Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

So...that's Podesta ordering a takeaway, right? :burger: :taco:

food emoticon snyyyyyyyyyyype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Despera posted:

Yeah thats a fake rear end account. Read like 2 of his tweets before that. Its not rocket science.

if rudy actually used twitter he would have been a thread regular by now

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Trump crowd... gets something right? :psyduck:

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Conways been going on the news to talk so speaking at a rally doesnt seem that weird tbh

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for Conway, but if I'm being honest, I hope this election took years off her life.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Bloops Crusts posted:

I don't think I'm nuts. I think it's a mistake of hubris to assume just because something's gone your way consistently in the past, it'll definitely continue to go your way in the future.

I'm old enough to remember between '04 and '08 when Republicans said, "New Mexico is in the South, it's 100% going red, are you nuts?" And look at it now. Things change.

And besides -- Ohio, Michigan... Let's be frank. These states aren't going to stay blue forever. Ohio's all but gone for Democrats this cycle, and perhaps every future cycle if it continues to trend redder. And who knows how much longer Michigan will stay in the Democratic column? Unions are all but dead. Democrats lost the blue collar white vote in the 1990s, and Trump's ringing all their bells. Michigan has a Republican governor, and a Republican house and senate. You may disagree, and you're entitled to, but I don't think it's so totally unthinkable that it flips. It probably won't, but there's a real possibility it will.

lmao

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
So did the Trump campaign get 40% of the with 50% of the money of the expected campaign spending? If so, will future presidents be expected to spend less? Or is campaign spending a logarithmic thing?

It's loving crazy that 40% of the electorate will vote for this guy and they didn't even get the bucks into GOTV. Granted T Rumples got plenty of free ads, but is all press good? I stink not.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

re: time machine to the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVu9GQD0j0s

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Baller Ina posted:

Conways been going on the news to talk so speaking at a rally doesnt seem that weird tbh
One of the slightly weird things about this election has been how much coverage and airtime Trump's campaign managers get compared to the usual. Kellyanne Conway is a character in SNL skits, meanwhile I don't think anyone but the big political nerds here and elsewhere know who Robby Mook is.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Youth Decay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqiCxEIeEo
Stop your messing around (ah-ah-ah)
Better think of your future (ah-ah-ah)
Time you straighten right out (ah-ah-ah)
Creating problems in town (ah-ah-ah)

woah. this is ska but it's good? i never listened to the specials because ska is objectively bad but this...this is good. is it because it isn't a bunch of suburban white kids whining about petite-bourgeoisie angst?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/794693105660395520

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Epic High Five posted:

aaaaaand replaced

...actually no? Haven't found anything about that. Did find an article saying he will be fined one thousand dollars if he follows his plan, but otherwise nothing.

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

i'm pretty sure that rudy tweet is from a fake account my dudes

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Themagicalgoat posted:

So did the Trump campaign get 40% of the with 50% of the money of the expected campaign spending? If so, will future presidents be expected to spend less? Or is campaign spending a logarithmic thing?

It's loving crazy that 40% of the electorate will vote for this guy and they didn't even get the bucks into GOTV. Granted T Rumples got plenty of free ads, but is all press good? I stink not.

idk though 40% of the electorate voting for you in a normal election means you lose by 15-20 points ala goldwater or mondale

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

foxy boxing babe posted:

i'm pretty sure that rudy tweet is from a fake account my dudes

:ssh: :thejoke:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Lord Hydronium posted:

One of the slightly weird things about this election has been how much coverage and airtime Trump's campaign managers get compared to the usual. Kellyanne Conway is a character in SNL skits, meanwhile I don't think anyone but the big political nerds here and elsewhere know who Robby Mook is.

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/794693590047920128

learned an unhealthy amount lewandowski, manafort and conway this cycle

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
But does that mean you could get 51% with an extra 11% of spending?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OAquinas posted:

...actually no? Haven't found anything about that. Did find an article saying he will be fined one thousand dollars if he follows his plan, but otherwise nothing.

Surely there's a system in place to replace people who are dumb enough to announce in advance that they intend to be faithless. Some guy in GA said the same thing about Trump and got replaced IIRC

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trump: the FBI is real, and my friend,

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
When the state secedes what will the ensuing conflict be called?

The War of Northwestern Pretension?

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Lord Hydronium posted:

yeah it seems like trump only has a bunch of surrogates because they're constantly covering for poo poo he says and does, and every network wants to talk to someone

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Typo posted:

man

with how important twitter has being to this election, cyber-warfare, hacking/counter-hacking, this is more like a cyberpunk dysptopia than ever

if i can't get polls directly into my brain through my datajack on an automated basis like the Quake soldiers who are wired to feel good when they shoot someone then we have failed as a society and deserves Trump

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Themagicalgoat posted:

huh it's almost like 40% of the electorate isn't enough to win an election

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Themagicalgoat posted:

https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/794692247853928448

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Its a shame that Trump didn't call the Indians a bunch of losers or say that Hillary's Weather Machine caused the rain delay.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

The pre WW1 French foreign minister (secretary of state) thought that French was the only language in which it was possible to truly think rationally, and that it was vital that the children of overseas diplomatic staff be raised in France lest their juvenile minds be damaged by contact with non-native French speakers.

Yeah

That was a good idea. French should be learned by everyone

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

jBrereton posted:

When the state secedes what will the ensuing conflict be called?

The War of Northwestern Pretension?

the cascadian war obvs

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

yo french people i like your language and everything but this has always confused me. how the gently caress did you come up with 4 times 20 as your way of saying 80

apparently google tells me it was a common way to count using the number twenty back in Middle Age France (twenties and ten, two twenties , three twenties) It's called the système vicésimal (or vigesimal for the anglos).
gradually we started having new words for thirty and forty and fifty and sixty but for some unknown reason we stopped there, the explanation I've seen is that it's was a good way to make sense of the bigger numbers upwards of seventy

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

theflyingexecutive posted:

huh it's almost like 40% of the electorate isn't enough to win an election

Does it make spenders rethink how much they spend or how they spend it? POLITICAL NATURAL PHILOSOPHERS PLEASE REPORT

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/794694660186927104

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

yo french people i like your language and everything but this has always confused me. how the gently caress did you come up with 4 times 20 as your way of saying 80

Why do we call the W the double U???

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

why would he come to a GOTV rally, let alone a GOP one, then. does he think something really entert

quote:

Ben Carson

oic

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

Themagicalgoat posted:

Spending $500M exgtra to swing the election by 1 point would probably be worth it. And Hillary's spending and organizational advantage will probably buy her more than 1 point on election day.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Surely there's a system in place to replace people who are dumb enough to announce in advance that they intend to be faithless. Some guy in GA said the same thing about Trump and got replaced IIRC

The Trumpstaffel are far more keen and willing to :commissar: their own, i guess?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

Why do we call the W the double U???

The French call it double-v, which does make a lot more sense. but it's weird that nobody ever gave it a proper name.

• Locked thread