Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

There's a tournament starting tomorrow, and based on the last one, it appears that people are grouped in 5000 person shards based on when they select their defense team. I feel that it would be a good idea to delay starting it as much as possible, while still allowing yourself time to do the fights.

To add to this, Tournaments start based on your personal reset time. If you happen to be west coast USA, holding off until really late is really, really good because you're one of the last people to get to start. Give yourself an hour or two of time to attack, depending on how much currency you have, but yeah, hold off on attacking to get an easier tournament (probably -- other people will likely do this too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ok so my wedge and Akbar should both be 6* this week. So far my rebels are sth, lando, Biggs all 7 stars. Akbar I mostly grabbed for raid debuff cleanse, who is my solid add to this team? Do I keep quackbar or add a different rebel? Mind you I am on whale hell server(beta server) so arena will never be a great thing for me so it may not even matter.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RCSyDaUcQU

:v:

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I guess I can only set 4 guys for my defense assuming because I'm only 56. Im using qgj/lando/sth and have to decide between 4175 power lumi or 3227 power RG.

Is there a cooldown between fights? Trying to determine how far before reset I should start.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I'm enjoying this squad tournament so far, my Nebit/IG86/Jawa squad is way badass, but I'm worried about one thing. I'm level 49 right now, and about to level. What happens if I hit 50 while the tournament's going on? I'm in the 40-49 bracket so I'm unsure what the consequences might be.

Edit: Found a few posts elsewhere saying that I can go ahead and level. That's a relief.

Cronodoculous fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 3, 2016

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So just to be sure I have this right (w/r/t the tournament event) if my reset time is 0:00 GMT then I'm best off waiting until 22:00 or so and then battering as many refreshes as I can consecutively until either the midnight refresh or I run out of handshake currency?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Cactus posted:

So just to be sure I have this right (w/r/t the tournament event) if my reset time is 0:00 GMT then I'm best off waiting until 22:00 or so and then battering as many refreshes as I can consecutively until either the midnight refresh or I run out of handshake currency?

In theory, but I bet a whole bunch of people all try this. I decided to jump in this afternoon, and I haven't even used by top team yet and I am pretty close to #100.

Edit: Also, make sure to leave yourself enough time. You can do a whole bunch of refreshes at 100 ally points per guy, it may take you longer than 2 hours to run through.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Rank 9, like 4 team instinct guys ahead of me. The #1 guy already has 7* shoretrooper. About 100k ally points spent, still have 300k left, plus a bunch of gw tokens, so I think I have a good shot at top 10

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

The #1 guy already has 7* shoretrooper. About 100k ally points spent, still have 300k left, plus a bunch of gw tokens, so I think I have a good shot at top 10

Wow, what a jerk. I only have have 78k so I think it'll just be top 100 for me (which is what I placed last time).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Wow, what a jerk. I only have have 78k so I think it'll just be top 100 for me (which is what I placed last time).

I've got about 60k left and I'm having a hard time holding top 100. I really, really hope I can unlock shoretrooper this time around.

I guess that means I should be autoing missions?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Not sure I will be able to beat either of these 4 (which one are you mal.. :cheeky: ) still have a bunch of ally points, but I am down to gaining 35 or 40 points for a win with no losses, and the teams are almost all wiggs/lando/sun fac/jka/shoretrooper at this point. Enough refreshes usually finds me a droid team or something, but it is annoying

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Is it worth dumping all my GW Tokens for ally points if it will get me in the top 10?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

Is it worth dumping all my GW Tokens for ally points if it will get me in the top 10?

Yes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

It would have been worth saving up the last two days weeks months GWs to get yourself into the top 10

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Top 100 would be more than good enough for me but I can't see it happening.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Malgrin posted:

I've got about 60k left and I'm having a hard time holding top 100. I really, really hope I can unlock shoretrooper this time around.

I guess that means I should be autoing missions?

I'm in the same boat, Mal. I'm up over 3k points and I'm around 225.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Top of my leaderboard have over 10k points now,

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

Top of my leaderboard have over 10k points now,

Do they just sit there, grinding it out? Or do they use a bot?

I was doing well, but then I got bored and now I'm down to 13tth prize box.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm wondering if since you only fight everyone once, after you get to a certain point maybe you just kill off all the good teams and are left with crap teams to fight?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I'm wondering if since you only fight everyone once, after you get to a certain point maybe you just kill off all the good teams and are left with crap teams to fight?

Yeah, this is true, but you're going to need hundreds of thousands of AP. Unfortunately, I do not have that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm running into an issue where everyone I fight is using a top-tier god-mode arena team for defense and although mine is pretty good... I really can't beat these squads with much surviving.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So, I had a thought: If starting later seemed better than starting earlier, why not try starting a day late? So I just started the tournament about an hour ago. On the upside, I'm currently at rank 154 with 2300 points, and I still have 70k AP to spend, so I think i'm in pretty good shape to break 100 and get an unlocked shore trooper. At the very top, the scores are 6500, 5100, and 4800, with a TI guy and SkyKrak, who I think is famous for having the highest score arena team. Anyway, I'm thinking this might be a good strategy going forward, unless it becomes general knowledge. Waiting for the last day of the raid could also be a strategy.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

So, I had a thought: If starting later seemed better than starting earlier, why not try starting a day late? So I just started the tournament about an hour ago. On the upside, I'm currently at rank 154 with 2300 points, and I still have 70k AP to spend, so I think i'm in pretty good shape to break 100 and get an unlocked shore trooper. At the very top, the scores are 6500, 5100, and 4800, with a TI guy and SkyKrak, who I think is famous for having the highest score arena team. Anyway, I'm thinking this might be a good strategy going forward, unless it becomes general knowledge. Waiting for the last day of the raid could also be a strategy.

You know, I hadn't thought about this. I was thinking starting a day late means you don't have as many attacks, but neither does anyone else. I started midday on the first day, wasn't the worst time to start, but wasn't great either.

We'll see if they run another tournament event. They said this was the last shoretrooper tournament...which to me implies next time will have another hero, but they might just be scrapping the concept altogether. No clue.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
What determines the friendly survivor bonus value?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

What determines the friendly survivor bonus value?

As your score gets higher, you get less points for winning. There's also a very small range based on power, usually only varies by 1 or 2 during any given points grouping. I don't know what the groupings are though.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
new ship info from the official forums:

quote:

Greetings Holotable Heroes,

Last week we revealed one of the key aspects of the new Ships feature: Fleet Commanders.

This week we’re going to delve a little deeper into another aspect of the Ships update: Crew!
Crew

Crew are the Characters assigned to a ship to make that ship usable in a space battle. Some ships only require a single crew member (think X-Wings and TIE Fighters) while other larger ships may require multiple crew members (think the Millennium Falcon). Specifically, there will be between 1 and 5 Crew assigned to a given Ship.

Each ship and crew member share a 1:1 relationship meaning that a crew member is only available to crew a specific ship. Biggs Darklighter will only be assigned to his X-Wing Red Three, for example.
Starting Crew

At the launch of Ships, there will be dozens of ships and crew available. While the ships are not yet out, a majority of Crew characters are already available in the game and are eligible for character battles. Like Fleet Commanders, once the Ships feature has been unlocked they will have the additional option of crewing their Ships in fleet battles.

See below for some examples of Crew characters that will be available at the start of Ships, but we also want to reiterate that these are not the only Crew characters that are available:

Biggs Darklighter and his X-Wing Red Three
Wedge Antilles and his X-Wing Red Two
Empire TIE Pilot and his Imperial TIE Fighter
Ahsoka Tano and her Jedi Starfighter

There are plenty more crew members currently available and more Ships, Crew, Capital Ships, and Fleet Commanders will be made available in future updates!

Because Wiggs wasn't powerful enough...

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I wonder what the 5 crew ship(s) will be. I'm betting one of the Hans plus Chewbacca for the Millennium Falcon, so I'm gonna finish farming up chewie.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

I wonder what the 5 crew ship(s) will be. I'm betting one of the Hans plus Chewbacca for the Millennium Falcon, so I'm gonna finish farming up chewie.

I doubt clone wars chewie has any Han/MF synergies. More Likely Han and Lando for the time being.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

I doubt clone wars chewie has any Han/MF synergies. More Likely Han and Lando for the time being.

Oh good point, it's clone wars chewie. Hmm.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

two_step posted:

We're gonna get Pilot Luke before we get Jedi Luke and nobody will like it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

iGestalt posted:

Do they just sit there, grinding it out? Or do they use a bot?

I read a post from a guy who got top 5 describing how he spent around 5 thousand(?) and stayed up 24 hours grinding the 1st tournament.

Pretty disgusting stuff.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I heard this from TI people:

"I thought yesterday Warrior confirmed that all ladders are created in the first 24 hours and that later entrants are places in existing ladders. It would be helpful to know whether anyone has confirmed that by entering today."

"It is confirmed"

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

I heard this from TI people:

"I thought yesterday Warrior confirmed that all ladders are created in the first 24 hours and that later entrants are places in existing ladders. It would be helpful to know whether anyone has confirmed that by entering today."

"It is confirmed"

lol oh well

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Can't break into top 100, I'll finish top 200, 5 shards short. loving hell.

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

two_step posted:

I really hope Boba Fett has Slave I available or I'm gonna feel really stupid at not having done Ahsoka instead.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

two_step posted:

This is just vague enough to be irritating. Do star ratings matter for pilots? Do gear levels? Can dark side pilots only fly with Tarkin and light side pilots with Ackbar? Can Jedi only fly with Mace Windu?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Zone of Danger posted:

We're gonna get Pilot Luke before we get Jedi Luke and nobody will like it.

I think it's gonna be a couple years before they release Jedi Luke. Rogue One characters in the lead up to the movie's release, probably Jedi Rey and whatever new Characters for ep 8, and young han for the year after. They're most likely saving him for a slow period with no new releases coming out. Maybe after episode nine?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Why yes cg I know the omega event is running. I did not need 30+ notifications about it in less than a minute.(clearing the notification caused it to resend until the app was opened) I also had no need for you to open a browser window that reloads the game every time I open my browser until I force stop the browser.(opening the app automatically opened the browser on first touch)

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Managed to place 51, it's OPtrooper time. He should fit quite well on a full empire team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Ended up at 197 with 6.5k points, it's annoying that there was an additional lottery aspect based on your shard. Now I'm 45/50 on Shoretrooper which is just the worst!