Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I'm more curious about the netcode than everything else especially with how bad IW's netcode/lag comp/whatever the gently caress felt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
my netcode concerns got somewhat alleviated on the second weekend. i also hope that with a larger player base the matchmaking is a little more smooth

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

faantastic posted:

MWR is really really good. It's got all the old obnoxious bullshit, the guns feel great though. And I'm playing it on a 18" tv at work cause my internet is d e a d since 2pm.

Have you been killed from your spawn with 3x Frags yet?

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Mill Village posted:

No cause people haven't unlocked it yet.

I have chained airstrikes on dom/shipment however. If I was playing on a real tv/monitor I imagine it would be even more fun.

I've had NO latency issues even playing on this slow connection. I'll be poopsocking tonight at home once my internet is back.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

I was killed by spawning on my own grenade on Bog once. :v:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Superanos posted:

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/794162255143256064

Can't craft it all. They'll probably put even better Epics in the supply drops!

That's awful but at least we know 1 / 3 Epics isn't any kind of p2w nonsense.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I'm trying to stay positive here, but the moment we see one of those variant just own every other guns in the game (a la AW Bal Inferno) I'm gonna be a salty lil quebekois scumbag and I'm gonna blame all my losses on it.

At least I have robot doggo to keep me happy in IW.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Zodack posted:

That's awful but at least we know 1 / 3 Epics isn't any kind of p2w nonsense.

The Ripper epic with that name has been shown off before. It's the one that loses its headshot multiplier and gains a groinshot multiplier.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 3, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

lmao this is actually great

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Money well spent, tbh.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
My gamestop has an extra Legacy Pro edition so I switched my preorder.

It should be criminal how bad I am with money

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
This feels so weird. The characters are very small vs the environment and the hipfire is nuts.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

trash person posted:

My gamestop has an extra Legacy Pro edition so I switched my preorder.

It should be criminal how bad I am with money

You and I both :negative:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

What is the cheapest possible way to get a copy of this game so I can play MWR because i give absolutely zero fucks about anything COD after MW2.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Laserface posted:

What is the cheapest possible way to get a copy of this game so I can play MWR because i give absolutely zero fucks about anything COD after MW2.

find someone who has amazon prime and have them order the $80 edition for $63

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I can hook you up for free I think you can send to a non-prime address but not sure if they changed that

But I also don't want to support a lovely COD and microtransactions 🤔

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

trash person posted:

And like I said Titanfall 2 is fun but I don't want to dump a ton of hours in it to find no one playing it in three months.

i will never understand this thought process, i think it's a thought process for retards actually so i just can't do it

very dissapointed in this lovely cod year, but titanfall 2 is amazing i highly recommend it

next years ww2 cod should be good though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Titanfall 2 is really good and so is the SP. seriously people are right saying it's what future space COD should have been. Very fast paced.

Also they aren't splitting the DLC with maps. It's the pay for cosmetic poo poo model

It's gonna gain some momentum in the next few months I'm sure, especially when people realize IW sucks and BF1 is just more of walking for two minutes to get sniped with a different skin

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Pleasantly surprised that the beta camos were placeholders. I mean, come on, but it looks like we have a nice selection of pretty alright camos this go around.

Even if you can't preview anything that is locked, which is kind of hosed up?

So far so good, I like some of the new maps and dislike others. Game feels the same as the beta, just less quickscopers and more campers because it's release day.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can I get MWR without IW?

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Can I get MWR without IW?

No.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Javes posted:

I bought BF1, TF2, will buy IW and I started playing the Division again due to the 1.4 patch.

:same:
I think all 4 games have their own unique core, flair and gimmicks as incentive to enjoy and play.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I can't wait for IW to go on sale so I can drunkenly purchase it on a Friday night. The sooner the better. I've got interest in MWR though, but that will probably change once I pick it up again.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
let's play some motherfucking IW/MWR, xbox goons

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

My interest in MW4 increased a lot now that I know the ACOG M40 will still 1-shot kill wherever. Can't decide which game to play first when I get home from work.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Looks like my copy has been delivered and my wife is traveling for work all next week. I'll have to tear myself from Battlefield to play this some in the next week.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Ok, after 3 hours I opened a ticket to refund COD IW. Maybe it is because Titanfall2 wipes the floor with it. TF2 is superior in every way, more fluid, more fastpaced, just more fun. I am disappointed a bit, and I might buy Modern Warfare remastered in the future separately.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Does MWR end up doing a disc check for IW, like was originally reported?

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

ethanol posted:

i will never understand this thought process, i think it's a thought process for retards actually so i just can't do it

very dissapointed in this lovely cod year, but titanfall 2 is amazing i highly recommend it

next years ww2 cod should be good though

The idea is that the multiplayer community dies a few months after release, which is what happened to Titanfall 1 from my experience.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
gotta admit after the first 15 minutes, MWR turned into lovely quickscoping 24/7 and i contemplated trying to refund the bundle

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It's the pay for cosmetic poo poo model

Not even, gotta unlock it via gift boxes or credits and you can't buy either tho I want to.

beaner69 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 4, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

LOL @ IW having a near-6 GB day one patch. Paused that poo poo so MWR can download faster. GO GO GO!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...campaign=buffer

quote:

According to the official Activision FAQ for the game, the Windows 10 Store and Steam versions of the game will only allow users to play with people who have bought that version. The same applies to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
:lol:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

beaner69 posted:

Not even, gotta unlock it via gift boxes or credits and you can't buy either tho I want to.

It's just some dumb banners and bad skins behind Advocate boxes though. I imagine later down the line they'll add new Execution animations available to both Titans and Pilots as paid DLC.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

trash person posted:

To one up your garbage person-ness, I purchased Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 and I'm STILL gonna get Infinite Warfare.

Battlefield 1 is great but I don't really have people to play with on a regular basis and that game is very much enriched by having a group of people to consistently play with instead of randos. And like I said Titanfall 2 is fun but I don't want to dump a ton of hours in it to find no one playing it in three months.

drat you Activision you've got me.

I am having these same thoughts despite loving TF2. A bit disappointed in BF1 (should be good once all the dlc/patches are out as usual). If I didn't have so many games to play this fall it would be a no brainer.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

That's probably not Activision's fault

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Is COD officially dead now? I watched versus stream IW MP last night and it looked like a loving dumpster fire.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

SilentW posted:

Is COD officially dead now? I watched versus stream IW MP last night and it looked like a loving dumpster fire.

Don't know quite yet, friends working in different ebgames told me they've sold out and had massive pre-orders for the legacy edition. It's hard to know the real ammount of people playing now.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

SilentW posted:

I don't think any of the studios can do anything to make people stop buying CoD.

IW isn't great but it's better than Ghosts and Ghosts survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Zodack posted:

IW isn't great but it's better than Ghosts and Ghosts survived.

ghosts had nodes tho

• Locked thread