45: 20/25
Wingman: 6/?

Anti-Titan
Charge Rifle: reserve 20/25
MGL: 6/8, reserve 24/32
Thunderball: reserve 6/8
Archer: reserve 6/8

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 4, 2016

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Sultan Tarquin posted:

When you go up against 5x sonar knife, maphack, tone spammers. You're not gonna have a good time!

Especially when you spot that they're all in the same Network.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Radintov & co, that was a fun match earlier! Also you made my team go apeshit. Good on you!

Yeah that was great. Randomly running into other goons is always a hoot.

Was that the game where I flanked in the first round and set like three of your guys on fire from behind? :supaburn:

I'm firmly on the side of "Volt loving owns". I've taken it from level 8 to G2.10 or something today.

Also, Mixtape is the best playlist. Random game mode is a really nice way to play. Keeps it from being a dull rush of the same thing, and also you get better games because its generally not full of tryhardy groups or clanstacks. However, no-one who plays mixtape knows how to play hardpoint so those games are hilarious stomps.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Someone tell me- when does the EPG turn into a good gun? Goons were raving about it in Discord the other day, and while I've gotten some kills with it, I feel more effective using other weapons. What are the protips here?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxDADMLQfHCO6Z-hO0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Anyone want to defend the R-97? While shooting it sounds cool it seems like crap unless you're in melee range (and then you should just melee)

Orv
May 4, 2011

suboptimal posted:

Someone tell me- when does the EPG turn into a good gun? Goons were raving about it in Discord the other day, and while I've gotten some kills with it, I feel more effective using other weapons. What are the protips here?

It's probably the Tribes in me, but just shoot people in the face with it. The nice thing about Titanfall is that even as zippy as everyone is their paths are really predictable and don't change much once they start an action, and pilots landing after failing to extend a wall run are hilariously easy and predictable targets. Jump around like an idiot and spam it until you get the travel down.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lakbay posted:

Anyone want to defend the R-97? While shooting it sounds cool it seems like crap unless you're in melee range (and then you should just melee)

Flying around the map at the speed of light while you mulch everyone seems to work for me

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just got Titanfall 2 on PS4 and having this weird issue with the right stick. Seems whenever I hold my aim up or down the aim also drifts to the left aiming up, and to the right aiming down. This happens on two controllers I've tested. Tried messing with the deadzone, sensitivity and response curve. It only really kicks in if I push the stuck all the way up or down. Doesn't happen aiming left or right, though. Don't remember this during the beta either.

Edit: It's SORTA better setting the response curve to linear, deadzone to large and sensitivity to 2. But it's really weird for something I didn't notice in the beta and don't have with other shooters like Destiny that I just played yesterday.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 4, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Perfect - I couldn't find anything like that when I looked this morning, which is why I started listing ammo counts.

This should probably be in the OP.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Daztek posted:

Flying around the map at the speed of light while you mulch everyone seems to work for me

but you can do that with the other smgs and more easily??

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
A Northstar on Northstar flight core duel. Who wins? Nobody because it's a terrible core!

You can stand on a titans head with Northstar too. He actually walked around for a good 5 seconds without noticing before I fell off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Check this link out http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715171 and direct Discord invite link here: https://discord.gg/0T7R8Yx7hJeBAQKf

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Was it this match of LTS?

(not pictured: me eating a salvo core the next round)

Daztek posted:

The high-capacity magazine is also nice for people that have terrible aim like I do. :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 4, 2016