Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Keg posted:

Leg day today, ski day tomorrow. Gym!
lol have fun with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
how do you stay really old but really swole like that Jack lalane was 99 when he died . are they all secretly juicing

like can a man that old be ripped naturally

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Pick the perfect set of parents

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dum Cumpster posted:

Pick the perfect set of parents

*writes this down *

I'm gonna eat a lot of eggs today

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pon de Bundy posted:

how do you stay really old but really swole like that Jack lalane was 99 when he died . are they all secretly juicing

After a certain age, your testosterone drops ridiculously low and with no testosterone you won't be able to maintain HUGENESS. So if you see ancient people who are HUEG AND SWOLE it's because they're on TRT (something you can get real easy in America) or regular steroirds

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
jack lalane wasnt huge though, he just had visible mummy biceps:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

After a certain age, your testosterone drops ridiculously low and with no testosterone you won't be able to maintain HUGENESS. So if you see ancient people who are HUEG AND SWOLE it's because they're on TRT (something you can get real easy in America) or regular steroirds

where is the line on certain age? Stallone looks like he will try to be swole into infinity and beyond.

hes not SWOLE by this threads definition but he is definitely old man SWOLE.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pon de Bundy posted:

where is the line on certain age? Stallone looks like he will try to be swole into infinity and beyond.

hes not SWOLE by this threads definition but he is definitely old man SWOLE.

"The Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone has been convicted of importing a banned growth hormone into Australia and ordered to pay more than £5,000 in fines and costs.
A judge in the state of New South Wales instructed the 60-year-old actor to pay A$13,000 (£5,400) after failing to obtain a valid prescription for the human growth hormone Jintropin on a visit to the country."

Was it even a serious question

of course all those dudes are on roids

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

"The Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone has been convicted of importing a banned growth hormone into Australia and ordered to pay more than £5,000 in fines and costs.
A judge in the state of New South Wales instructed the 60-year-old actor to pay A$13,000 (£5,400) after failing to obtain a valid prescription for the human growth hormone Jintropin on a visit to the country."

Was it even a serious question

of course all those dudes are on roids

what no, of course he's on roids, I meant "I guess we will see when he has to stop"

i mean lalane is old man swole, not rocky

i wanna see how far we can take old man swole technology

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I scuba dive and I wore my wet suit and stuff for Halloween while me and the other dads sat at the end of the driveway drinking and handing out candy. My bis and tris are getting so swole that my suit was super-tight on my upper arms, I had a hard time getting it pulled on. This could become a problem if I keep making arm gains. I'll have to get a custom suit. $$$$

Swole people problems.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
maybe you're just getting fat bucko

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

maybe you're just getting fat bucko

NOPE down about 30 from last year.

Bucko.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
definitely fat

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You forgot "Bucko," Richie.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Am in gym. Doubled my last PR in squat volume at highest weight.

5/3/1 rules. Now boring but big sets, then FOOD

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Pon de Bundy posted:

Jack Lalane wasn't secretive about his juicing

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

a mysterious cloak posted:

Am in gym. Doubled my last PR in squat volume at highest weight.

5/3/1 rules. Now boring but big sets, then FOOD

I hope one day I can squat the famed "highest weight"

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

UnfurledSails posted:

I hope one day I can squat the famed "highest weight"
lol

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

"Hey man how much do you want in the bar for this set?"

"This time I'm going to go for......."

*DUN DUN DUN*

"HIGHEST WEIGHT"

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

"Hey man how much do you want in the bar for this set?"

"This time I'm going to go for......."

*DUN DUN DUN*

"HIGHEST WEIGHT"
Is highest weight more than max bench?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Khorne posted:

Is highest weight more than max bench?

Max is a good friend of mine. We lift together usually on Tuesday's. I doubt it's more because Max is pretty strong but I dunno

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

GORDON posted:

NOPE down about 30 from last year.

Bucko.

All that salt causing water retention.

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

Chill out and stop reading things into his post.

Highest weight means he's fat

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

edit: lol wrong thread

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 3, 2016

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I wish I could still make newbie gains. Getting bigger is hard. :smith:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm emotionally strong

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pesmerga posted:

I've blown up while losing weight and I'm only like 4 1/2 months in. I have a solid 20 months or so of great gains left, and then I have like another year of good gains.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pesmerga posted:

you will foreverially make newbie gains with steroids :dukedoge:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cable hammer curls is my new jam currently

also the weight sled

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I wanted to do an extra workout on my upper body day Tuesday so I cranked out about 75 dumbbell bench presses. Woke up Thursday and my whole upper back and neck were so stiff I could barely move them. Feels bad man.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I don't want to say your form is hosed up, however.....

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Your almost certainly right. I've never done that specific exercise before but I had an extra few minutes so I wanted to do something.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Your almost certainly right. I've never done that specific exercise before but I had an extra few minutes so I wanted to do something.

Are you pressing the back of your head into the bench to stabilize? That would explain the pain. Some lat soreness after benching is normal.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
My diet still sucks but ever since I started trying to improve it and I eat some veggies on the regular now I think I'm already seeing an improvement. When I just started cutting out soda and beer but still was eating bullshit, I noticed my strength stopped going up on bench. I'm still on a cut, just with better food and being more vigilant about protein and last night I crushed 145lb for 5x5 on the BP. A couple of weeks ago I was struggling to do 5 reps of that for even 1 set. In fact 5x5 of anything felt too hard. Also all my random little injuries aren't as bothersome. Maybe I'm just imagining it, I don't know but if I keep getting good workouts I don't care if it's placebo or not.

E: Also what do you use to do cable hammer curls with? Can you just use the rope? My wrist has been feeling a little better after straight bars hosed it up and I'd like to ease back into curls sometime soon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

E: Also what do you use to do cable hammer curls with? Can you just use the rope? My wrist has been feeling a little better after straight bars hosed it up and I'd like to ease back into curls sometime soon.

rope attachment thingy

i think it blasts my bi's better than dum/barbells especially if you do declining weight sets in rapid succession. its easy on the cable machine because you can adjust weights instantly.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 4, 2016

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm using the Jefit Android app and the built in programs. It has me doing 10 exercises a session, I aim for 8 reps x 3. Am I doing it right?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Nobody is doing it right. Every is working out wrong. We are all twinks or strong fats. Don't take advice from anyone in this thread. Start doing steroids. Consider just quitting the gym and drinking.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

genderfluid and beautiful posted:

Chill out and stop reading things into his post.

Highest weight means he's fat

Yes. Give me a ham.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Consider just quitting the gym and drinking.

every single day fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I wanted to do an extra workout on my upper body day Tuesday so I cranked out about 75 dumbbell bench presses. Woke up Thursday and my whole upper back and neck were so stiff I could barely move them. Feels bad man.

i dont think you should involve your neck or back much with dumbbell bench presses mate