Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Good. Read the article this was a follow-up to.

http://internet.gawker.com/tony-the-tiger-cant-tweet-without-furries-begging-him-f-1740600010

Furries have bad manners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

furries are decadent and depraved

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

What was once thought an impossible dream is now a reality. Estrella Jalisco presents the first Hispanic hologram!

http://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/latin/7557820/jenni-rivera-hologram-day-of-the-dead-hollywood-forever-cemetary?client=safari

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

two women vets tell veterans how to transition back to civilian life on the Facebook page of one of the prime causes of perpetual war

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Lena Dunham has to be a sleeper agent for the right.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

so many layers, and they're all bad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lena dunham, just... stop all of this stuff you are doing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/794182427279261696

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Karl Barks posted:

so many layers, and they're all bad

The only layers I'm seeing are on her gut

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

The only layers I'm seeing are on her gut

nah that's usual for non size-0 women in that pose without photoshop. dont bring it down to appearance when there are other legitimate reasons to mock it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

nah that's usual for non size-0 women in that pose without photoshop. dont bring it down to appearance when there are other legitimate reasons to mock it

Guess my non-size 0 wife is unusual then :grin:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lena dunham is the stupidest person with celebrity status in america and that's saying something. my dad used to agree but i think he's read one too many New Yorker articles praising her because i brought that up again and he doesn't anymore. getting old sucks

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

that's a kickass hat

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
can everyone please stop being so sexist against lena dunham, holy gently caress

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this post is relevant again:

get that OUT of my face posted:

i used to think that Girls had the greatest disconnect between economically-advantaged culture critics and everyone else, but Hamilton has it beat by a country mile

snakeandbake posted:

can everyone please stop being so sexist against lena dunham, holy gently caress
stupidity isn't gendered, unless you're talking about the people actually being sexist itt

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
why can't yall make a post about lena dunham without being weird and depressing, it's not hard

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I don't think I "get" Lena dunham

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat

devtesla posted:

why can't yall make a post about lena dunham without being weird and depressing, it's not hard

Why are you depressed that people dislike Lena Dunham for her privileged, smug attitude, Jastiger?

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

i dont know or care who lena dunham is

but she makes annoying nerds angry so more power to her

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

Why are you depressed that people dislike Lena Dunham for her privileged, smug attitude, Jastiger?

I'm depressed that they're not funny about lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/794713384289792000

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

this post is relevant again:

stupidity isn't gendered, unless you're talking about the people actually being sexist itt

What do you mean about Hamilton? I haven't seen it.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/DoobiesDogHouse/status/377784831284756480

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What do you mean about Hamilton? I haven't seen it.
neither has the vast majority of america, but that doesn't stop pop culture critics from saying it's a cultural juggernaut

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

neither has the vast majority of america, but that doesn't stop pop culture critics from saying it's a cultural juggernaut

It's like how most articles about millennials are only based on the young affluent white people in large coastal cities.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat
So I take it Hamilton is just another fad for bored bourgies to cling to as they try to convince themselves they are both progressive, and "with it".

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

it literally is unreal because it wasn't the Navy who painted the thing pink, it was some museum's dumb show of wokeness

it hasn't been owned by the Navy for decades

so a MUSEUM literally defaced a historical piece of technology for the sake of wokeness?

dang

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

This is what long term exposure to woke brands does to a person. Please keep your children away from the brands.
https://twitter.com/rachelmillman/status/794947992788893696

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
They seem pretty cool actually.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat

The Saurus posted:

so a MUSEUM literally defaced a historical piece of technology for the sake of wokeness?

dang

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean it's dumb to be all 'my god why, WHY has Taylor Swift not waded in? Truly she is failing to do her duty to America...' but yea it's not fuckin crazy to say 'maybe celebrities who have more direct access to their fans then ever before could be very influential in politics when they typically already have causes and all that fall under the political sphere to begin with'.

But a lot of celebrities, such as JK Rowling have lovely regressive viewpoints and use their influence to forward those instead.

Why should we act like celebrities' opinions are more valuable than other peoples simply because they're famous? It's ridiculous to put that kind of pressure on someone who performs for a living. They have no duty to speak out publicly on political issues just like anyone is free to keep their politics to themselves in their professional and public life.

I don't think we should be encouraging or demanding famous people to get involved in politics just because they have influence, that's a terrible idea.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Hello, this is my first time in Cspam.

Is that a pink tank with a giant middle finger on it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat

A Spider Covets posted:

Hello, this is my first time in Cspam.

Is that a pink tank with a giant middle finger on it

Yes, thank you for your custom.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

The Saurus posted:

But a lot of celebrities, such as JK Rowling have lovely regressive viewpoints and use their influence to forward those instead.

Why should we act like celebrities' opinions are more valuable than other peoples simply because they're famous? It's ridiculous to put that kind of pressure on someone who performs for a living. They have no duty to speak out publicly on political issues just like anyone is free to keep their politics to themselves in their professional and public life.

I don't think we should be encouraging or demanding famous people to get involved in politics just because they have influence, that's a terrible idea.

We Are The World

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Saurus posted:

I mean they're not 'more valuable' but JK Rowling making stupid tweets about Scotland was seen by a poo poo ton more people than, say, some rando saying 'no that's real dumb'. So, they do have more weight even if they're not more valuable in the sense that somehow famous people are More Citizens than us or whatever.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

extrapolating pop culture onto current events is one of the dumbest, most surface-level mental exercises out there and jk rowling regularly does it with the characters she created. also she's a welfare state supporter who is vehemently opposed to someone who would help expand it

steinrokkan posted:

So I take it Hamilton is just another fad for bored bourgies to cling to as they try to convince themselves they are both progressive, and "with it".
you hit it right on the nose

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Powercrazy posted:

Guess my non-size 0 wife is unusual then :grin:

The anatomy of the hand is complex, intricate, and fascinating. Its integrity is absolutely essential for our everyday functional living. Our hands may be affected by many disorders, most commonly traumatic injury. For any physician or therapist treating hand problems, the mastery of such anatomy is fundamental in order to provide the best quality of care. Surface anatomy of the left hand. A is the dorsum of the left hand, and B is the palm of the left hand. Number 1 is the position of the extensor retinaculum, 2 is the position of the flexor retinaculum, 3 is the position of the head of the metacarpals, 4 is the ulnar artery, 5 is the radial artery, 6 is the level of the deep palmar arch, and 7 is the level of the superficial palmar arch. A total of 27 bones constitute the basic skeleton of the wrist and hand. The hand is innervated by 3 ner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

This quote reminds me of a news article I read about elite, expensive private schools which include classes on privilege. I mean, I'm not one of those people saying it doesn't exist. I mean that the people running those places tend to be hypocritical and think sacrificing words on the altar of progressivism makes tax sheltering their old-money okay. Also, it's about wanting their kids to know how to stay within the lines when they do PR.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Nov 5, 2016