Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Good movie imo

Can't wait for inauguration when Hillary gores the Donald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

BarbarianElephant posted:

I don't think Trump is likely to start a nuclear war, but I do think he's certain to crash the economy. He does business by starting a lot of companies, driving most of them into the ground while making a personal profit, then selling off the remains. How that would look like with a nation, I shudder to think.

Trump takes office, and tries to run the economy to the exclusive benefit of old white men. Unfortunately for him, he is so bad at business that he manages to undo hundreds of years of racial and gender inequality.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

WampaLord posted:

gently caress off out of here, racist, you are not welcome.

I paid my :10bux: i can post wherever i please. gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Yes, some truly devastating stuff.

https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/794642496634703876

(This is actually from a separate release by the Dept of State, the FBI hasn't officially released anything yet about the emails it found.)

She takes her tea with milk. Clearly she intends to destroy the constitution and Declariation of Independence and bring back British rule

Dirt
May 26, 2003

The plot thickens:
https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/794643052845559808

This election is crazy and I can't wait for it to stop.

Also something tells me that the FBI won't be much help here

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I hope John Podesta coordinates wiccan and gothic volunteers throughout America to "raise the cone of power" and blight Trump with a sudden desire to tell the world what he REALLY thinks - say, sometime tonight.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dirt posted:

The plot thickens:

This election is crazy and I can't wait for it to stop

Telling the FBI you found their bug sounds like a mistake

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Nessus posted:

Oh man, those figures were the total number of registered voters? Meaning Trump would not just have to GOTV but pray that he motivates the terminally lazy?

Like i said - Colorado is done. It will probably be "Trump needs to win the remaining votes by 20 points to catch up" on election day.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Yes, some truly devastating stuff.

https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/794642496634703876

(This is actually from a separate release by the Dept of State, the FBI hasn't officially released anything yet about the emails it found.)

There's nothing I want more in this world right now than to tell Leslie Knope that Hillary Clinton likes to watch a show about her life. :3:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Gay marriage was not a wholly liberal issue, because rich and powerful people can also be gay and have gay friends and family. There were some gay conservative groups pushing for gay marriage. Of course, in 20 years time, it'll be all the noble conservatives pushing through gay marriage against the vehement protestations of the bigoted liberals (who came up with Don't ask, Don't tell!)

I disagree, the Religious Right is (or was) the dominant force in conservative American politics. And their two main issues were opposition to abortion rights and homosexuality. The opposing view is absolutely a liberal issue, even if small groups of conservatives are okay with it.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Dirt posted:

The plot thickens:

O'Keefe has a history of illegal wiretapping of Democrats:http://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/100105-filmmaker-okeefe-sentenced-in-sen-mary-landrieu-break-in and https://thinkprogress.org/james-okeefe-wiretapping-video-9c056e1a6339#.2zfg6v25z

Which of course doesn't mean much but something to bear in mind.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Dead cop in the Bronx.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Nobody will care unless the shooter is black (see the recent two cops who were killed in Iowa by a racist white Trump supporter), hail satan

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

LOL @ Hillary Clinton wanting to know what time The Good Wife is on.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I paid my :10bux: i can post wherever i please. gently caress off.

I kinda have to agree with this.

If MattD1zzl3, who shall be known from now on as "racist rear end in a top hat", wants to post here he can until a mod steps in and stops him. Now this doesn't mean that any post from racist rear end in a top hat should be given the time of day by other posters, or that racist rear end in a top hat's opinions should be given equal weight to other posters, but racist rear end in a top hat is perfectly fine to post here.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 4, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Also, I have created a thread about the moderation issue in D&D in QCS - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796594

I expect to be poo poo on, so please help by adding your own experiences.

I'm quoting this so it doesn't die on the last page and also because the first response was from our resident white supremacist and that makes me sad.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I don't think Trump is likely to start a nuclear war, but I do think he's certain to crash the economy. He does business by starting a lot of companies, driving most of them into the ground while making a personal profit, then selling off the remains. How that would look like with a nation, I shudder to think.

Most of the world's economy (hell you could say the vast majority of the world's economy) right now is hooked into the ironclad knowledge and expectation that the US will honor our bond obligations through the life of the bond, to the penny. We sell loving stability to the world financial system through issuing debt and for a while people were netting out to paying us for the privilege after adjusting for inflation. Trump has already floated the idea of breaking the promise we have with the world that we pay our debts in absolute full. If he won, the world would begin questioning whether the USD is a safe currency to denominate reserves in, and we'd have to hike Treasury rates to lure bond buyers back. That rate would then hit practically every aspect of consumer living everywhere in the world. Anything that involved USD changing hands at any point along the manufacture or supply chain would become unstable or drastically unstable depending on how much USD goes into the end to end process. Any adjustable-rate consumer debt would go nuts. Lenders whose books make certain assumptions about that debt being serviced would start freaking out. The global economy would dissolve and it would make the effect of Brexit on the GBP look like a single broker's sneeze on the NYSE trading floor. "Certain to crash the economy" is an understatement on a scale that transcends the most dry of British daytime television in the 70s. The global economy will melt down, flash boil, and then explode into the vacuum of space before loving sublimating into radioactive ice crystals and drifting away into the void.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yeah none of Trump's supporters give a poo poo about the economy (other than ARE JERBS :freep:), and many of them don't understand it and take Trump's word for whenever he incoherently rambles about economics.

This whole election has turned into a referendum not only on Trump, but on "political correctness" in general. This stupid culture war poo poo they want to wage is all they can comprehend and care about now.

i am harry posted:

This is good for the future, because when you vote it becomes easier to vote again, and with greater participation comes a greater chance of not watching our Type I Civilization end.

Um excuse me I think you mean Type 0, we have not dominated our planetary resources yet

:goonsay:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
This weird FBI is trying to undermine the US presidential election thing is loving weird. What is even going on anymore?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Dirt posted:

The plot thickens:

Jesus loving christ

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

This weird FBI is trying to undermine the US presidential election thing is loving weird. What is even going on anymore?

If anybody denies that Hillary is sufficiently progressive, throw the fact that the FBI is trying to subvert her in their face

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Can we go back for a moment to Steven Seagal being made a citizen of Russia by Putin? What is the plan here, convince Americans that Russia is A-OK by converting it's aging action stars no one really cares about anymore?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

You should take this to QCS, lest you get probated too.

I don't recall Viking ever identifying as black so I'm sure they're in the clear.

WampaLord posted:

I'm quoting this so it doesn't die on the last page and also because the first response was from our resident white supremacist and that makes me sad.

Thanks for doing this. I'm going to stay out of that thread because I'm sure it would be an insta-ban for any black poster, but you know my feelings on the issue and I trust you

Also interestingly MattDizzle's post wasn't terrible. I'm feeling cautious optimism towards the imperial cyclops lately

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why DOES Clinton get these weirdos like Podesta and Penn in her operations? She has a lot of great people, but I feel like Obama didn't have these problems with staffers sending optically bad emails and looking dumb. Of course maybe he would have if he had been hacked.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lemming posted:

Nobody will care unless the shooter is black (see the recent two cops who were killed in Iowa by a racist white Trump supporter), hail satan

I mean...outside of the Woodlawn Irish there's like ten white people in the Bronx.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

Can we go back for a moment to Steven Seagal being made a citizen of Russia by Putin? What is the plan here, convince Americans that Russia is A-OK by converting it's aging action stars no one really cares about anymore?

If my dad who was a racist republican when he was alive is any indication then yes because he loving loved anything with Steven Seagal.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

If anybody denies that Hillary is sufficiently progressive, throw the fact that the FBI is trying to subvert her in their face

I mean I don't buy the notion that Hillary is particularly progressive as compared to the far left, but seriously what the gently caress is going on? Why did the FBI bug DNC headquarters? Why is Russia so interested in this election? What is going on?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Main Paineframe posted:

That's because the lesson you were taught was "Jews are the underdogs" rather than the far more accurate "minorities are the underdogs", or the even more accurate "any group culturally distinct from the group in power are the underdogs". For example, European Jews have a lot of shared experiences (including the Holocaust) with the Roma, another widespread European minority that has historically retained its separate cultural identity.

Because I researched it pretty hard, expecting to be able to cite it as proof of Israeli hypocrisy and racism, and ended up writing a fairly thorough debunking for it instead. A lot of the "evidence" commonly cited for it is taken out of context or misunderstood because of a failure to understand the roles of the multiple organizations and entities involved. To be clear, we know absolutely for sure that some Ethiopian Jews got Depo prescriptions without their informed consent, and that Israeli doctors were administering those presciptions without ensuring that the patients understood what they were getting. Those are verified, undisputable facts. However, there's no real support for the assertion that there was a deliberate Israeli policy to that effect. For one thing, the organization issuing those prescriptions and running the transit camps was a real charitable NGO whose health wing was run by an aid worker with a solid reputation and a long history of helping Ethiopians, and was not under the control of the Israeli government. Israel simply did not have the ability to order the NGO to set up a eugenics program on the side, and like I said, the aid organization's leadership has a solid enough reputation that I have a very hard time believing they would willingly cooperate with a forced sterilization program. My best guess is that the initial prescriptions were a pattern of individual misconduct, mistakes, and apathy, coupled with a number of administrative failings that failed to recognize the problem over a prolonged period of time. There are some question marks surrounding the NGO, but like I said, I have a very hard time believing that the man in charge would run a eugenics program. The continuation of the prescriptions once the victims entered Israel was simply the fault of an inadequate support system - limited availability of interpreters meant that it was difficult for Israeli doctors to communicate with their patients, and many simply didn't bother, carrying out whatever was written in their medical records without bothering to ascertain that the patients knew what was being done.

Thank you for that. I like seeing a different point of view, but as always I'm dubious as to whether it was an internal policy or not.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Thanks for doing this. I'm going to stay out of that thread because I'm sure it would be an insta-ban for any black poster, but you know my feelings on the issue and I trust you

I hope some good comes out of it and I totally get why you won't be posting in it, though I will mention that FactsAreUseless is in charge of QCS so I don't think you'd get insta-banned.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
It's not the first time he's said it obviously, but goddamned "Don't boo... VOTE!" is like my favorite line ever.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/11/04/obama-defends-man-with-trump-sign-at-clinton-rally-in-nc.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Politico is reporting that one of the newly-discovered emails was sent by Hillary to Chelsea and contained information they considered classified.

However, they clarified that it was at the lowest level (confidential), the subject was negotiations over the climate change treaty, and the only reason it was confidential is because it originated from another country. So, I guess we always classify those as a courtesy so that we don't tell the world about something that a country only wanted us to know.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

greatn posted:

Why DOES Clinton get these weirdos like Podesta and Penn in her operations? She has a lot of great people, but I feel like Obama didn't have these problems with staffers sending optically bad emails and looking dumb. Of course maybe he would have if he had been hacked.

Everybody sends emails that look bad, given a large enough sample size.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/794648250183602176

Go home Trump you're drunk.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

I don't know, it's worked well for Scientology so far

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FAUXTON posted:

Most of the world's economy (hell you could say the vast majority of the world's economy) right now is hooked into the ironclad knowledge and expectation that the US will honor our bond obligations through the life of the bond, to the penny. We sell loving stability to the world financial system through issuing debt and for a while people were netting out to paying us for the privilege after adjusting for inflation. Trump has already floated the idea of breaking the promise we have with the world that we pay our debts in absolute full. If he won, the world would begin questioning whether the USD is a safe currency to denominate reserves in, and we'd have to hike Treasury rates to lure bond buyers back. That rate would then hit practically every aspect of consumer living everywhere in the world. Anything that involved USD changing hands at any point along the manufacture or supply chain would become unstable or drastically unstable depending on how much USD goes into the end to end process. Any adjustable-rate consumer debt would go nuts. Lenders whose books make certain assumptions about that debt being serviced would start freaking out. The global economy would dissolve and it would make the effect of Brexit on the GBP look like a single broker's sneeze on the NYSE trading floor. "Certain to crash the economy" is an understatement on a scale that transcends the most dry of British daytime television in the 70s. The global economy will melt down, flash boil, and then explode into the vacuum of space before loving sublimating into radioactive ice crystals and drifting away into the void.

If, by some horrible miracle of Supply Side Jesus, Trump got elected, the damage he'd do would make us all nostalgic for Dubya's mere well-intentioned incompetence.

zen63
Sep 1, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlzBMh99rls

Wow people booing the utter poo poo out of Obama, the best president in history because of his support for her. I never thought I'd see that - maybe NC is just a lovely state full of assholes?

Young Hegelian
Aug 27, 2012

greatn posted:

Podesta did work for Obama.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Are CO and AZ correlated in his model? Because the two states have very little in common in terms of culture or educational attainment. Literally the only thing similar is racial/ethnic makeup and their geographic location.
It's based on past voter behavior I am sure.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

greatn posted:

It is almost certain if thousands of Obama's teams' internal emails were leaked there would be at least a few that, out of context, showed people in a bad or weird light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I mean I don't buy the notion that Hillary is particularly progressive as compared to the far left, but seriously what the gently caress is going on? Why did the FBI bug DNC headquarters? Why is Russia so interested in this election? What is going on?

The FBI loving hates Black Lives Matter and Hillary has a fairly comprehensive plan to address that poo poo along with having literal decades of influence with black communities around the country.

Russia, especially Putin, loving hates Hillary and wants to see her fail partially because she questioned the legitimacy of the 2011 Russian elections and partly because she didn't take any of his poo poo.

• Locked thread