Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Drifter posted:

What's teh manga ending? Spoil it, please.

I also liked the ending to the movie. Hell, the whole movie was pretty fantastic.

It turns out you can't escape the time loop while there are two "returners" in it, so Cruise and Blunt's characters wind up fighting to the death. Cruise wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
At this point Deadpool 2 will just be Reynolds taking a big series of selfie shots in the costume

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bring back old gbs posted:

At this point Deadpool 2 will just be Reynolds taking a big series of selfie shots in the costume

I wouldn't be against this.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Dexo posted:

Well gently caress that movie then.

The MSJ posted:

Isn't the cameo in Justice League, instead of Flash?

Christ I'm hoping that is it. The news that she was going to cameo in JL was just yesterday so I could see it getting accidentally conflated with the (super upsetting) Famuyiwa news. It would seem odd for her character to cameo in JL but have little presence in the Flash. Also, it would seem even odder for definitive story changes to be announced before they even have a new director.

Man, I hope they get their poo poo together, the Flash has been my favorite character since I was 10 and I hope they don't gently caress this up. It should be obvious I am super forgiving with super hero movies, but I don't want them to try to do something "safe" and end up doing some formulaic half-assed poo poo instead.

Cage posted:

What a buttnut.

huh?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If I had loyalty to Tim Miller, which I do not, it would have instantly vanished the moment I learned that his rebound project was a loving Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Dude you're on your own.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Sonic owns.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If I had loyalty to Tim Miller, which I do not, it would have instantly vanished the moment I learned that his rebound project was a loving Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Dude you're on your own.
ehhh, the guy made his career turning other people's characters into pretty badass uncanny-valley almost-photo-realistic CG animations. I'd argue a 90 minute cutscene is the perfect followup. It's not like you need a burning passion for every project you say yes to, sometimes you just want to coast for a year or so on Sony's dime.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 3, 2016

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Hell yeah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's about time he got his due.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Good thing he isn't making it then.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
People have to work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKqevFXyGd8&t=26s

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cage posted:

What a buttnut.

Honestly, I've seen Deadpool four or five times now (it's my wife's favorite Saturday morning movie when she's nursing a hangover) and I swear I can't recall a single thing about the score. Junkie XL's work (both in Deadpool and his other stuff like Fury Road) just doesn't do anything for me.

In any event, I'm sure he'll be replaced with some other Zimmer robot.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timby posted:

Honestly, I've seen Deadpool four or five times now (it's my wife's favorite Saturday morning movie when she's nursing a hangover) and I swear I can't recall a single thing about the score. Junkie XL's work (both in Deadpool and his other stuff like Fury Road) just doesn't do anything for me.

Randy Newman scoring Deadpool as if it was a Pixar movie

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just remember the credits song.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Timby posted:

His Fury Road and BvS stuff is great, but yeah, even having seen Deadpool, I was unaware he did the soundtrack.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Timby posted:

Same, except I loved the scores to Fury Road and BvS. No big loss on Deadpool, its score made zero impression on me.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Slugworth posted:

His Fury Road and BvS stuff is great, but yeah, even having seen Deadpool, I was unaware he did the soundtrack.

The only thing I remember about Deadpool's score is that parts of it sound like the intro to Michael Jackson's Bad.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wait DMX didn't score Deadpool?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Seriously, I can't remember any music beyond "X gonna give it to ya." And I usually love his scores too.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MorgaineDax posted:

Seriously, I can't remember any music beyond "X gonna give it to ya." And I usually love his scores too.

How could you forget Shoop?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I remember the deadpool song while he's on a killing spree because at some point a chrous ~*sexy motherfucker*~ which is pretty great.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Tom is to Tim as Tails is to Sonic.

Just grab him by the hands and fly away together.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You know, while I REALLY like the WonderWoman violin theme from BvS, I have to say it sounds really out of place and awkward when it's put into the (really neat) trailer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Deadpool's score owns. The main theme is very hummable. I'm sorry you guys gave weird boring ears.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Random Comic Movie Tidbits:

- Kevin Feige says that there will be a team up between Iron Man and Doctor Strange in Infinity War and it will continue in movies afterwards. He hinted that they respect each other, but also kind of hate each other for having similar personalities and the magic / tech divide.

(This is my personal speculation, but it looks like they are phasing out the original Avengers solo movies and having them do team-ups and cameos in new character movies.)

This is what all of phase 2 and 3 should have been in my opinion. It was dumb as hell to introduce all these characters together and then never use them together.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

e: actually i cannot find the theme song online

I cant remember a single song from the soundtrack aside from the old 90s stuff. Listening to whatever is on Youtube is just like - ok? Kinda boring. Maybe you just have boring taste. :cheeky:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 4, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm going to speak for the unwashed masses and assert that 99% of people will not be able to remember 99% of any movie score.

The most memorable movie scores are all pop culture icons that have been repeated over and over or theme songs. I doubt the score of Deadpool 2 is going to impact the quality in any way.

Semi-related, but Doctor Strange's end credits song is really good. I have no idea if I could identify it in a year though.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
People complained about Ep. VII not having as memorable music when leaving the theater last xmas, holding it up against scores they've memorized over 18,000 viewings and declaring John Williams had lost it because it wasn't catchy enough I guess.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Electromax posted:

People complained about Ep. VII not having as memorable music when leaving the theater last xmas, holding it up against scores they've memorized over 18,000 viewings and declaring John Williams had lost it because it wasn't catchy enough I guess.

I mean just as one example the Wonder Woman theme is a lot more memorable than anything in TFA (or the rest of BvS outside of the Man of Steel references, to be fair).

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Elfgames posted:

This is what all of phase 2 and 3 should have been in my opinion. It was dumb as hell to introduce all these characters together and then never use them together.

Yea goddamn agreed. I would not be excited for hulk 2 or Thor 3 but I am pumped for Thor+hulk. Plus stuff like not having Captain America at all involved in the rescue of the POTUS in IM3 or Tony even being on a phone call in Winter Soldier was a weird waste.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

computer parts posted:

I mean just as one example the Wonder Woman theme is a lot more memorable than anything in TFA (or the rest of BvS outside of the Man of Steel references, to be fair).

Yeah. I guess I'd credit that more to the instrument choice than the melody. If it was a regular orchestra I think it would've blended in with the rest... it did sound a little jarring to me tacked on to the end of the newest trailer, but I like it on its own.

I found Under the Skin to be one of the more memorable scores recently, but not in the same way people mean when they bring up Star Wars or Indiana Jones or Back to the Future themes. But I was more suggesting that kids in 2030 who grew up watching Ep. VII might consider the music iconic by then just via exposure. I feel like this came up recently and it devolved into debates about 'hummability' and stuff which is kind of a dead end, I just roll my eyes at those few people expecting something new to instantly recapture a childhood of feelings that marinated over a lifetime.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't be stupid, you don't need nostalgia to appreciate the Star Wars score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyqxWU1QkrE

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Guy A. Person posted:

Yea goddamn agreed. I would not be excited for hulk 2 or Thor 3 but I am pumped for Thor+hulk. Plus stuff like not having Captain America at all involved in the rescue of the POTUS in IM3 or Tony even being on a phone call in Winter Soldier was a weird waste.

Maybe once Thanos is taken care of the movies after that can be split between Character Introduction solo films and team-up films that can make for fun pairings and taken characters out of their usual milieu. Not "Avengers X: Subtitle" that requires everybody and not Civil War which was Avengers 2.5 and had characters pop in like a Marvel vs. Capcom assist but a whole movie built around only the specific 2-3 heroes.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't be stupid, you don't need nostalgia to appreciate the Star Wars score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyqxWU1QkrE

Didn't say you did, but thanks for calling me stupid. Just don't know why those folks dismissed stuff like this as unmemorable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE1osxZvkMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gaia Gear has one of the best Star Wars(-style) soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRku6aqf5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLPxFAsodN8

I'd put it easily above TFA, and probably ATC too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I preferred it the first time around in Last Crusade.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

Deadpool's score owns. The main theme is very hummable. I'm sorry you guys gave weird boring ears.

There's absolutely nothing memorable about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVWV5td7xc

feedmyleg posted:

I preferred it the first time around in Last Crusade.

That Last Crusade bit is also used in Williams' Nixon score, and the piece from Force Awakens is extremely similar to the invasion of Naboo from Phantom Menace.

Timby fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 4, 2016

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

CelticPredator posted:

Anyone who self-admittedly only listens to movie scores does not get to say this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electromax posted:

Didn't say you did, but thanks for calling me stupid. Just don't know why those folks dismissed stuff like this as unmemorable:

The best score in the world can be completely unmemorable if it's used poorly in the movie.

• Locked thread