Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
They didn't nerf his normal stat curve to compensate for the zones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

skarner has lower stats during the winter because he's a bug and its cold, new summoners rift map has a lot of these "easter eggs" (thats a joke, its the winter map, easter is in the spring if you didnt know)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Orv posted:

:smith:

That sucks, Skarner was always my favorite not-quite-great initiator.

He's still one of the best junglers in the game even post-rework and even saw play at Worlds. The minigame is finnicky to play around, but he's still a very strong addition to a team.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Skarner is good. People complain about the shrines but it's basically a free buff for Skarner around dragon/baron.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alright that's not too bad, on the list to buy he goes.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

They didn't nerf his normal stat curve to compensate for the zones?

I don’t have numbers in front of me but he's designed to be a viable champion outside of the zones, it's not like he's only good inside them because that's where all hia power went.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Now I've got you

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Azir needed his range at which he could auto through his soldiers nerfed and maybe a number change on his q but otherwise he was fine imo, instead error went after completely random poo poo. Like his first balance change was getting rid of one part of his E like ????

Also anivia is loving cancerous right now. Her 1-5 is shaky but at level 6 you drop your ult on the enemy laner, E them and do 60% of their HP while simultaneously clearing the wave. Then, 8 seconds later when your E is back up you do it again and kill them. ~balance~

as a follow up you will put her R on cooldown if you blast her with a Q

kassadin baby lets go

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Honestly if they just made it so azir couldn't clear wards with his soldiers I'd have been happy. Of all the dumb things, he already has so much mobility why give him free vision control.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the true hosed up thing is why Azir can put a tower on top of Xerath in Ascension

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Orv posted:

:smith:

That sucks, Skarner was always my favorite not-quite-great initiator.

Slow on Q is completely gone and the slow is now distributed to his E, which if you land it has a big slow and will give a proc for a mini stun on Skarner's next auto on the person hit.

He's still fine but the zones are the stupidest way he's ever been balanced. And I still stand by saying gently caress the guy that decided they were a good idea. The three hit passive was better too

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 4, 2016

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Rengar rework video is out and at the end he kills a full health Xerath in under 2 seconds while getting stunned and exhausted lmao

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Rengar is my pick for the one among the four reworks that'll be highest pick/ban. Giving him a cleanse that also makes him CC immune after using is just... eugh

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Skarner is good. People complain about the shrines but it's basically a free buff for Skarner around dragon/baron.

He is still good but old Skarner was infinitely more fun to play. I'll still bring him out in the jungle because I love the bug but a lot of the magic is gone.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
$ elementalist lux $

https://www.riftherald.com/lol-skins/2016/11/4/13524742/elementalist-lux-ultimate-skin-2016-lol

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 4, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Skarmer's power within the zones is pretty substantial, it's not like they just cripple him outside them and then he's normal power inside. The idea is that it rewards good zone control of baron/dragon/buffs by giving you a massive advantage in taking those objectives and in any fight that breaks out over them.

In reality though, it just constrains Skarner to a certain area in a fight and removing his passive from his kit takes all of either not fighting near it, or capturing it and contesting the objective in the next 15 seconds.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

are there any previews yet? I want to see it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

Wait what happened to kill lobster?

They added some zone control stuff that if Skarner's team owns the zone Skarner gets hella buff, and also regens mana. Some people are very salty and think it ruined him, I personally think it's pretty fun and also you don't gas yourself clearing the jungle at speed.

It also made him one of the top winrate junglers in soloque for a long while now.

edit: well beaten to the party, but my point still stands. Also E is no longer entirely pointless!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

are there any previews yet? I want to see it.

No, just teasers. Probably won't see anything until new patch cycle starts in 1-2 weeks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Watching Quas stream Nasus right now, his build is awesome. He starts two Dorans (ring), maxes R -> E -> Q, first buy is ZZ'rot portal. :getin: :smugdog:

Orv
May 4, 2011

SaffronKit posted:

They added some zone control stuff that if Skarner's team owns the zone Skarner gets hella buff, and also regens mana. Some people are very salty and think it ruined him, I personally think it's pretty fun and also you don't gas yourself clearing the jungle at speed.

It also made him one of the top winrate junglers in soloque for a long while now.

edit: well beaten to the party, but my point still stands. Also E is no longer entirely pointless!

I guess if you can't trust the guy with a Skarner avatar, who can you trust?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Sexpansion posted:

Watching Quas stream Nasus right now, his build is awesome. He starts two Dorans (ring), maxes R -> E -> Q, first buy is ZZ'rot portal. :getin: :smugdog:

I saw a stream of someone do that (probably the same person?) and it was amazing how easily he dominated his lane. Even before the ZZ'rot. I don't even remember where he placed the ZZ'rot.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Neurolimal posted:

In reality though, it just constrains Skarner to a certain area in a fight and removing his passive from his kit takes all of either not fighting near it, or capturing it and contesting the objective in the next 15 seconds.

No, it doesn't. Skarner isn't bad when he isn't fighting in a control area, he's cheatmode strong when he IS. There's a very important difference here.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Transient People posted:

No, it doesn't. Skarner isn't bad when he isn't fighting in a control area, he's cheatmode strong when he IS. There's a very important difference here.

Not sure how any of that invalidates what I said. I never said Skarner was bad, just that his passive is bad in that it's a steroid that in practice will never be exploited assuming the enemy team is not colorblind and can stand on zones before the fight.

The rest of his kit is fine, but just like shen his new minigame blows, no matter how much stats they drop on it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Neurolimal posted:

Not sure how any of that invalidates what I said. I never said Skarner was bad, just that his passive is bad in that it's a steroid that in practice will never be exploited assuming the enemy team is not colorblind and can stand on zones before the fight.

The rest of his kit is fine, but just like shen his new minigame blows, no matter how much stats they drop on it.

Because that's not how it works because Skarner should be acting proactively - if you force a dragon, what's the enemy team capable of doing to stop your zone besides getting close enough to get flash-grabbed? It rewards aggressive, proactive play. Saying it doesn't fit Skarner is fine, but nobody should be able to say it's not relevant with a straight face, because it absolutely is. It's a super strong winmore passive.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

skarner has lower stats during the winter because he's a bug and its cold, new summoners rift map has a lot of these "easter eggs" (thats a joke, its the winter map, easter is in the spring if you didnt know)

I did know that, actually.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

the true hosed up thing is why Azir can put a tower on top of Xerath in Ascension

you can xerath just has to be dead IDIOT

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Luna Was Here posted:

you can xerath just has to be dead IDIOT

WHY THE gently caress DOES HE HAS A TOWER IN ASCENSION, A TEAM FIGHT GAME MODE

its dumb

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i didnt think it was possible to lose to the AI in 15 minutes but here we are

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
some dude melted down about how i was playing nunu in the jungle in a bots game and liek yolo motherfucker that's how you practice poo poo but at least i tried to stop the bots from pushing to the inhibitors in under twenty minutes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i didnt think it was possible to lose to the AI in 15 minutes but here we are

Sometimes I think "how is this possible" about low level stuff but then I remember I've played 3300 hours of League

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

some dude melted down about how i was playing nunu in the jungle in a bots game and liek yolo motherfucker that's how you practice poo poo but at least i tried to stop the bots from pushing to the inhibitors in under twenty minutes

I have only ever lost to the AI once. It was on intermediate difficulty. One person disconnected before the game started and a second person said he had to go at level 2. I was the only person with positive KDA as Garen, so not much do could do.

I have won several games with 4 v 5 with afk bots. One kept disconnecting and reconnecting without ever moving. The another was a Sona that clearly had a script to place a ward at the krugs and auto attack from arround the wall to lose aggro before being hit.

I trolled the program several time by lilling the krugs but it would move somewhere else or wonder the map.

Edit: also about half the vs ai games i do has someone jungling and i have never seen anyone get bent out of shape over it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Doesn't a bot stay in base for every person that disconnects?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i almost lost to bots one time when i was dying of a pneumonia but my friend kingcobweb probably carried, i dont remember honestly

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kingcobweb posted:

Sometimes I think "how is this possible" about low level stuff but then I remember I've played 3300 hours of League

i've played for under a month and a half and have less than 50 games in total and im playing a new champ (renekton) because gently caress it and this game some dude spent the whole time screamin about how bad everyone else was and how he was going to report me for feeding because i pointed out that hey man im gettin my rear end handed to me this ahri is gonna get fed

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

I think it'll only compensate for one dc.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

That did happen once as well. But that may be a new feature or it works inconsistently. I am pretty sure they updated some of the AI with the doombot update. That may have been added then.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
like one of the things that stopped me from playing for a long time was hearing how toxic the community was

and the last month or so i've been like oh this isn't that bad

hahahahahaha yes it is

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a lot of people bot accounts up to 30 in bot games and those characters never disconnect but also never do anything and thats sort of a huge bummer for new players

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

like one of the things that stopped me from playing for a long time was hearing how toxic the community was

and the last month or so i've been like oh this isn't that bad

hahahahahaha yes it is

people can definitely be bad but theres something broken in the brains of people who do nothing but play these bot games, they're way worse than 99% of the people i run in to playing the regular pvp modes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

I dont know why people go crazy over AI games. We are usually there related to being new/bad or trying to get the daily IP bonus. Not like you should expect much.

• Locked thread