Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The good Mega Rank Up ticket sale is going! Great time to grab one for Clea or one of the other new harder to farm characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Five open slots in Buster Highman, almost level 23.

Also, is there any consensus on Hellstorm yet? On paper he looks amazing.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
The DC toilet game is literally just a reskin of Galaxy of Heroes but with better graphics and animations. That's disappointing, because Galaxy is dumb and bad and not fun and the shop items are way overpriced for what you get.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Does Dr. Strange use his timestopper as a striker

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Mr. Maggy posted:

Does Dr. Strange use his timestopper as a striker

Yes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Stunt Rock posted:

The DC toilet game is literally just a reskin of Galaxy of Heroes but with better graphics and animations. That's disappointing, because Galaxy is dumb and bad and not fun and the shop items are way overpriced for what you get.

i agree and the bios in this game are super stingy, there are no timers for energy, and a million item parts. Plus they have multiples of the same character, but instead of being skins you buy like in FF they are completely different characters so the roster is bogged down by batmans, jokers, and supermans.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Open Battleworld is ridiculous. I'm sitting at 2930 points, barely top 8%, and just burnt all twenty rerolls looking for a team that didn't have max Dr Strange or Thanos.

Looks like I'm just gonna sit tight at 2930 and let 17 entries rot.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Mr Hootington posted:

i agree and the bios in this game are super stingy, there are no timers for energy, and a million item parts. Plus they have multiples of the same character, but instead of being skins you buy like in FF they are completely different characters so the roster is bogged down by batmans, jokers, and supermans.

The problem isn't even really the gameplay, which is fine I guess. I don't have a problem with them necessarily emulating the gameplay from Galaxy of Heroes, because I think that system could work. I do have a problem with them emulating the stingy, greedy-rear end model that that game uses for progression.

Part of the reason I don't mind giving Netmarble money is because of how generous they are, The fact that they have reasonable and low-cost items that are still useful,and how much effort they seem to actually put into making their game fun.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Was doing 1-3 Battleworld and it was going well until I wasn't paying attention and went against a Strange/Thanos team

Yikes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Stunt Rock posted:

The problem isn't even really the gameplay, which is fine I guess. I don't have a problem with them necessarily emulating the gameplay from Galaxy of Heroes, because I think that system could work. I do have a problem with them emulating the stingy, greedy-rear end model that that game uses for progression.

Part of the reason I don't mind giving Netmarble money is because of how generous they are, The fact that they have reasonable and low-cost items that are still useful,and how much effort they seem to actually put into making their game fun.

same. i spend $4 a month on the game for a reason.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Applied to boltagoons as hotbobaloo.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I can no longer find 75+ point timeline battles without a level 60 Strange

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Tried out my level 49 6/6 7/7/7/7 Clea today in co-OP mode. Managed to do half the damage on auto-run, thinking she might be pretty badass. Anyone tier two her?

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

HotBobaloo posted:

Applied to boltagoons as hotbobaloo.

I got you. I am starting to think t2 wasp is becoming mandatory in TB to dispell the strange timestop

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Edmund Lava posted:

Tried out my level 49 6/6 7/7/7/7 Clea today in co-OP mode. Managed to do half the damage on auto-run, thinking she might be pretty badass. Anyone tier two her?

I T2'd her. She does stupid damage and I still wish that her shield was like Loki's, but it just means her gameplay isn't completely brainless. I also am not totally sure if her T2 passive gives her or her clones more health, since the latter would be useless given they don't take damage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Edmund Lava posted:

She's a glass cannon. Her summons do really high damage but her shield is awful and she has low base health.

EDIT: Here's 6* Wong doing some stuff. He looks boring but decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rCJ7izxfM4

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 6, 2016

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ugh 1200ish Anti-Matter to get through the last significant barrier in the Dr Strange quest or 400 more to 5* Thanos. I'm thinking I'll stick to Dr Strange but it'll be a little over a week to farm all that Anti-Matter.

Bring back both the hard and easy mode versions of Double World Boss with separate entries per day. :getin:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So is Satanna actually good? I figure I'd waste this second rank up thing from the store a day ago on her, since I already have Clea maxed.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ahahaha I thought I'd burn a few entires on the 1-3* Battleworld even though my only sub-3* characters left are 1* Clea, Ebony Maw and Black Dwarf, it won't even let you start a battle with less than a full team.

With everyone rushing everything to 4* for Team Ups/the new characters for the Epic Quest I have to imagine a decent chunk of the playerbase is completely locked out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Reminder that if you're in a place that does Daylight Savings Time that Hot time and reset and such will be one hour earlier now.

rizzen posted:

So is Satanna actually good? I figure I'd waste this second rank up thing from the store a day ago on her, since I already have Clea maxed.

She's pretty good but Hellstrom is better.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Is Ancient Ones costume a must have?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nah, it's good but you don't need it at all for Ancient One to be useful.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

RatHat posted:

Reminder that if you're in a place that does Daylight Savings Time that Hot time and reset and such will be one hour earlier now.

Hot Time running from 5-8am PST is pretty terrible and I often work till 8pm so 5-8pm is no help. They really need to change that.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
What if I just have a crush on Tilda Swinton, though. :ohdear:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Then go for it. The costume sale is over now though so it'll be 1250 crystals.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The costume also lets you swap genders for Female Battleworld/Alliance Battle. Having a female lead with Star Lord's leadership and a big gob of bonus damage to pair with Sharon Rogers for Alliance Battle is pretty nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh Sunday Extreme AB is so awful because the frost beast can stun. He can even stun you out of an iframes move.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Pretty much out of everything now, but here he is!

Only 17 all gear for now, and no obelisk yet, still trying to roll a good defense pen one.

EDIT: Proxima took 20 seconds with just Strange as lead, nothing special. Just use 6* and spam 2* to win. No damage taken.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 7, 2016

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I like forward to live Blast Battlefield in a couple of weeks/months where everybody starts with Gundam Waifu and Strange MD and everybody else just force closes the app.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yeah, Battleworld is increasingly something I just ignore. Time consuming with poor rewards. T2 has really done a number on it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Man, Strange is nuts as a striker, 10% energy attack, on attack striker and does his time lock debuff when striking.

Also T2 Yellowjacket is easily one of the best WB killers now, really shocked me how strong he is.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah YJ is really great. Hope T2 Spidock's 6* becomes as good as YJ's.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I would like two things for Spidoc: One, he picks up Web Immune. He's the only spider without it. Two, he becomes a Super Villain, so we can have a Super Villain with web, and so I don't have to change his clothes on Combat Supervillain day.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I wish the Canonfinder General they have dealing with Gazillion was on point for this one, no way he'd allow them to list Evil Spiderman as a hero.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I am not looking forward to the next Blast Battleworld. Hell is Doctor Strange, Sharon Rogers, Yellowjacket, The Ancient One and Wasp.

I miss the days I could actually use Star-Lord in Battleworld. I'd gotten really good at ducking and weaving, timing my stun and roll. Now, though, I just need to be clipped by one of the seemingly huge-ranged stuns and I'm dead before it comes off cooldown.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I'm looking forward to impossible Blast Battleworld because at least I'm not barred from entering.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Clawtopsy posted:

I am not looking forward to the next Blast Battleworld. Hell is Doctor Strange, Sharon Rogers, Yellowjacket, The Ancient One and Wasp.

i have all these at t2 but Sharon

nocuh
Jun 17, 2014
Applied to BOLTAGOONS as Mr. Pickels.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Just figured I'd ask a couple questions to get the thread talking.

1. When did you start playing Future Fight?

2. Who were your first five 6-stars?

3. Who was your first Tier-2 upgrade, and how many T2 characters do you have, excluding Strange and Black Order?

4. What was your favorite patch?

5. What's one change you're grateful for, and one feature you might miss?

______________________________-

1. July, 2015 (Holy poo poo, that just hit me.)

2. Hawkeye, Lash, Jane Foster, Ronan, Gamora in that order.

3. Yondu, no regrets. I'm at 11, will be at 12 when I have Hellstorm maxed out.

4. It's got to be the Agents of Shield update, with the Alliance Battle addition and five fun new characters that have all faded into obscurity.

5. I'm really happy with auto-repeat Co-cop play and the "Tap to skip upgrade cinematic" for ISOs and Gear. I miss the old UI for Future Fight sorely, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

FireWorksWell posted:

Just figured I'd ask a couple questions to get the thread talking.

1. When did you start playing Future Fight?

2. Who were your first five 6-stars?

3. Who was your first Tier-2 upgrade, and how many T2 characters do you have, excluding Strange and Black Order?

4. What was your favorite patch?

5. What's one change you're grateful for, and one feature you might miss?

Why not.

1. End of November, 2015

2. Racon, Loki, Silk, Blingpin, Welf. The order may be slightly off, Racon was definitely first, though.

3. Antz, no regrets as he got me some extra WB kills, but he's near useless now. Currently at 11 with 2 tix waiting for me to decide.

4. This is a little difficult for me, because honestly, a lot of patches blur together. Think I'll have to go with AIM/New Avengers. That Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl. Oh, and changing rifts (though the best change to rifts was the Dr. Strange patch).

5. Auto-Co-Op, hands down. May not have clear tix anymore, but I also don't have to nurse my phone for 2+ hours. I could cheese this half and say "Destroyer Rift". Would missing when they abolished 1-3* Battleworld count? I hate that it's back. Otherwise, I miss having your active team on the main screen instead of all the new chars.

• Locked thread