Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

djdanno13 posted:

a 78 Olds delta with bucket seats and a console shift. It's actually pretty drat sweet.

I must have this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

West SAAB Story posted:

Please tell me one of the cars missing from our photos is either a K Car, GNX, or BiTurbo. I could see 14" devote the last of his blood into one of those (for at least a week).

Does a Daytona z count?

Dagen H posted:

I must have this

I'm willing to sell anything I own. It's just some things cost more than others.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

djdanno13 posted:

Does a Daytona z count?

If it's a turbo, we can check that off as well as the K car lineage, so I'll say "Yes".

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
I still can't believe this adventure is happening.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Fourteen, thank you for this welcome respite from the Trump thread.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Leperflesh posted:

Population of Nebraska: 1,882,000. 77,421 mi2

Population of Santa Clara County, CA: 1,862,000. 1,304 mi2

e. haha, the list of ten least populous counties in America includes five Nebraska counties, numbering 460 to 632 people.

Jesus. Entire counties with less than five hundred people. I'd guess like at least 10% of the population must work in county government.

What the gently caress :aaaaa:

I have taught at multiple schools that have more kids than that!

E: poo poo, the number of students I taught was easily a quarter of that (100-120ish).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

SuperDucky posted:

Fourteen, thank you for this welcome respite from the Trump thread.

Man that thread ran out of steam over the past few days

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

BraveUlysses posted:

Man that thread ran out of steam over the past few days

:justpost:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

SuperDucky posted:

14", please provide a mailing address/email/whatever so that we can finance this amazing adventure.

UPDATE

So as things usually do, they figured themselves out with a little time. Dave called his bank, and he should have a new debit card in 5 to 7 days. Well....add a day to get it out there to BFE, probably.

Anyhow 14" just needs some spending money to hold him for the next week...gas, food, incidentals...and the parts he ordered from the local NAPA to make JEEP BASE CAMP ALPHA more reliable.

14 INCH posted:

full dorman vacuum assemblies for all hoses. bitch will make it home once i sort out how it can blow 2qt oil without power loss

Djdanno has agreed to forward cash to Dave and can accept PP, but would prefer if someone else handled the crowdfunding end, he's a busy guy.

So if y'all are ok with me continuing in that role, I'll forward you guys money to djdanno. It's easier now that we should be able to avoid fees, so whatever y'all send will end up going directly to Dave. I went ahead and fronted $200 to djdanno, and he's giving that to Dave in cash. Easy peasy, no more Waltons involved.

So those who were offering to help, you can send PayPal to

angryrobots at the Google mail service.

As before, will keep track of donations in thread. Thanks for your generosity, y'all should know that in the absolute literal way your funding got Dave to Nebraska.

Well.... that and his willingness to flog the 4.0 like a rented mule.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 4, 2016

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Willingness hell, that was a pure and almost lovingly sadistic flogging.

You can't buy that kind of thing.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

Liquid Communism posted:

Willingness hell, that was a pure and almost lovingly sadistic flogging.

You can't buy that kind of thing.

I think "Trying to blow the bitch up as hard as possible" is a step beyond sadistic flogging.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Jealous Cow posted:

And yet they get two senators and five EVs.

The whole point of the senate is that less populous states can't be strong armed by the Californias and Texases as easily. That is by design.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Sent the remaining balance of my paypal to angryrobots. More to come if some of my ancient cameras sell on ebay.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Who's got rosie?

From like 2 pages ago but she's being watched over here by me, by which i mean I am meowed at 4am to open the door for pets and playtime.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

At my place, 1-4am is kitty crazy time. By that I mean my cat is hauling rear end around my apartment chasing ghosts that only cats can see (and sometimes pissing off my downstairs neighbor, apparently a 14 pound animal running at ~20-30 mph makes a lot of noise). 8 or 9 am is "I'm gonna knead on STR's adam's apple to wake him up, then laugh when it makes him dry heave". 11am is followed with more of the same. So is 12pm. And 12:30pm. And 1pm. I don't usually wake up until 1. :argh:

I don't think he'd ever been the only pet in a household before I moved...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ah, the 4 AM 2km sprint.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

He's easily running a loving 10k here, daily!

He's sound asleep most of the day (aside from occasionally waking up to eat, take a massive poo poo, or ask for attention)... until 1-2 am. Then it's OHFUCK time for a few hours, complete with him attempting to rip my feet open if I try to walk across the apartment without keeping an eye on him.

He's really turned into a little poo poo since I moved. I love the little poo poo, but you don't dare take off your socks if you plan to walk anywhere within the apartment at night. I can't seem to wear him out during crazy time, though if I happen to go to bed, crazy time suddenly ends and turns into cuddle time.

It's not exactly a small apartment (... for an apartment) either, it's around 800 sq ft. Pretty sure he's just bored now that he's the only animal.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I am a crazy cat lady in spirit. I know cats. I can help you with cats.

Disturb your cat's daytime rest. Bother him repeatedly all day, if you can. Do this every day for a week and then periodically thereafter. You can get most cats to shift to a more diurnal schedule this way.

Also, most owners feed at "dinner time" but a large meal can stimulate a long rest, so consider feeding just before you go to bed.

Finally, cats get more exercise and are much less bored, as well as better socially adjusted, when there's at least two. Consider adopting a spayed adult female to go with your neutered adult male cat... or when getting kittens, get two.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

My apartment charges $20/month pet rent for each pet. And a $500 pet fee per pet ($250 is a damage deposit, $250 is non-refundable). So.. adding another cat isn't really in the cards. I learned the hard way that maintenance tells the property manager about EVERYTHING they see in your apartment... stuff like "when I walked in, someone I didn't recognize was sitting on the couch and watching TV" (seriously, the property manager called me asking to know who was sitting on my couch next to me). I'm sure that has nothing to do with my calling the city property standards department about them refusing to fix electrical, plumbing, and (exterior) door lock issues for a few months. :fuckoff:

I feed a small amount of dry food several times a day instead of one or two large amounts, with canned food thrown in here and there. I used to free feed with dry food, but he turned into the Goodyear Blimp. He was around 9 pounds when I got him, and shot up to 17 pounds - he's still on the heavy side at about 14 pounds, but he's not (as much of) a walking heart attack anymore.

And uh.. on days that I work, I wake up around 1pm, get a shower, and leave. On days that I don't work, I sleep in a lot later. Interrupting his sleep would mean interrupting my sleep. :smith:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Cats are assholes - get two

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Apartment managers are bigger assholes that think they can charge $20/month per pet plus a huge deposit per pet. :colbert:

(otherwise I'd have 2 cats)

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
What about the 630 am howling?

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Apartment managers are bigger assholes that think they can charge $20/month per pet plus a huge deposit per pet. :colbert:

(otherwise I'd have 2 cats)

He's generally not all that interested in other cats, and scared if they are in his space.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My two are more than content to sleep all night and steal the doona off the bed

until you get the 5:45am cat fight between the missus and I because the boy cats done something to irritate the girl cat (probably breathing or something like that) and shes laid into him.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

QuarkMartial posted:

What about the 630 am howling?

yeah, that would probably wake up your cat

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Panaflex posted:

Sent the remaining balance of my paypal to angryrobots. More to come if some of my ancient cameras sell on ebay.

Rec'd

PBrix24 +$40.00
Panaflex +$29.09

Bookkeeping: On the last set of donations, I was -$10, and also sent some money back to everdave to cover a portion of the package he is sending. So consider my PP balance zeroed right there.

Yesterday I fronted $200 to djdanno, so currently I am -$130.91.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Black88GTA posted:

Is that a Volvo 262c I spy in the background?

Perhaps every goon sees what they want to see in djdanno's back yard. Some sort of shimmering mirage, so tempting that it cannot possibly be real.

Me, I see a Plymouth Sapporo on mud terrains.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Perhaps every goon sees what they want to see in djdanno's back yard. Some sort of shimmering mirage, so tempting that it cannot possibly be real.

djdanno13 posted:

71 Newport

Theory checks out.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Slung Blade posted:

djdanno13 posted:

71 Newport
Theory checks out.

You've already got an old Mopar you're using as a dust magnet. :smith:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I can paypal 200 to Danno right now courtesy mom and dad, or to whoever needs reimbursing. I'll check back in later today or tomorrow, stopped in the library after food in town and a run to Napa.

One request, for anyone getting truck pics etc please post them in the truck thread to try to limit signal reverb and double posting all over. For now lets worry about getting this bitch moving again. I'm set for supplies for a little while, just let me know where the funds from my mom and dad need to go to make things balance out.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dagen H posted:

I must have this

I love the B-body "sport" coupes. It should even have a real Olds V8 in there.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Darchangel posted:

I love the B-body "sport" coupes. It should even have a real Olds V8 in there.

Possibly a 403

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Dagen H posted:

You've already got an old Mopar you're using as a dust magnet. :smith:

I can't work on it right now, it's holding rx7 parts off the floor for 1500quid's car.

And I can want more than one old Mopar. :colbert:

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Dagen H posted:

Possibly a 403

Olds 350

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rocket 350? :allears:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Slung Blade posted:

I can't work on it right now, it's holding rx7 parts off the floor for 1500quid's car.

To be fair that was way more stuff than I was expecting and it only takes up one of the three postal codes that your dodge covers. :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slung Blade posted:

Want yes, but once you own more than one, you're a "mopar guy" and you start stockpiling them and growing a mullet and asking $2500 for rare 318 heads.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Better than the same for rare 305 heads

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Ayup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014