Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Scudworth posted:

It's in saclopedia under "goon in well" and google turns up a pastebin

Thanks for that. :)

E: Oh, do we do the snype thing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Stuntman posted:

I like how whoever added Goon22's line to the quote also put in a LOTR reference. Really proving that strawman wrong.

Goon 22 was the only addition. The LOTR ref is in the original post.

The original post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1889325&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=15#post310152192

Eric the Half a Bea
Jul 13, 2008

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so
Toilet Rascal
SA was awesome around 2005 when I first started lurking. Just fondly remembering Kevin and his realdolls... I love the idea that somewhere out there a man has a trash bag with his totally gross 1st gen dolls in it, having been thrown out (finally) by his disabled girlfriend. It was like the wild west back then. Internet detectives were everywhere. I still have one of Schmorky's t-shirts :todd: - the one sold after some bint stole one of his comics and got their just deserts.

Living through the furry purges was pretty great, and I really miss Abe's E/N moderating. :allears:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"living through the furry purges" lol youre a furry :o:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
wasn't there a goon who stole some food from a dairy queen or something and got gunned down by police in the car park while running away and his parents were like "we're a bit sad but the cops did what they had to do"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Avshalom posted:

wasn't there a goon who stole some food from a dairy queen or something and got gunned down by police in the car park while running away and his parents were like "we're a bit sad but the cops did what they had to do"

gently caress I vaguely remember this. I remember being shocked by some parents' completely laissez-faire attitude to their own son getting shot to death for stealing a small thing.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Goons have a history of not learning their lessons so I'm glad someone was able to find a permanent solution.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those loving realdolls. And all those cans of BAWLS.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Casimir Radon posted:

Goons have a history of not learning their lessons so I'm glad someone was able to find a permanent solution.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rhyno posted:

Those loving realdolls. And all those cans of BAWLS.

same but puckins & printers

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Avshalom posted:

I want to read this thread - I might even spring for archives to do so.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Powaqoatse posted:

puckins & printers

someone needs to make a pen and paper RPG about the forums, and name it this

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Code Jockey posted:

someone needs to make a pen and paper RPG about the forums, and name it this

*rolls d20 for Goon Project* "ah gently caress critical fumble* "i guess not"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Powaqoatse posted:

*rolls d20 for Goon Project* "ah gently caress critical fumble* "i guess not"

Ooooo Roll for critical doxxing.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

VendaGoat posted:

is this better or worse than rolling for anal circumference

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Quidam Viator posted:

I am a horrible monster, and I pray for death.

This is from quite a ways back but I just started reading this thread. You'll be missed. Thanks for some of the better conversations I've had here.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

I Said No posted:

is this better or worse than rolling for anal circumference

The scary part is that roll is done with a D100.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

VendaGoat posted:

TCPAC0 (to carry printer, armor class 0)

I Said No
May 21, 2007

the reappearance of a SASS thread in gbs set off a weird memory of some christmas themed thread I saw once a few years ago, I looked inside and everyone was just posting in loving weird impenetrable "accents" and i couldn't tell what in the gently caress was supposed to be going on despite this apparently being a yearly thing

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

I Said No posted:

the reappearance of a SASS thread in gbs set off a weird memory of some christmas themed thread I saw once a few years ago, I looked inside and everyone was just posting in loving weird impenetrable "accents" and i couldn't tell what in the gently caress was supposed to be going on despite this apparently being a yearly thing

It was "Snatter", a long tradition that was killed in a wonderful way.

We discussed it ITT previously

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784826&pagenumber=27&perpage=40#post463612085

Scudworth has a new favorite as of 13:58 on Nov 7, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

that choccoes bullshit makes me so irrationally angry to this loving day

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

God that's the probably the most irritating thing I've ever read. Retroactively ban them all.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I admit I liked the threads because it was weird and a little endearing. Anyone who tried to copy that manner of speech was awful though. I used to read them just to see what the guy came up with. What a difference a year makes though - when he came back to try his annual Christmas tradition, GBS had changed so much in one year that no one knew what the gently caress he was on about and ridiculed him into oblivion. I don't miss it.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Coulda hosted those images anywhere. That's the beauty.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
There was a user who posted a thread about how his high school teacher yelled at him for being a moron and then he made a direct threat to her on his website. I think it was Ozma called his school and he freaked out.

I've only ever seen the original thread, apparantly there was a followup where it was revealed he was expelled and got probation or something. Does anyone have that followup?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does anyone remember that post from the 15(?) year old about how he was already jaded with his life because he's smarter than everyone he goes to school with and knows?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
DINO DAMAGE was pretty funny, though I haven't been able to find the thread.

Some car goon (Boomerjinks) liked to make his cars vaguely resemble popular ones in media. He did a Jeep or something and Telltale wanted to use it, he said sure.

A few weeks later he posted a sob story about how it had some scratches on it and Telltale refused to take fault/reimburse him. So he posted here, on 4chan, reddit, etc to lead a witch hunt on the mean lady who worked at Telltale.

I believe she quit due to the harassment, at which point a few posters from FYAD noted that the picture he first showed had him securing the hooks of a tarp on incorrectly... :allears:

Cuntellectual has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Nov 7, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Scudworth posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784826&pagenumber=27&perpage=40#post463612085

lol

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

OldTennisCourt posted:

There was a user who posted a thread about how his high school teacher yelled at him for being a moron and then he made a direct threat to her on his website. I think it was Ozma called his school and he freaked out.

I've only ever seen the original thread, apparantly there was a followup where it was revealed he was expelled and got probation or something. Does anyone have that followup?

This was Jihad Breath.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cuntellectual posted:

DINO DAMAGE was pretty funny, though I haven't been able to find the thread.

Some car goon (Boomerjinks) liked to make his cars vaguely resemble popular ones in media. He did a Jeep or something and Telltale wanted to use it, he said sure.

A few weeks later he posted a sob story about how it had some scratches on it and Telltale refused to take fault/reimburse him. So he posted here, on 4chan, reddit, etc to lead a witch hunt on the mean lady who worked at Telltale.

I believe she quit due to the harassment, at which point a few posters from FYAD noted

Noted what? I can't wait to hear the exciting conclusion of this story!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Big Centipede posted:

This was Jihad Breath.

Mrs. Sadler is a bitch

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that the same dude who wanted people to come up with names for his swords?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Scudworth posted:

I actually liked Snatter. I thought it was cute.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

bunky posted:

Mrs. Sadler is a bitch

That's him. Someone found his website and it was hilarious. Just tons of bullshit about his teacher being a big jerk. I know someone mentioned in an earlier thread he said he got expelled but I've never seen it.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Cuntellectual posted:

So he posted here, on 4chan, reddit, etc to lead a witch hunt on the mean lady who worked at Telltale.

I believe she quit due to the harassment, at which point a few posters from FYAD noted that the picture he first showed had him securing the hooks of a tarp on incorrectly... :allears:
It was even more demented. From what i recall she had quit before Boomer opened fire for medical reasons and as she was the main point of contact he rounded on her. It was unbelievably petty.

On top of that it was clear Telltale weren't to blame. The Jeep was damaged before it even arrived in their hands, and the torn seat cover was dubious.

Telltale dipped into the insurance clause and gave him a cheque to go away as it was a major hassle.

http://kotaku.com/5859501/telltale-co-founder-offers-to-pay-his-own-money-to-cover-damaged-jurassic-park-jeep

BogDew has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Nov 8, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I actually liked Snatter. I thought it was cute.

Congrats, you're a dipshit

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Scudworth posted:

dang, i dont have archives but i guess subsequent posts cleared it up enough
honestly i wasn't even sure if i was mis-remembering it all until everyone clarified things, i half thought it was some dumb fever dream thing that i just kind of walked into this utterly impenetrable thread, kind of boggled for a bit and then shrugged and hosed off because i literally couldn't understand what anyone was saying well enough to formulate a response

kind of plays out like how hellbastard got purged i guess. bless this gbs

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Len posted:

Does anyone remember that post from the 15(?) year old about how he was already jaded with his life because he's smarter than everyone he goes to school with and knows?

Seconding this because I vaguely remember reading it before and it was hilarious.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Was that the Grothmore kid who tried to join the Goon EVE group and got summarily owned trying to prove his superior intellect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
as much as those kids might need a reality check of some kind, i feel that their classmates is probably more appropriately suited for delivering those wake-up calls, than a herd of adult goons more than twice their age.

i like weird stories about crazy idiot on-line people, but adults making fun of kids is just weird and off-putting in itself