Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

IMB posted:

Wait a sec, where the gently caress is Judith?

They left her back at Alexandria with Gabriel in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I still can't believe there's a kid named Carl.

I think Kirkman named Carl after his father, so...

After the latest episode, I'm just hoping that there's a guy at the Kingdom making battle armor for the hogs. Just hogs in goofy plate armor and helmets.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
2 for 2 on good episodes this season, my gosh.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Vitamin P posted:

2 for 2 on good episodes this season, my gosh.

This isn't the Black Mirror thread.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Serf posted:

I was thinking about this a few days ago. It is an interesting thought, but it suffers from the same problem as The Last of Us. Being immune to the zombie infection but not immune to being torn apart is still kinda useless.

Given enough time the walker population will be pretty much wiped out if there aren't many new ones being created and getting free.

I like the idea of the super time skip ending. Jump forward a few decades and show Judith dying in her 60's or 70's, surrounded by younger people. A line of dialogue saying how no-one born after a certain time ever turns, but they keep watch all night, just in case.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Given enough time the walker population will be pretty much wiped out if there aren't many new ones being created and getting free.

I like the idea of the super time skip ending. Jump forward a few decades and show Judith dying in her 60's or 70's, surrounded by younger people. A line of dialogue saying how no-one born after a certain time ever turns, but they keep watch all night, just in case.

It's gonna be like Interstellar but with Rick instead of Matthew McConaughey.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like Morgan and Carol and the dumb tiger city, mostly because it feels so different and I'm just so tired of all these zombies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm just glad that it's not just Rick's group that has a stupid Goon

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm just glad that it's not just Rick's group that has a stupid Goon

I hope they get some scenes together.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Randandal posted:

Can't wait to drain all the goodwill E2 earned with an E3 filled with Daryl getting beat up and yelled at by Saviors while he remains silent, spits out a curseword at them, and hugs the floor crying for an hour.

Just like he and Merl used to :unsmith:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

LadyPictureShow posted:

After the latest episode, I'm just hoping that there's a guy at the Kingdom making battle armor for the hogs. Just hogs in goofy plate armor and helmets.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molossus_(dog)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

I like Morgan and Carol and the dumb tiger city, mostly because it feels so different and I'm just so tired of all these zombies.

I wish more people were buying into his act to the point to join in. I so want the guy they eventually send to lead the rebellion against Negan would talk like "Avast! I have a quest to slay you, beast! Let us duel in honorable combat!" before being lit up by machine gun fire

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cjg posted:

They left her back at Alexandria with Gabriel in charge.

I am looking forward to the Gabriel side story they fill time with, wherein he immediately looses Judith and zombies eat her while he looks crazy-eyed.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Question for all of you. If this is the last season, it's not, but say AMC goes bankrupt or they decide to just end it BBC style, how should the series end?

I'd prefer just seeing a happy rick living a good life with his kid living the good life.

Oh, they absolutely should end with a time forward showing Alexandria as the new capitol of a new nation that rises from the ashes, to maybe like 100-200 years later when humanity is actually rebuilding and it is revealed the next generation - Judith in particular - is actually immune to the zombie condition, and cannot contract it; they inherited immunity from their parents.

The world is reclaimed, Rick has a statue and is basically George Washington of the future, and we see some sort of museum dedicated to all that fell to restart civilization.

Seems like a really perfect ending to me, if they wanted to not suck. So they'll do the reverse of all of that.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Maybe have the main group minus Judith have to sacrifice themselves to pass on the "cure" information like I Am Legend did in the movie.

I honestly think that one random theory may in fact be true: That future generations cannot contract the zombie plague. It kind of makes sense, and it would be a huge pay off for why the series - both TV and comic - have kept a baby in them for so long. Judith seems like something easier to cut for TV if she weren't plot important.

I think one day she will get bit, this will be revealed, and that will offer a great lead in to an exit of the series. But I could be wrong. It'd be a good way to end things, though, in my opinion; it'd all but assure that everyone's struggle to insure the next generation's survival would ultimately be the tipping point for humanity to recover, with zombie bites becoming painful injuries, not death sentences, and no fear of reanimation behind your own walls.

brocked posted:

Especially since the only way to effectively demonstrate your immunity now is to die and not turn

Or get bitten in a critical area like right on the chest, and not show signs of infection.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 3, 2016

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Oh, they absolutely should end with a time forward showing Alexandria as the new capitol of a new nation that rises from the ashes, to maybe like 100-200 years later when humanity is actually rebuilding and it is revealed the next generation - Judith in particular - is actually immune to the zombie condition, and cannot contract it; they inherited immunity from their parents.

The world is reclaimed, Rick has a statue and is basically George Washington of the future, and we see some sort of museum dedicated to all that fell to restart civilization.

Seems like a really perfect ending to me, if they wanted to not suck. So they'll do the reverse of all of that.

I honestly think that one random theory may in fact be true: That future generations cannot contract the zombie plague. It kind of makes sense, and it would be a huge pay off for why the series - both TV and comic - have kept a baby in them for so long. Judith seems like something easier to cut for TV if she weren't plot important.

I think one day she will get bit, this will be revealed, and that will offer a great lead in to an exit of the series. But I could be wrong. It'd be a good way to end things, though, in my opinion; it'd all but assure that everyone's struggle to insure the next generation's survival would ultimately be the tipping point for humanity to recover, with zombie bites becoming painful injuries, not death sentences, and no fear of reanimation behind your own walls.

Or get bitten in a critical area like right on the chest, and not show signs of infection.

FTWD toyed with a group held together by a sort of cult of personality guy that had been bitten but didn't turn. Turned out he'd been trying to help a kid that they threw to the zombies because he'd been high on bath salts or PCP or something at the time.

Knowing WD show writers, the ending would start by showing some new arrivals in Alexandria and throughout the ep, they keep dropping how 'they need to go see Rick', so oh, you think Rick's the leader and they have to do an entrance interview a la Deanna's system. By the end there's a twist and it's revealed 'going to see Rick' is some sort of altar or sepulchre or something with Rick's ancient-rear end bones on display, and it's been so long he's become some sort of mythical figure because he kept their eventual lord and saviors Coral and Judith alive long enough for them to grow up and become those what solved the zombie crisis.

Or, they keep talking about going to see the monument to the great hero that saved humanity from the zombies, they go see it at the end of the ep, pan up and it's Gabriel or something.

magpie
Apr 28, 2006
I'm caught up now and I am actually pretty happy with this garbage now.

The Negan one two was great and couldn't have happened to two better people (that Glen had it coming). I found it the most surprising intense TV I've seen a long long time and the most horrifying TV, well ever.

I was dreading a Morgan episode but Carol made it alright, glad to see her finally get a booty call. Though thinking about it she already did from that builder guy in Alexandria right? Is he still alive? Is that spazzy Spencer still alive? The tiger was poo poo but it was the guy turned out alright, I'm glad they dropped the facade very quickly. Maybe I phased out or something (it's the best way to watch this show) but was it explained if the the residents there are just playing along with it cause it's stable or are they actually buying into the whole King thing?

It always bugged me how they split the cast and focused on only one set each episode, like now the whole crew is split up again; Rick and Co back to Alexandria, Maggie and Sasha going to Jesus' place, the pregnant one and Dr Dre gone caravan vacation, Morgan and Carol, Daryl kidnapped. But I suppose I should just accept it, it occurs to me they've being doing this now since season 3 with the lame governor town episodes and oh god...the Beth episodes.

Senor Tron posted:

I like any town that shows how much better any community without Rick in charge seems to do.

This is so true. Rick is a just a perpetual train wreck wherever he shows up, next stop The Kingdom!

Have Carol and Morgan just totally abandoned Alexandria now? They've got no intention of going back right?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

Then they wouldn't be susceptible to ANY infections, a zombie's mouth would be worse than a Komodo dragon's at this point

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

nawcom posted:

Ah yes. Rosita Espinosa - doubt an Asian name.

The actor's (Christian Serratos) mom is Mexican and dad is Italian according to her wiki page

Uh, Filipino people do exist, you know.

My cousin's fiancee is Filipino and she has a super-Spanish name.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Blazing Ownager posted:

Call this 'The Mailman' ending.

But yeah, since the comic book author likes money he will never end the comic book series which means the show will likely limp along forever until AMC either goes under or finds another show that does better in the ratings and decides to cut and run.

For those that watched, did MadMen get better near the end or worse? Was the ending satisfying?

And since all the ideas here are amazing, I suspect NONE of those things will happen and Judith is being saved by the author so Rick has ONE LAST thing to lose after losing Carl somehow.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I'm amazed it took al the way until the Kingdom for anyone to make a spear. Literally the best anti-zombie weapon possible and it's the first human invention after the rock. Have stick? > Make it sharp. Even Chimpanzee's do this in the wild.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Morgan made several before he switched to the staff

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I hope the show goes completely off the rails as time goes on. In season 18 I want to see a revived Roman Empire throwing legions at Greek hoplites somewhere in the Midwest.

Season 23 will see caravels from New Spain arriving on the beaches of Florida.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

And since all the ideas here are amazing, I suspect NONE of those things will happen and Judith is being saved by the author so Rick has ONE LAST thing to lose after losing Carl somehow.

Two full episodes of Negan beating a baby with a club made from one of Carl's femurs as everyone is forced to watch, ratings gold.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

T-Dog (forever still the greatest in our hearts) was using a fireplace poker and riot shield in S3, so he was basically a Spartan.

On that front, why didn't anyone else think to grab a shield so they could phalanx maneuver the prison zombies? Probably for the same 'reasons' that only Glenn thought to use riot armor after a few episodes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MeLKoR posted:

From what we saw the new generation of imune children will do pretty well just feasting on wild pigs. Seriously, pigs are loving vicious, in 10 years time you couldn't shake a stick without hitting a pig.

e: also, dogs

You could but you wouldn't want to piss then off. After a year of being feral pigs grow fur, tusks and become boars.

JohnCrichton
Mar 6, 2007
Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack.

Vanderdeath posted:

Uh, Filipino people do exist, you know.

My cousin's fiancee is Filipino and she has a super-Spanish name.

Yea but pinoys aren't really asian.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

JohnCrichton posted:

Yea but pinoys aren't really asian.

Isn't the Philippines considered a Southeast Asian country?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I always forget about T-Dog. Was he ever going to have anything more or did they just have no idea what to do with him?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

bobjr posted:

I always forget about T-Dog. Was he ever going to have anything more or did they just have no idea what to do with him?

T-Dog was the poo poo.

Also I just learned that the actor that played Dale quit because of loyalties to Darabont. gently caress yeah man. I loved him and hated he left the show, but kudos for sticking it to the lovely execs.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Call this 'The Mailman' ending.
For those that watched, did MadMen get better near the end or worse? Was the ending satisfying?

Some good character moments and some closure but I wouldn't say worse. Good dialogue, acting, costumes and set designs as always and still carried that theme of the changing world. There wasn't any "ZOMG EXPLOSIONS" scene but really just quiet desperation like most of the series. Some called it a little anti-climactic but it was that kind of show. Some guys got promotions, some people died, Draper finally came to a crossroads and it left it open to interpretation that he might have go back to Marketing with one last Giant Idea. Like I said: it was Mad Men. It was a solid show but quieter and more subdued than Breaking Bad, which was very fitting. It certainly wasn't Dexter. Btw you should watch Better Call Saul as that show is drat fine and it needs more viewers.

galagazombie posted:

I'm amazed it took al the way until the Kingdom for anyone to make a spear. Literally the best anti-zombie weapon possible and it's the first human invention after the rock. Have stick? > Make it sharp. Even Chimpanzee's do this in the wild.

Same here. Hell simple bows aren't THAT hard to make. Especially if someone has livestick you got plenty of intestine or whatnot for string. There are a ton of ex special forces guys living in the middle of nowhere even today that can make traps and simple weapons out of nothing and I'm sure at least some of those guys survived. Hell Morgan had his town in Clear and Michonne essentially did the same. I know plenty of fellow rednecks that made a lovely bow and spear to gig fish. Some kids even did that for fun. Also can use some forms of moonshine for a gasoline substitute that will kill an engine long term if it works. Sometimes it just causes a big kaboom of fire. Don't try this with things you care about btw.

In another alternate reality Walking Dead I would love them to have them explore this route as well as gasoline ageing and becoming useless and cordite becoming rarer and rarer. That bollocks show revolution had black powder muskets and flintlocks in the early season. Always thought that was a nice touch as people had to start making their own gunpowder from scratch. Course later on they ignored they started ignoring that.

John F Bennett posted:

I hope the show goes completely off the rails as time goes on. In season 18 I want to see a revived Roman Empire throwing legions at Greek hoplites somewhere in the Midwest.
Season 23 will see caravels from New Spain arriving on the beaches of Florida.

Ave Amicus! I want this.... badly. Could you get a job writing for Z Nation please?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

bobjr posted:

I remember on a work trip, I showed my coworker 'T-Dog season 2 scenes' which was all of 5 minutes. When Merle came back I was like 'cool, he'll finally have a story arc!' and he was the only one to stand up for the 'nice' prisoners. But of course he died once he got a whiff of character development, which seemed to start the trend.

I wish he were still around.

E: I feel like S3 was just a shitton of wasted potential. Sure it had 'Clear', but for the most part it seemed like side characters just rotted on the vine. Oscar, Axel, Milton, Merle...

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 5, 2016

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What is carols motivation right now,? Iirc she ran off last season for plot development and out of character bad writing reasons. What is her goal?

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I wonder if this is the week we find out whether or not Glenn really died.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Bigass Moth posted:

What is carols motivation right now,? Iirc she ran off last season for plot development and out of character bad writing reasons. What is her goal?

Figure out what her goal is. That sounds snide but that's really it, she wants a reason to keep living besides survival's sake otherwise it's just a mountain of corpses with her at the top

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

DarklyDreaming posted:

Figure out what her goal is. That sounds snide but that's really it, she wants a reason to keep living besides survival's sake otherwise it's just a mountain of corpses with her at the top

Ya pretty much this. She wasn't happy being a Rambo like killer or a wolf in sheep's clothing cookie baker who threatens children. She isn't sure what she wants or if she wants to get close to people again, see them die or be threatened and have to become a ruthless killer again.

I always assumed she was still a little hosed up about Rick and co. murdering those people in their sleep and her and Maggie being captured and then having to kill her captors, some of whom slightly humanized themselves before she killed them.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Stickarts posted:

I wonder if this is the week we find out whether or not Glenn really died.

I wish there was an edit of that scene where a Dumpster flies in from off camera in front of all of Negan's bat swings.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I finally get to watch one of these live. I'm hyped.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

Whoa wtf Glenn died?

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

Heh I did not think I would see Tony Danza today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
All the poo poo Dwight and Negan have to steal every day just for a sandwich