Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

ColHannibal posted:

Can't you just let the guy make his lovely incorrect assumption in peace?

Don't assume genders, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can also apparently hack medkits so the enemy can't pick them up

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

pharah and junkrat are way closer to soldier and demoman than sombra is to spy

Also Mercy and the Medic

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

The ult will be made or broken by the range.

She'll be doing the same thing as Reaper: use movement abilities to get into place, then pop ult right as Zarya pops hers.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
there's nothing like the sniper from tf2 in overwatch, that's for sure, can't wait for blizzard to add that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Also Mercy and the Medic

and widowmaker and the sniper

e:f;b

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta post here too, Jastiger called it. Almost ability by ability i called Sombras build. Waiting for that royalty check Blizzard

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it's ok i was referring to hanzo

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

She can cloak like a Spy and use the Spy's sapper on people.

She can also teleport, but Spy can backstab.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like Sombra, and her abilities look cool.

I think Sombra will be cool. I will probably main Sombra.

I will be one of Sombras Hombras.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
the double jumping character is a ripoff of scout also

is there a video of what sombra's gun attacks look like in practice, because I feel like that's actually a pretty big deal in how useful this character is

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So Mei becomes more like Pyro; she's going to be constantly spraying her weapon looking for cloaked sombras.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The first person perspective is a rip off of Doom

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Sombra looks fun. Translocator could probably have some really cool uses since it's (assumingly) not limited horizontally like Tracer's. Playing against her seems annoying, but whatever so are other heroes.

It's going to be used as the escape back to safety after she sneaks behind enemy lines and uses ult.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I just want Blizzard to add a hero based loosely on one of their other games called something like Karrigen so I can have an ultimate that summons in a swarm of 23 Zorglins to run around and eat everyone on the map.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Canemacar posted:

So Mei becomes more like Pyro; she's going to be constantly spraying her weapon looking for cloaked sombras.

I get the feeling D.Va's actually going to be the best at this.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

I get the feeling D.Va's actually going to be the best at this.

I'm thinking Winston actually since any damage breaks the cloak.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Doom was a ripoff of Wolfenstein 3d

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

pakman posted:

Doom was a ripoff of Wolfenstein 3d

Wolfenstein was a rip off of Pong.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Have you guys ever heard of a little something called pinball? :smug:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Papercut posted:

It's going to be used as the escape back to safety after she sneaks behind enemy lines and uses ult.

Nevermind, watching a stream now.

Her translocator is like a grenade on a short cooldown and she can throw it and teleport there instantly. Like think of Ana's grenade, she can huck it across the map and instantly appear there.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

make the translocator telefrag, but also make it so if you try to teleport to a broken beacon you telefrag yourself. go whole hog blizzard you cowards

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Bogart posted:

Have you guys ever heard of a little something called pinball? :smug:

Does it run on Windows 10?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jastiger posted:

Gotta post here too, Jastiger called it. Almost ability by ability i called Sombras build. Waiting for that royalty check Blizzard

My uncle works at Blizzard, I'll have him get in touch.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

'Bra looks cool, and maybe since she exists they can buff torb's turret, since now there'll be a lower skill counter to torb spam.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Cowcaster posted:

make the translocator telefrag, but also make it so if you try to teleport to a broken beacon you telefrag yourself. go whole hog blizzard you cowards
It better not have any cooldown.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Cowcaster posted:

is there an end date on the genji skin giveaway or is it just if you happen to play 15 games of hots you get a genji skin

It's a three week window.

quote:

Your challenge, should you choose to accept, is to party up with one or more of your friends and play at least 15 Heroes of the Storm games in Co-op vs. AI, Quick Match, Unranked Draft, or Ranked modes between November 15 and January 4.
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20327397

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
welp I think I'm gonna be a Sombra main

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Watching this stream of Sombra, my reaction is "goodbye Tracer"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

'Bra looks cool, and maybe since she exists they can buff torb's turret, since now there'll be a lower skill counter to torb spam.

Hahahahahahjqjajaja nah they're just gonna let torb and symmetra sit and rot, maybe give them another flat 10% damage nerf on consoles because why not

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I guess I'll have to see how she actually is when we get to play her, but right not it seems like she's got a lot of abilities that would make her super useful even if she only had one of them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

They've come out and very specifically said they aren't going to buff defense heroes.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm playing the world's smallest violin for torbjorn mains

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Star posted:

I guess I'll have to see how she actually is when we get to play her, but right not it seems like she's got a lot of abilities that would make her super useful even if she only had one of them.

Her left-click also does too much damage for how useful her entire kit is. She's like Tracer with more mobility, more utility, and a better ult.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

Long gone are the days of telefragging noobs online

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
"time 2 ruin the game guys" - blizzard

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i'm playing the world's smallest violin for torbjorn mains

think of all the symmetra mains tho

those poor, useless baby sentries

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Papercut posted:

Her left-click also does too much damage for how useful her entire kit is. She's like Tracer with more mobility, more utility, and a better ult.

Do we have the #s on Sombra yet?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I didn't see anywhere when she hits live. Do we have to wait for Tuesday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Sombra's health pack hack is actually going to be incredibly strong on KotH maps with the health packs closest to the point