Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I think in I need to stop listening to sports talk radio lest I get pushed over the edge of insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Just listen to a few good sports podcasts if you want to get that same fix, but not be bombarded with stupidity.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
so we should listen to
  • The Right Time
  • Around the NFL
  • that's it, there's nothing else

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

so we should listen to
  • The Right Time
  • Around the NFL
  • that's it, there's nothing else

I listen to Pardon My Take, which is good if you are looking for football jokes. I usually skip the interviews though, unless it's someone good.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Cowboys didn't deserve to win that game.

If the Eagles ever get WRs that can catch they are going to be really good. Carson Wentz is going to be a pain in the rear end for a decade.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm hoping that this game is the fire under Howies rear end to make a deal before tomorrow, if there are any deals out there for Marshall or Jeffrey or whoever to be made.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope he doesn't make a move out of desperation. I don't think Alshon Jeffrey would be the difference in a deep January run

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

I hope he doesn't make a move out of desperation. I don't think Alshon Jeffrey would be the difference in a deep January run

I agree in the case of Alshon, but if you can get Marshall on a fair deal for this year and next then that would be worth it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

I agree in the case of Alshon, but if you can get Marshall on a fair deal for this year and next then that would be worth it.

yeah I'd be happy to give up a 5th or 4th for him, considering we have an extra off the Sam Bradford trade. he'd be a great fit.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The big concern for me is how many seasons Peters has left.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly I was disappointed that both teams didn't win. There needs to be a reverse-tie but only for NFC East teams which are clearly God's chosen teams

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

We are blessed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I played Eagles/Cowboys in Tecmo Super Bowl at the conclusion of last night's game and Philly won that 58-3, so there is that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's a shame that the Giants weren't playing, because the other three teams put on some good football.

Not Josh Norman though, he's a fuckboi.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Quiet Feet posted:

I played Eagles/Cowboys in Tecmo Super Bowl at the conclusion of last night's game and Philly won that 58-3, so there is that.

You also have that rad pumpkin dude that I posted on the last page.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
For some reason I'm more okay with the Cowboys being good and taking the division than the Giants or the Redskins.

Quiet Feet posted:

When I was young and would watch the Eagles get demolished I would always fire up Tecmo Bowl/Madden/Quarterback Club '98 or whatever I had at the time and replay the game so the Eagles won to make myself feel better.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

When I was young and would watch the Eagles get demolished I would always fire up Tecmo Bowl/Madden/Quarterback Club '98 or whatever I had at the time and replay the game so the Eagles won to make myself feel better.

Did you ever lose and make yourself feel badder?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lucked into some second row seats right behind Dallas bench at the 50 last night and am incredibly tired and my voice is hoarse, but with a win it was worth it.

Cowboys looked pretty bad for pretty much the whole middle of the game, but it was nice to see them rally in OT. Like others have said I could see Wentz and the Eagles being a huge pain for us for years to come.

Tried to upload some photos to imgur for the SNF thread but ironically the LTE reception in ATT stadium is non existent.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
NFCE combined record: 18-10-1. 0.638 winning %.
AFCW combined record: 20-11-0. 0.645 winning%.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

yeah but we dont have the broncos in our division

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

yeah but we dont have the broncos in our division

Owned

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrLogan posted:

holy gently caress this is the most offensive post in this thread of all places

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

MrLogan posted:

12 > 7

kiss the rings bithc

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 1, 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah AFC West, kiss our rings, the ones owned and shared collectively by the entire NFC East :smug:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

yeah AFC West, kiss our rings, the ones owned and shared collectively by the entire NFC East :smug:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't wanna crap up the N/V thread with some WR that barely anybody cares about, so I'll put this here.

Josh Huff is speaking to the media:
https://twitter.com/JClarkCSN/status/793876365045030912
https://twitter.com/DZangaroCSN/status/793875982742609920
https://twitter.com/MarcFarzetta/status/793878417456394240
https://twitter.com/MarcFarzetta/status/793877615992008704
https://twitter.com/MarcFarzetta/status/793878175981985793
https://twitter.com/MattLombardo975/status/793847996454727681

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Josh Huff gonna have to use his breakout speed real soon

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
RIP in peace Josh Huff http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-release-wr-josh-huff-after-gundrug-arrest/

Who needs receivers.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Burn it....burn it all down and start again..

Just make sure the DLine and Wentz are out of the building first

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Burn it....burn it all down and start again..

Just make sure the DLine and Wentz are out of the building first

players who lose football games deserve to die

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Is there a place I will be able to get a cheap Huff jersey now? Or were Huff jerseys a custom job that aren't going to be sitting around in surplus anywhere?

Pretty hosed up the guy is going to probably go to jail for multiple years for crimes that would have only warranted a citation if he had been on the Philly side of the bridge.

And people in New Jersey wonder why their taxes are so high. Putting people in jail for stupid poo poo costs money dumbasses.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

incompetent posted:

players who lose football games deserve to die

Well if you say so.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Never go to New Jersey.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I've always imagine Jersey as a whole is just Philadelphia stretched to cover an entire state.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've always imagine Jersey as a whole is just Philadelphia stretched to cover an entire state.

you're close, that's southern new jersey

the other half is new york

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

South Jersey burbs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pennsylvania burbs for philly. Like, not even remotely close. Nicer people, roads, better shopping...Just avoid East Philly (Camden).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's a nicer commute into the city from SJ compared to the surrounding PA counties as well. 95 and 76 make you want to blow your brains out

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

South Jersey burbs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pennsylvania burbs for philly. Like, not even remotely close. Nicer people, roads, better shopping...Just avoid East Philly (Camden).

:fart:

Why isn't there a :fart: smiley?

The people are the same and the roads are poo poo.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Hellyeah I love strip malls and Little Caesars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nobody eats litgle caesars rofl, if anything we have better pizza than you

• Locked thread