Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WampaLord posted:

My [17M] broke into my own house after sneaking out. My step brother thought I was a intruder. He gave me a black eye and broke my jaw. My parents are treating him like a hero

All of the comments are saying step brother did the right thing.

I mean, there's "did the right thing" and then there's "being taken out to a celebratory dinner for putting your stepbrother in the hospital" :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not surprised because Reddit is full of the kinds of people that think killing an unarmed robber is a good thing.

He didn't kill him though. How can you fault the brother?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

He didn't kill him though. How can you fault the brother?

loquacius posted:

I mean, there's "did the right thing" and then there's "being taken out to a celebratory dinner for putting your stepbrother in the hospital" :psyduck:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Older kid disobeyed his parents, stepbro probably feels like poo poo for beating up his brother already and likely just reacted out of fear or panicked. Sucks he got his jaw cracked, but it's his own fault for not telling his boxer brother about the party / that he was sneaking in. I mean come on, the good thing about siblings is that you can help each other dodge the parental arm of the law.

i probably wouldn't have given him presents for it though, that's pretty funny and also sad.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Maybe I'm just a pussy but is it weird to anyone else when young kids are super into MMA? I feel like I've seen a handful of posts now in r/relationships about "my younger sibling is super into MMA/can kick my rear end" etc. and the ensuing drama about it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Maybe I'm just a pussy but is it weird to anyone else when young kids are super into MMA? I feel like I've seen a handful of posts now in r/relationships about "my younger sibling is super into MMA/can kick my rear end" etc. and the ensuing drama about it.

Speaking of that!

My [16F] sister fights for the UFC. My youngest brother [9M] hid behind her when he was scared. My father is livid

quote:

Hello, I need to keep this really short. I am super busy at the moment so apologies.

My sister fights for the UFC. She is doing OK for herself and she adores our little brother. Our family went to a haunted house at Disneyland for Halloween. Some people recognized her and asked for a picture. My brother got scared at one point and his behind her. He was peering out. He held my sisters hand for a while.

My father is going on this "I'm not a man" crisis because my brother went to my sister for protection and not him.

tl;dr: Father is being stupid and thinks he's not a man.

(Also, yes, it is weird.)

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not surprised because Reddit is full of the kinds of people that think killing an unarmed robber is a good thing.

Yeah, seriously, guys. That seventeen year old ghost with a broken jaw deserves our sympathies and help with his murderer-brother.

I get what you're saying and I'm sure there's a significant overlap between 'would like to shoot a 'shadowy' intruder to death' and 'the stepbrother did nothing wrong', but the stepbrother...actually did nothing wrong. If someone breaks into your house while you're sleeping and there you are very statistically likely to be harmed or killed.

I mean his family's reaction after the fact is a little questionable, but the stepbrother wasn't out of line. Is it good that this kid got his jaw broken? No! Is it a reasonable punishment for sneaking out? Jesus, no.

The broken jaw kid didn't deserve to get punched and the stepbrother was trying to protect his family. Nobody has to be wrong or malicious here. A bad thing happened and everyone is worse off.

That's why it's funny.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

WampaLord posted:

Speaking of that!

My [16F] sister fights for the UFC. My youngest brother [9M] hid behind her when he was scared. My father is livid

(Also, yes, it is weird.)

"fights for the ufc" lol is this one of those "all martial arts is ufc" things?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The parents' reaction isn't the brother's fault.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 4, 2016

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Speaking of that!

Would like to see Jamoke's take on this

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't blame the brother, I blame the parents for making the OP feel alienated from a family where he's already the "outsider" with at least three step-siblings and no full siblings. Having to sit out from a celebratory family dinner, because you're in the hospital, because the person the dinner is being thrown for put you there, and that's why the dinner is being thrown in the first place, has to be one of the loneliest feelings imaginable. There HAS to have been a way for them to ease MMA stepbrother's feelings without treating the OP like complete trash.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
only in the USA will someone throw a "you accidentally almost killed your brother" dinner

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

The parents' reaction isn't the brother's fault.

You're right, I didn't mean to imply that, but throwing the brother a "great job protecting the house" dinner is supremely hosed up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Given the step-family dynamics, it'd be pretty hosed-up of them to have any sort of celebration while he's in the hospital without making an attempt at including him, even if him being put in the hospital wasn't the explicit reason for the celebration. That part makes it REALLY hosed-up.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The mma brother didn't do anything wrong but holy poo poo taking him out to dinner to celebrate putting his step brother in hospital is bad parenting.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

MMA Brother could have gotten himself killed if it was an actual robber or intruder.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
They could just be going out to dinner and the beaten bro is just framing it that way. Families often go out to eat without it being a celebration.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Chichevache posted:

This sounds really amusing and if anyone else has found it I'd love a link.

Found it, on Awful app though so can't get link but it's on page 8 of the anon confessions thread if you want to read goons trying to work out if it's stdh

Here
quote:
I am 33 and I made this has been the worst year of my life.

4 years ago I fell in love with a lovely girl, E, who was 24 at the time. She is perfect - beautiful, smart and witty. Somehow she fell for me too and our relationship was perfect. She gave up everything and moved half way across the country to follow me to my dream job. Everything was amazing.

In April this year a new girl, NG, started at my workplace, and I became infatuated. She was super friendly, and I kept reading signs that she was into me.

I’ve always thought of myself as a pretty nice guy and wouldn’t betray E ever. Months went by and my obsession had grown exponentially. So (and I know some goons are expecting this) I started to look into open relationships. I read books, watched documentary and looked at forums for advice. I knew E had never considered this, and I had never until this point. I had to have NG.

Eventually one drunken night I brought it up, E kept thinking I was joking so I let it die. A few days later I plucked up the courage and told E everything, about NG, about how we could start to see other people whilst still being a couple. Exactly like online guides said I should bring it up.

E didn’t speak to me for a week. She was clearly angry and understandably so. However, to my amazement in July she agreed. I was ecstatic, I had the perfect loving life.

E was working a pretty lovely job, but going to the gym and there were a few guys there she said she wouldn’t mind hooking up with. My heart twisted, but its only fair I thought.

After a few days I asked out NG, and this is where it falls apart. She’s a loving lesbian, a femme or lipstick or whatever. She’s just a friendly person. But she is mortified that I would do this to E. Eventually it spreads through the whole company, and I am an office joke.

Meanwhile E has already hooked up with a few guys. Eventually she starts regularly seeing a guy named M. He’s tall, fit, etc. Better shape than me.

I go out regularly on my own, because other than my work and E I know no-one in this place. I haven’t even gotten a number. Other than a few girls who stopped replying Tinder has only matched me with bots.

E and I have grown apart. She’ll sleep at M’s place. She doesn’t kiss me goodbye anymore, but she is still eerily friendly with me.

E would rarely orgasm through penetration, so I’d often go down on her or use a toy. Several times I’ve walked into our apartment before and heard E and M in bed. M makes her come through just loving, she clearly loves it. She’s giving him everything as well, I think even anal which I never got.

I know a lot of people will think this sounds a lot like SA’s favourite C-word but its not really the same.

I've still not hooked up with anyone. NG and the office hate me. E doesn't sleep with me anymore. Instead last night I sat in the apartment, reading the forums when E came out our bedroom dripping with M’s cum. She just looked at me and said hey as she walked to the bathroom.

I know no one here, all my bridges are burnt. Can I convince her to be exclusive again? A lovely as I may seem I can’t bare the thought of losing her and being alone.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

HardDiskD posted:

MMA Brother could have gotten himself killed if it was an actual robber or intruder.

Then they could go out to dinner to celebrate his honorable death.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

Found it, on Awful app though so can't get link but it's on page 8 of the anon confessions thread if you want to read goons trying to work out if it's stdh

Here
quote:
I am 33 and I made this has been the worst year of my life.

4 years ago I fell in love with a lovely girl, E, who was 24 at the time. She is perfect - beautiful, smart and witty. Somehow she fell for me too and our relationship was perfect. She gave up everything and moved half way across the country to follow me to my dream job. Everything was amazing.

In April this year a new girl, NG, started at my workplace, and I became infatuated. She was super friendly, and I kept reading signs that she was into me.

I’ve always thought of myself as a pretty nice guy and wouldn’t betray E ever. Months went by and my obsession had grown exponentially. So (and I know some goons are expecting this) I started to look into open relationships. I read books, watched documentary and looked at forums for advice. I knew E had never considered this, and I had never until this point. I had to have NG.

Eventually one drunken night I brought it up, E kept thinking I was joking so I let it die. A few days later I plucked up the courage and told E everything, about NG, about how we could start to see other people whilst still being a couple. Exactly like online guides said I should bring it up.

E didn’t speak to me for a week. She was clearly angry and understandably so. However, to my amazement in July she agreed. I was ecstatic, I had the perfect loving life.

E was working a pretty lovely job, but going to the gym and there were a few guys there she said she wouldn’t mind hooking up with. My heart twisted, but its only fair I thought.

After a few days I asked out NG, and this is where it falls apart. She’s a loving lesbian, a femme or lipstick or whatever. She’s just a friendly person. But she is mortified that I would do this to E. Eventually it spreads through the whole company, and I am an office joke.

Meanwhile E has already hooked up with a few guys. Eventually she starts regularly seeing a guy named M. He’s tall, fit, etc. Better shape than me.

I go out regularly on my own, because other than my work and E I know no-one in this place. I haven’t even gotten a number. Other than a few girls who stopped replying Tinder has only matched me with bots.

E and I have grown apart. She’ll sleep at M’s place. She doesn’t kiss me goodbye anymore, but she is still eerily friendly with me.

E would rarely orgasm through penetration, so I’d often go down on her or use a toy. Several times I’ve walked into our apartment before and heard E and M in bed. M makes her come through just loving, she clearly loves it. She’s giving him everything as well, I think even anal which I never got.

I know a lot of people will think this sounds a lot like SA’s favourite C-word but its not really the same.

I've still not hooked up with anyone. NG and the office hate me. E doesn't sleep with me anymore. Instead last night I sat in the apartment, reading the forums when E came out our bedroom dripping with M’s cum. She just looked at me and said hey as she walked to the bathroom.

I know no one here, all my bridges are burnt. Can I convince her to be exclusive again? A lovely as I may seem I can’t bare the thought of losing her and being alone.

Thank you for this. This guy is possibly a bigger loser than the Burning Cuck Man.

As they say, no open relationship goes unpunished.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Psycho Society posted:

Then they could go out to dinner to celebrate his honorable death.

:lol:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

what's the proper way to offer someone a baby?

In the middle of a pentagram drawn in blood, with a black candle at each point.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

I know we are all supposed to be jaded people here, dead inside to any trace of human feelings other than snarky amusement, god is dead and the universe doesn't care and etc.

But god drat, my stomach churned a little bit reading that. The "She just looked at me and said hey as she walked to the bathroom" at the end straight up murdered me.

How do you even begin to unfuck yourself after loving yourself over so thoroughly?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I also don't really get how you can go from "I have a weird crush on my coworker" to "I will consent to my S/O loving randos with no restrictions in perpetuity so I can even take one swing at hitting on my coworker who has given me no actual indication that they are interested" but multiple of these stories have started off that way

Ratjaculation posted:

Note, not the current anon confessions thread

e: VVV Right, I keep forgetting about the E/N one, I should probably read it but it's probably super depressing VVV

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 4, 2016

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

loquacius posted:

I also don't really get how you can go from "I have a weird crush on my coworker" to "I will consent to my S/O loving randos with no restrictions in perpetuity so I can even take one swing at hitting on my coworker who has given me no actual indication that they are interested" but multiple of these stories have started off that way

Note, not the current anon confessions thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786276&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post463948286

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The anal bit is just 😂

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

This is so sad it's sort of rounds back to funny. I'm not sure why most of these involve crushes at work. Don't poo poo where you eat. He must have whipflash from how fast his confidence and self-esteem went down.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

loquacius posted:

It's always amazing to see someone who manages to override any notion of common sense because of a sexual fantasy playing out in their head, especially when they are in their loving mid-thirties. Like, that's an immense amount of emotional immaturity and cognitive dissonance.

- Assuming a woman you work with and don't know personally who is nice and friendly secretly wants you.
- Then going further and assuming that not only does she want you, she wants you in the context of being your sexual sidepiece, not your girlfriend.
- Then being so certain of this, you are willing to harass your current girlfriend into accepting this arrangement.

Her turning out to be a lesbian is the best thing at the end of the story.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ratjaculation posted:

This would be sad if it wasn't the most brutal self-ownage I've ever seen. Move somewhere where no one knows you and start over, nothing can be salvaged here

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

kuddles posted:

- Then going further and assuming that not only does she want you, she wants you in the context of being your sexual sidepiece, not your girlfriend.

This is the piece that gets overlooked the most. Even putting aside the can of worms that is personal feelings on monogamy, most people you meet in your daily life are not onboard with that! Even assuming the girl is actually into you why the gently caress would she want to be the trial run side piece in your open relationship. Like I'm just imagining some cute bubbly girl being approached by the overweight mid-30s programmer in her office as he proceeds to pitch the great opportunity to gently caress him a couple times with the glowing endorsement of his girlfriend.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It's a good thing people can't die of shame cuz that's a heart stopper right there

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zelder posted:

It's a good thing people can't die of shame cuz that's a heart stopper right there

Death would be a mercy for that owned poster.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I'm [F19] celibate and my partner [M23] might break it off or hook up with another woman unless we have sex

quote:

My partner and I are in a kinda open, casual relationship which we know is temporary. (open romantically, not open sexually.) We've been seeing eachother since mid-July and everything in the relationship has been going fine except sex. I told him on the very first date that I am chaste so I allowed him to be prepared for that. I'm chaste for personal, spiritual, and health reasons. He told me he thought he could be happy with everything we had and let go of the lack of sex but it is a few months into it and he says he can't take it. He told me he used to fantasize about having sex with me all the time, but now that he realizes it won't ever happen, he's begun fantasizing about it less and he's starting to have sexual dreams about other women. I asked him if he's started fantasizing about other women and he said "not yet." He tells me about how his yearning for sex is so large, and that he's worried he might try to have sex with another woman to fill the void. He keeps telling me that he's going to hold out for as long as he possibly can and that he hopes he doesn't crack. but it doesn't make me feel any better, only guilty. He tells me he would feel awful after if he slept with another woman and he knows I would feel awful too and the relationship would have to end. He's a very hypersexual guy who has just been hooking up with women for the past two years. When he gets flirtatious with someone, it's almost like a new persona takes over, and I can definitely see him either hooking up with someone else or having the thoughts of sex with other women overcome him and drive him to break it off with me so he can finally have sex again. It doesn't help that his job and hobbies of going out by himself swing dancing make him surrounded by women all the time. Not having sex makes him feel like he can't be himself since it is such a large part of him. We agreed that it doesn't feel right to end so soon but we just can't find a solution. I feel we really do love eachother. I feel pressured to have sex with him so he'll stay and solve this problem altogether. But I can't. It's such an odd situation with weird circumstances. Maybe it needs to end but it just feels too early and we're afraid of the pain. But I don't want it to get ugly either.

What should I do? when should I do it?

TLDR; Celibate girl and hypersexual guy can't find solution to Guy's longing for sex. Guy is so hypersexual & flirtatious that other women are appearing in his dreams and he might get into a state where he just hooks up with another woman to get his fill or the longing devours him and he breaks it off

Edit: He has self-described himself as hypersexual, I didn't just label him like that. Maybe you could just use the term "high sex drive" if you want.
In my head he's Stanley Ipkiss after he puts on the Mask.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Charles Get-Out posted:

She is right thought that "knows how to manipulate adults into feeling sorry for him and doing what he wants." is a strange way to describe your child.

You probably don't have kids or at least raised them. I have a 3 year old that is manipulative and surprisingly good at it too. All my coworker with young kids say the same thing about their kids too.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

why exactly is she celibate again :confused:

Like, she just kind of used it as a descriptor for herself like "short" or "caucasian" or "left-handed" without really going into any more detail. Like, is this a Jesus thing, or is it a trauma thing she refuses to seek treatment for, or has she just decided that while other people are getting laid and high-fiving each other she will be expanding her mind with high-quality anime and video games or what

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure there's a funny macro juxtaposing the beginning and ending of open relationship guys story with a happy and a haggard looking Bernie Sanders. It was p funny but I don't know how to find it without googling "cuck bernie" at work.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Why get into the relationship to begin with? Wildly incompatible regarding core relationship issue, sure why not?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

loquacius posted:

Like, she just kind of used it as a descriptor for herself like "short" or "caucasian" or "left-handed" without really going into any more detail. Like, is this a Jesus thing, or is it a trauma thing she refuses to seek treatment for, or has she just decided that while other people are getting laid and high-fiving each other she will be expanding her mind with high-quality anime and video games or what

Yeah idgi. I'm guessing there is a reason that MIGHT make this story not baffling but I can't think of a legitimate one

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

loquacius posted:

definitely probably a Jesus thing

I'm more curious about why this guy thought he could get through a relationship without sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I'm more curious about why this guy thought he could get through a relationship without sex

He didn't.

He thought he could get her to have sex.