Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've posted a bunch here but in case I didn't make it clear earlier I am definitely going to :toxx: town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
:toxx: I'd like to believe it's a sure thing at this point, but the thing is this: a Trump presidency disgusts and horrifies me even more than a Romney presidency does.

As I will lose all faith in my country and humanity if she loses, this... is a Toxx for my soul.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm gonna be out on game 7 of the world series knocking on doors for the Iron Abuela y'all have no excuse.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

socialsecurity posted:

If she doesn't win I don't want to live/post anymore, toxxing away.

Yeah basically. If she loses I figure I have far larger problems than no longer having a Something Awful forums account.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Anyone who has even a passing interest in door knocking really should give it a try. I did it on Friday and Saturday and it was way more fun than I expected. I'm not sure what folks elsewhere are doing, but here in MN it was nothing but talking with people about early voting.

We just changed the rules here so early voting is way, way easier now (no need for an excuse, in-person voting, etc.) so it was talking with people pre-screened to be potential Democrat voters telling them how and where they can go to vote. A surprising number of people didn't even know they could, so it feels like you're actually making a difference in getting marginal voters to the polls.

I did it for about six hours between the two days in a slightly Republican leaning area and didn't end up talking to a single Trump supporter, and I got to talk with a bunch of people who would, with zero prompting, tell me how terrible Trump is.

The campaign folks told me that people would do that, but it still warmed the cockles of my heart when someone solidly in Trump's demographic target just goes off about how terrible he is once they found out that I'm out with the DFL.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

resurgam40 posted:

:toxx: I'd like to believe it's a sure thing at this point, but the thing is this: a Trump presidency disgusts and horrifies me even more than a Romney presidency does.

As I will lose all faith in my country and humanity if she loses, this... is a Toxx for my soul.

Clinton will win 320 or more electoral votes, and the race will be decided by 8:00 pm on Tuesday.

The polls are gonna Arzy out all week but it won't matter. Clinton's structural advantage among independents is insurmountable, and it more than cancels out lagging turnout from black and young voters.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

The Whole Internet posted:

Clinton will win 320 or more electoral votes, and the race will be decided by 8:00 pm on Tuesday.

The polls are gonna Arzy out all week but it won't matter. Clinton's structural advantage among independents is insurmountable, and it more than cancels out lagging turnout from black and young voters.

8 pm pacific time? because that's what time the polls close in godless liberal california

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Sunrise posted:

8 pm pacific time? because that's what time the polls close in godless liberal california

Atlantic time. Everyone knows how the west coast will vote. VA, MI, WI, and PA will be called for Clinton the moment the polls close, putting all of Trump's hopes on Colorado basically.

Colorado's a couple timezones behind and might take a while. I think either NC or FL will be called by 8:00, ending the race.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Ugh, looks like Ohio might be the spoiler that gets me banned. I thought Kasich and the OH party leadership hating trump would, you know... matter.

Nothing matters.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jonked posted:

Ugh, looks like Ohio might be the spoiler that gets me banned. I thought Kasich and the OH party leadership hating trump would, you know... matter.

Nothing matters.

Nobody cares about that dead gay state. Clinton will win 320 EVs even without it.

Chinese Stakeout
Apr 21, 2010
:toxx:, because what's the point

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thump! posted:

Lol just lol if you didn't toxx for the Dread Abuela on the first day the primary was over

Just 😂@u
it took me a whole 2 weeks after the thread was created because my brain has been conditioned to ignore stickied threads

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
all i ask for next week is for :shillary: to insert the following anecdote into her victory speech:

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

UHD posted:

:toxx: for Hillary, long may she reign.

If she's anything like Obummer her reign won't even make it past 8 years

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
ZDR, please ban all the Trump failures, tia

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:flashfap:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

A Winner is Jew posted:

ZDR, please ban all the Trump failures, tia

Lmao

The GOP autopsy of 2012 produced Trump, this time it's gonna produce Robo-Hitler

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
The RNC autopsy of trump should be them realizing that what happened was a dangerous sexual predator thought his degradation and power over the women he victimized was so total that he would get away with being pulled into the intense scrutiny of a presidential race, and hell they agreed because he had gotten away with it for decades and hell so did most of them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

But like rinse pubis is the only self aware member of republican leadership so it wont

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

And barring some kind of miracle, he's gonna be kicked out after this election.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
RNC autopsy: Republican voters are dumb.

It'll be that but a 500 page report.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

RNC Autopsy: So, we're populists now?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what are we going to do tonight paul??

same thing we do every autopsy, reince: blame it on not being conservative enough

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

RNC 2012: Hear me out... Don't gently caress the Latinos?

RNC 2016: Okay, seriously, DON'T gently caress the Latinos!

RNC 2020: gently caress it, I'm moving in with the Democrats.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

what are we going to do tonight paul??

same thing we do every autopsy, reince: blame it on not being conservative enough

Come ye cool, cool considerate set
We'll dance together to the same minuet
To the right, ever to the right
Never to the left, forever to the right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

preview of 2020: latino tracking chips but the democrats are worse because we have some footage of some rando we're assuming is a democrat saying illegal immigrant instead of undocumented workers

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Thump! posted:

RNC 2012: Hear me out... Don't gently caress the Latinos?

RNC 2016: Okay, seriously, DON'T gently caress the Latinos!

RNC 2020: gently caress it, I'm moving in with the Democrats.

Prop 187 on an undercover GOP

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

RNC 2024: *single gunshot followed by body thudding to the floor in a puddle of Baileys*

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I think I need to stop reading the Trump thread. Literally everything we have says Clinton is gonna win, but seeing people believe something opposite of reality so hard, it makes you doubt it still.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

djw175 posted:

I think I need to stop reading the Trump thread. Literally everything we have says Clinton is gonna win, but seeing people believe something opposite of reality so hard, it makes you doubt it still.

take solace in the fact those people said the same thing about romney and prob mccain

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Afraid of Audio posted:

take solace in the fact those people said the same thing about romney and prob mccain

Yeah I know. They're wrong, but it's just a thing where you see someone with so much conviction saying something wrong you momentarily doubt it until you remember reality exists.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Sunrise posted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Please :toxx: me for Hillary. Jesus loving Christ she's going to destroy Trump and everyone concerned at all is a idiot baby.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

if there's another GOP rebuilding thread where we watch the republicans try to rebuild themselves from this disaster, that needs to be the thread title.

yaleforks
Dec 2, 2007

:toxx: not shook at all

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Instant Sunrise posted:

:drat:

Instant Sunrise posted:

if there's another GOP rebuilding thread where we watch the republicans try to rebuild themselves from this disaster, that needs to be the thread title.

There will be, and yes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Afraid of Audio posted:

liberals said it about kerry

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

corn in the bible posted:

liberals said it about kerry

kerry's polls were also either a dead heat or losing to bush

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
:toxx:
I'll be onto better places if he wins anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Afraid of Audio posted:

kerry's polls were also either a dead heat or losing to bush

all we can comfort ourselves with is the knowledge that sam wang's model correctly called the 2004 election down to the precise EV

and that same exact model is saying clinton will win. if clinton were losing it would say clinton was losing just like kerry lost, but it's saying clinton is winning by a decent amount

so there you go. clinton will win. unless all of the polls are wrong just like they were in 2014 in which case clinton will lose.

nothing to worry about!

• Locked thread