Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Krispy Kareem posted:

It's so easy to fire people, even if they are a protected class or have legal protections. Just look at those poor Wells Fargo employees who were canned for reporting illegal activity. It's taken tens of thousands of hours of media coverage and loving Senate testimony for them to even get a shot at legal remedy. And even then, it's only the sheer scope of the crime that makes lawsuits viable.

Depends on the specific management, it only takes one not playing ball...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sundae posted:

I literally can't believe that scam works. As in, I do not believe the Reddit poster at all. Either that's not the full scam or it's a fake post. Amazon opens and inspects FBA merchandise regardless of new or used status, including the stickerless commingled. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201231500)

They will absolutely see that issue the moment it happens.

This is from last week but I was just thinking I had never had an order mistake from Amazon when I got a new package today.

I ordered 6 cork drink coasters. They shipped me the box that the seller had sent to FBA (still had the other labels on it). Inside was 72 coasters.

They shipped me the entire inventory of this poor seller instead of just one item.

I emailed Amazon to see if they care/what they want me to do. Still waiting for a response.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Zero One posted:

This is from last week but I was just thinking I had never had an order mistake from Amazon when I got a new package today.

I ordered 6 cork drink coasters. They shipped me the box that the seller had sent to FBA (still had the other labels on it). Inside was 72 coasters.

They shipped me the entire inventory of this poor seller instead of just one item.

I emailed Amazon to see if they care/what they want me to do. Still waiting for a response.

Usually they'll ask you to mail it back but not really follow up to make sure you do it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I wasn't planning on opening a bar so I don't really need 72 coasters. As long as they don't expect me to pay postage I have no problem sending them back.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Zero One posted:

I wasn't planning on opening a bar so I don't really need 72 coasters. As long as they don't expect me to pay postage I have no problem sending them back.

Nah, they just ask you to print out a mailing label

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Note that there are laws that say you have exactly zero obligation to actually send them back. It's up to you whether you want to go to the trouble.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Whenever I get the wrong thing or something I never ordered, they just tell me to keep it.

The merchant may have not packaged it correctly when sending it Amazon. In that case you might have won a lifetime supply or cork.

Richlove
Jul 24, 2009

Paragon of primary care

"What?!?! You stuck that WHERE?!?!

:staredog:

I do a fair bit of sales on Amazon myself. One of our customers was shipped a quantity of 20 instead of 2 of a particular item. Amazon reimbursed us for fair market value of the item ( basically 75% of asking price ) about 2 weeks later after submitting the ticket. They are very customer centered and do not go after customers. In short, would not worry about it.

In BWM news, a co-worker today just announced that they took out a 401k loan to start their family's side business. He bought into Advisor level for selling Advocare and a newer MLM called plexus.

:negative:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Krispy Kareem posted:

Whenever I get the wrong thing or something I never ordered, they just tell me to keep it.

The merchant may have not packaged it correctly when sending it Amazon. In that case you might have won a lifetime supply or cork.

Ding ding ding. Just got this reply, I'm sharing it because you'd think they'd have a form letter for this instead of what I got:

quote:

I understand your concern. Please allow me to help you.

I really appreciate your loyalty in this regard and we are so glad to have a customer like you.

It is certainly not our intention to ship incorrect set to our customers, and we will investigate the origin of this problem.

On this occasion, we don't require you to return the original. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it - whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.
I do not want you to go through any hassle in returning the extra quantity back to us.

Rest, you won't be charged either for the erroneous shipment.

Rest assured, We’ll continue working hard to ensure that you receive accurate service, and to minimize the chances of anything like this occurring again.

If you still want to return, please let us know we'll surely help you with returning them.

If there is still something that I missed to mention or I could still do to assist you with this issue, please let me know.

I hope you'll consider this as an isolated incident and we'll ensure this doesn't happen.

You're loyal and prime customer of us & we want to make sure you are always taken care of.
Rest assured, we will take each and every action to prevent you from bearing any loss at Amazon.

Your patience and cooperation is highly appreciated in this matter.

We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

I feel like I'm getting a Nigerian scam letter or something. Oh well. I guess I have stocking stuffers for Christmas now.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zero One posted:

Ding ding ding. Just got this reply, I'm sharing it because you'd think they'd have a form letter for this instead of what I got:

I feel like I'm getting a Nigerian scam letter or something. Oh well. I guess I have stocking stuffers for Christmas now.

That is actually the form letter. Amazon's lovely same-day package delivery company loses my packages all the time, and the first time it happened I contacted Amazon about it and got the same sort of "real"-sounding message just like that and felt really good about their customer service. The second time they lost a package I got a very similar letter. I have now seen it 5 different times.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Sharing my cork pics

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I don't think anyone likes Michigan that much.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don't think anyone likes Michigan that much.

Maybe upper peninsula people

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

^^^ don't be dissin the mitten

Zero One posted:

Sharing my cork pics

Hi fellow Michigander, I would happily take some of those off your hands if you don't want them all.

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 5, 2016

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Richlove posted:

He bought into Advisor level for selling Advocare and a newer MLM called plexus.

:negative:
LOL plexus. Another stay at home mom MLM

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Zero One posted:

Sharing my cork pics

I'll trade you an autographed romance novel for one pack of Michigan coasters.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I can't really compete with autographed erotica, but I will trade you some undying affection for a set

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Not a Children posted:

I can't really compete with autographed erotica, but I will trade you some undying affection for a set

My girlfriend's mom is from Michigan, can I have a set?!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Zero One posted:

Sharing my cork pics

I don't know why but this picture has given me the biggest chuckle I've had for a long time. MICHIGAN.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Holy poo poo MLM's are predating on the extra young these days. A high-school friend of my brothers tried to recruit him for ACN.

My 18 year old brothers take on it (lightly edited from facebook chat):

"I mentioned to Euan before we went in "Man this sounds like a pyramid scheme", he's like "no, trust me". Halfway through i'm like 'well this sounds a bit morally hosed up'. Then they started talking about integrity.... It's an interesting business model, I'll give them that".

On his friend who invited him:

"He's not the smartest tool in the shed, went to high school with him - he failed pretty miserably and is a day laborer and I think he's just looking at a way to make money besides from working"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zero One posted:

Sharing my cork pics

You should sell those on Amazon!!!

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

froglet posted:

Holy poo poo MLM's are predating on the extra young these days. A high-school friend of my brothers tried to recruit him for ACN.

My 18 year old brothers take on it (lightly edited from facebook chat):

"I mentioned to Euan before we went in "Man this sounds like a pyramid scheme", he's like "no, trust me". Halfway through i'm like 'well this sounds a bit morally hosed up'. Then they started talking about integrity.... It's an interesting business model, I'll give them that".

On his friend who invited him:

"He's not the smartest tool in the shed, went to high school with him - he failed pretty miserably and is a day laborer and I think he's just looking at a way to make money besides from working"

We start in elementary school here. Red Wheel foods or something. It's not strictly a pyramid scheme but it is super shady; recruit children('s parents) to sell lovely frozen food out of a catalogue and claim that proceeds go toward the school (hint: they do not).

The kids who sell enough get a prize! Teachers drink the koolaid and brow beat students into participating in this. You miss several hours of class for the assembly about this bullshit.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah we did that in elementary school too, though it was some other group. Some proceeds go to the school because otherwise the school wouldn't give a gently caress, but it's like 1% or something ridiculous like that

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Whenever I get hit up by my niece for whatever she is selling this time (girlscouts, band, etc.) I just write her a check directly. gently caress buying some over priced junk food that I don't even want so that she gets 5% of the sales towards whatever activity.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

My kid's school in California said "we're not doing magazine/chocolate/whatever bullshit, just write a cheque for $NNNN or whatever you can afford". It was pretty great.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, those things are miserable. It's terrible when you have an office full of parents because everyone is stuck trying to hock overpriced trash food to each other. My daughter's preschool used to do it with cookies/cakes and fortunately all the parents told them it sucked and they switched to just asking for money for specific things directly and an online thing where you can buy giftcards and a percentage goes to the school - so we can buy giftcards for somewhere we would shop anyway (like amazon or target, etc.) and they get a tiny cut, which is much better than ending up with a freezer full of cookie dough.

Unfortunately my son's school still does these things, although they are apparently trying to sell us kitchenware now? Sorry guys, I don't need to buy new pots and pans every semester, so this isn't going to work.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

Yea, those things are miserable. It's terrible when you have an office full of parents because everyone is stuck trying to hock overpriced trash food to each other. My daughter's preschool used to do it with cookies/cakes and fortunately all the parents told them it sucked and they switched to just asking for money for specific things directly and an online thing where you can buy giftcards and a percentage goes to the school - so we can buy giftcards for somewhere we would shop anyway (like amazon or target, etc.) and they get a tiny cut, which is much better than ending up with a freezer full of cookie dough.

Unfortunately my son's school still does these things, although they are apparently trying to sell us kitchenware now? Sorry guys, I don't need to buy new pots and pans every semester, so this isn't going to work.

It gets ridiculous when you live in a neighborhood with dozens of kids all needing to sell X number of cheesecakes for band. Like, there's no way you're going to hit more than 2 or 3 houses before you start overlapping.

My kid's softball league has an option to skip fund raising and just give the park $30. My time and self respect are worth right about $30.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
We have one guy in the office who brings in Girl Scout cookies. They're pretty popular, so it works out pretty well.

Other people sell chocolate and poo poo, they just set up a basket and an envelope in the kitchen and trust the honour system. It seems to work.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Krispy Kareem posted:

It gets ridiculous when you live in a neighborhood with dozens of kids all needing to sell X number of cheesecakes for band. Like, there's no way you're going to hit more than 2 or 3 houses before you start overlapping.

My kid's softball league has an option to skip fund raising and just give the park $30. My time and self respect are worth right about $30.

Local boyscout troop was selling popcorn, of which I need negative zero. Offered the parent the :10bux: for popcorn in the form of a direct check and two days later they were ready willing and able to accept my donation. Feels good man etc.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The only one I actually liked was this coupon book thing with a lot of local business coupons in it and you'd buy it for $30 and it was actually worth it just because it had like $50 in grocery store coupons that you'd actually use. Like not individual product coupons, just stuff like "$10 off when you spend $50 at Publix"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
"For a mere $30, you get the once in a lifetime opportunity to spend even more money at local businesses!"

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

H110Hawk posted:

Local boyscout troop was selling popcorn, of which I need negative zero. Offered the parent the :10bux: for popcorn in the form of a direct check and two days later they were ready willing and able to accept my donation. Feels good man etc.

Dude that popcorn is delicious though.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Volmarias posted:

"For a mere $30, you get the once in a lifetime opportunity to spend even more money at local businesses!"

Everyone got them for the grocery store coupons because you go to the grocery store anyway and most families already spend $50+ for groceries so it's not like you have to change your purchasing habits and wind up spending more money or anything idk

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

H110Hawk posted:

Mathematically there is no negative zero. WTF is a "direct check"? My initial take on this whole transaction is that you're full of crap.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

Mathematically there is no negative zero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signed_zero

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Even outside of computer contexts you can approach something like a zero limit from either direction effectively creating two values that converge at zero but are not equal

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Mathematically there is no negative zero. WTF is a "direct check"? My initial take on this whole transaction is that you're full of crap.

Who let the math nerd in here? This is an internet forum, buddy. We don't take kindly to your kind in these parts.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also where I'm from "direct check" is actually a phrase people use when they mean "make the check out in your name" as opposed to the company's name or the school's name or whatever though idk if that's what the poster meant

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I've been seeing signs around town for a high school doing a mattress sale fundraiser. How the hell often do people replace mattresses that there's a sustainable market for that??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.

Hargrimm posted:

I've been seeing signs around town for a high school doing a mattress sale fundraiser. How the hell often do people replace mattresses that there's a sustainable market for that??

huge margins in matresses

• Locked thread