Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Uh.... the update ate my Golden Grin and tiara trophies. What the gently caress.

Same for me as well.

Also, does it seem like we have about twice the number of taser spawns after the update? At least on the new map anyways.

Metalocalypse fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man I restarted Golden Grin so many times because my spotter kept backing into guards while in casing mode. I don't want to go do it again god drat it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Don't worry about the trophies, the cause has been identified and will be fixed(file cleanup name change mistake), and the trophy progress is still saved.

edit: There's a Clover mega mask, confirming that she's going to be one of the Mane Six Big Four. It is functioning as the PaydayCon 2016 mask, and like the last ones, will be made available through various contests.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 4, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Don't worry about the trophies, the cause has been identified and will be fixed(file cleanup name change mistake), and the trophy progress is still saved.

edit: There's a Clover mega mask, confirming that she's going to be one of the Mane Six Big Four. It is functioning as the PaydayCon 2016 mask, and like the last ones, will be made available through various contests.

I hope that CoP owners will automatically get it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

spit on my clit posted:

I hope that CoP owners will automatically get it

Much as I'd love for that to happen, it looks like it's giveaways only.

edit:...dangit, no one ever replied and gave me a Jack mask code.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 4, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Well darn, maybe Pete Gold will have another "DM me on twitter for a code" thing so i wont have to rely on luck

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

Well darn, maybe Pete Gold will have another "DM me on twitter for a code" thing so i wont have to rely on luck

Seconded.

All I have is the Joker E3 mask because I clicked on Reddit on the right time. The lack of completionism kills me. That and some of the giveaway ones are so cool.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I've won the Jack mask on two separate occasions and not actually gotten the code- including once when they sent me a Joker code instead by mistake. Augh. I just needed it and the kawaii dozer to complete my collection...

edit: I love how there's a GRIN inside the Wolf Risen mask.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I touched the :pubstove: and got badly burned today.

Tried to do the 15 card achievement for the new heist on Mayhem.. These people went though an entire doctor bag between just 2 card pickups. :suicide:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
safehouse nightmare: even on 1D, fairly easy
prison nightmare: not so easy on 1D, but we did it :stonk:
4:44 achievement: is bullshit unless there's some sort of secret shortcut I'm unaware of

as in: if you aren't off the zipline by 4:44, you fail. Guess how annoying that was when I got off the zipline at 4:45!

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 4, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

We got cloaker gold in a drop right next to the vent. Completed with like 57 bags despite only two gold runs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is it me or did they gently caress up how fire works in safe house nightmare and sometimes does Sawn Song not trigger in fire?

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
I accidentally got the :spooky:, but I have no idea where it was. I guess my advice is to spam lots of incendiary grenades?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crabtree posted:

Is it me or did they gently caress up how fire works in safe house nightmare and sometimes does Sawn Song not trigger in fire?

I dont remember it ever working from dying while on fire

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

THE CHORSE posted:

I accidentally got the :spooky:, but I have no idea where it was. I guess my advice is to spam lots of incendiary grenades?

Doubt my experience will help anyone find it, but I found :spooky: on one of the hoops behind the prison (behind the loot door's controls). It was very visible.

spit on my clit posted:

I dont remember it ever working from dying while on fire

Yeah, it's not supposed to work if you die from fire damage. SHN fire doesn't do damage tho.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I've read on the steam forums that the pumpkin trophy is host-only, which probably doesn't help matters. I'm going to assume a nice screenshot guide will be put together soon, but nothing yet that I found.

getting back to the 100% club was enough. 535/535 ... until they add more :negative:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
There's a thread for it now, at least.

Easy list:

Top of shelf/cabinet in the very first side office to the right after entering the prison.
Top of shelf/cabinet inside the infirmary.
Top of one of the wall support struts in the laundry room.
On one of the basketball hoop rims.

And from another thread, apparently behind one of the fence/black fabric spots near a set of stairs, just sitting on a junk pile.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
AUGH gently caress THIS GAME!

Was running toward the zipline with 15 whole loving seconds left for the achievement and then it loving spawns a cloaker right in front of my face.

Edit: HAHAHA! Did it again and this time it was a loving tazer. Why can't I just get the shields I get every time it isn't so close?

Edit 2: Finally got it. I also picked up Almir's Toast from the bridge. And now it occurs to me you could probably just cheese it with multiple people by some going to do the actual escape and objective and some just standing by the zipline, huh?

djw175 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Nov 4, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

djw175 posted:

Edit 2: Finally got it. I also picked up Almir's Toast from the bridge. And now it occurs to me you could probably just cheese it with multiple people by some going to do the actual escape and objective and some just standing by the zipline, huh?

They thought of that. All players need to gather next to the switch box in order to trigger the final escape sequence.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

John Murdoch posted:

They thought of that. All players need to gather next to the switch box in order to trigger the final escape sequence.

Do you need to get a key card drop from the wheel to get it? I tried some speed runs yesterday for the 4:44 cheevo and couldn't come close - and we weren't wasting much time.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Nope. I hosed around solo and you can absolutely reach a near-4:44 time just by playing the map straight. The problem is dealing with the long list of bullshit ways you can get hosed over. Taser ambushes you while you're setting up the second drill, you get stuck on the 6,000 poorly clipped props, you get physicsed in some dumb way while trying to take a shortcut between levels, the second wheel gives you a combination that's a pain in the rear end to defend properly, or you just get body blocked by all the bullshit standing between you and the zipline. Oh, and obviously which second wheel location you get in the first place.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

John Murdoch posted:

Nope. I hosed around solo and you can absolutely reach a near-4:44 time just by playing the map straight. The problem is dealing with the long list of bullshit ways you can get hosed over. Taser ambushes you while you're setting up the second drill, you get stuck on the 6,000 poorly clipped props, you get physicsed in some dumb way while trying to take a shortcut between levels, the second wheel gives you a combination that's a pain in the rear end to defend properly, or you just get body blocked by all the bullshit standing between you and the zipline. Oh, and obviously which second wheel location you get in the first place.

Honestly I found both second wheels about the same difficulty. If it's out in the courtyard, you go up the stairs, shoot out the window, and jump to it, you'll ge tot that one faster than you would the other one. It takes a bit longer to head back, but I think it basically evens out.

Really the biggest thing is route optimization. Things like avoiding the police car out front, jumping the stairs, not getting caught on the planks and stuff like that adds up. One that took me a bit to realize is that when you enter the prison and come to the big room, always hang right instead of left. It's closer to both doors and shaves off about 2-3 seconds. Always be looking at the keycard spawner when it spawns. Figure out the fastest route upstairs. (I used the staircase in that room where I recommended to jump out the window to get to the court) Don't get stuck on the door into the escape keycard reader. It's not particularly well collisioned. Don't forget to pull the lever after inserting the keycard. (I hosed up on that costing myself a run twice) Jump off the ledge to get to the lower floor instead of taking the staircase. Sprint out the doors onto the bridge you entered the prison from. Hope to loving god they didn't spawn a cloaker or a tazer near the ziplines.

You do have to be in a suit with parkour aced. I'm not even sure a light ballistic vest would be fast enough. Like it probably would be, but this is really tight and you want all the help you can get.

Edit: Also important! Once you get off the zipline keep on running. It's not the zipline that triggers it. It's about halfway onto the first train car.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
After having just lost a promising run because the use key decided to not activate the zipline, twice, I think I'm done trying for this shitshow of an achievement until Overkill optimizes the map or otherwise tweaks the difficulty in some fashion.

Needing to go full :spergin: levels of route optimization to avoid lovely map design to even come close to a viable time is loving stupid.

Edit: Seriously seems like you need to two man it and just Inspire circlejerk the whole way through.

Edit2: As is traditional with these sorts of things, after bitching about it, it suddenly just happens. The Inspire circlejerk is probably a way more reliable and sensible way of doing it, albeit not something you can do solo.

The game changing tip was this one:

djw175 posted:

Sprint out the doors onto the bridge you entered the prison from.
I was using the side door this entire time. I never even realized you could just go back out the main door. Though something I wish I had known ahead of time was that you have to exit via that alleyway path no matter what because the doorway you use to enter the main room the first time gets blocked during the escape. That wasted a run.

The rest of the above tips aren't strictly necessary, outside of the very obvious jump down from the escape switch to the stair landing just below, and I even did it in an LBV. For instance, I used the same left side, escape alleyway route to the courtyard wheel I've used the whole time. No wacky jumps through windows necessary.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 4, 2016

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The whole achievement is a pain. I imagine it would be an even larger pain doing it with others.

That said, I managed to do it solo.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

John Murdoch posted:

Needing to go full :spergin: levels of route optimization to avoid lovely map design to even come close to a viable
The rest of the above tips aren't strictly necessary, outside of the very obvious jump down from the escape switch to the stair landing just below, and I even did it in an LBV. For instance, I used the same left side, escape alleyway route to the courtyard wheel I've used the whole time. No wacky jumps through windows necessary.

Yeah it's definitely not all strictly necessary. Just, the more things you get right the more things you can get wrong. I still couldn't loving get in the door immediately even on my 25th run. Luckily through route optimization I didn't need the extra time that would have saved.

But yeah, gently caress the collision on this mission. It's only vaguely noticeable going through it, but running through it is super noticeable.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TopHatGenius posted:

The whole achievement is a pain. I imagine it would be an even larger pain doing it with others.

That said, I managed to do it solo.

Solo? Congrats. Seriously.

That said, I think a group wasn't a larger pain: People can clear shields and tasers out of your path as they run with you and also inspire you to get that extra second or two of time. A well-placed inspire right as you exit the front door and have that nice straight run up to the zipline hill? goooooood. The downside is having to do it twice, minimum, for the whole group to get it.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Psion posted:

Solo? Congrats. Seriously.

That said, I think a group wasn't a larger pain: People can clear shields and tasers out of your path as they run with you and also inspire you to get that extra second or two of time. A well-placed inspire right as you exit the front door and have that nice straight run up to the zipline hill? goooooood. The downside is having to do it twice, minimum, for the whole group to get it.

It was annoying enough doing it on my own where I could easily take breaks and only blame me or the game for failing. I don't even want to imagine that annoyance feeding into other people's.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The downside to driving myself insane doing this dumb poo poo solo is that inevitably a bunch of other goons are going to want help with it sooner or later anyway and I probably could've just waited. But what else am I going to do at 8am with nobody around?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I've done my part in writing that small guide. I loving refuse to touch that speedrun again. Now I just need to do the other two achievements.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
My winning strategy for going solo or whatever is Concussion Grenades.

Once the first wheel hits green 00, toss a conc out into the crowd. By the time you're done tossing it and have control back the keycard will just have appeared. When you start running the conc will go off. Toss another conc on the way to the card reader. Toss another conc after the second wheel hits green 00 and run to the escape card reader. Once you activate the switch, jump down and toss a conc on the way down too. Out on the main courtyard toss a conc. Before you get up to the stairs leading to the ziplines, toss a conc onto that area. Almost all the time a taser or cloaker spawns there.

I love Concussion Grenades.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Shooting Blanks posted:

No clue on the pumpkin, but I'm pretty sure the speed run for the new heist is impossible if you don't get a keycard on your spin. At best, if you hit everything perfectly AND you're at the zip line when it appears you may make it.

Yeah, we knocked it out pretty easily as well. Prison Nightmare looks to be a challenge on 1D though...and the 15 keycards one is going to be an interesting challenge, it sounds kinda fun. I'm also curious if there's a hidden trophy/achievement if you get all the warheads at the end.

The time window is extremely tight. When I did it, I was setting up the first drill as soon as possible, got two bad results on the spin, then it finished counting down and I got the key.
Sprinted over to the next wheel, which was in the basketball court. Same thing. Went straight for the exit and made it with 1 second to spare.

Was wearing LBV with a crook-dodge build. Didn't go down, didn't get cloaked, didn't get tazed, didn't get shield punched.
I used turrets to distract the cops since I wasn't confident in my better-bots partners to draw enough fire. Problem is you only really have time to deploy them while the wheel is spinning.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Man I restarted Golden Grin so many times because my spotter kept backing into guards while in casing mode. I don't want to go do it again god drat it.

Hit me up in the discord, I've got a fool-proof way of doing it.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 4, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm told there are several Discords. Could someone tell me all of them so I can huck them into the OP?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Plan Z posted:

I'm told there are several Discords. Could someone tell me all of them so I can huck them into the OP?

This is the only Payday-specific one I know about https://discord.gg/P26PcDs

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ebony and Ivory, live together in perfect harmony:

https://twitter.com/EricEtebari/status/794672930462449665

Daimon is such a dork (which is awesome :swoon:).

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/EricEtebari/status/794723648779059200

Incoming dance moves.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
damion is my favorite

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I really want to see a Dallas and Chains buddy criminal movie someday. They have great charisma.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I don't give a poo poo about Payday I want to see the Damion & Eric: Best Friends show

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Don't mind this. It's just Damion Poitier dancing like a badass.

https://www.periscope.tv/EricEtebari/1PlJQkZwZvzKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

IndianaZoidberg posted:

Don't mind this. It's just Damion Poitier dancing like a badass.

https://www.periscope.tv/EricEtebari/1PlJQkZwZvzKE

Busting heads like a mad fool