Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Days are warm but not killer hot, nights are perfect. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Did anyone have any luck getting one of the haunted mansion tiki glasses?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Packing up now for Disney. Woop!

I have TSA precheck and my partner does not, but we both got it on our boarding passes. That's pretty cool. Thanks, TSA.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Old Man Pants posted:

Did anyone have any luck getting one of the haunted mansion tiki glasses?

I was there last week and they said they sold out weeks ago.

Recluse
Mar 5, 2004

Yeah, I did that.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Packing up now for Disney. Woop!

I have TSA precheck and my partner does not, but we both got it on our boarding passes. That's pretty cool. Thanks, TSA.

We just flew into Orlando today, and I too was surprised when everyone in my party got the pre-check (me, wife, mother-in-law, 2 year old and 6 year old) since we were trying to figure out best way to get kids through security. No complaints here!

So, this is the first time I've been to Magic Kingdom since I was 8 -- other than asking for buttons at guest relations for first time visitors as mentioned earlier, is there anything special I should do or watch out for to make this special for my kids? If anyone happens to be working any of the rides we go to sees us, please feel free to say hi!

Kids in their new Disney shirts:

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

It might be too late to make a booking but you could try and get them haircut at the Mainstreet barbershop.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Yell at them on Main Street about how much it costs and how they need to appreciate the trip. That's pretty much the standard experience for kids. :smith:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Dropping kiddo off at my mom's this afternoon and mad fast packing. This time tomorrow we'll be in the land of the Mouse.

Hoping for pre check on my return flight - my little rinky dink airport means you can't show up more than an hour before your 7am flight because no one will be there.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm here. We're in a Fort Wilderness cabin. Don't even think of staying here and not renting a golf cart. Internal buses take forever and it's several miles to the boat launch to MK.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Braksgirl posted:

I'm here. We're in a Fort Wilderness cabin. Don't even think of staying here and not renting a golf cart. Internal buses take forever and it's several miles to the boat launch to MK.

How easy is it to get a golf cart rented if you don't do it in advance?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Recluse posted:

We just flew into Orlando today, and I too was surprised when everyone in my party got the pre-check (me, wife, mother-in-law, 2 year old and 6 year old) since we were trying to figure out best way to get kids through security. No complaints here!

So, this is the first time I've been to Magic Kingdom since I was 8 -- other than asking for buttons at guest relations for first time visitors as mentioned earlier, is there anything special I should do or watch out for to make this special for my kids? If anyone happens to be working any of the rides we go to sees us, please feel free to say hi!

Kids in their new Disney shirts:

If they're into Star Wars at all, and you have a day scheduled at Hollywood Studios, be there at opening and HUSTLE to Jedi Training Academy to get them signed up.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
In line for haunted mansion right now and we have reservations for Tony's later. Tonight is the first night of the new projection show at MK that replaces Celebrate the Magic.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

chitoryu12 posted:

How easy is it to get a golf cart rented if you don't do it in advance?

Super easy. You just book one at the check in desk. That's what we did. We didn't book in advance.

Also, Cali Grill is amazing. Smores Creme Brulee, y'all. Oh my god.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Shitposting from our flight to Orlando. We should be on Disney property by 9 and I've convinced the girlfriend to try il mulano for an arrival night dinner.

nbakyfan posted:

we have reservations for Tony's later.

Why would you do this to yourself?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Watching the new projection show in the rain.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Braksgirl posted:

How is it? Hoping for 50% in the afternoon to turn into nothing by the time we get there tomorrow.

And Cali Grill was phenomenal. Make sure to save your receipt to watch the fireworks later on in the week, if you weren't there for Wishes.

Looks like potential DisneyGoon meetup this week yall.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

It poured so badly. We were in the center of the hub with perfect spots. We ended up leaving about 1 minute prior to start and decided to just come back Sunday so we could see the whole thing start to finish.

Edit: some of the Cubs will be at Magic Kingdom tomorrow for the champions parade at 4:30.

Edit 2: link->> http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-cubs-disney-magic-kingdom-20161104-story.html

nbakyfan fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 5, 2016

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
I want to give a huge shout-out to Braksgirl... she is a consummate travel professional and was absolutely instrumental in my recent successful un-stressful vacation. I cannot recommend her enough! She rocks, hard.

Thanks Braksgirl! :-)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

You're welcome! I love a happy Goon client!

The projection show was great, I thought. I got chills a lot. We showed up at 9:25 and got a decent spot right in front of the umbrellas by the Plaza. We had a tripod set up to live feed the show on our Facebook page, then the sky opened up and we hauled rear end to the Tomorrowland bathrooms in the corner. The rain slacked up about a minute after the show started and we decided to just get a bit wet. As of right now the show is still on our page. We'll see how long that lasts.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
Just saw a video of Once Upon a Time and although it was heavily edited it did seem like they took out most of the pyros and effects the original Tokyo version had, which is a real shame! Still a great show, but shouldn't they be adding things when they port shows over?

In rather sadder news, last night Jean-Jacques Perrey, the author of Baroque Hoedown, sadly passed away. Here's an old video of him enjoying the Main Street Electrical Parade in 2001: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15bhi5_jean-jacques-perrey-at-disneyland-paris-watching-the-main-street-electrical-parade_travel

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Weather report is swell for today. High temp might hit 80 otherwise the next few days will be cooler daily temps and 60's for the lows. Rain chances and small now that the front moved through last night which was what you may have experienced.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Oh good. Let me say that traveling from 39 degrees this morning at 5am to 74 now is a pleasant change of pace.
Husband still hasn't left due to big delays from the massive fog storm this morning back home. Looks like I may sneak over to the parks for a couple hours before he gets here.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

My wife is at Epcot for another food/wine trip and just texted me about an hour ago and said Epcot is as capacity!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Glad I'm avoiding them today. gently caress I've got dinner res at Biergarten tomorrow at 7, I hope I get in. drat half marathon weekend.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

mattfl posted:

My wife is at Epcot for another food/wine trip and just texted me about an hour ago and said Epcot is as capacity!

Grand Fiesta Tour, a ride that so few people care about it usually just posts "Open" instead of a wait time, is at a 30 minute wait today.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's the first day the free dining offer was available during food and wine fest, if you're wondering why the crowds.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The half marathon weekend is the bigger reason. It was also the first ever EPCOT 10k this morning, so the majority of them just stayed for the day. Those races are huge, plus their friends and families.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Currently attending the final night of HHN with my camera. They just opened the gates at 6:11.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why ARE those races so huge

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They're really, really well organized and supported events. Did my first half and full marathon at Disney and loved it. You get great Disney swag including big metal medals of various characters and iconic monuments. It's also a great excuse to plan a vacation and eat like a land whale.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Oh my god, Sanaa. I just had the most fantastic dinner.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

Did you get the bread option? Everything on that menu is phenomenal. Plus the animals outside. We're at ESPN watching college football avoiding the crowds. Judging by the crowd at the boardwalk Disney is packed.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I just got back from Jiko!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

We had hot dogs. :)

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Went through my first ever clusterfuck of trying to walk past the castle to get out before wishes. Was at a standstill for 10 min as no one could move. MK was jammed. We thought Ariel would be a 20 min wait and people out of nowhere emerged. Ended up leaving early to come back to our hotel and drink/watch football.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anyone gonna be in MK Tuesday?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

chitoryu12 posted:

Currently attending the final night of HHN with my camera. They just opened the gates at 6:11.

I was there too! Did everything but Horror story but I got there about 930

Epcot was absolutely bonkers today. Germany was an absolute cluster, I didn't get many shots between sets.

Glad you enjoyed Sanaa. The bread service is a necessity.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinking about taking a one day trip next week as we prepare to move, few questions:

A. Are the value hotels still better priced than any off site ones? Are there any decent cheapest off site ones?

B. I have magic your way tickets scheduled for December, could I go next week and trade those towards the AP or do I have to wait until December?

Thanks goons :3

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Anyone gonna be in MK Tuesday?
Most likely there and Epcot at some point.

BBS - were you working yesterday evening? And does your name start with an M? I debated on saying something but instead gave the butler a big awkward smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recluse
Mar 5, 2004

Yeah, I did that.

Quixotic1 posted:

It might be too late to make a booking but you could try and get them haircut at the Mainstreet barbershop.

Ah, this would've been cool but I didn't even see the barbershop and forgot about it. May have to try again on Monday when we go back for the Christmas celebration.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Yell at them on Main Street about how much it costs and how they need to appreciate the trip. That's pretty much the standard experience for kids. :smith:
Wow, flashbacks. When I was little and we had went, my dad was stressing when he couldn't afford to buy my sister a princess tiara at MK that she wanted and I think that ruined the trip for him. Even when I saw the bill for the Crystal Palace though, I was able to keep from saying anything so hopefully no repeats there.

Test Pattern posted:

If they're into Star Wars at all, and you have a day scheduled at Hollywood Studios, be there at opening and HUSTLE to Jedi Training Academy to get them signed up.

Unfortunately, we just planned for 2 days only at MK this time around, but I'm sure they would've loved that. :(

Braksgirl posted:

You're welcome! I love a happy Goon client!

The projection show was great, I thought. I got chills a lot. We showed up at 9:25 and got a decent spot right in front of the umbrellas by the Plaza. We had a tripod set up to live feed the show on our Facebook page, then the sky opened up and we hauled rear end to the Tomorrowland bathrooms in the corner. The rain slacked up about a minute after the show started and we decided to just get a bit wet. As of right now the show is still on our page. We'll see how long that lasts.

We left right when it really started coming down and we couldn't find the ponchos we brought. :(
Any chance I could get a link to your facebook so we could see the show?