BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tom Guycot posted:

I just want them to copy more Kurosawa. Wheres the star wars yojimbo, seven samurai, ran, etc? Just copy that poo poo and have ewan mcgregor kenobi pulled into some yojimbo poo poo, or an old contact wanting help and have him seven samurai it up. C'mon Disney.

I think doing Seven Samari now might be a hard sell, what with another pointless remake and all.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

iospace posted:

:siren:
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/794350705020649473

It's about the Russia and Trump connection. More details when it comes out tomorrow.

Kurt always oversells his poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
They should remake Ikiru as a Star Wars film just to gently caress with people

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ganon posted:

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/794338810779811843

That's a lot of PA, only +1 or 2 and the strike is still going

Hillary is really gonna be out there GRINDIN' for votes these last few days.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Kurt always oversells his poo poo.

It's not overselling, it's /people not giving a gently caress/. That's the problem. The Cuba stuff would sink anyone else.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They should remake Ikiru as a Star Wars film just to gently caress with people

Yes please.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

iospace posted:

It's not overselling, it's /people not giving a gently caress/. That's the problem. The Cuba stuff would sink anyone else.

Remember when Clinton was terrible for not giving Press conferences and then Trump did the same thing and now it's not a thing anymore?

fussydutchman1
Mar 25, 2016
I found SA through the TribalWar.com (Starsiege Tribes) game forums. Lurkin' since '01. drat.

That game loving ruled and now I'm like super nostalgic / bummed out wishing I could play it again. Also.. holy poo poo that that tribes website still exists. :stare:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Wasn't that made to calm people down during the fukushima incident, and was before everyone realized just how bad the company/japanese governement were loving it up?

No idea. But whenever I hear someone going off about radiation and poo poo and making a panic out of it, I show them that.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Honestly, I don't care how much its been done, yojimbo is a great story that works perfect. Is far as these spinoff movies go, I want the han solo one to be a fast and furious: star wars edition heist movie. Then have ewan mcgregor reprise obiwan and get involved with some yojimbo poo poo. Go back to ripping off movies and pop culture and doing it with a fantasy space theme, star wars. Its what did it for you in the first place.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

iospace posted:

It's not overselling, it's /people not giving a gently caress/. That's the problem. The Cuba stuff would sink anyone else.

I'm getting kind of sick of hearing this. The reason none of this stuff matters is because Trump is already sunk. He's going to get like 40% of the vote or maybe even less. He can't be sunk anymore. There's a point where you literally cannot harm a candidate any further thanks to a core of voters who will always pull the lever for their team.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/792870801724870656

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tom Guycot posted:

Honestly, I don't care how much its been done, yojimbo is a great story that works perfect. Is far as these spinoff movies go, I want the han solo one to be a fast and furious: star wars edition heist movie. Then have ewan mcgregor reprise obiwan and get involved with some yojimbo poo poo. Go back to ripping off movies and pop culture and doing it with a fantasy space theme, star wars. Its what did it for you in the first place.

I just realized something. If the Han Solo movie isn't about him making the Kessle Run then i am going to be disappointed.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tom Guycot posted:

Honestly, I don't care how much its been done, yojimbo is a great story that works perfect. Is far as these spinoff movies go, I want the han solo one to be a fast and furious: star wars edition heist movie. Then have ewan mcgregor reprise obiwan and get involved with some yojimbo poo poo. Go back to ripping off movies and pop culture and doing it with a fantasy space theme, star wars. Its what did it for you in the first place.

I've always wanted them to make an X-men heist movie

The X-men all have unique powers but the climax is always they charging at each other headfirst and blasting each other with death rays

Make an x-men film all about breaking into some place

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
I don't even remember when or how I found SA. I remember lurking since before 9/11. I think my only probation up until a debate bingo snafu was for going off on someone doing the whole "its not pedophilia its ebophilia" shtick.

Add me to the people who were blown away their woods (in my case sand dunes) porn experience was shared by so many.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/794352033511964672

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Spoke Lee posted:

I don't even remember when or how I found SA.

JeffK ICQ pranks, here.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

:stare: I never thought I would say this but...show mercy on the man

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've always wanted them to make an X-men heist movie

The X-men all have unique powers but the climax is always they charging at each other headfirst and blasting each other with death rays

Make an x-men film all about breaking into some place

A heist/underground railroad movie set in Genosha would be legit awesome.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

woke wedding drone posted:

:stare: I never thought I would say this but...show mercy on the man

Never

Also, I just heard Lemonade. It's good :) Daddy Lessons is the best song on the album.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/SnottieDrippen/status/794305002697359361

tbh I agree us colored and our children need help

Red state government, everybody!!

I hate living in the South.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

BigRed0427 posted:

I just realized something. If the Han Solo movie isn't about him making the Kessle Run then i am going to be disappointed.

I would almost stake my life that its going to have 1) the kessle run 2) meeting chewie and 3) han winning the falcon from lando. But c'mon! How great is the idea of smugglers and criminals in the fastest ship in the galaxy being made into a star wars version of fast and furious, its so god drat perfect.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm sure it was already posted but I found this NY Times article written by an OFA polls guy to be very interesting :

quote:

With just days left in the 2016 presidential election, Americans are wondering if polling is accurate or if we’ll see a Brexit-style shock.

It’s not just voters who ask these types of questions. On the eve of Election Day in 2012, as the campaign manager for President Obama’s re-election, I was asked to meet him at a rally in Milwaukee.

“Gallup has me down by three points, and other polls have me trailing, tied or with a slight lead,” the president said. “Your models have this race basically over. Why are we right and they are wrong?”

The best campaigns don’t bother with national polls — I’ve come to hate public polling, period. In the 2012 race we focused on a “golden report,” which included 62,000 simulations to determine Mr. Obama’s chances of winning battleground states. It included state tracking polls and nightly calls from volunteers, but no national tracking polls.

In Milwaukee, I assured the president that the golden report was predicting a victory, with 332 electoral votes. On Election Day, that was the exact number of electoral votes the president won.

I could also point to hard numbers anytime President Obama wondered if yet another visit to Ohio was a good idea. (It always was!) The number-crunching that campaigns do ultimately leads to a rally in a high school gym in a state that is (or might become) important — something political junkies would do well to remember in the closing days of this election.

For example, in recent days, Mr. Trump has campaigned in New Mexico, a state he has no chance of winning. Candidates can get more money and adjust their message, but the one thing they can’t do is make more time; every wasted hour in a noncompetitive state is a grave error. Mrs. Clinton continues to go on the offensive in states like Arizona, where the race is close.

Personally I wonder if the lack of any real shift due to the FBI EMAILS! news could be due to Trump completely lacking the ability to target and whip turnout/energy in those who would be susceptible to anger over such things. Our collective "oh poo poo" moment assumed that a competent campaign was there to take advantage of the gift but there just isn't anything like that with Trump right now.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

I founds SA throught pointlesswasteoftime.com (which apparently got bought by Cracked?), and then got into the forums through Photoshop Phriday and LPs. When I turned 18, my account was my first debit card purchase.

Other thoughts for today's USPOL topics: SMG is a good poster, FFIX was the best FF, and KM and TB should both be made D&D mods so they can probate the race trolls.

On topic thoughts: There's been a lot of good anti-arzy coming out today, and god drat does this post make me feel good:

I'm so excited to vote for :abuela: on Tuesday, and I'm feeling good about the Senate as well. Now my biggest worry is a few of the CA ballot props, where I think the death penalty will survive again and maybe even be strengthened.

edit: at least I'll have legal :420: though

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, Tim Kaine gave an entire speech in Spanish today in Arizona :3:

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've always wanted them to make an X-men heist movie

The X-men all have unique powers but the climax is always they charging at each other headfirst and blasting each other with death rays

Make an x-men film all about breaking into some place

I want them to make one thats not so god drat epic. I don't need the world coming apart in the climax, can't it just be a smaller story for once? I love the suggestion of a heist/prison break genosha thing. Make an x-men movie thats just the great escape with laser beams.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm sure it was already posted but I found this NY Times article written by an OFA polls guy to be very interesting :

Personally I wonder if the lack of any real shift due to the FBI EMAILS! news could be due to Trump completely lacking the ability to target and whip turnout/energy in those who would be susceptible to anger over such things. Our collective "oh poo poo" moment assumed that a competent campaign was there to take advantage of the gift but there just isn't anything like that with Trump right now.

The thing about emails is that it did nothing but give people already in the tank reason to cry about Clinton.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

iospace posted:

So, Tim Kaine gave an entire speech in Spanish today in Arizona :3:

I love you, bilingual harmonica dad.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tom Guycot posted:

I would almost stake my life that its going to have 1) the kessle run 2) meeting chewie and 3) han winning the falcon from lando. But c'mon! How great is the idea of smugglers and criminals in the fastest ship in the galaxy being made into a star wars version of fast and furious, its so god drat perfect.

It could.

But how the gently caress do you top this in a Star Wars movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJpB3UvaRRE

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm sure it was already posted but I found this NY Times article written by an OFA polls guy to be very interesting :

Personally I wonder if the lack of any real shift due to the FBI EMAILS! news could be due to Trump completely lacking the ability to target and whip turnout/energy in those who would be susceptible to anger over such things. Our collective "oh poo poo" moment assumed that a competent campaign was there to take advantage of the gift but there just isn't anything like that with Trump right now.
I'm getting tired of the Brexit comparisons since in that case the polls pretty much universally showed a dead heat so it could have gone either way. Meanwhile in this election Clinton has had a lead basically the whole time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

iospace posted:

So, Tim Kaine gave an entire speech in Spanish today in Arizona :3:

4th meal = 5th column

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

4th meal = 5th column

Why is that man's face purple?

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
OK Poop is coming out

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm sure it was already posted but I found this NY Times article written by an OFA polls guy to be very interesting :

Personally I wonder if the lack of any real shift due to the FBI EMAILS! news could be due to Trump completely lacking the ability to target and whip turnout/energy in those who would be susceptible to anger over such things. Our collective "oh poo poo" moment assumed that a competent campaign was there to take advantage of the gift but there just isn't anything like that with Trump right now.

This is just a theory and frankly I can't be bothered to look at all his tour dates but part of me suspects that Trump's fragile ego can't handle nonstop battleground states where he might not have a huge turnout.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

BigRed0427 posted:

It could.

But how the gently caress do you top this in a Star Wars movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJpB3UvaRRE

I never said they wouldn't have their work cut out for them :colbert:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

NewMars posted:

Why is that man's face purple?

Because he's human...and HE'S COMIN.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

It could.

But how the gently caress do you top this in a Star Wars movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJpB3UvaRRE

Oh my god apparently I need to watch this movie.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tom Guycot posted:

I never said they wouldn't have their work cut out for them :colbert:

The Fast and the Furious is one of those series I feel like I need to watch more of. Infact, 5 might might have been the first one I saw.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
People roll their eyes at the Fast & Furious movies because of the silly naming conventions but they're all pretty great in their own way. Well, maybe not four but the rest are great.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

From:ntanden@gmail.com
To: john.podesta@gmail.com
Date: 2015-07-25 00:28
Subject: Re: Cnn poll

Do we actually know who told Hillary she could use a private email? And
has that person been drawn and quartered?

Like whole thing is loving insane.

:tinfoil: Look how deep the rabbit hole goes :tinfoil:

What's the #WokeWithHer equivalent of the red pill? I suggest the 'hill pill' if there's nothing else yet.

  • Locked thread