Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Literally posted:

Did Amber's cat die?

No, I'm 3 minutes into the newest CumTown, and the cat has already vomited and then immediately shitted, and the Cumboys are talking about Amber's cat-shaped blind spot when it comes to reminding her roommates about shared space cleanliness.

By my count that's at least 3 episodes on the free side where the cat is making GBS threads & vomiting in the kitchen while the 'boys podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/mattvbrady/status/794356191530881025

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
speaking of potential guests

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/794306895850807297

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Is it really an ambush question (or would be ambush question, whatever that means) when the people who have repeatedly publically criticised your position on abortion ask you about abortion?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

[extremely tradcath voice] my ambush questions

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bryter posted:

Is it really an ambush question (or would be ambush question, whatever that means) when the people who have repeatedly publically criticised your position on abortion ask you about abortion?

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/794354714813022210
https://twitter.com/AmberALeeFrost/status/794355771710521349
https://twitter.com/AmberALeeFrost/status/794355993299865602

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh poo poo

Chapo piece up at Pacific Standard

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

nice

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

That's a pro click right there

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao matt always comes off as the biggest schlub of the three, also he has a bad habit of huffing his fart and going into elaborate rants about a point that completely flew by his head

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

One thing I didn't agree with in the premium ep was the "Americans are too pampered, no one's gonna be in the streets" probably applies to some people, but I think black folks, Native American folks have shown that they will get out in the streets. Hell, Trump got scared out of chicago by demonstration from a coalition of Fight for 15, BLM and other activists.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

One thing I didn't agree with in the premium ep was the "Americans are too pampered, no one's gonna be in the streets" probably applies to some people, but I think black folks, Native American folks have shown that they will get out in the streets. Hell, Trump got scared out of chicago by demonstration from a coalition of Fight for 15, BLM and other activists.

People will go out and protest in the streets, sure, but Matt meant "go out into the streets" in the Weimar Germany sense of "literal deadly violent clashes between political groups in the streets" which dumb members of the commentariat fear will happen if/when Trump doesn't concede. Sometimes protests are violently repressed in America today, but they never turn violent because, as Matt points out, there are few people who are literally willing to kill or be killed for their political beliefs

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Civilized Fishbot posted:

People will go out and protest in the streets, sure, but Matt meant "go out into the streets" in the Weimar Germany sense of "literal deadly violent clashes between political groups in the streets" which dumb members of the commentariat fear will happen if/when Trump doesn't concede. Sometimes protests are violently repressed in America today, but they never turn violent because, as Matt points out, there are few people who are literally willing to kill or be killed for their political beliefs

Yeah, that makes more sense than what I thought.

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/794345557208637440

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phobophilia posted:

lmao matt always comes off as the biggest schlub of the three, also he has a bad habit of huffing his fart and going into elaborate rants about a point that completely flew by his head

I like when the fat one gets mad, he sounds like he's ruining a thanksgiving dinner every time

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Yeah, they were specifically mocking people who will grab their guns if Hillary wins, because THOSE are the types that won't last long at all, see also the second American Civil War episode.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

As hilarious as that latest premium episode was, I don't think Trump's call to not respect the election results if he loses is something to dismiss as "scared lib" talk. It shows a peek into how undemocratic he would be if he does win, which is highly unlikely in spite of certain sites and media outlets saying that it's getting close. And while nobody is gonna take it to the streets if Trump loses, I wouldn't doubt there being a smattering of racist violence in its aftermath. Matt Walsh is all talk, but scattered white nationalists could mean business. Let's not forget yet another black church firebombing recently with "Vote Trump" sprayed on it.

As for the good stuff, I completely forgot about Steven Den Beste's blog post about how being at a strip club made him have faith in women. I remember he once said that his last name "appropriately" translates to "The Best" in Dutch. Good night, sweet anime warmonger, and may a chorus of waifus lead you to 2D Heaven.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

One of my absolute favorite things about 2016 is that MST3k/Rifftrax's Bill Corbett is a Grey Wolf.

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/794598155056775168

Also:

https://twitter.com/Buttockus/status/794569055927574528

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

As hilarious as that latest premium episode was, I don't think Trump's call to not respect the election results if he loses is something to dismiss as "scared lib" talk. It shows a peek into how undemocratic he would be if he does win, which is highly unlikely in spite of certain sites and media outlets saying that it's getting close. And while nobody is gonna take it to the streets if Trump loses, I wouldn't doubt there being a smattering of racist violence in its aftermath. Matt Walsh is all talk, but scattered white nationalists could mean business. Let's not forget yet another black church firebombing recently with "Vote Trump" sprayed on it.

As for the good stuff, I completely forgot about Steven Den Beste's blog post about how being at a strip club made him have faith in women. I remember he once said that his last name "appropriately" translates to "The Best" in Dutch. Good night, sweet anime warmonger, and may a chorus of waifus lead you to 2D Heaven.

Agreed, but scared libs are literally sacred of Trump trying to start a coup or poo poo like that. Which won't happen because Trump supporters are all, like Trump himself, lazy old men with big salaries and families

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agreed, but scared libs are literally sacred of Trump trying to start a coup or poo poo like that. Which won't happen because Trump supporters are all, like Trump himself, lazy old men with big salaries and families
Yeah no disagreement there. Church bombings don't equal a coup.

Also there was a different podcast I listen to that had Jeff Jacoby as one of their guests on their most recent episodes. I couldn't get to it because it was all politics and they get very hard to listen to when that's a topic of focus, but I hope someone asked him about Caleb. I'll redownload and just skip to the interview with him.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

also completely disregards militias, which are feeling extremely impowered due to the Bundys

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
are there many people afraid of actual coup attempts, or are people just maybe worried that the white nationalist who spent his entire campaign shouting 'YOU ARE HEROES FOR HATING THE MUSLIMS AND MEXICANS LIKE ME, IF ANYTHING EVER DOESN'T GO YOUR WAY IT'S BECAUSE 'THOSE PEOPLE' RIGGED IT, ALSO JEWS BUT I GOTTA BE MORE SUBTLE ABOUT THAT' probably just emboldened the types of people who, say, burn a church or mosque down.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Tatum Girlparts posted:

are there many people afraid of actual coup attempts, or are people just maybe worried that the white nationalist who spent his entire campaign shouting 'YOU ARE HEROES FOR HATING THE MUSLIMS AND MEXICANS LIKE ME, IF ANYTHING EVER DOESN'T GO YOUR WAY IT'S BECAUSE 'THOSE PEOPLE' RIGGED IT, ALSO JEWS BUT I GOTTA BE MORE SUBTLE ABOUT THAT' probably just emboldened the types of people who, say, burn a church or mosque down.

Also SHE SHOULD BE IN JAIL and now they are chanting EXECUTE HER

Like you don't have to be a scared lib to think that SOMETHING will go down. These people are far too riled up and emboldened by a major party's Presidential candidate to just settle for the results. It is really my only sour point of this podcast is that they are too eager to poo poo on everyone and everything without thinking maybe there is something there to be looked at.

e: unless it is Matthew Yglesias that dude is a loving knob
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/4/13500018/clinton-email-scandal-bullshit

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 4, 2016

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There are people who are actually worried that donald trump's refusal to accept the results of the election wold represent a grave danger to American democracy itself (as well as people who more sensibly understand that racist rhetoric encourages racist violence)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

There are people who are actually worried that donald trump's refusal to accept the results of the election wold represent a grave danger to American democracy itself (as well as people who more sensibly understand that racist rhetoric encourages racist violence)

I think that's my favorite stupid panic thing because yea it would be pretty loving gross and all but yea if we're worried about the life of democracy maybe we should focus on poo poo like NC proudly just saying 'yea we totally neutered early voting in black areas (thanks for the money beeteedubs white liberals)' and facing no repercussions at all other than a few frowny faces.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/SergeiX/status/794615085012582400

ontopic:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/794349924573794305

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 4, 2016

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Militias seem like a lesser threat than our heavily armed, racist police forces who've rallied around Trump.

They're also living proof that fat, unhealthy armed groups can pretty successfully get on the street and kill people.

red19fire posted:

A cat that can't stop vomiting and making GBS threads on everything probably wasn't meant to survive on this earth.

https://twitter.com/AmberALeeFrost/status/794645038433234944

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

red19fire posted:

A cat that can't stop vomiting and making GBS threads on everything probably wasn't meant to survive on this earth.

That's what cats do man

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Brendan's piece in Deadspin about Robert Caruso is amazing: http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/did-robert-caruso-con-the-washington-press-or-is-that-w-1788510128

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I wonder if Molly Klein pays the $5 per month to listen to the premium episodes so she can transcribe them as well. She's unhealthily obsessed with the Chapo boys, so much so that perhaps paying her in increments just so she can talk on the show might be worth it. I know I'd gladly pay to get access to the Left Forum for her inevitable "Chapo Trap House Delenta Est" panel.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
She probably downloads them from the offsite splinter LF where they get posted.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Seconding.

Joementum posted:

She probably downloads them from the offsite splinter LF where they get posted.

I think the Rhizzone is also psy-op

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it's psyops all the way down

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I wouldn't mind being assigned to the Red Kahina op, but volunteering for internet spy work doesn't pay well. still waiting on my Soros check.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Credit where credit's due though, she's been calling Zizek an anti-immigrant racist for forever and sure enough he announced his preference for Trump the other day.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I feel like there hasn't been an episode yet on Clean Comedian Dan Nainan despite all the references to him.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

he's for the appreciation of long-term fans only

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Corek posted:

I feel like there hasn't been an episode yet on Clean Comedian Dan Nainan despite all the references to him.

I watched a video of his act from one of the replies to that tweet thread and christ, this is the guy that millionaires pay to tell lovely "clean" jokes. It was 30 minutes built out of the premise that he's half Japanese, half Indian. That was pretty much it, enjoy the funny accents. Then apparently he goes home to send deranged insecure rants to people who told him he's not funny or wouldn't hire his act for their club.

Also LF exists offsite and people are still posting there holy poo poo. No one talks about this.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 5, 2016

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Cum Town was where I learned Nainan bought urls of other comedians' names and has an enemies list. Before that I just knew him as the work safe comedian who performed at corporate retreats.

You've got to keep up with the Chapo Extended Universe to get the whole story.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Which ep is that?

I remember a feud he had with Maron years ago. Possibly the only feud that wasn't Maron's fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

Cum Town was where I learned Nainan bought urls of other comedians' names and has an enemies list. Before that I just knew him as the work safe comedian who performed at corporate retreats.

You've got to keep up with the Chapo Extended Universe to get the whole story.

Holy lol I thought chapo trap house redirecting to his site was their gag