Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lodge
Aug 17, 2013
2.5 year old: "Mama, don't take my face off."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

6 year old behind me with her mom in line for voting: "so on the news all of the people running for president or whatever go on TV and call each other names"

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

6 year old behind me with her mom in line for voting: "so on the news all of the people running for president or whatever go on TV and call each other names"

Yeah, that kid's pretty much got this election season figured out.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I am not a good cook. My wife is an excellent cook. I sometimes make the kids what I call a "Frog In A Puddle" (or sometimes, "Toad In A Hole") which is basically fried toast with a hole cut out of the middle in which an egg is fried. It's easy and the kids love it.

Now I have that out of the way, this morning we were getting the boys ready for daycare when this happened:

Wife: So what do you want for dinner tonight?
Eldest son (5yo): Hmm... I'm thinking.... maybe.... dog in a puddle.
Wife: A what?
Son: Dog in a puddle.
Wife: Do you mean one of dads Frogs In A Puddle?
Son: No, a Dog In A Puddle.
Wife: What's a dog in a puddle?
Son: Swimming....... :smug:
Wife: ... I just got dad joked.

Made my day.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Practicing idioms:

STUDENT 1: "Why are you so blue?"
STUDENT 2: *going off-script* :byodame: "BECAUSE I'M AVATAR!" :byodame:

Also, out of NOWHERE, one of my kids just ran up to me and shouted, "FLETA! I WANNA TOUCH YOUR BOOB!" and ran away. She's fifteen. My boss was right there. Also, why only one?

e: This doesn't exactly go here, but it's amusing nonetheless.

Our office overlooks the kindergarten and they have super-loud speakers. Usually, they play a horrible selection of whining, repetitive kids' songs, but today they are playing a wonderful Halloween playlist that consists of a Marilyn Manson cover of This Is Halloween, the Phantom of the Opera, various clips from the Luigi's Mansion soundtrack...and Superfreak. Lots and lots of Superfreak. I have heard Superfreak at least seven times today. I don't know if it's less appropriate for school or for Halloween, but I am considering going over and socking all of the teachers right in the clam for making such a lovely playlist.

Have you considered the fact that Superfreak is cool and good?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

whiteyfats posted:

Have you considered the fact that Superfreak is cool and good?

I agree. I don't want to hear it- or any other song- more than maybe twice in a single day. And I don't think it's Halloween music. And I'm not sure the subject matter is entirely appropriate for kindergarten. But you do you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We had a small work Halloween party and all the Halloween playlists on Spotify were filled with random current Top 40 stuff for some reason.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I agree. I don't want to hear it- or any other song- more than maybe twice in a single day. And I don't think it's Halloween music. And I'm not sure the subject matter is entirely appropriate for kindergarten. But you do you.

I... glossed over the kindergarten part. :staredog: My mistake!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Child overheard on the bus by a friend of mine: "They are supposed to be in mom's belly and eat boobies."

Possibly referring to babies, but who knows? :iiam:

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
I was teaching a class of seven year olds about the stone age. One of them put their hand up and asked if they had cars in the stone age, I explained that they didn't and he thought for a minute and then asked how they went into town.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
So my store got two big coolers full of soft drinks and water a few months back. This morning at work a little 4-year-old brings her bottle of Sprite to the counter, slaps it down and hollers, 'I got a beer!'

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
^^ :kimchi:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Astrofig posted:

So my store got two big coolers full of soft drinks and water a few months back. This morning at work a little 4-year-old brings her bottle of Sprite to the counter, slaps it down and hollers, 'I got a beer!'
I love this kid.

From my Facebook feed:

quote:

That awkward moment when your polling place is in a church and your raised-by-atheists 3-year old loudly criticizes Jesus's wardrobe choices while waiting in line. "That guy should have shoes on. It's so cold!" "Look, he even got holes in his feet from having no shoes. That was a bad decision!"

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Today my aunt was showing me a video of her almost 2-year-old grandson (my cousin's kid) learning to count with cookies. He could figure out which were 'Mommy's cookies' and 'Daddy's cookies' but when it came to the actual counting he seemingly got stuck on 2.

"One, two, two, two, two, two, two..."

He also warned them that 'Mommy's coppy (coffee)hot, be careful!'

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A crosspost from RGD, a goon-run podcast that runs on this principle:

greatn posted:

Childish Games

RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/childishgames

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/childishgamespod

Childish Games is a podcast I make with my 3 year old where he discusses video games and talks about the video games he wants to make and all the bosses in it. I try to prod more details out of him on plot, characters, and development.

Release Schedule: Bi-monthly

Episode 8: Finasal Fantasy 11: MMORPG(Megaman Mom On Ramp Phone Game)

https://soundcloud.com/childishgamespod/episode-8

In this episode of Childish Games, we start making Finasal Fantasy 11, continue making Mega Man 9, get an update from a special guest, and forget what we were doing.

Also I released a bonus episode two weeks ago but didn't post about it because the audio is low quality, it was the "pilot" recorded on a cell phone before anything else. It's a game called Claffy he references as lot.

Only listened to two episodes so far, but it's :3: incarnate.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Kid 1: I'm going to hack your eyeballs.

Kid 2: You can't, the body is 50% water. If you tried my systems would crash.

I love kid logic.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Astrofig posted:

Today my aunt was showing me a video of her almost 2-year-old grandson (my cousin's kid) learning to count with cookies. He could figure out which were 'Mommy's cookies' and 'Daddy's cookies' but when it came to the actual counting he seemingly got stuck on 2.

"One, two, two, two, two, two, two..."

This is because he knows he can only have two cookies for dessert. So he wants to have as many two cookies as possible!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nephew telling riddles: How much water can ice have in its mouth?
- Everyone guesses wrong -
Nephew: Enough that it explodes!

His older brother, in a learned tone: Ice can't explode unless you put a bomb in it.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Overheard while at work yesterday:

:downs: I like ham!
:j: Do you?
:mad: NO.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
A little kid to his mom in front of me at the grocery store: "does everyone know when my birthday is?"

Black Lodge
Aug 17, 2013
"Daddy has big boobs!"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

A crosspost from RGD, a goon-run podcast that runs on this principle:

Only listened to two episodes so far, but it's :3: incarnate.

I NEED THIS!

Things I learned from an English interpretation contest I judged yesterday. The students had to listen to a very short explanation of the differences between Chinese and "Western" eating etiquette.

Verbatim except for the first sentence:

In China, people talk to each other during dinner, but in Western countries you can't talk during meals. Paraphrased for clarity.

Chinese people often use their chopsticks to put food in other peoples' bowels. bowls, I assume

Western people eat on their own planets. plates?

Chinese people eat together in plants. ...plates?

Western people can't use chopsticks. I took off points for that. :mad: JUST KIDDING I assumed she meant "don't."

Chinese people use chopsticks to put food on the plant, but Chinese people use chopsticks to put food into the air. No goddam idea.

Chinese people put plates on the table. This is a big difference between Chinese and Western culture. I guess we put our plates in the air next to the floating bits of food left by our Chinese friends?

Thankfully, none of my kids made these mistakes. They just gave up :smith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Last week on the state level version of NPR there was a program about local youth entrepreneurs, and the intro had Kindergartners saying what they wanted to be when they grew up, like doctors or firemen. One kid enthusiastically shouted "I wanna be BATMAN!!" :haw:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I NEED THIS!

Things I learned from an English interpretation contest I judged yesterday. The students had to listen to a very short explanation of the differences between Chinese and "Western" eating etiquette.

Verbatim except for the first sentence:

pssst your posts always come across more racist than cute :ssh:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

sharktamer posted:

I'm not sure how they come across as racist, given the background that's been explained. Please elaborate.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

sharktamer posted:

Are you loving kidding?

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

sharktamer posted:

What? No.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

sharktamer posted:

:frogout:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Triggered by an elementary school classroom on the other side of the planet.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

sharktamer posted:

Sorry you feel that way! Put me on your ignore list. I'll do the same.

e: Thank you to all the people being nice!

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 02:01 on Dec 13, 2016

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

sharktamer posted:

Stop posting. :ssh:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kevyn posted:

Triggered by an elementary school classroom on the other side of the planet.
Kid-friendly Chuck Tingle books.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Pounded in the Hiney by Children's Difficultly Learning English

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

Pounded in the Bum by my TOEFL-Related Existential Dread (we say "bum" around here)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Pounded in the Bum by my TOEFL-Related Existential Dread (we say "bum" around here)
Pounded in the Butt by Regional and Dialectical Variations of My Butt

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ad: "Do you have trouble falling asleep?"
Kid: "Yup."
Ad: "Are you tired and grouchy in the morning?"
Kid: "YES."
Ad: "Studies show that using a computer or watching TV two to three hours before bedtime inhibits the production of melatonin."
Kid: *shrugs* "Meh."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
pounded in the bum by my strange female student heterosexually obsessed with big boobs.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Little girl at work tonight: "I'm Scarlet! I kinda shy tho...'

Her mother proceeded to silently shake her head that this was not true.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I wanted to share this (horribly racist?) unretouched piece from last year by everyone's favorite tits aficionado, Rihanna. Again, I haven't changed a thing:

If I have 1 million RMB to spend, I will buy everything I want. I’m so happy to be the owner!

First of all, I will go to the shopping mall to buy perfume for my mother and a business suit for my father. Just because I’m a sweet daughter and I’m nice. <3

Then I will go to the department store and buy a toy spider for my favorite teacher, Miss Fleta. I believe that she will fall in love with the cute spider. Just because I’m nice as I said.

Thirdly, I will go to the discount store to buy nothing! I just want to show my money to the salesman. Just because I’m rich! Everybody can suck it! (Yeah, come on~)

Finally, I will put the rest of my money into the bank. After I die, my children and grandchildren can use it and do nothing! (<--- it’s bad)

All in all, if you can dream it, you can do it! And we must work hard to make money that depends on ourselves.

I like to think she got to the end and was like, "oh, right, every story should have a moral or something."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

tits aficionado

If anyone needs any last-minute gift ideas for me, my subscription's just about to lapse

(no moral)