Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

in the middle of a dungeon and two different characters maxed out their jobs, its so tempting to just leave, switch jobs, and redo the dungeon

I'll end up doing this since the dungeons are pretty straight forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wait when i get to the "disc 2" part of the game am i locked out of job changing for a long while this is a nightmare

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

wait when i get to the "disc 2" part of the game am i locked out of job changing for a long while this is a nightmare

Yes its the other hard part of the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

one of my party members is a jester

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

one of my party members is a jester

I hope its not the old man because he gets a solo dungeon crawl unable to change his job

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no thats my monster retard so he at least has a million cool abilities

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

elf help book posted:

you can change again after the first dungeon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh good, thank you

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I grabbed the theifs key and got all pumped thinking about all the cool treasure I could grab by backtracking, but there's not actually anything I can open with it, lame.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/23/square-enix-says-committed-bringing-dragon-quest-titles-west/ praise allah i hope this means dq monsters joker 3 gets localized

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Drakeslimes are adorable

I.N.R.I posted:

drakslimes r so cute

:-)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQH2 as well because of the coop

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And Rocket Slime 3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

brave little brother who loves his cats

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i took some funy screenshiots. ill post them later :-] btw, post game spoilers incoming: is there a way to quickly get back to the almighty if i leave the dungeon? i wanna change my classes around a little.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The dungeon is quick once you know the path through and cast the spell that protects against random encounters for a bit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

The dungeon is quick once you know the path through and cast the spell that protects against random encounters for a bit

but doesnt that spell only get rid of weak encounters ? im like level 38,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah...well it's still quicker if you're not exploring all the side paths, and the extra boss heals your hp/mp before the battle so go nuts with high cost moves to make fights go quicker I suppose.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just beat him with the classes i had, but i had to reset a few times cos if he did bolt from the blue 2 turns in a row (my chars were all slower than him and if the first one killed my omni healer then i couldnt revive in time) then it was game o ver. magic barrier and insulatle didnt reduce the damage much either qq. well, its done now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i just beat him with the classes i had, but i had to reset a few times cos if he did bolt from the blue 2 turns in a row (my chars were all slower than him and if the first one killed my omni healer then i couldnt revive in time) then it was game o ver. magic barrier and insulatle didnt reduce the damage much either qq. well, its done now.

It's just beginning actually. How many turns did you beat him in?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like, 10-15 i think. it wasnt a long fight really. i was doing 1000+ dmg even on the turns i was healing, i guess he probably has no more than 15k hp

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Ugh there's a fragment that's only available in the post game cutscene which is like 40 minutes long so I'll have to redo the whole ending if I want to do the post game stuff...

plz explain cuz i think im near the finalb oss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

plz explain cuz i think im near the finalb oss

just keep an eye on the indicator in the final sequence, and when it lights up don't leave until you find it. I just missed it because I wasn't even thinking of fragments possibly being in that part

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Squeenix just announced that DQVIII 3DS is coming out January 20

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dragon-quest-viii-comes-to-3ds-on-january-20

!!!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

fffuck..

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

when they said 2017 i assumed like march or something

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just beat it recently :-(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i just beat it recently :-(

Same here but Ill probably pick it up close to when DQXI comes out to get excited

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

What if DQ9 gets a Switch remake with amiibo support in 2018? Id like to just play remade DQ games, in order, forever and ever

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

gently caress

YES

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm less excited for the 8 remake since it's already a masterpiece in my eyes. I'd probably feel similar if I had played 7 originally but w/e, it's how I feel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd be curious to see how they design the new party members at least.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Are there any changes to speed speed up encounters in the 3DS version in Japan? I thought VIII was great but I could be into a more succinct version now

Edit:
A gamefaqs contributor says:

quote:

1. Encounters can be seen on the field
2. High speed combat mode added
13. Alchemy is now instant. You can also synthesise up to 99 items in 1 session if you have enough ingredients.
14. You can set the MC under auto (AI) in combat now. You cannot remove MC from main party after you have more than 4 members.

Sounds cool

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 4, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Hmm, it so it appears that the 3ds version has midi tracks instead of orchestral because the original composer is hitler

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Hmm, it so it appears that the 3ds version has midi tracks instead of orchestral because the original composer is hitler

Lame, but I think the original Japanese PS2 release had the midi tracks too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

They're keeping the voice acting at least

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yeah but they advertised that the Japanese 3DS version had the orchestrated soundtrack, so even if the music is better than the old midi ones it sucks that the composer went crazier and decided no one after 2015 could have it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The same thing happened with DQ7 3DS, the Japanese version has orchestrated music. It's so weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The weirdest part is that even the smartphone version of 7 that came out a week after the us release doesn't have it. Composer just decided that he hated his orchestrated soundtracks in games.

• Locked thread