Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You're 100% right with this but it's definitely on the more boring side of the trash scale.

I liked Civil War cos I thought the fight scenes were good. In comparison DS is nauseating.

I thought it was more fun than the usual Marvel trash. Like when Dr Strange tricks the big bad, for capebros movie that was a well setup clever ruse even if anyone who has watched an episode of Star Trek would choke on their cheetos at the simplicity. The visuals were really fun and trippy too.

One of my favorite capbros movies I think. It's no Guardians of the Galaxy but it's above Ironman 8 or Spiderdude 4: Secret of the Ooze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I mean any marvel movie that doesn't have a giant thing falling from the sky at least gets a few extra points.

I still thought the main character was too similar to iron man and the ant man.

Sick of the sarcastic male hero.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If it's just kind of Trippy and not some radical two hour black light poster and it doesn't compare to gaurdians of the galaxy then it's probably totally lame

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Guardians of the Galaxy owned though

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Berious posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy owned though

Sorry, if you post in this thread you're not allowed to like things, you must remain above it all and act like everything is trash.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

WampaLord posted:

Sorry, if you post in this thread you're not allowed to like things, you must remain above it all and act like everything is trash.

I just assume everyone here suffers from varying styles of depression and can only relate to nihilistic, miserable experiences.

That's why I watch RLM anyway.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the only movie i've ever watched in the last year is space cop

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hemingway To Go! posted:

What does venture bros have to do with this
I was not expecting an Orpheus movie

I have heard comparisons made by others.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I have heard comparisons made by others.

He wears a cape and does magic, I think that's about it.

If he had Orpheus' voice and mannerisms, I'd be going to a midnight showing.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

WampaLord posted:

He wears a cape and does magic, I think that's about it.

If he had Orpheus' voice and mannerisms, I'd be going to a midnight showing.

Orpheus is a pretty close parody of Dr. Strange, I think their wives even left them for the same reason

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Sick of the sarcastic male hero.

Would the Dude from Big Lebowski work against that trope? A superhero who really doesn't want to be there that day and is constantly put upon by others but isn't ambitious enough to take the initiative or clever enough to come up with witty comebacks

If a character like that would work, what superhero could fit that description?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I like YMS he is the funny man with the funny reviews

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I'm not going to see Dr Weird because it's a bad movie.

I know it's a bad movie because it has superheroes in it and it's not the movie Chronicle.

Thank you for reading! :)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Film bad.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
... do you guys not get that Orpheus is based off of Dr. strange?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

a bone to pick posted:

... do you guys not get that Orpheus is based off of Dr. strange?

What's next? Richard Impossible is actually Reed Richards just because they both stretch? You're insane, man.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

I'm not going to see Dr Weird because it's a bad movie.

I know it's a bad movie because it has superheroes in it and it's not the movie Chronicle.

Thank you for reading! :)

Max Landis account confirmed.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The only movie I watch is Space Cop

Over and over

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WampaLord posted:

gently caress movies.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

gently caress movies.

Doo doodley dee
Doo doodoo doo dee dee dee deeee

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI6YgHidevk

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm still surprised after the success of GotG that Gunn's "The Specials" hasn't had a bit of a popularity boom.

It's got several fairly well known actors in it, Gunn's involvement, it mocks the superhero genre about a good decade early and does it better than Mystery Men. That's a movie I'd think Netflix could almost revive as a series given how little superpowers actually play into the plot and its more about how everyone is just unhappy having become superheroes.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Forgot to mention I saw Doctor Strange a couple of days ago, it was okay and a bit different. Cumberbatch's new yorker is alright I guess? Though I'm still waiting for the avengers/gotg/marvel superhero orgy Infinity war two-parter.

oh my god, that is both nice and horrifying.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JB50 posted:

I might go see it just because Gal Gadot pisses off all the right people.

I will never understand this new trend of going to see movies to spite others.

Do you imagine [poorly defined group who disagree with] wailing and gnashing their teeth in defeat as you triumphantly walk into the theater, thus changing the world for the better?

How many times did you go see GB 2016:Answer the call?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

I will never understand this new trend of going to see movies to spite others.

Do you imagine [poorly defined group who disagree with] wailing and gnashing their teeth in defeat as you triumphantly walk into the theater, thus changing the world for the better?

How many times did you go see GB 2016:Answer the call?

Yes, zero.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Mindless consumption is the best way to be politically aware and Correct.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the dudes who cut the DC film trailers are loving masters of the craft. pure snake oil salesmen. the DC films are complete garbage but god drat if i didn't think that WW trailer was cut well. the film has a 100% chance of being garbage

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Remember the first episode of Best of the Worst, the film Russian Terminator?
The guys were talking about how nobody in that film knew a single word of English so the pronunciations and stresses we're all over the place, that's exactly how Gal Gadot sounds to me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I watched Blair Witch.

I'm basically Gandhi.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Doctor Strange was really good.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

the dudes who cut the [DC or Marvel] film trailers are loving masters of the craft. pure snake oil salesmen. the [DC or Marvel] films are complete garbage but god drat if i didn't think that [current DC or Marvel] trailer was cut well. the film has a 100% chance of being garbage

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
On BOTW #...4 (The Shoji Tabuchi one) , I think, there was a Florence Henderson Makeup video that was viewed and previewed during the summaries at the beginning and then... nothing. Nary a single mention nor a tape-on-the-table during the discussion.

Was there ever any explanation as to why?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Half in the BAAAG

with FOOD WISHES dot COM

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Since people are talking about Dr Strange, Dan Harmon had an AMA and talked about his experience on the movie

Dan Harmon posted:

It was a joy. I didn't have to deal with any of the pressures and anxieties that I'm sure are a constant over there. Stepping off an elevator into a lobby with a giant MARVEL logo is already insane, it feels like you're being brought into the Pentagon. Then to finally meet the mucky mucks over there like Kevin Feige was so refreshing and uplifting....I've been pitching and babbling about high concept stuff for twenty years and I'd gotten so used to this dichotomy of the "suits," who loved sports and couldn't wait to leave work and who barely cared about the medium, versus the writers, who were the only nerds on a movie, constantly irritating the suits with their logical points about the original property and who were looked at as a necessary evil that weren't welcome on set....so to step into that ministry, where it's official, we WON, the people that care whether a super hero movie is a good are now the people controlling everything...it just feels glorious, even before you get into the experience of them saying, "so, we haven't shown this to anybody yet, would you mind taking a look?" And getting to see what these things look like when they're 80 percent done...it was a breathtaking experience, I can't gush enough about it. It would be more than a dream come true to get back over there and talk to them about more stuff ...I mean, it's what we do for "fun" so if you imagine getting to do it for a check AND the possibility that you're somehow helping...it's as intensely orgasmic as you'd think, times ten. And I don't care how late in a production anyone might want to talk to me about projects in that genre...I'd love to get a chance to show them what I could do if I was there earlier. But we all know me, I'd probably just choke and screw everything up so maybe I should happy with my Dr. Strange tote bag and the bag of awesome weed Tilda Swinton gave me JUST KIDDING I didn't talk to her. I went to the wrap party. Steve Levy almost choked on a overly dry slider and had to puke it up near a very bummed out DJ. I'm telling you that because I know he'd want you to know.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dan Harmon seems like a chill guy, it's a shame all his TV projects end up so far up their own asses.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MrSlam posted:

Since people are talking about Dr Strange, Dan Harmon had an AMA and talked about his experience on the movie

What a nerd.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Guy that threw a tantrum because he couldn't use slave labor to make his lovely show is thrilled to work for literal slave owners.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

MrSlam posted:

I never thought about Dan was this laid back, but that was pretty cool of him to talk about that.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
The only real complaint I had about the movie was how much it felt like all the other marvel movies. NO Mcguffin though so that was good and the villian made sense and yeah it was great to look at.

Go watch it it's pretty good I don't know how anyone can actively dislike this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Marvel films nowadays just feel like a goddamn soap opera, you know there's some popular or obscure supervillain trying to destroy the world, there's a climatic "epic" action sequence, iron man, captain america or ant-face usually win and everyone's happy...then the audience stay behind for some super secret info that's gonna be important later for the next movie. Rinse and repeat until the next avengers movie shows up.

Honest to god, watching suicide squad almost felt like a breath of fresh air from all that.

• Locked thread