Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm just wondering, now that I have 2/3 pieces of Water God Tidus, what the best way to go for Razzmatazz is. I'm not really interested in anything else on its OSBfest banner...hm.

Aside of either throwing off you Mythril budget or whaling on the Bad Boy Banner, wait and try your luck in the Third Keeper's Choice Banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Does anybody know what the new max stamina will be after next week's DU? I like leaving myself a couple points below the cap so I can pop a refresh or two without spending mythril if something unexpected happens where I'll want it, even with a second one coming before orbfest.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
"Well, two Paine swords is ok, but I really could use something else, time to single pull until I get a 5* or run out of Mythril...."

2 pulls later

Alright, I get the hint game. At least a third dupe means HE and Rosettas for maximum power. Never gonna say no to a 5+++.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Does anybody know what the new max stamina will be after next week's DU? I like leaving myself a couple points below the cap so I can pop a refresh or two without spending mythril if something unexpected happens where I'll want it, even with a second one coming before orbfest.

172 not considering greens.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Dollar pull gers me rikkus glove. Game seems oddly dedicated to making me use her.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alxprit posted:

172 not considering greens.

Cool, I'll probably get myself up to 170 4/5 then.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hello worst draw I've had since G5 dropped.
Still puts Tidus over Zack (Buster Sword CC) and Lightning (Blazefire Sabre) for the Powercharge combo, though.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Aw, Riot Blade and nothing else on the pull. It'll do, but with this and whiffing on Golden Hairpin on the Eiko banner, Water God Tidus isn't meant to be.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

RagnarokAngel posted:

Dollar pull gers me rikkus glove. Game seems oddly dedicated to making me use her.
Rikku is secretly OP. She has so many skillsets, and is one of the better machinists. Bard 4 access lets her carry proshellga for you, too. Very, very versatile character.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Zurai posted:

It's a slightly superior version of Faris's BSB, mainly because it's 10 random target hits instead of 5 single target hits, meaning it'll spread the initial Full Breakdown debuff over, most likely, the entire boss battle instead of on just one boss. Mostly irrelevant against single bosses (where Faris is much better just because she's a vastly better character than Wakka), but a significant upside against multi-target bosses.

Thanks for the reply. Is the initial debuff the same ID as full breakdown/multi break or do they stack? I wonder if his BSB could replace the need to bring defensive breaks.

CmdrKing posted:

Wakka's pretty bad on base mostly. Support 5 with else above 3, and weaponry is highly limited (knives, blitzballs, thrown, bows). Faris meanwhile is fundamentally amazing on base, competitive with Ramza among Support 5 characters. Hurt that this is probably the first good relic Wakka's ever gotten once they patched out Vit0. So yeah, Wakka certainly earned that reputation as bottom tier! The burst is still seven shades of awesome though.

I don't want to be ungrateful about getting a BSB but yeah, I'd much rather have Faris' for pretty much that reason. Finding a way to slot in Wakka is gonna be a challenge, especially since I don't have any ranged X weapons for him to use.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Adel posted:

Thanks for the reply. Is the initial debuff the same ID as full breakdown/multi break or do they stack? I wonder if his BSB could replace the need to bring defensive breaks.

It is the same ID as Full Break/Multi Break, yes, so you can't stack those but the Burst commands are Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown so there is no need to bring defensive breakdowns at all. Unfortunately, Wakka's skillset pretty much means that you're opening up Armor/Mental Breakdown and Affliction Break. Still, AoE Full Breakdown is nothing to scoff at.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Been after it ages, and first dungeon Vivi's caveman ancestor finally learns the secret of fire

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

So how is sapphire shot without a ranged weapon? Apocalypse has so much more atk than my best thrower even WITHOUT synergy that it's really no contest what to put on Tidus.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

So how is sapphire shot without a ranged weapon? Apocalypse has so much more atk than my best thrower even WITHOUT synergy that it's really no contest what to put on Tidus.

You get the 20% extra water damage with Apocalypse so it'll probably be better, especially after the softcap.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Sapphire Shot has a potency of 330 on its own. For comparison's sake, Saint Cross has 340, maxed Thief's Revenge has 350, and Meteor Crush has 300. Incidentally, its potency is 370 when it's ranged.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Adel posted:

I don't want to be ungrateful about getting a BSB but yeah, I'd much rather have Faris' for pretty much that reason. Finding a way to slot in Wakka is gonna be a challenge, especially since I don't have any ranged X weapons for him to use.

Same ID as Full Break, just 10% stronger all around. If you can't depend on the Boss to hit Wakka that often, you might want to bring a Breakdown just in case - not like Wakka has many other options anyway.

Good enough really. You could even have Rikku take over debuffing duty for the bonus battles for this event and just have Wakka using Sapphire Shot if you have one of his Blitzballs.

Only real reason Saint Cross is better is because Water is much harder to buff.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

I do not have any blitzballs (thank god), my only X synergy weapons are chaos rod, 2x apocalypse, and a 4+ sword. Pretty much the only realm I'm CM-ready in is V. :v:

I assume the water boosts from apocalypse and golden hairpin stack?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm wondering how in the world these Overstrikes can outperform BSBs. Even if the attack itself does more damage than the initial BSB, it seems like several turns of using the BSB's skills will end up doing more overall. The weapon itself is still obviously really good, but it seems like the skill isn't as useful.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

I'm wondering how in the world these Overstrikes can outperform BSBs. Even if the attack itself does more damage than the initial BSB, it seems like several turns of using the BSB's skills will end up doing more overall. The weapon itself is still obviously really good, but it seems like the skill isn't as useful.

There's something to be said for doing damage extremely quickly. Getting past hard phases of boss fights and such.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

OSBs will in general do less damage than a BSB opener + five turns of commands, but the point is that all the damage comes in one turn, so as long as you aren't criminally underhoned, you're using those five turns for additional [saint cross/sapphire shot/powerchain/etc], so it's more damage overall thanks to action economy. :eng101:

BSBs tend to have more utility, though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

I do not have any blitzballs (thank god), my only X synergy weapons are chaos rod, 2x apocalypse, and a 4+ sword. Pretty much the only realm I'm CM-ready in is V. :v:

I assume the water boosts from apocalypse and golden hairpin stack?

They do, yes. Essentially, your Tidus is pretty much set for life for any boss except those that resist/absorb Water.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

It is the same ID as Full Break/Multi Break, yes, so you can't stack those but the Burst commands are Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown so there is no need to bring defensive breakdowns at all. Unfortunately, Wakka's skillset pretty much means that you're opening up Armor/Mental Breakdown and Affliction Break. Still, AoE Full Breakdown is nothing to scoff at.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Same ID as Full Break, just 10% stronger all around. If you can't depend on the Boss to hit Wakka that often, you might want to bring a Breakdown just in case - not like Wakka has many other options anyway.

Welp at least he can use wrath and the new sharpshooter skills, and having the slots to actually bring armor/mental breakdown has its appeal. It's nice that his BSB full break is stronger, too. I'll experiment a bit and give the orange doofus a chance. Thanks again for all the advice.

Also seconding that Rikku is awesome, she has a great skillset and ends up in my endgame teams more often than not. If you pull one of her relics, she won't disappoint.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Adel posted:

Dollar pull got me Wakka's BSB :stare: From what I understand it's basically like Faris' except on a character I don't like ?

This just happened to me too. Guess Wakka's my new Support when needed. Stacks with Full Break/Multi-Break, or no?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Adel posted:

Welp at least he can use wrath and the new sharpshooter skills

Don't use Wrath if you're using Shout as your boost source. Wrath, for whatever reason, also has a +3% Attack buff which will overwrite Shout. That's fine for someone like Y'shtola who's not going to use her Attack stat, but it'll ruin Wakka's damage.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

IllegallySober posted:

This just happened to me too. Guess Wakka's my new Support when needed. Stacks with Full Break/Multi-Break, or no?

Congrats!

Adel posted:

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, scrapped up enough for another 11-pull on Larsa 1 and got Vaan's BSB, Ashe's SSB, and Fran's SSB. I now have everything on this banner except Ashe's BSB and Balthier's SSB.

I am never getting a Balthier relic, but it's pretty hard to be angry with that pull anyway.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Thanks- that's what I get for not reading closely enough before bed :doh: Still, a Support BSB like that means I have some tinkering to do tomorrow with team composition. I'm normally toting Tyro for Wall/Multi Break but Wakka would either free up a slot for anything since Tyro can do it all, or I could skip Wall and bring a better healer (or bring Y'shtola and have the best of both worlds since I have Thyrus too?)

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
One off banner relic on this banner, bit it was Tifa's BSB so I guess that's not bad. Is Tifa any good to use, I haven't ever even looked at her! I'm tempted to roll again, but then I also wnat to have a couple of rolls on Onion Knight. Argh!

I don't have any source of enwater, but I do have Quina's Golden Hairpin, which is now glued to Tidus and not leaving
You could RW Tidus BSB, which will get you the EnWater effect on him for ultimate boosting.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

2/11, Wakka's BSB and an off banner shared SB. No OSB yet which doesn't bode well for my chances at getting Orlandeau's OSB.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Soul Breaks from JP:

Vivi is really upset over losing that hat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3VQ3dyhqi0
Amarant does monk things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u1jQZo57CQ

Cloud of Darkness sure does love particle beams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFMC5WHPWs
... and particle balls, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbqxzp2el2w
Luneth is the wind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6BR9PuYdsk
Ingus figures out how to make Gaia Gross more powerful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HoipwRKsgE
Arc uses his bog standard healing BSB. How boring!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlC_UIMnF3U

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Bleh, another banner I kinda wanna pull on, but shouldn't. My FFX soulbreaks are meh, but I got a pretty disgusting amount of raw synergy.

Someone tell me to stay strong for FF3 and FF14.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think I found a new ritual. While I was at work for the midnight release of Call of Duty I did a quick single pull and got Yuna's fancy new medica. :v:

Of course this ritual only works if I'm schedule to be at work on days banners land.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grozz Nuy posted:

This was already answered, but looking at JP, every single DU from here on out gives exactly 10 stamina shards between its normals and Elites, which is enough, coincidentally, for exactly 2 extra Max Stamina.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh hey, good news for everyone affected by the missing 25 Halloween-Mythril issue:

"Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

The Halloween present that includes 25 Mythril was not sent to some players on the announced date, and will instead be sent at 11:59 PM 11/6 PST (7:59 AM 11/7 UTC). As there has been a delay in the delivery of this present, we have also extended the closing times for the following Relic Draws.

Heir of the Dynast King Relic Draws
Now close at 4:59 PM 11/9 PST (12:59 AM 11/10 UTC).

Girl Power Relic Draw
Now closes at 4:59 PM 11/9 PST (12:59 AM 11/10 UTC).

Debuff Soul Break Lucky Relic Draw
Now closes at 4:59 PM 11/9 PST (12:59 AM 11/10 UTC).

We hope you continue to enjoy playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper."

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

100 mithryl got me 2x Tidus armor thing, 2x Rikku Knuckles, 1x Yuna Chaos Rod, 1x Auron Riot Blade, 1x off-banner XII armor.

Does the ATK+RES from Rikku's have that weird coding where they're separate and therefore don't stack with Shout? I know her Hyper Null Arm one did that, does this as well or is it safe to run with Shout?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

As there has been a delay in the delivery of this present, we have also extended the closing times for the following Relic Draws.

That's the least they could have done, so I'm glad they did. Kind of sucks that they waited so long to say that, mind you, but it's something.

bilperkins2 posted:

100 mithryl got me 2x Tidus armor thing, 2x Rikku Knuckles, 1x Yuna Chaos Rod, 1x Auron Riot Blade, 1x off-banner XII armor.

Does the ATK+RES from Rikku's have that weird coding where they're separate and therefore don't stack with Shout? I know her Hyper Null Arm one did that, does this as well or is it safe to run with Shout?

It's both Shout and Breakdown friendly. HyperNulAll is a single exception, nothing else has followed it, period.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Along with a few other SB items, I got an off-banner Coral Sword from FFIX today. It says that it increases lightning damage.

I also have Lightning with Crushing Blow, and a Kaiser Shield. Will the bonus lightning damage for the Coral Sword and Kaiser Shield stack? I can never remember if it's damage or resistance that stacks.

It's crazy that Tidus's armor is considered just a regular unique SB instead of a SSB. Multiple hits and removing the delay on the next two actions? Compare that to my first ever SB, Yuna's The Sending, which is just one single Holy hit. These two definitely aren't on the same level. The power creep is real.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Uncle Ulty posted:

Along with a few other SB items, I got an off-banner Coral Sword from FFIX today. It says that it increases lightning damage.

I also have Lightning with Crushing Blow, and a Kaiser Shield. Will the bonus lightning damage for the Coral Sword and Kaiser Shield stack? I can never remember if it's damage or resistance that stacks.

It's crazy that Tidus's armor is considered just a regular unique SB instead of a SSB. Multiple hits and removing the delay on the next two actions? Compare that to my first ever SB, Yuna's The Sending, which is just one single Holy hit. These two definitely aren't on the same level. The power creep is real.
they stack, grats

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I know several of you keep Excel spreadsheets to sort your relics. Could one or two of you post yours again so I can see how you have it organized? Trying to put one together for myself. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IllegallySober posted:

I know several of you keep Excel spreadsheets to sort your relics. Could one or two of you post yours again so I can see how you have it organized? Trying to put one together for myself. Thanks!

I haven't updated this in a while but

I'll probably get rid of the 4* stuff and have BSB as Bold Underlined (and OSB as All Three if I ever get one)

I suppose I'll need an 8* color for my Lullaby Rod as well. Probably gold since I try to base them off the background.

Also, I'm real happy that I can pull on the FF XII banner but now I don't know if I want to save it for a later event or not :downs:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 4, 2016

• Locked thread