Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Trilin posted:

I mean, its pretty obvious, but without a holy elemental weapon there's not a lot going on with Orlandeau at all, his best attack is left at a tiny fraction of its potential when elemental chains and the vulnerability debuff are gone.
  • 210% mod attack with a 30% Stop proc, and, as we've learned with Agrias's LB, very few things resist Stop and if they don't it's downright crippling
  • A -40% ATK/MAG debuff attack, basically both of Ramza's debuffs wrapped up in a single action (albeit 3-turn instead of 5-turn)
  • A better source of self-MP restoration than Osmose
  • A Thunder-element mini-barrage as well as Agrias's Cleansing Strike/Northswain's Glow
  • Immunity to most of the physically-crippling statuses (save for Stone) along with his huge ATK boost for equipping a Greatsword. Luneth has similar here, so it's more an equivalence than an advantge.

He is more than just Holy Explosion spam, it's just that Holy Explosion spam is so broken that nobody looks at it.

Contrast Luneth, whose options are Bladeblitz, "hit a single dude hard", and a self-buff skill to make his hard hits hit harder.

quote:

Dual Wield pushes Luneth's attack well past Orlandeau's, with a better attacking skill to boot.

Assume no TMRs. Unfortunately this means we have a slightly incomplete picture since we don't know what event weapons are upcoming, but we'll just give what we currently have, weapon-wise, in Global. Aside from Daggers (Luneth) vs Robes/Heavy Shields (Orlandu), their equipment options are identical, and shields are useless for boosting attack, which means the best F2P non-weapon loadout for boosting their attack is 2x Hero Ring + Dark Helm + Black Belt Gi, for +20% Atk and a +22 Atk kicker. That leaves us in the mathcrafting step.

Luneth has the inherent bonus of Dual Wield, and needing a Sword instead of a Great Sword for his passive skill. That means he can equip the Enhancer (+82 Atk) and the Chirijiraden (+80, Fire) without issue.
His 6*/100 base Atk is 146, giving him a total of 146 + 43 (+30% with sword) + 29 (ATK +20%) + 29 (Hero Ring boosts) + 184 (Equipment stats) = 431 Attack before Esper Boosts.
If the Sword Mastery triggers for both weapons he has equipped, a better option would be the Shining Splendor over the Chirijiraden, which loses 8 points on equipment but gains another 43 in passives for a net gain of 35 Atk, or 466 total.

Orlandu has, currently, worse non-TMR weapon options that ping his passive, and no Dual Wield. He's stuck using the Blood Sword (ATK +76) to get his passive running.
His 6*/100 base Atk is 155, giving him a total of 155 + 62 (+40% with greatsword) + 46 (ATK +30%) + 31 (Hero Ring boosts) + 98 = 392 Atk before esper boosts.

I will admit, if Sword Mastery stacks, Luneth is head and shoulders above pretty much everyone around currently unless/until you find a Firion or Orlandu with a TM Dual Wield. If not, the added boost from a single Excalibur (an added 44 Atk) not only puts Orlandu on par with a dual-wielding Luneth, but also enables Holy Explosion Spam Lite. Dual Wield is an equalizer here for Luneth, not an advantage.

quote:

Luneth comes out the box as a powerhouse the way Lightning does, not requiring another huge level of RNG getting Dual Wield (I'll forgive Excalibur, since Cecils were easy to pick up), even if you didn't mind grinding out said TMs.

Ironically, Lightning and Orlandu actually work amazingly well together - a 6-hit Lightning-elemental barragelike synergizes in absurd ways with Crushing Blow. Luneth is, and will always be, in a vacuum without any added TMs of his own - he doesn't synergize, he's a self-sufficient beatstick. That's not a bad thing to be, mind you, it just means that he's good independent of all other factors but has no way of getting better.

I will admit I didn't give Luneth enough credit, but Orlandu starts on a roughly even keel with him and only gets better.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Trilin posted:

Is that actually what it says? Its not very clear, but I just kinda assumed it was an exclusive materia from the event or whatever.

Ah, my bad. I somehow interpreted that as being her TM reward and the idea of it being self only just boggled the poo poo out of me. If it's an event thing, though... hmm, I wonder if it will stack like Spooky Auras...

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
:f5:

quote:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are required to extend our maintenance by 1 hour until 8:00 PDT.

We sincerely apologize for the extended wait and any inconvenience it may have caused.

:negative:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
COMPENSATE ME

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Probably throw us 30 NRG bottle as compensation.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh god why.

I'm actually planning on burning a few tickets on this because I have no self control. If I'm lucky I'll get a Zidane, Locke or a Pink Waifu while chasing something else.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

COMPENSATE ME

this is unironically the best part about maintenance going long

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

m.hache posted:

I just wish I had a Locke. I'd be grinding the poo poo out of him for that Throwing Weapon.

It's an absolute shame that the only weapon I have for CoD a +33 ATK boomerang.

Is there anything else that I can craft/obtain for her?

The Lunar Pestle from the mogcake event and the upcoming magic hammer from the FF3 event.

She uses hammers.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Lunar Pestle from the mogcake event and the upcoming magic hammer from the FF3 event.

She uses hammers.

That looked like a Great Hammer. Is she actually able to use it? If so, sweeeet.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

She uses hammers.

You're thinking of maces. She can't wield hammers :(

Which frankly, makes no sense at all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shark Tower posted:

You're thinking of maces. She can't wield hammers :(

Which frankly, makes no sense at all.

Well, I mean, as a cloud in the shape of a naked lady, we should be lucky she can use anything at all.

But no, CoD's equipment loadout - Maces, Throwing Weapons, Staffs, Rods, with Clothes/Robes/Hats for armor - is decidedly a mage-based loadout despite CoD herself having a melee attacker stat and skill build. It's her one Achilles heel. If she had an equipment selection like, say, Cecil or even Lid, she'd be amazing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have 6400 Jewels and some 19 tickets, if I spend an 11 pull with jewels now will I get back 5000 by the end of the month?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Not even close. You'll get 800 from Daily Login Rewards, 100 for each story stage you complete (another 800), and 100 for the Crystal Tower Event, putting your total at 1700... unless I'm forgetting something.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
bediled

and then i get a loving lightning from a ticket pull WELP

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
First half off pull, Ingus!

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

:f5:gogogogogogogogo:f5:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Awright, we're back up!

Half-price: Vivi :geno:
Ticket #1: Krile :geno::geno:
Ticket #2: Maria :shepicide:
Ticket #3: Galuf :negative:

Why do I keep expecting anything of worth out of this gacha :suicide:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
NOTE: the Battle Against the Pumpkins chest has 60 energy in it, so don't claim it right away if you want to save it!

Let's do some pulls.

Half-price: 3* Lani

I have 13 tickets so I'll do 3 pulls.

3* Rydia
3* Arc
4* Edgar

Meh, not great. Hey, a second Edgar though, now I can have chainsaw fun times!

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Half price Arc.

Um...yay?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Daily: 4* Refia. It begins...

e: ticket: 3* Arc. :getin:

e2: did a few lapis pulls because why not. Sabin, Sabin, seriously game? Oh hi there Arc #2. One day we shall dual wield Omnirods.

One day.

No Ignus or Luneth but who cares, I got what I really wanted and Refia's just a bonus honestly.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 4, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Daily: 4* Refia

Well I guess I'm done with this banner.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Alright.

Let's do this:

Half price - Lani

Gold: Anzelm
Sabin
Gold: Kain
Ingus
Ingus
Russell
Gold: Krile
Clyne
Galuf

gently caress this game man.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Operation Get A Full Breaker: with 17 tickets, I figured I'd do one half-price and seven tickets to save up my lapis.

Half-price: Lani
Ticket 1: Gold! Rydia.
Ticket 2: Maria
Ticket 3: Gold! Bedile'd.
Ticket 4: Sabin
Ticket 5: Rydia
Ticket 6: Penelo
Ticket 7: Gilbert

...let's make it an even ten, this is just sad.

Ticket 8: Clyne
Ticket 9: Edgar (Chainsaw meta time!)
Ticket 10: Ingus. Well, that was a rollercoaster of emotions.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
THE DREAM, my first summon ticket

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Daily: Shantotto

Used 10 tickets:
FOUR STAR!... Bedile
3* Arc
3* Ingus
3* Shantotto
3* Fran
3* Sabin
3* Bedile
3* Arc
3* Shantotto
3* Arc

Ugh... Is Arc stronger than Kefka? He probably is right, dualcast and agas and all?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Perfect sentence on his pull animation right there.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

HGH posted:

Ugh... Is Arc stronger than Kefka? He probably is right, dualcast and agas and all?

Yeah, Exvius Wiki has him as number one over Kefka, pretty much purely due to dualcast.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ok, half price... Gold Crystal!

Bedile. gently caress you.

Let's drop a few tickets for funsies.

Gold! Gaffgarion! I guess that's OK. I don't have him yet.

Ingus. Sure, that's cool.

Firion! I didn't have him either, and I know he's a beast later.

Penelo.

Gold! Garnet! I mean, I appreciate options, but I kind of already have Lenna. This is fine though.

My millionth Vivi.

Last one, I'm starting to go dry here.

Gold! Luna #6.

Welp. Started strong though!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
1/2: Medius

11 pull:

#1: Refia
#2: Clyne
#3: Galuf
#4: Lani
#5: Arc
#6: Ingus
#7: Agrias
#8: Kain
#9: Gilbert
#10: Sabin
#11: Refia

No rainbow crystals.

---

11 pull #2

#1 Vivi
#2: Refia
#3: CoD
#4: Gilbert
#5: Edgar
#6: Arc
#7: Galuf
#8: Clyne
#9: Arc
#10: Shantotto
#11: Ingus

8 Tickets:

#1: Celes
#2: Clyne
#3: Arc
#4: Bedile
#5: Ingus
#6: Krile
#7: Alma
#8: Arc

31 pulls, no Rainbow crystal.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 4, 2016

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Fenrir posted:

Daily: 4* Refia. It begins...

All of my hate. Your preposterous luck continues I see.

1.) Shantotto
2.) Alma
3.) Terra
4.) Clyne
5.) Clyne
6.) Artemios
7.) ZIDANE :toot:
8.) Freya

This is an absolutely insane number of rare characters so far, but ZERO featured. What the gently caress is going on?

10.) GOLD?! Kain :suicide:
11.) Arc Jesus finally
12.) GOLD Bedile
13.) Krile (My first)
14.) Lani'd
15.) Tellah! Tragically, I just got Arc, so boo

Well so far I'm getting utterly hosed in the rear end

16.) Luna
17.) Sabin
18.) Cyan
19.) CLYNE AGAIN
20.) GOLD Fran (my first)
21.) GOLD Rydia
22.) Arc
23.) Kain
24.) Shantotto
25.) Anzelm
26.) Refia THANK loving GOD

That was absolutely horrendous, with 4 good pulls (Zidane, 2 Arc, Refia in TWENTY SIX SUMMONS)
My worst case scenario of 'swimming in Arcs' didn't even remotely come close to happening. That was 3 featured characters in 26. Just loving kill me now please.
Not that I care, but I didn't even get an Ingus...

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Daily:
4* Refia :woop:

2x Tickets:
4* Rydia, 3* Rydia (already had a couple)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

THE DREAM, my first summon ticket

Haha, congrats dude. Love the screenshot, very appropriate considering I can't figure out what he's doing either :v:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Oh god. I whaled and did an 11 pull... Got one of each FFIII character. Don't do what I did! Hope is a lie and you won't ever get this lucky!

Welp, time to Exp grind for the next decade.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Man you guys are getting excited over this banner, maybe I should look at some of these uni-

:stare:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Did my half pull and spent 13 tickets. Didn't get a single character from the banner, nor any character of any use. I did get 5 Cyan's through! :smithicide:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So is there anything special to the Royal Sword or is it just there for the people who literally just started playing today?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

17 pulls:

:getin:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
anzelm (geeeeeeeeeet dunked on)
ingus
ingus
lani
arc!
refia!
gilbert
refia!?
arc!!

Don't know what I'll do with double refias but I sure know where those 2 arcs are going

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
My first 11 pull!

Russell
Ingus #2
Kain #13
Sabin
Ingus #3
Rydia
Galuf
Maria
Ingus #4
Kain #14
Maria

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Daily pull: Refia! Hooray, the one character I was actually gunning for, everyone else is bonus. I think with that I can afford to just daily pull the rest of the banner, try to stock up on Arcs.

• Locked thread