Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

SlothfulCobra posted:

...so I guess the writer forgot about the murder conviction that Feral's still got under her belt. That or Patrick killed everybody who cared about it.

And what about Feral's friend from before the donor hell? I thought they had a bit of a thing going on.

Her agreement was most likely leniency in exchange for "donate a bunch of organs," not "endure surgical perma-hell." Feral's still keeping up her end of the bargain, so the agreement stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Paladinus posted:

It was the judge who didn't convict the rape bro. And as we all know when a judge dies, all their verdicts are annulled.

i think that only happens with vampire judges.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Calaveron posted:

Comic would've been redeemed if instead of the dullest, most trite and clichéd song they had gone with Sir Mix a lots classic

It worked in Waynes World.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
tbh i think the writer has realised that feral is by far the most popular character and obviously decided to give her more emphasis in the story than she otherwise would have had. but i don't think he understands WHY she's the most popular character and her having the most complicated and interesting story was a happy accident that he'll now blow out of the water by showing us too much and getting ham all over everything

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Cool so they're just going to drop that whole plot line. On to the lesbian action I guess. :shrug:

It's really kind of weird that like almost the entire fanbase of this comic distilled feral to "she got tortured BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY SHE'S GAY SHE SHOULD gently caress EVERY FEMALE CHARACTER". Most of the comments either keep trying to tell the writer to pair her up with anything with tits, or arguing with people who think Allison was in the wrong by somehow acting like Feral didn't do the whole operation thing willingly and it seems like the authors are starting to buy into the fan approach to things?

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Avshalom posted:

tbh i think the writer has realised that feral is by far the most popular character and obviously decided to give her more emphasis in the story than she otherwise would have had. but i don't think he understands WHY she's the most popular character and her having the most complicated and interesting story was a happy accident that he'll now blow out of the water by showing us too much and getting ham all over everything

this is my feeling as well and it makes me extremely sad

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's been really apparent that the authors aims for this comic way outstrip his writing for a long time now

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Avshalom posted:

but i don't think he understands WHY she's the most popular character

she's a lesbian in a webcomic

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hogge Wild posted:

she's a lesbian in a webcomic

Dude this is what webcomics ARE.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Falstaff posted:

Her agreement was most likely leniency in exchange for "donate a bunch of organs," not "endure surgical perma-hell." Feral's still keeping up her end of the bargain, so the agreement stands.

Yeah, maybe, but there's no halfway house, no giving back the possessions she came in with, no parole officer to check in on her, no acknowledgement of anything. You don't just let somebody walk no questions asked with a plea bargain, especially not a bargain predicated on continued service.

It's also pretty lovely from the perspective of Feral's personal welfare too. Are they paying Feral any for her organs, or do they just expect her to go off and find a job and apartment on her own? You'd think they'd give their golden goose something better than just turning her loose to bunk in a college student's apartment.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I am far from averse to adorable gay girls in my webcomics, and I'm normally loathe to call gay romance pandering cuz come on almost any media representation is usually a step up...

But yeah this is pandering. A gay bridge too gay far.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

something something death of the author

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I am far from averse to adorable gay girls in my webcomics, and I'm normally loathe to call gay romance pandering cuz come on almost any media representation is usually a step up...

But yeah this is pandering. A gay bridge too gay far.

Does it make it better if the artist is a lesbian herself?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Speaking as someone who generally thinks lesbians are incredibly awesome, the idea of an actual gay woman reading this page and not wincing multiple times, let alone drawing it and lettering the dialogue, is really disheartening

e: I just got my best friend and the person whom I most admire freed from a torture prison like nobody in history has ever had to endure, my first question is not "What would you like to do" it's "Do you want to go to the gay meat market and get laid?"

e: hell how about "Do you want some privacy for a while"

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Nov 5, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Daphnaie posted:

No, it actually raises more questions.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Daphnaie posted:

The author is a man. You may know him as Clevin in the comic.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
this is a dumb comic uuuuugh

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
e: nah, not funny

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 5, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

:chloe:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Strong Female Protagonist: A Gay Bridge Too Far

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol look at this loving horseshit

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Holy poo poo gently caress this bullshit. This is the dumbest bullshit I've seen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Synthbuttrange posted:

lol look at this loving horseshit

That's peak webcomic.

Maybe Max has also enhanced Feral's lesbian pheromones, so now all women fall in love with her. Imagine that twist.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 8, 2016

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Lmao it looked like they were going somewhere with dealing with the consequences of her actions (even if it was just an internal struggle) with the whole puking into a garbage can thing but nope! Time for a few strips about how forcing people to do what you want is extremely cool and good and turns out great and your ~gay friend~ is gonna get some tail

I only discovered this comic a few updates ago when someone brought it up in the general webcomics thread and I've never had so little desire to read the archives of a comic before. And I've read a lot of dumb poo poo I knew was bad going in.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey feral cut off your leg and give it to her

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Atahualpa posted:

Not really. Here are the highlights:

I remember this episode of Dilbert.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hey feral cut off your leg and give it to her

Yeah do it

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I don't have the slightest clue what Ferals dialect is supposed to be.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

If this was a slice of life type webcomic this page would be cheesy but kinda cute. As this is sfp could we maybe resolve the big moral issue we raised 6 pages ago.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I'm loving done

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I mean, in universe I don't blame Feral for being all psyched to be not having surgery done on her 24/7, and she was always crazy like this, but as a reader I can't help but wonder what the heck the author is going for. Maybe we'll get lucky and Allison will hurl her guts out of guilt and insanity the instant the others are off camera.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Allison is a big weenie and has never suffered or lost anything except her dog.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What genre is this poo poo supposed to be.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Bad writers are often mortally afraid of meaningful conflict, the kind with stakes and consequences and etc. That's why SFP in particular has a lot of big dramatic speeches and teary-eyed faces but none of it ever amounts to anything.

Bad writers today also seem to have this weird predilection to default into meaningless domestic fluff whenever possible, which is definitely what's happening here - retreating into painful, stilted Questionable Content-esque banter because it's easier and more instantly gratifying then actually trying to pursue the questions the story originally asked.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 8, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SlothfulCobra posted:

What genre is this poo poo supposed to be.

Feral is definitely a slice of liver character.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I've just come from having my organs cut out of my body every few hours, without anesthesia, for a year or two HEY LITTLE LADY U SURE R PRETTY LETS HAVE HOT GAY SEX

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Hoping this goes full Josh Lesnick at the end with sweat and vaginal fluids splattering everywhere :pervert:

this is a sarcastic post dumbass

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Skellybones posted:

Allison is a big weenie and has never suffered or lost anything except her dog.

And her dog got to live to be 18 or something absurd.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Atmus posted:

And her dog got to live to be 18 or something absurd.

Her dad is cancer you guys :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Lots of people are cancers, big deal

• Locked thread