Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Never not believe in Scorch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
Has anyone noticed Turbo Engine not working? I selected it on my Scorch last night and I'm pretty sure I never got another dash. I haven't tried any troubleshooting yet, like unselect it, save build, reselect it, so I'll test that when I get home.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

If you had a dash at all, it worked. Scorch and Legion have no dashes by default.

If you still didn't have one than ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
With Titans so dangerous to Pilots if a team dominates the others Titan's and has 5+ up uncontested it can result in new Titans getting smoked. At least that's what I think is the cause of very one sided rounds.

Having a hard time with terminations. Often they just eject so your punch whiffs which really sucks when it's a nuclear ejection but it's felt like it's just not triggering.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Pilots are pretty dangerous to Titans too, if you can properly group up and never touch the ground. An Amped MGL can down a Legion in two magazines even without hitting the criticals, and if you have 6 of them and arc grenades to keep them from shooting you down, they can fall right apart.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Is there a bonus for successfully extracting when you lose and/or destroying the extract when you win? It's a fun little cat and mouse mini-game at the end, but I haven't noticed any real benefit to getting out alive.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
You get a merit for extracting.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Elliotw2 posted:

Pilots are pretty dangerous to Titans too, if you can properly group up and never touch the ground. An Amped MGL can down a Legion in two magazines even without hitting the criticals, and if you have 6 of them and arc grenades to keep them from shooting you down, they can fall right apart.

Yes, honestly, the one time I grouped up with my friend we were holy terrors to any solo Titan. Between my friends Amped Wall and Charge Rile and my Stim + MGL we were loving them up. The issue is that when it's just 1 Pilot they can give 100% focus to you and it's a lot tougher.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Insert name here posted:

For real I was salty af when I found out I couldn't use the Red Baron camo on Legion

Same. :smith:

Count Bleck posted:

Remind me to grab one of these

You can also go the eBay route if you can't find it, my two local Targets didn't have anything with the exclusive code so I had to.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

year199X posted:

You get a merit for extracting.

You also get a pip on your Faction merit for a successful extract, if you lose the match.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, if you extract, it basically counts as a win for progression.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's a lot harder now though; the dropship dies ridiculously fast.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes, honestly, the one time I grouped up with my friend we were holy terrors to any solo Titan. Between my friends Amped Wall and Charge Rile and my Stim + MGL we were loving them up. The issue is that when it's just 1 Pilot they can give 100% focus to you and it's a lot tougher.

not to sperg too hard or anything but isolated heavy weapons like horses/tanks/giant robots have traditionally done very poorly against a group of less equipped opponents in real life. Like 1 tank plus infantry is stronger than 2 tanks.

It feels like Titan Fall is often the same, your team is actually better with a pilot / titan split.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I really like this game but I also don't understand why the matchmaking is so bad. I could play a whole round of Overwatch in the time it takes to find a game.

If I'm just solo-queuing (is there any other way?) I should just choose 'Mixtape' for the quickest game, right?

Who do I talk to to get accepted into LLJK (I'm on PC).

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kenshin posted:

If I'm just solo-queuing (is there any other way?) I should just choose 'Mixtape' for the quickest game, right?

Nope. Attrition or Bounty Hunt. You'll get a game in seconds.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Kenshin posted:

I really like this game but I also don't understand why the matchmaking is so bad. I could play a whole round of Overwatch in the time it takes to find a game.

The OP is the owner of LLJK on PC so I would shoot him a message.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Kenshin posted:

Mixtape is a independent playlist because who the gently caress knows, and on the Xbox at least, it has under a quarter of the players as the dedicated TDM/Bounty Hunt/Domination playlists.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Just played my very first match. Was able to steal two batteries but was only able to give one to a teammate. Also only got 3 pilot kills :(. But we did win. Game seems fun. I just need to get better at Titan piloting.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
So is Maphack just the best ability by far?

I was just playing a round and it seemed like everyone on the enemy team had it and I (and most of my teammates) would just die before we could see the enemy. No warning, I'd pop around a corner running at full speed along walls and BAM some rear end in a top hat kills me from a rooftop across the map.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kenshin posted:

Without a doubt, yes

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
People will say yes, but grenadier with damage boost = titan melter.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Lots of the boosts are really good, while some are really bad (phase rewind), but for the most part many of them can significantly help you out. However map hack is currently the most broken.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Remember that Map Hack is almost certainly getting adjusted, and Northstar's flight core is also going to be tuned for more mobility, better damage, and less time (so it's not blimping over the battlefield getting blasted by everybody)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Kenshin posted:

I was just playing a round and it seemed like everyone on the enemy team had it and I (and most of my teammates) would just die before we could see the enemy. No warning, I'd pop around a corner running at full speed along walls and BAM some rear end in a top hat kills me from a rooftop across the map.

Yeah, if you can get your team to run a critical mass of sonar/hack/tone you will snowball to a win fast.

It's not surprising, you get close to 100% uptime on wall hack. The only counter is cloak, so try switching to a cloak/battery/tactikill class. Even the jammer boost doesn't block the wall hack component.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Map Hack is one of those dumb ideas that keeps coming back in games and is never really any fun to play against.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Geight posted:

Map Hack is one of those dumb ideas that keeps coming back in games and is never really any fun to play against.

It's okay when everyone has it, like in Blacklight Retribution

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Ok, after 3 hours I opened a ticket to refund COD IW. Maybe it is because Titanfall2 wipes the floor with it. TF2 is superior in every way, more fluid, more fastpaced, just more fun. I am disappointed a bit, and I might buy Modern Warfare remastered in the future separately.
Will be interesting to observe how the communities of both games will react the next weeks. Maybe COD IW is a failure that might strengthen the PC playerbase of TF2 on PC.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Yeah, if you can get your team to run a critical mass of sonar/hack/tone you will snowball to a win fast.

It's not surprising, you get close to 100% uptime on wall hack. The only counter is cloak, so try switching to a cloak/battery/tactikill class. Even the jammer boost doesn't block the wall hack component.

Wonderful. I just started playing last night and since I can't get any of these abilities so far this is significantly less fun than Overwatch because I don't have access to the tools all these other players do.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

Nalin posted:

The OP is the owner of LLJK on PC so I would shoot him a message.

In the MP menu, go into comms > networks > search for goon, you should see LLJK and BRXT come up, the two goon networks. Then set LLJK to active, hop into a discord and shoot mans with your fellow goons.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Kenshin posted:

Wonderful. I just started playing last night and since I can't get any of these abilities so far this is significantly less fun than Overwatch because I don't have access to the tools all these other players do.

You level up really quickly in this game even if you don't win. Also if you have enough merits you can outright just buy things instead of waiting to get to the level. Its not perfect but its really not that bad.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Knifegrab posted:

You level up really quickly in this game even if you don't win. Also if you have enough merits you can outright just buy things instead of waiting to get to the level. Its not perfect but its really not that bad.

Can confirm, I usually end in the second half of my team pointwise and it is 2-3 days of playing to get to level 20 easily even with bad stats.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ChickenWyngz posted:

In the MP menu, go into comms > networks > search for goon, you should see LLJK and BRXT come up, the two goon networks. Then set LLJK to active, hop into a discord and shoot mans with your fellow goons.

I can't do that until I am accepted into the network

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I want to say Ion's vortex shield is bad. Its ok at getting the enemy to stop fighitng you for a bit, but anyone with any ounce of brain power isn't going to give you bullets/missiles you can throw back at them so whats even the point?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

And cloak only blocks the Pulse Blade so even it doesn't counter a team like that completely (though it does help).

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Knifegrab posted:

I want to say Ion's vortex shield is bad. Its ok at getting the enemy to stop fighitng you for a bit, but anyone with any ounce of brain power isn't going to give you bullets/missiles you can throw back at them so whats even the point?

It's pretty handy against those rocket barrage type of attacks that they -can't- stop feeding you ammo with, but other than those situations I do agree. But for times when you're suddenly outnumbered it's nice to have Ion Shield to just say "hey, hey, let's just cool it for a bit while I back up behind some cover"

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Vortex shield is for blocking tones tracking missiles because they're usually too dumb to realise you can do that poo poo.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

It would be cool if the vortex shield were a little less obvious because using it as a deterrent is fine but blasting someone with their own ammo is better.

I also wish I could redirect cores, but northstars core and salvo core seem to ignore vortex shield.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Knifegrab posted:

This is true, but if you do well it's goddamn hilarious how fast you can level up. Even without Double XP I can go nearly one level every 2 matches (or better), simply because Win/Good Performance/Match Complete is 3 Merits, and you only need 2 more from guns or titans or something to make up the extra. If you have a really great match you can level up a weapon a couple of times, probably level a titan too because you're earning them and earning cores real fast. 6 or 7 merits from a match is really doable.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Knifegrab posted:

It would be cool if the vortex shield were a little less obvious because using it as a deterrent is fine but blasting someone with their own ammo is better.

I also wish I could redirect cores, but northstars core and salvo core seem to ignore vortex shield.

It would honestly be good for the balance of the game if Ion could partially redirect Salvo or Flight Core stuff back at the offending Titan. Not the whole thing, but a significant chunk. That would give it the extra oomph it needs to be great IMO.

I find Vortex to be pretty good for making enemy titans target my other teammates in Last Titan Standing. I've also pulled a couple of clutch blocks out with it on Scorch - kept him from igniting his gas trap at longer ranges. Other than that, like you said, it's just a "buy time" skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

ChickenWyngz posted:

LLJK was set to Private, so you have to change your filters to allow Private networks before it shows up. And since its Private, the leader needs to accept join requests.