Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
At how many stars should I start to be sparing with my items? 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Its pretty stupid you don't get all 3 rewards from the current event. Why just 1? The previous cake/token event gave you all rewards, and kept giving 5 intermediate rewards every day after you got all 12 token as well.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Elysiume posted:

At how many stars should I start to be sparing with my items? 5?

You only really want to keep 6 Star items. Each time you rank up an item, it randomizes what type of item it is. Speed Attack and HP are the two most important stats, followed by Lethal Attack and Counter Rate. Crit Rate and Block Rate don't see much use.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Block Rate can be good if you've got some sort of passive providing you some already. Maybe not real relevant right now, but down the line if you've got someone with a 50% block rate passive it would be better to take 1xHP/1xBlock rather than 2xHP.
On the other hand, a lot of the best units right now have auto-block sooooo

So uh, Fl.124 ... where to even begin on that one. Obviously locking them down is 100% essential, but Nezha is there to make life miserable. Is Jake maybe the answer? Hit them with Xiao Zombie -> Jake All Eyes -> Jake Fab -> Yu Shin Lightning, should be able to keep up that cycle pretty
I guess with a very strong Yu Shin or Rin you could maybe run a setup like, Yu Shin | Rin, Ace, Xiao, Jake.

Jake actually seems like a good choice for this selector, I don't have him yet and he's god drat Earth elemental.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I should be getting Sun Wukong in the puzzle piece quest here pretty quick. Should I waste any time working on him besides getting the rubies of course for leveling him up?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Probably depends on what else you have for Arena but the answer at this point is most likely 'no'. You're time would be better spent working on a Pascal if you want to work on someone specifically for PvP.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Probably depends on what else you have for Arena but the answer at this point is most likely 'no'. You're time would be better spent working on a Pascal if you want to work on someone specifically for PvP.

Cool thanks, yeah it sucks I just got Da Qiao to 40 and now Pascal shows up. :smith: I am trying to make a great PVP team now so yeah I guess I will ditch him after I get the jewels out of promoting him first.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
imo, take him to 6* and save him until you finish the LuBu puzzle, and then mash them both for a random 4lord from synthesis. I am not sure if Karma is in this pool, but even a chance at just Rin is probably the best use for both these guys.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

40 DQ will probably be fine for a while if you're not pushing into any of the Master/Expert tiers. Very few players at Diamond have Pascals yet even, and all of the ones I've run into have been level 30 and died almost immediately.

It's just kind of lame that they released a hero that's just such a blatantly direct counter to and direct upgrade over DQ, who hasn't even been around that long.

Fenris13 posted:

imo, take him to 6* and save him until you finish the LuBu puzzle, and then mash them both for a random 4lord from synthesis. I am not sure if Karma is in this pool, but even a chance at just Rin is probably the best use for both these guys.

Ehhhh ... you could get a LuBu out of it though.

Really I would never toss away any 4L or 7K even if they seem useless at this point. They're the "special" units and they get a lot of priority for buffs, and they're all getting awoken forms sooner or later as well.

Also, when it comes to PvP, meta shifts can cause once bad units to suddenly be very good again. And SWK is a character in particular who could be exceptionally good again with the right kind of meta shift.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

DQ looks much cooler than Pascal, especially in her costume which makes her look like a BlazBlue character

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
So I just got a 6* Pascal from synthesizing 6* Sarah into a ticket. Did I just use up all my luck forever?

edit: thank you based pascal, pushed me into diamond

s1ppycup fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 5, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am glad that Rin is in the monthly hero special summon, now i just have to get lucky and have it work out again as i will never have the topazes to finish a board since i love to dress up my barbies :v:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i am glad that Rin is in the monthly hero special summon, now i just have to get lucky and have it work out again as i will never have the topazes to finish a board since i love to dress up my barbies :v:
Alternatively share a bit of your luck with the rest of the class, mister :colbert:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

s1ppycup posted:

So I just got a 6* Pascal from synthesizing 6* Sarah into a ticket. Did I just use up all my luck forever?

You should be fine, he is a regular hero not a 7K/4L.

I did the same thing and got a DQ, hehe.

Thinking of using the DQ + another 6* to synth into Pascal, i think that would be quite poetic. I could get the pascal to 34 with trancenders.

I chose Rin with the 4L selector. I had been postponing it for too long and noticed the duration was just a couple of hours so i panicked and chose her. Perhaps Ace would have been a better choice but i have no dark elements right now so it would have taken 4 weeks to get him to 6* and put into my 32 Ace. Rin on the other hand i can get to 6* right now as i have 2x 5* waters and several 4*s meaning i will have leftover waters for e.g. Espada to transcend her as well.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Alternatively share a bit of your luck with the rest of the class, mister :colbert:
Thank you for sharing rabidsquid!!!!

Today's castle rush reward. ^_^

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
I have assembled the master-tier PvP dream team. Rin, Karma, Pascal, Spike, and Teo. Who else should go in back with Rin, Karma?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My kingdom for an auto repeat.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Auto-repeat for what? The system for adventure mode is pretty good.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

s1ppycup posted:

I have assembled the master-tier PvP dream team. Rin, Karma, Pascal, Spike, and Teo. Who else should go in back with Rin, Karma?

Karma has auto-block so he's better as a front-liner, but he does also benefits a poo poo load from the extra damage. Teo is prone to dying immediately so putting him in back isn't a terrible idea, helps keep him alive a little longer and also he needs the extra damage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ripley posted:

Auto-repeat for what? The system for adventure mode is pretty good.

It's ok but I'd gladly give an extra key to just set my phone down and let it burn through poo poo.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

MarcusSA posted:

It's ok but I'd gladly give an extra key to just set my phone down and let it burn through poo poo.

If you turn off stop on max level (don't) and stop on max items (don't) then it will go until you run out of keys :confused:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just wanna thank you guys for being awesome. Never thought I'd have so much fun playing a mobile game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

If you turn off stop on max level (don't) and stop on max items (don't) then it will go until you run out of keys :confused:

Yeah but you have to keep hitting the quick repeat button. Unless I'm missing something.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah but you have to keep hitting the quick repeat button. Unless I'm missing something.

If you use auto repeat it will do that for you. Auto repeat is not the same as auto play and is actually better because you can set the skills used instead of autoskill

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

If you use auto repeat it will do that for you. Auto repeat is not the same as auto play and is actually better because you can set the skills used instead of autoskill

Holy poo poo I'm retarded!

Thanks so much for that. I guess I should pay a little attention to this dumb phone game.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well, today's trainwreck of a CR run did at least confirm a few very important things:

1) Max Trancending and Geared Sieg and Lee Jung is no longer just 'helpful' and is in fact a completely essential thing for any player to have.

2) Sieg's Wreck It goes straight through all debuff immunities just like Ace's Lunar Slash and Pascal's Gate to Abyss.

3) No seriously, 34 Sieg specced to crit+lethal does more damage with Unsealed in the front row than my virtually maxed out Shane does in the back row.

So yeah time to start farming up some more poo poo for Lee Jung so he doesn't die to a stiff breeze.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 7, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What gear do you have on Seig? I have a 6* Lethal weapon, and he's 32/+5, and was hitting like a wet fart.

Lee Jung wants Speed Attack/Counter Rate, yes?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Should I continue to invest in this Arena team or should I sub someone out?

http://i.imgur.com/a9pdjqC.png

I used to run Dellons but I replaced him with Rin since we've been spoiled lately.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

What gear do you have on Seig? I have a 6* Lethal weapon, and he's 32/+5, and was hitting like a wet fart.

Lee Jung wants Speed Attack/Counter Rate, yes?

For Sieg:
Weapons: 1xCrit/1xLethal
Armor: HP
Jewels: Crit Chance, Life Steal, Crit Damage

Mine's 34+5, but also all masteries unlocked and setup to enhance crit/lethal. You'd get better damage swapping Life Steal for Lethal for Raid, but you need him for CR too so ehh.
That leaves you at a pretty firm 100% Crit Chance and 50% Lethal Chance. So hitting with a Crit+Lethal on a 600% skill that ignores defense, not hard to see where all that damage comes from. Shane still has better sustained DPS than him obviously, but his power as a 'filler' role for CR/Raid is ridiculously good.

Lee Jung is Speed/Counter yes. It's a bit tricky and less than ideal for CR because he'll be fighting with your primary DPS for the Counter. I don't have a Counter jewel on my Shane though so that kind of solves itself.

Agoat posted:

Should I continue to invest in this Arena team or should I sub someone out?

http://i.imgur.com/a9pdjqC.png

I used to run Dellons but I replaced him with Rin since we've been spoiled lately.

Gip is physical so he doesn't benefit from Rin's passive for damage increase, so it's a little odd to have him as solo back row. You might benefit from just switching to a 2/3 setup and slap Rin in the back with him. Better still would be to replace Gip with a Pascal entirely, you might think it will suck to lose a Lv 40 hero to work on a new one, but once you see how loving dumb Pascal is you'll probably be happy you did.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
If I pull a Pascal I'll do that. I really like Gip, he's my favorite card as of right now. Should I just go for a multi pull? I got a ton of rubies from last Arena season.

I'll move Rin as soon as I have her geared.

Edit: Gip also one-shots most cards I face in Arena with his normal attack.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 7, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Wouldn't Aragon be better than Lee Jung for the sweet buff? His attack does more damage, higher base speed, All Damage Increase if you don't have Dellons?

e: durr, I'm a dummy. Aragon reduces his own cooldown, Lee Jung is everyone.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 7, 2016

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

Wouldn't Aragon be better than Lee Jung for the sweet buff? His attack does more damage, higher base speed, All Damage Increase if you don't have Dellons?

Looking at his codex entry (I don't have Aragon to confirm), Aragon's cooldown reduction only applies to himself, Lee Jung's applies to all allies. Dellons has the same deal too.

efb by clawtopsy!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

which means aragon is going into the woodchipper!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm also Plat 2 in Arena going 20-0. Today has been awesome.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah IIrc I don't think Aragon even has an awoken version in KR so he's pretty safe to grind into something else.

Agoat posted:

If I pull a Pascal I'll do that. I really like Gip, he's my favorite card as of right now. Should I just go for a multi pull? I got a ton of rubies from last Arena season.

I'll move Rin as soon as I have her geared.

Edit: Gip also one-shots most cards I face in Arena with his normal attack.

If you don't have all masteries unlocked yet then you probably don't want to waste any rubies on pulling for units. If you want a pascal, the best way is synthesis, so if you are lacking any spare 6*s you should go ham on fusions.

Gip isnt terrible or anything but hes definitely your weakest unit on the team. You could probably stick with him if you really want, maybe ditch Rudy instead if you want to go super hard into offense.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Woo pulled 5* Pascal in a random 3-6 pull. Once I get a 5* Water, I'll be able to transcend my Pascal.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Mine's 34+5, but also all masteries unlocked and setup to enhance crit/lethal. You'd get better damage swapping Life Steal for Lethal for Raid, but you need him for CR too so ehh.

Haha look at this scrub without TWO different hypermaxxed Sieg's to use in different game modes.

(The worst part is that there are going to be someone out there thinking like that)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah IIrc I don't think Aragon even has an awoken version in KR so he's pretty safe to grind into something else.

If you don't have all masteries unlocked yet then you probably don't want to waste any rubies on pulling for units. If you want a pascal, the best way is synthesis, so if you are lacking any spare 6*s you should go ham on fusions.

Gip isnt terrible or anything but hes definitely your weakest unit on the team. You could probably stick with him if you really want, maybe ditch Rudy instead if you want to go super hard into offense.

But Gip kills the most mans. :(

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Then keep your gip and replace rudy with pascal, that's the current top tier team except you run gip instead of teo, which you could certainly do worse than.

That gives you a big advantage in that 2 of your units are normal heroes so you can get them to 40 fairly easy.

Ineptitude posted:

Haha look at this scrub without TWO different hypermaxxed Sieg's to use in different game modes.

(The worst part is that there are going to be someone out there thinking like that)

Look close enough at any top pvp players box and you'll see a lot of funny stuff like that. And walls of spare 4l/7k units waiting for 46 cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Should I just burn these Noho's for fusion or...

• Locked thread