Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BDawg posted:

What kind of dirt would there be on Tim Kaine? The time he slept in and missed church? The time he took a penny, but hasn't left a penny?

That guy has gotta be clean.
It's going to be that he dated a black woman in his youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Jesus Christ, this.

What is with this thread and being utterly incapable of self-restraint or not dying on rhetorical hills for literally loving everything?

Whether it's mcmagic or... this poo poo, it's mindless and shits up the thread for another 50 pages, rendering it almost impossible to parse actual meaningful discussion from white noise.

Nobody has defended him. Nobody.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Rudy, you maybe shouldn't give the DNC a quote to beat you to death with like this. The whole "Oh the FBI is nonpartisan" poo poo falls flat when you admit openly that you as a partisan were receiving leaks and are coordinating with a nonpartisan agency to do so.

Also, I would just remind everyone that the FBI is FAR from the only law enforcement agency the President controls, and cleaning house on the FBI can only result in good things with how lovely they've been for decades.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/794560347801788420

Bridgegate verdict incoming

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

In the meantime, have this:

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/794560887680040960

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/794561032219951104

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/794561202340974594

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/794560729647108096

PPP is my spirit animal.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm defending him

:abuela:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
a balm to ease uspol's colicky souls

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/794560729647108096

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mdemone posted:

Fine, so explain the last ten years of my life. Go on, I'm waiting.

Your birth defect is termed as man babyism.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

What type of firm did you work at? And were you actually lobbying (either contact or no contact)?

Because I was also working at a DC lobbying firm and people would joke about it but it is definitely not widespread or considered impolite.

The vast majority of lobbying work is not even contact lobbying, which is the public perception, so I find it odd that a DC lobbying firm would have that attitude unless you were a very rare contact heavy or specialty shop.

Yes, actual contact lobbying. We helped get some speaking time between some Republican Senator and a think-tank called the Concord Coalition to help sway votes for spending and the budget during the summer of 2011, around the time of the debt ceiling debate.

Full disclosure, I was only in DC for 3 months for an internship program, so my lobbying sub-culture knowledge is still fairly limited. DC is a loving shark tank with the local tabloids, though, so gently caress that noise.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Giuliani is a huge friend of the FBI agent's union, so he's almost certainly right.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Every time a conservative tries to be funny an angel dies.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

kitchensink.jpg

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

God that's hosed up. I wonder how many of them are fantasizing about a coup.

They're basically attempting one right now, with all of these leaks.

canepazzo posted:

PPP is my spirit animal.

Wow. Those are all amazingly good. Here's hoping.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 4, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/794561401809469440

Stop stop I'm already there

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I will say this: Their Christmas Carol costumes are loving great.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

It doesn't matter if nobody defends him, just ignore these obvious traps and move on.

By choosing to engage, you're playing right into a troll's hands and then you yourself are in fact being worse than the troll by multiplying the white noise by X amount of posters trying to debate or mock the troll, adding nothing and resolving nothing.

Just. Ignore. This. poo poo. Please.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EugeneJ posted:

So interracial relationships are creepy?

Thanks, D&D

Yes, that's what we're all taking issue with. Nothing gets past you, huh?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Eh. Burr is leading so it's only a 6 or so.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

They're basically attempting one right now, with all of these leaks.
The only thing they're managing to leak is their bladders

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Agrajag posted:

Yes, but how do you get around it for not to be bribery as such? Like it's illegal to hand an official an envelope full of cash or gifts for them to do "xyz", but then how is organized lobbying getting around that?

Lobbying is not about giving politicians cash. The cash is from the client to the lobbyist. It's about access and informing the politicians. 75% of lobbying is "non-contact" lobbying that involves writing memos, policy analysis, and organization.

Most major issues lobbying is not effective. Pro-life politicians are that way for personal or political reasons and won't change.

Major lobbying is done on issues that politicians know little about and the general public cares little about. Things like logging rights, prescription drug licensing and tracking regulations, and rules for depreciation.

This gives politicians an overwhelming amount of technical analysis and information on a subject that someone is interested in enough to pay for. That skews their knowledge base and influences policy. It's not about bribing the actual lawmakers.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Krispy Kareem posted:

kitchensink.jpg

I so want that image photoshopped so Hillary is playing D&D or Call of Cthulhu.

Mazes and Monsters is a far out game.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

I'm defending him

Checks out.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Eh. Burr is leading so it's only a 6 or so.

(check the other four polls I posted just before)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What is with this thread and being utterly incapable of self-restraint or not dying on rhetorical hills for literally loving everything?

When the only tool you have is a flag everything looks like a hill! :patriot:

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Whoo boy, this gave me a quick case of the vapors. I'd better find my fainting couch.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*Sees PPP results*

*licks lips, turns to 538 expectantly*

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mdemone posted:

I'm 34 with two kids and I don't know that I would call myself an adult with a straight face.

I'm also beginning to assume that this is how everyone has always felt.

A friend of mine whos a therapist told me one time of a 70 something year old woman who was seeing her, who said to her something like "the secret nobody knows about me is I'm still a 10 year girl, but in a 70 [whatever] year old body. I never became an adult".

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

CascadeBeta posted:

I so want that image photoshopped so Hillary is playing D&D or Call of Cthulhu.

Mazes and Monsters is a far out game.

Since she's celebrating a Cubs WS win in the actual photo there's a non zero chance Cthulu is involved

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

EugeneJ posted:

I'm defending him

:lol: Still salty, eh?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*Sees PPP results*

*538 drops two more percentage points towards Trump*

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Yes, that's what we're all taking issue with. Nothing gets past you, huh?

The girl had an established tendency to seek out older men

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Lobbying is not about giving politicians cash. The cash is from the client to the lobbyist. It's about access and informing the politicians. 75% of lobbying is "non-contact" lobbying that involves writing memos, policy analysis, and organization.

Most major issues lobbying is not effective. Pro-life politicians are that way for personal or political reasons and won't change.

Major lobbying is done on issues that politicians know little about and the general public cares little about. Things like logging rights, prescription drug licensing and tracking regulations, and rules for depreciation.

This gives politicians an overwhelming amount of technical analysis and information on a subject that someone is interested in enough to pay for. That skews their knowledge base and influences policy. It's not about bribing the actual lawmakers.

All of this "informing politicians about smaller issues" happens at high end restaurants and vacation homes, right?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*Sees PPP results*

It'll turn out that Nate Silver had a 60000 dollar bet on Trump winning and he'll commit suicide when the banks come to call

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol at gfsincre getting probated for pointing out how funny it is how certain bad posters are allowed to cook, while others always get probated.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Can someone explain to me this spirit cooking thing that all the deplorables have gone crazy about?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pastrymancy posted:

Since she's celebrating a Cubs WS win in the actual photo there's a non zero chance Cthulu is involved

That seems more up Nyarlathotep's alley.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

canepazzo posted:

PPP is my spirit animal.

ohhhh yeah that's that mainline hit I needed

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

canepazzo posted:

*538 drops two more percentage points towards Trump*

Honestly may happen depending on where PPP was last time he added them

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/NoahRemnick/status/794562449009733632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

lol at gfsincre getting probated again for pointing out how funny it is how certain bad posters are allowed to cook, while others always get probated.

Watch out! "Posting about posting" (while black) is probatable in these parts!

• Locked thread