Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Wasn't it you who went on one my OpenHouse streams saying I was your uncle? Or was that someone else?

Wasn't that on twitter?
During that vietnam vet troll or what was it?

e: harmonized c a t t e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sld8NWT-noc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Did anyone say Wang Commander yet?

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

This is why I went to Citcon in 2014. I barely watched the presentation. I was too busy getting free drinks and laughing from the balcony level.

It was a safari and really entertaining. 5/5 would go again (this time with room spray, not even kidding).

That actually sounds fun. I also would enjoy drinking on a balcony and mocking the herd below. Of course as a man, I would be buying all my own drinks. Waaaaah.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

star marine
  • 6 v 6
  • with a lobby
  • with broken maps
  • with bad, bad lag
  • with no classes
  • with a really bad UI
  • with really bad cover mechanics
  • with really terrible bugs
  • with no vehicles because they can't make that poo poo work
  • with small, tight maps that aren't balanced
  • with no weapon balancing
  • with no idea how anything is supposed to work
roberts, release the 2.6

So, basically, a normal CIG release then.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Chin posted:

Once they get several NPC clones sitting down at a mess hall table and only slightly clipping through each other figured out I'm sure simulating bustling space-age metropolises will come very quickly.

I'm asking for a refund if the janitor, mop, and bucket do not bounce around realistically when they are getting attacked.
And they better have mo-capped being sucked out into space due to explosive decompression.
And goto the toilet twice a day.
And gently caress.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

It is indeed the dumbest thing they could do.

That's why they are 100% likely going to do it.

With all the lies and overhype, they've effectively painted themselves into a corner. They pretty well have to release something, no matter how pathetic, by the end of the year.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

Winners don't do drugs, kids

Pedos do kids.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheAgent posted:

star marine
  • 6 v 6
  • with a lobby
  • with broken maps
  • with bad, bad lag
  • with no classes
  • with a really bad UI
roberts, release the 2.6

gently caress that sounds sweet!

Hey, can anyone help me get a refund on Battlefield 1 so I can get Star Marine instead?

Battlefield is like a flat B game compared to Christ Roberts Star Marine AAAAAAA+ game.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I see Chris is a redhead now.

Deepo
Oct 8, 2012
Have we considered the possibility that Infinite Warfare IS Star Marine?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

Skip to any random point in that video and try to figure out what's happening.

Tried, seemed fine to me :shrug:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Krycek posted:

That helmet flip is the literal high point of the star shitizen project. Back then, Derek was still a backer, shitizens cheered during their :airquote:presentations:airquote: and most people thought crapplets was actually making a game to be released on time. Cribiblebops just wants to remember the good times. He has so few of them.

Wait, wait, wait...

I know i'm a little slow, but...
People were cheering for the helmet flip *unironically*?

I thought it was because the game kept crashing and kept being restarted and kept playing the same stupid helmet flip animation.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

As if CIG could deliver a vertical slice. More like a diagonal cut close to the border of the cake where you mostly get frosting.

$1000 frosting that can barely fly.

The reason CIG can't deliver a vertical slice is because Ben keeps eating them every time.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Deepo posted:

Have we considered the possibility that Infinite Warfare IS Star Marine?
there's a special thanks at the end of the credits

lol

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

there's a special thanks at the end of the credits

lol

"Thank gently caress Chris had nothing to do with this production."

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love how CIG has created an elitist caste within the community, and now reinforces how awesome that elitist caste is for all the have-nots. Nothing builds resentment like letting people know that they aren't special enough to get the good stuff.

So, when I was in high school, we had to watch a movie about those experiments where the teacher showed how people could have possibly supported the Nazi party. You know, the one where the kids go from zero to Lord of the Flies in the space of about for days?

Anyway, there is a scene in this movie where a dumpy looser, a real sperg, stands in front of his mirror at home and salutes himself with his armband or whatever insignia the teacher used. When this happened or whole class laughed and laughed because we were immature kids* and he was a real sperg.

In any case, this is the exact scene I remember when I think of the remaining crop that CIG is nurturing.**

*I may or may not have remained at this level, and refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

**PS: I'm currently at a restaurant and drinking. Am I crazy or had anyone else seen this movie. I hope my brain didn't make it up.

Oleyo fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 4, 2016

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Oleyo posted:

So, when I was in high school, we had to watch a movie about those experiments where the teacher showed how people could have possibly supported the Nazi party. You know, the one where the kids go from zero to Lord of the Flies in the space of about for days?

Anyway, there is a scene in this movie where a dumpy looser, a real sperg, stands in front of his mirror at home and salutes himself with his armband or whatever insignia the teacher used. When this happened or whole class laughed and laughed because we were immature kids* and he was a real sperg.

In any case, this is the exact scene I remember when I think of the remaining crop that CIG is nurturing.**

*I may or may not have remained at this level, and refuse to comment on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

PS: I'm currently at a restaurant and drinking. Am I crazy or had anyone else seen this movie. I hope my brain didn't make it up.
I know what you're talking about, it's a real movie based on a book. The book was something I'd read back in high school and was pretty much exactly as you described.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

orcinus posted:

Pedos do kids.

"That's him, in the 8 year old!!"

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

This made me laugh, because I picture Derek as always in 'YOLO Mode'

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

"That's him, in the 8 year old!!"

Am i horrible person for laughing at this?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

orcinus posted:

Am i horrible person for laughing at this?

No more so than I. :D

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

star marine
  • 6 v 6
  • with a lobby
  • with broken maps
  • with bad, bad lag
  • with no classes
  • with a really bad UI
roberts, release the 2.6
:whitewater:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

i'm pretty sure gorf did a big write-up on it at one point but when it comes to comparing a game to star citizen the only one that has been in an analogous position would be daikatana. wildly ambitious (for the time), spastically bloated budget, 'visionary' director with an impossible ego and no oversight publicly announcing impossible timeframes (originally slated to finish in 7 months), brand new company (it takes ages to build a company!), troubled development, insane rumors about impropriety and dev discontent etc. it's pretty much daikatana 2 only somehow on track to be even more of a failure.

Chris Roberts is about to make you his space slave.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

At this point it really is a process of hyping something as coming, but when it looks like it's not coming out because of all the reasons nothing comes out in this crazy as gently caress shell game, they drag something else out and obfuscate and not talk about the previous thing. Then the release frame they said was coming for the new thing gets close, they stop talking about it but hey check out new thing!

Intersperse that with ship sales. That's the Star Citizen experience at this point. The backers are happy with this because they don't want to admit it's a clusterfuck, but the fatigue is setting in and the windows of hype-to-FUD are getting smaller.

*Taps nose*

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

star marine
  • 6 v 6
  • with a lobby
  • with broken maps
  • with bad, bad lag
  • with no classes
  • with a really bad UI
roberts, release the 2.6

wtfosaurus would probably like this.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

TheAgent posted:

also did tom sawyer really say "I consider it a 2nd gen matchmaking system."

what the gently caress does that even mean

Maybe he meant 2nd rate.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

As part of the Evocati could you please tell me where the gently caress are you getting this?

Is there an issue council bug tracker on the ptu rsi website that you can view?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
STANDING ON STRUT ROOF SECTION AT PORT OLISAR RENDERS BODY INVISIBLE

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 EVA to roof of a Strut (any strut) at port olisar
2 jump down or land at the marked area in the picture
3 notice assets (guns), ammo, helmet) remain but body disappears, when you jump your body reappears

ACTUAL RESULT
While running around on a Port Olisar strut roof, there is a section which has artificial gravity and when you run into the affect area your body disappears leaving only item assets (guns, ammo, helmet) visible. This is also not armour specific.

EXPECTED RESULT
Expect your body to not disappear, possibly floor position problem causing glitch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol at IW single player being everything cultist wanted in SQ42 except for the incredibly stupid clunkier than arma shooting.

SQ42 still has the exclusive rights to fart sniffing alien dogfighters so...thats worth something

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just wanted to point out another 100% leak confirmed by atv today

TheAgent posted:

• the new arena FPS maps are still buggy as hell (clipping, wall walking, etc) and have to get redone
  • the replacement arena maps are areas that have been wholly lifted from current areas, like grimhex

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

AP posted:

STANDING ON STRUT ROOF SECTION AT PORT OLISAR RENDERS BODY INVISIBLE

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 EVA to roof of a Strut (any strut) at port olisar
2 jump down or land at the marked area in the picture
3 notice assets (guns), ammo, helmet) remain but body disappears, when you jump your body reappears

ACTUAL RESULT
While running around on a Port Olisar strut roof, there is a section which has artificial gravity and when you run into the affect area your body disappears leaving only item assets (guns, ammo, helmet) visible. This is also not armour specific.

EXPECTED RESULT
Expect your body to not disappear, possibly floor position problem causing glitch.

Almost all their problems feel like they were inherited from turning players into fake noclip spaceships. How the hell does one object trigger that for player entity, I just :psyduck:

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
Anyone heard anything about Floor 2.0 technology? I bet it'll be groundbreaking.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
backers still think 2.6 is just weeks away and that 3.0 can still land in december

:lol:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
poo poo I keep forgetting I'm a backer

roberts, release the 2.6

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fidelity question

Can you walk through other spacemen? Is it on purpose?

If yes does that not ruin precious immersion?

If no lol what a loving stupid mechanic for an mmo.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

Seriously though TheAgent, if it's as bad as you describe I can't imagine them releasing it. I mean, I expect that the remaining backers would gladly be poo poo on and ask for more. But SM being that broken, after it's been weeks not months for the last year is going to wake up at least a few people.

Not a huge amount mind you, but I can't see it as a positive.

I don't think you have actually played current, or even seen pgabz vids at least?

Current is shite and CIG didn't bat an eyelid a year ago to drop that 2.0 shite.

Why do you think it will hesitate this time? The Brown Sea swallows all.

After being the gaming community laughing stock for more than a year with all time favorites such as "weeks, not months" and "it's already in the game, I am annoyed if you ask" (thanks G0rf, where is G0rf?) there is zero chances SM will not drop this year. If it is true QA has "a build" of some kind for it, it will drop no matter what before year end.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 4, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Oleyo posted:

**PS: I'm currently at a restaurant and drinking. Am I crazy or had anyone else seen this movie. I hope my brain didn't make it up.

That sounds like The Wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vdfb2f-B0

It's pretty good.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ahh, so this is finally the 2.6 damage control episode.

lol, he wen't back to the UK to shoot more performance capture for 3.0. But don't worry, 3.0 is being worked on at the same time as 2.6 and might even get released first!

Chris's nervous laughter as he says that 2.6 is coming soon.
:discourse:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fidelity question

Can you walk through other spacemen? Is it on purpose?

If yes does that not ruin precious immersion?

If no lol what a loving stupid mechanic for an mmo.

If no we're going to have Habbo Hotel and the Path all over again. :geno: :geno: :geno: Where are you going citizen. :geno: :geno: :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At this point it's obvious that Roberts isn't selling a game anymore so much as he's selling time. He's making GBS threads himself knowing that like Derek said the game as pitched will never be possible and he's built on impossibly broken code that is going to take years to get working even a tenth of what he originally pitched. He's selling time for himself with all the refactoring and introducing new ships and randomly breaking down new employees with vague statements saying things need fixed. He's hosed and working on a way to get out of it with the least amount of damage to his own ego. The game has probably been second to ego preservation for quite some time now.

• Locked thread