Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

spit on my clit posted:

why do ya have to be so sour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Well played.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
: me desperately tryin not to double post (and failing)

Rama of Ra has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Nov 3, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
https://twitter.com/Valli_Swag7/status/794040386763313152?s=09

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SrIggv_Jbo

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The sun?

ninjapieguy posted:

Mass of 6 trillion John Cenas = 684000000000 kg 
Mass of sun = 1989100000000000000000000000000 kg 
Sun wins.

waffles beyond waffles has a new favorite as of 04:34 on Nov 4, 2016

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

:weed:

6 trillion John Cenas would form a celestial body with a mass of 6.84 x 10^14 kg. This makes them approximately as large as a medium-sized asteroid. The sun, meanwhile, masses around 2 x 10^30 kg. In any conceivable encounter between these two objects, the one that is 3,000,000,000,000,000 times bigger is going to win.

I know what you're thinking: can't the John Cenas just, like, punch the sun really hard or hit it with 6 trillion folding chairs or suplex it or something? Well, despite what photos like the above seem, the sun does not really have a "surface." The hot gas (or plasma, if you want to call it that) that is glowing white-hot on the surface of the sun does not give way to outer space - instead, there is a continuous thinning of the atmosphere that only appears to have a boundary. The boundary we see is just the edge between "stuff hot enough to be opaque glowing stuff" and "stuff not quite that hot." So, long before the John Cenas got close to this "surface," they would be well inside the Sun, and be melted and evaporated into gas. And so would their folding chairs. You can't punch gas, nor can you suplex something you can't grab.

efb, but whatever

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe you can't

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

I want this so bad. Too bad It looks like it's a custom print that ended in August.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

how much juice does the lemon contain

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

wiffles beyond wiffles posted:

notjapieguy posted:

Mass of 6 trillion John Cenas = 684000000000 kg
Juice of 1 Lemon = 1989100000000000000000000000000 ml
Lemon wins.

The lemon?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

I swear to Zardoz, if anyone checks my math.........

quote:

That's not enough juice to incapacitate Cena!!!

GO gently caress YOURSELF.

GlobglogGroAbgalab has a new favorite as of 05:30 on Nov 4, 2016

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

6 trillion John Cenas would form a celestial body with a mass of 6.84 x 10^14 kg. This makes them approximately as large as a medium-sized asteroid. The sun, meanwhile, masses around 2 x 10^30 kg. In any conceivable encounter between these two objects, the one that is 3,000,000,000,000,000 times bigger is going to win.

I know what you're thinking: can't the John Cenas just, like, punch the sun really hard or hit it with 6 trillion folding chairs or suplex it or something? Well, despite what photos like the above seem, the sun does not really have a "surface." The hot gas (or plasma, if you want to call it that) that is glowing white-hot on the surface of the sun does not give way to outer space - instead, there is a continuous thinning of the atmosphere that only appears to have a boundary. The boundary we see is just the edge between "stuff hot enough to be opaque glowing stuff" and "stuff not quite that hot." So, long before the John Cenas got close to this "surface," they would be well inside the Sun, and be melted and evaporated into gas. And so would their folding chairs. You can't punch gas, nor can you suplex something you can't grab.

efb, but whatever

He'll just ambush it at night.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Yeah, but it's John Cena though. He's been WWE World Champion like, 12 times. And he will never give up.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I mean yeah, the sun is pretty big I guess but this is Big Match John we're talking about here.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

how many [your moms] would it take to equal the mass of the sun?

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

how many [your moms] would it take to equal the mass of the sun?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

DontMockMySmock posted:

efb, but whatever

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLkGSV9WDMA

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JdWlSF195Y

Fun story: I saw TMBG play the miasma of plasma version live one of the first times they played it, and tell the story behind it. The original version about a mass of gas is weird lyrically because it's basically totally ripped off from an old encyclopedia.

They got a bunch of fan mail correcting them, and their immediate reaction was: "gently caress those guys." (Actual quote.)

The second reaction was to get a newer encyclopedia, go "oh poo poo" and write the new version.

They're so good live. :allears:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dewgy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JdWlSF195Y

Fun story: I saw TMBG play the miasma of plasma version live one of the first times they played it, and tell the story behind it. The original version about a mass of gas is weird lyrically because it's basically totally ripped off from an old encyclopedia.

They got a bunch of fan mail correcting them, and their immediate reaction was: "gently caress those guys." (Actual quote.)

The second reaction was to get a newer encyclopedia, go "oh poo poo" and write the new version.

They're so good live. :allears:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ahhhh old friend it is good to see you

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Metalli as gently caress, if a bit distasteful.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

appreciate the congrats

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

We should get Cher an account

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

well why not posted:

UH YEAH 😅😅👏
TIME 🕑 TO GET HER A ✨NEW✨ ACCOUNT YOU MEAN‼️⌨️💎

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Cher is a regular poster,

How do you think the forums stays funded?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fried Watermelon posted:

Cher is a regular poster,

How do you think the forums stays funded?
Plot twist - Cher is Dare.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

well why not posted:

She died on the 23th of last month though.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

She died on the 23th of last month though.
But there are only 22 days in October?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

But there are only 22 days in October?!

I don't know what this means.

• Locked thread