Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my dad is a hardcore ham radio dude and talks to all those weird dx people on little rocks out in the ocean at like 5am. he does not go on those excursions himself though. i got him some weed for his birthday a few months ago but i dont know if it has impaired his ham radio skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Earwicker posted:

my dad is a hardcore ham radio dude and talks to all those weird dx people on little rocks out in the ocean at like 5am. he does not go on those excursions himself though. i got him some weed for his birthday a few months ago but i dont know if it has impaired his ham radio skills

Omg I love ham (I had no idea you could make a radio out of it). :hampants:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if somebody makes bad jokes on a ham radio do you say they're hamming it up

i have the vague suspicion all of these jokes have been explored at length in the ham radio community

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Earwicker posted:

Yeah no he'd never actually do one himself but it's pretty sweet that the QSL card thing is something everyone does, it's always funny to see ones from countries that don't exist anymore or extremely tiny/isolated/obscure spots (Pitcairn Islands for example). I'm pretty sure he actually does have c ard from McMurdo, I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Found a small stack of pops' old QSL cards:

It wasn't McMurdo, but it was Antarctica:

Ships!

An uninhabited 30km sandbar off the coast of Canada, and :tinfoil: Gitmo (w/bonus Compuserve email address)

Africa:

Monaco, Andorra, Guinea, Sarajevo (The entire country of Monaco is .78 square miles and 38,000 people):

e: The Sable Island one has the chillest seal ever on the other side:

sup

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 3, 2016

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Man I love looking at random stuff blazed to the gills, ty sons/daughters of hammer-jammers

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Those are just the rarer ones too, some of the other ones are really gorgeous. If anybody else gives a poo poo I'll pull some of the cooler-looking ones.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

Those are just the rarer ones too, some of the other ones are really gorgeous. If anybody else gives a poo poo I'll pull some of the cooler-looking ones.

I would love to see them. This is the type of poo poo I love investigating when I'm high as balls.

On that note, my new bubbler is amazing and I am high as balls.

grope proof vest
Jan 11, 2006

*yells NOOOOO as the bong lifts to my lips in slo mo*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
buah hah hah! resistance is futile!

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Me! posted:

Are moon rocks those solid blocks of compressed kief? I don't think I ever smoked them straight, we used to chip a piece off and smoosh it on top of a regular bowl of weed.

Naw, this rapper Kurupt who's like Snoop Doggs cousin started it. It's a indica nug covered in this dark indica hash oil, then they roll the nug in indica kief. I smoke daily, but these things hosed me up. It was a crazy high and it lasted for hours.

The ones we got barely had any kief on them and I told my friend I was kinda disappointed because of the pictures I'd seen online. He ran back to his room for a min and came out with like a ounce of kief and threw a few grams or more in my bag. They are covered in dust now and I couldn't be more happier.....except....I got a phone call about a job and now I have to stop smoking for a month or so. Just got the moon rocks, I got fire clear oil, rolled 2 joints of Jack Herer for the Cubs W and left them at home. I got a surplus I can't touch and it's bullshit.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
send me your moon rocks motherfucker

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Really digging Dr. Dog while i'm high:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC3EpsE7mF0

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm in vietnam and can't blaze. Toke one for me homies.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

what i like about Weed is if i can't focus on what im doing i can smoke some weed and then i can focus. if i'm too stressed out i can smoke some weed and it stops me from focusing on anything. its like a real good buddy who always knows just the right thing to say

americong
May 29, 2013

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

praying 4 u

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

purple death ray posted:

what i like about Weed is if i can't focus on what im doing i can smoke some weed and then i can focus. if i'm too stressed out i can smoke some weed and it stops me from focusing on anything. its like a real good buddy who always knows just the right thing to say

sounds like weed is cool and good?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i thought they had hella weed in vietnam

source: platoon

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

sounds like weed is cool and good?

Just vaped a weed
Can confirm

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

i thought they had hella weed in vietnam

source: platoon

I've been offered weed no less than 8 times and ive been here like 6 days. I got poo poo to do though and Im seein' that epic snoop tour in seattle in December so I took the chance to detox. I'm not even sure the weed here would get me high without smoking a quarter at once.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

im glad to hear you arent trying to smoke in vietnam. i will toke one for you :patriot:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The green thread that holds two lovers together

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

I've been offered weed no less than 8 times and ive been here like 6 days. I got poo poo to do though and Im seein' that epic snoop tour in seattle in December so I took the chance to detox. I'm not even sure the weed here would get me high without smoking a quarter at once.

you dont want to be the next goon that liveposts his escape through the cambodian border

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Smoked while the sun rised.

Day off. Good start.

edit - Dr. Dog is pretty good, thanks for the recommendation. Anyone else have Marijuana Approved Music?

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Nov 4, 2016

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au93L-TtoVA

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUHoCvB6quo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I know Sean Lennon hates Beatles comparisons but gently caress if this album doesn't sound like a Primus/Beatles collab

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
good music to listen to on weed is the same as music you like to listen to

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Idea: if you prove to be consistently and obnoxiously unchill on the internet like 98.7% of it is, you are forced to be high when posting online, carried out by a massive tank of pure oil that violently sprays into your face when you start to get lovely

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Kelp Me! posted:

I know Sean Lennon hates Beatles comparisons but gently caress if this album doesn't sound like a Primus/Beatles collab

strawberry fields-era beatles, yeah, though he's pretty far out with some of his guitar noises. he also sounds like like john when he sings, it's a little weird

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Going for my proto weed card in
t-minus- 9 hours. Wish me luck.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Black August posted:

Idea: if you prove to be consistently and obnoxiously unchill on the internet like 98.7% of it is, you are forced to be high when posting online, carried out by a massive tank of pure oil that violently sprays into your face when you start to get lovely

That sounds suspiciously unchill, I'm going to have to activate your oil spray now.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mozi posted:

strawberry fields-era beatles, yeah, though he's pretty far out with some of his guitar noises. he also sounds like like john when he sings, it's a little weird

It's a really great album though and I'm sad I missed them when they came around here recently :(

I've seen Primus a bunch of times though so there's that at least

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i caught them at the house of blues in boston then saw a sox game the next day :c00l: it was a real solid show

scuttlebutt is that les wanted to regroup oysterhead but trey was busy with the new album but hopefully they do that next!

americong
May 29, 2013

i have found lightning hopkins to be excellent weed listening material

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I used to work at that House of Blues :wistful sigh: I miss Boston like crazy

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i just ordered some bubble bags gonna make some hash

kind of want to try the dry ice extraction method, anyone know where to buy dry ice in :canada:?

e: like, i see people saying they just bought it at their local supermarket but googling the only place selling it is the local university's science dept

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i enjoy the reggae or whatever else is on local radio while stoned out of my gourd.

i also listened to Wild Nothing's newest album Life of Pause https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttu9hKxnQrI after i freaked over finding out he's here on monday and i probably can't go. that one was great if you're of the closet hipster persuasion like me.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I was so loving smacked last night I watched this entire playlist and cried from laughing more than 3 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juv5jLbXuG0&t=387s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

reallivedinosaur posted:

i just ordered some bubble bags gonna make some hash

kind of want to try the dry ice extraction method, anyone know where to buy dry ice in :canada:?

e: like, i see people saying they just bought it at their local supermarket but googling the only place selling it is the local university's science dept

Try calling instead. A lot of them do have it but it's never clearly marked and you almost always have to ask for help.