Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Glad to see they're tweaking Suez to add more capture points and extend the capture radius of the ones in the village. That map can be some fresh, hot bullshit.

edit: Noticed this, like, a day later, but I didn't mean to say they extended the radius, since they did the opposite. Doesn't really matter, though.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I wish support had the placeable AT mines. What the hell am I supposed to do with one limpet mine? Assault should be the class trying to tag vehicles.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

sunday at work posted:

I wish support had the placeable AT mines. What the hell am I supposed to do with one limpet mine? Assault should be the class trying to tag vehicles.

I've mostly been using it as a wall/door buster

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sunday at work posted:

you can restock your own explosives

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Got a party up in Battlegoons. Probably gonna stick to Operations for a while.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

you can restock your own explosives

Runs up and sticks limpet to tank
Runs back to ammo crate
One one thousand two one thousand three
Gets exploded to gently caress by tank

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Realizes anti rocket gun and demo charges are the way to go

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
If you want the BF4 experience of throwing C4 on tanks, the way to go is to run Assault and the AT mines. Run up to side of tank, drop three mines, then throw a grenade at them. The explosion is pretty much a guaranteed kill on any tank variant and the radius is huge.

EDIT: Plus half the time the game will report that you killed a tank with a grenade, which has to be the most :wtc: thing to the tank driver.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 4, 2016

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I got the sweetest multikill on st. Quentin today at C. Some fuckers tried to take it in a tank so I ran in front of that bitch, dropped 3 mines, and nuked the lot. What made it sweeter was the bonus 2 for 1 because it exploded the armored car following behind too. I even survived! Did I remember to record it? Did I gently caress.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Finger Prince posted:

Runs back to ammo crate

Crates are just not good. The pouch will refill your mine in about eight seconds, and you often get a crit with limpets, knocking out the guns on the side of a heavy, or a sponson in a landship, so you can feasibly side-hug it until you get a fresh one.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Finger Prince posted:

Runs back to ammo crate

you want to use ammo packs for restocking explosives, it's much faster and you can do it on the move, which helps with the getting exploded thing

multiple limpet charges would be much better from a support perspective (and I'd prefer it), but it would also make support players who get close to tanks instantly fatal to the tank rather than just quite dangerous which seems to be how DICE wants it

as it stands though I'm definitely much more inclined to take them for bunker busting than as a preferred means of dealing with vehicles

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'd prefer the limpets to be proximity based, rather than time. :dice: has turned it's back on the jihad style of enemy tank management, and those sidecar motorcycles are begging for it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
drat lovely vehicle spawn system. Yes mr pubbie please drive your lovely heavy tank directly into the enemy spawn on rush then abandon it when it's immobilized so they can have it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

LGD posted:

you want to use ammo packs for restocking explosives, it's much faster and you can do it on the move, which helps with the getting exploded thing

multiple limpet charges would be much better from a support perspective (and I'd prefer it), but it would also make support players who get close to tanks instantly fatal to the tank rather than just quite dangerous which seems to be how DICE wants it

as it stands though I'm definitely much more inclined to take them for bunker busting than as a preferred means of dealing with vehicles

Oh cool, I didn't know that. I've been using crates because I thought they worked like BF4 where only crates would refill explosives (iirc).

red19fire posted:

I'd prefer the limpets to be proximity based, rather than time. :dice: has turned it's back on the jihad style of enemy tank management, and those sidecar motorcycles are begging for it.

Yesssss. I wonder if this would work with mines...

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I know this is a pretty well known story but its still like

my favorite thing

Miodrag Tomić's wikipedia posted:

On 15 August, Tomić encountered an enemy plane while conducting a reconnaissance flight over Austria-Hungary. The Austro-Hungarian aviator initially waved at Tomić, who waved back. The enemy pilot then took a revolver and began shooting at Tomić's plane. Within weeks, all Serbian and Austro-Hungarian aircraft were armed

Like just imagine you've been flying recon over the trenches for weeks and you keep seeing the same dude on the other side flying recon and you guys wave and salute and throw gang signs at each other every day and over time you think about like hm maybe i might be gay and then one day you throw a brick just for fun and it fuckin beans him right in the head and his plane flips over and goes straight down all BBBBBZZZZZzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnn and it's the funniest thing you've ever seen in your life but it's also the first human being you've ever killed

And you also just invetnted dogfighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifll-qJMX_Y

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Also way too many things happened last night but here is a moving picture of one
http://i.imgur.com/wrwffYW.gifv

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

Also way too many things happened last night but here is a moving picture of one
http://i.imgur.com/wrwffYW.gifv

Dude what is your PSN name? I want in on these zany Battlefield gif experiences. I'm mustardeleven

PS your SW Battlefront vids are *kisses fingers like an Italian chef*

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Runs back to ammo crate

maybe you are not meant to win the vital tank vs single support matchup

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

maybe you are not meant to win the vital tank vs single support matchup

Listen, 31 times out of 32 I'm the only motherfucker even trying!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Confirmed: Slamming a gate down on a cavalry will hurt them.

I was so astounded I forgot to finish him off.

http://xboxclips.com/Beastie+Bomber/2e8b7dde-3011-4587-864f-933b2e66b67c

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just picked up a sentry kit for the first time ever. Wow, it really is bad.
Takes forever to reload, only a 25 rounds magazine and the recoil is incredibly bad. Nothing "elite" about that kit whatsoever.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

shut up blegum posted:

Takes forever to reload, only a 25 rounds magazine and the recoil is incredibly bad. Nothing "elite" about that kit whatsoever.

That kit has gotten me so many kills. Just burst fire it and you can mow down entire squads with one clip.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Looselybased posted:

That kit has gotten me so many kills. Just burst fire it and you can mow down entire squads with one clip.

Yea, it's pretty awesome. You're guaranteed a bunch of kills if you pick it up, basically.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
In the last two days I both drove a blimp and got a bunch of kills and got that dreadnought artillery spot and went 22-0 with it. Each time got me two level-ups as well.

I was pretty bummed about assault class until I got the A10 shotgun. A10 + rocket gun for long range is a pretty good setup.

I shot a horse with a biplane.

A good game.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

did you know you can throw them?
the range isn't great, not like a grenade more like throwing the dynamite but magnetic and I think they stick if you hit it right

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 4, 2016

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Patrol boat visibility is loving atrocious but so far the firepower is on par with BC2 Vietnam (blast from teh past). Maybe the dastardly Turks just didn't have the right firepower to take me out but my buddy stranded me by dying and I mowed down 6 or 7 infantrymen before a plane strafed me to death.

Knightmare posted:

I was pretty bummed about assault class until I got the A10 shotgun. A10 + rocket gun for long range is a pretty good setup.

definitely shotgun is great. Love going house to house in Amiens just blasting dudes.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

red19fire posted:

Limpet charges are also good for getting mans that are behind a wall/door.

edit:grammar

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They need to have the support class do the bayonet charge scream when he just unloads on full auto with his lmg

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Fried Watermelon posted:

They need to have the support class do the bayonet charge scream when he just unloads on full auto with his lmg

There are times when I suddenly realize something has been missing in my life and I didn't even know it. This is one of them.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I don't think that's needed since I already do that screaming on my own

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

http://xboxclips.com/Ice+Pube8/e7bf90a0-b27e-429d-a7d8-6d61f79b1ebe

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13bZ6PmapNY

Yeah! I got this pilot thing down.
oops, wrong button let's just move back to... well I've made a horrible mistake

playing with fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-q3VgR9p20

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Battlefield 1: I shot a horse with a biplane

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

There's a second more common variant with a 200 round lmg that you get instead

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Battlefield 1: I shot a horse with a biplane

Even more fun is Battlefield 1: I punted a horse with a tank.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLQCj5VufM

BF1: Horse Killing Simulator

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This game should let you double stack on item variants, like let me roll with the spotting flare AND the blinding flare jfc

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
So it turns out that my autoaim was on, not off, and I just do really suck. Got 4 kills on Fao Fortress though. Maybe I need to stop playing medic and just start sniping.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gynecolojustice posted:

So it turns out that my autoaim was on, not off, and I just do really suck. Got 4 kills on Fao Fortress though. Maybe I need to stop playing medic and just start sniping.

I wouldn't expect to suck at aiming any less as a sniper. The nice thing about having 32 mans on your team these days is that you make much less difference as an individual so whatever snipe away!

*cue 10 people thinking the exact same thing, teams might as well be 16 again*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
Sometimes the spawn system really screws you, but every now and then it puts you right where you want to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWF7oSj1PJQ

getting an instant payback kill. feels good, man